by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Lynch elementary schools will lose the 'Lynch' due to racial implications
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Nero, the Execution of Peter and Paul, and the Biggest Fake News in Early Christ
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:24 PM
Trump and Russia
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 01:26 AM
What are the climate change deniers scared of?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:19 AM
John Oliver explains “the most influential media company that you’ve never heard
by matthew
07/22/17 10:07 PM
Was That Racist?
by Greger
07/22/17 03:00 PM
Round Table for July 2017
by matthew
07/22/17 02:24 AM
Public Option is the ONLY Option
by pondering_it_all
07/21/17 02:20 AM
Reign of Idiots
by matthew
07/20/17 10:18 PM
BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion
by jgw
07/19/17 07:02 PM
The end of endless growth
by pondering_it_all
07/18/17 05:45 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
07/17/17 06:15 PM
Greenwald: Donald Trump Jr.'s Emails Are Not A "Smoking Gun" Of Anything; Democr
by pdx rick
07/17/17 04:45 PM
Forum Stats
6234 Members
57 Forums
15978 Topics
275816 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Member Submitted Links
Jump to new posts Re: If anybody thinks Trump is doing nothing by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 10:02 PM

Just a thought: Trump DOES have the power to pardon people of federal crimes. How about pardoning all users of medical marijuana for the still very real federal crimes of possessing and growing their own. That way the DOJ can concentrate on real c
News
Jump to new posts Re: Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 09:38 PM

Quote:Fear is not the mind killer for conservatives. It is the tool to manipulate the ignorant masses. Which brings up a very interesting point: Are the people doing the manipulation or their victims the true Republicans? Sure, they all vote for R
News
Well of course, you couldn't refer to it in a way to insinuate that good Christian White ladies were involved. Then you would have Black men looking at it and going on a rampage! It had to be named after something subhuman. Ah, history. Our ances
History Roundtable
Like most things in the Christian traditions: Fabricated long after the actual events for political purposes. Among other things, I think this is why the Gospel of Thomas is much more informative if you are interested in the real Jesus, without the
News
Jump to new posts Re: Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska by pdx rick @ Yesterday at 08:19 PM

Conservatives Big on Fear, Brain Study Finds Psychology Today
History Roundtable
Nero, the Execution of Peter and Paul, and the Biggest Fake News in Early Christian History Candida Moss The Daily Beast July 23, 2017 Quote:Christian tradition maintains that after Rome nearly burned to the ground, Nero engaged in a brutal crackdo
News
Jump to new posts Re: Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska by rporter314 @ Yesterday at 02:19 PM

Fear is not the mind killer for conservatives. It is the tool to manipulate the ignorant masses. The ignorant live in uneasy undefinable fear. It just takes someone to tell them who or what to blame for their fear.
News
Jump to new posts Re: Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska by NW Ponderer @ Yesterday at 12:49 PM

ODIOUS adjective extremely unpleasant; repulsive. synonyms: revolting, repulsive, repellent, repugnant, disgusting, offensive, objectionable, vile, foul, abhorrent, loathsome, nauseating, sickening, hateful, detestable, execrable, abominable, monstro
News
Jump to new posts Re: Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska by NW Ponderer @ Yesterday at 11:59 AM

This is great journalism. It highlights that absolute disconnect between realty and perception, and how it can be manipulated to reach an end.
News
Quote: “Injun Massacre" There was a prominent mountain peak in my neck that was, for a very long time, known as: ”Squaws Tit” One look and one would readily agree. Yet that shape did not only apply to “Squaws” It was universal. The humani
News
Let's change all the names of various "Lynch" institutions to "Injun Massacre" whatever. That's another thing right out of American History but I think the descendants wouldn't mind if people were reminded.
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Trump and Russia by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 01:26 AM

Sessions may just be toast: WaPo published a story about his MANY meetings with Russians, both before and after the election. Intelligence agencies intercepted communications from the Russians back to Moscow after the meetings and they are VERY inc
Member Submitted Links
Jump to new posts Re: If anybody thinks Trump is doing nothing by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 01:14 AM

Oh, he's certainly doing stuff. But how much is he doing that can't be instantly undone by the next Democratic administration? He'll have trouble getting any of his controversial stuff through Congress and made into law.
News
Jump to new posts Re: Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 01:09 AM

"Fear is the mind-killer." to quote Frank Herbert It makes it impossible for us to think rationally. The demagogues use it to manipulate masses of people to whatever they like. All I can say, is if you let fear rule you then you are a c
News
Jump to new posts Re: Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska by rporter314 @ Yesterday at 12:58 AM

the same with Sharia
News
Jump to new posts Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 12:19 AM

Quote:the single most influential factor behind right wing ideology is hatred of the government Now that the federal government is trying to gather up everybody's voter information, these true patriots should immediately cancel their voter registrat
News
Jump to new posts Re: What are the climate change deniers scared of? by logtroll @ 07/22/17 11:40 PM

Originally Posted By: matthewThere is one important factor besides money. Most of the "useful idiots" brainwashed by the Denialist Cabal have been conditioned to be hysterical about "big government" and regulation. I agree. I ha
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Trump and Russia by matthew @ 07/22/17 10:48 PM

' Good find, Cousin It ! But I am sure that at least as much money has been stolen and laundered by the American oligarchs as has been stolen by Putin and his oligarchs and hangers-on. .
News
' There is one important factor besides money. Most of the "useful idiots" brainwashed by the Denialist Cabal have been conditioned to be hysterical about "big government" and regulation. To do anything really effective about gl
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Trump and Russia by itstarted @ 07/22/17 10:15 PM

First... apologies for not going thru the thread, as I'm sure this has been discussed... But... It's a subject that has suddenly brought all of the Russia/US politics into focus for me. The Magnitsky Act A close reading makes a lot of names
News
Jump to new posts Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska by matthew @ 07/22/17 10:12 PM

' Here is: a transcript of this morning's NPR "This American Life" about the typically uninformed American hysteria about the immigration "question." Quote:Brian Reed Basically, there's been this huge political fight going on i
Matters of culture
' Nothing strange at all. The same people who own or control the War Machine are pretty much the same people who own or control the Mass Media. .
Member Submitted Links
Jump to new posts If anybody thinks Trump is doing nothing by jgw @ 07/22/17 10:01 PM

Everybody who thinks that Trump is doing nothing should watching this one. Its kinda interesting. CNN, MSNBC, local stations, et.al. somehow rarely ever mention just what Trump is actually doing. This one has to do with the environment: https://w
News
Janaki Chadha The Oregonian July 21, 2017 Quote:The national movement to change racially offensive names of buildings, sports teams and landmarks will soon touch a group of schools in southeast Portland. Lynch Meadows, Lynch Wood and Lynch View elem
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: Was That Racist? by Greger @ 07/22/17 03:00 PM

Oddly, in my 65 years in the deep south, while I've seen a lot of racists, I've seldom seen actual instances of racism perpetrated on individuals. People are generally rude and self absorbed but racists, more often than not, are cowards who keep thei
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Seadog, sapogvvsrost, papedPop, Dujmovochka123, zapedPop
6234 Registered Users
A2