by pdx rick
Yesterday at 05:36 PM
Happy 100th birthday, John F. Kennedy
by Golem
Yesterday at 02:36 PM
Jet owned by Elvis auctioned after sitting 30 years on New Mexico runway
by rporter314
05/28/17 09:17 PM
White-Owned Restaurants Shamed for Serving Ethnic Food: It's Cultural Appropriat
by logtroll
05/28/17 04:24 PM
How is Trump President?!
by NW Ponderer
05/26/17 06:45 PM
The 4 new reasons why more than half of Americans disapprove of President Trump
by pondering_it_all
05/26/17 01:20 AM
Trump Forum
by NW Ponderer
05/25/17 10:53 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
05/25/17 10:35 PM
Saudi Arabia - yet again
by jgw
05/25/17 05:47 PM
South African hunter WAS killed by a crocodile, DNA tests on human remains found
by pondering_it_all
05/25/17 06:53 AM
We Ranked the 40 Greatest Star Wars Moments
by Golem
05/25/17 12:36 AM
Forum Stats
6220 Members
57 Forums
15916 Topics
274816 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Finance, the economy & Economics
Jump to new posts Re: Breaking the deal with the Devil by logtroll @ 59 minutes 0 seconds ago

Could it be that corporatism/capitalism will lead to a form of communism? The looming change in our transportation model Quote:But car ownership seems to be becoming more and more obsolete. Sooner or later, people will have to give away their ca
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017 by pondering_it_all @ Today at 03:34 AM

Quote:Taliesin Myrddin Namkai Meche will be remembered as a hero by his family and many in Portland. The 23-year-old was just starting his career. He was a compassionate young man with many plans, his sister said at Saturday's vigil. After graduating
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Round Table for May 2017 by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 11:10 PM

Ick, I'm sure even Eastern European former "models" have some standards. I bet she thinks the distance between New York and D.C. is about right, in terms of intimacy. There's an ancient joke in here about British sailors having the longes
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Round Table for May 2017 by NW Ponderer @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

I'm not sure that President T retains the ability to tap anything with his bloated 70 year old ... um, body, but the 3rd Lady... wait, First lady... certainly is eligible.
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Round Table for May 2017 by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 07:27 PM

Quote:When no one is looking. He'd brag about it.
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: Memorial Day by NW Ponderer @ Yesterday at 06:31 PM

I'm more moved for Memorial Day today than I have been for years. In part, it is because of the heroes on the Portland train who stepped in to protect two teenagers who were being accosted by a white supremacist and were brutally murdered. Teen on
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017 by NW Ponderer @ Yesterday at 06:11 PM

Longtime Sports Illustrated writer Frank Deford dies at 78. I have been a fan of Frank Deford for decades. He's been a fixture on NPR for three decades, which is where I first heard him. I only got connected to Sports Illustrated (and briefly) becau
Campaign 2016
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Case Scenario by pdx rick @ Yesterday at 05:36 PM

We'll probably have a civil war before the Constitution get changed. We're in need of a good civil war: Libs v CONservatives (We've got our ghetto Libs who will take any opportunity to shank a rich, white, CONservative. After the anarchy settles
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Round Table for May 2017 by pdx rick @ Yesterday at 05:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Condon...FLOTUS Melania, poor thing, has a hugely difficult task--being a single mother in her lonely high rise apartment in her NY tower... Did you see, not once, but twice, Melania swat BLOATUS' hand away? Some good-looki
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: Memorial Day by logtroll @ Yesterday at 03:13 PM

Another bump.... Originally Posted By: logtrollI propose that we dedicate each and every Memorial Day to finding, and inculcating, a human aversion to war. We should seek to strip war of any glorification, while still treating its victims (soldiers
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Happy 100th birthday, John F. Kennedy by Golem @ Yesterday at 02:36 PM

CBS News May 29, 2017 Quote:John F. Kennedy would be 100 years old on Monday, were he still alive. The 35th president of the United States was killed in 1963, midway through his term in office, but he is revered today as one of the most towering fig
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: Memorial Day by Golem @ Yesterday at 02:18 PM

Bump for 2017
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Round Table for May 2017 by Ken Condon @ Yesterday at 07:08 AM

Quote:piece of beautiful chocolate cake FLOTUS Melania, poor thing, has a hugely difficult task--being a single mother in her lonely high rise apartment in her NY tower-- and all of that. In the past she was very skillful at sending out for Mr. Tr
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Round Table for May 2017 by pdx rick @ Yesterday at 05:23 AM

Thank the Goddesses that our POTUS made it back home safely from his first International tour. I'll know he's ok when I see a bucket of KFC in one fist, and a piece of beautiful chocolate cake in the other...
Campaign 2016
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Case Scenario by Jeffery J. Haas @ Yesterday at 04:31 AM

Originally Posted By: pdx rick Before any of that happens Jeff, remember it takes time to rewrite the Constitution and then vote on the changes. Look at what is happening in Congress, at this very moment, with Republican in charge - nothing. Why?
Matters of culture
I have been to the Roswell airplane graveyard .... planes everywhere .... but let me recommend the alien museum downtown and the green chile mexican food
Matters of culture
Yeah. Even if it's not, there isn't enough there, there, to make it a topic of substance. The righties do this a lot in what they call "debates" on other blogs. They get much of their news from Twitter, which specializes in finding isolated outrages
Matters of culture
Doesn't this strike anyone else as having the ring of "fake news"?
Campaign 2016
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Case Scenario by pdx rick @ 05/28/17 05:52 AM

Before any of that happens Jeff, remember it takes time to rewrite the Constitution and then vote on the changes. Look at what is happening in Congress, at this very moment, with Republican in charge - nothing. Why? Because they're fighting wit
Campaign 2016
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Case Scenario by Jeffery J. Haas @ 05/28/17 05:31 AM

Long before 2018 we will witness the last five states ratify their intent to hold a Constitutional Convention. At that point, Pence, all his theocrat buddies (like Gianforte in Montana) and the billionaire class of Kochs, Mercers and their peers WILL
Campaign 2016
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Case Scenario by pondering_it_all @ 05/28/17 04:25 AM

And after Paul Ryan comes Orrin Hatch. It takes six deaths or impeachments before you get to Mattis, who might be reasonable. But seriously, I don't think Pence has done all that much in the way of High Crimes: He may have done some stupid things
Campaign 2016
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Case Scenario by pdx rick @ 05/28/17 02:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. HaasPresident Pence will be our pastor-president once the Right is finished lapping up all that Trump gravy. There will be no 'President Pence.' Pence lied about knowing that Flynn was a foreign agent. Paul Ryan wi
Campaign 2016
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Case Scenario by pdx rick @ 05/28/17 02:13 AM

I'm getting really tired of our Democrat Presidents having to clean-up the sh!t of Republican Presidents.
Matters of culture
Even if it had an engine, there's no way I would fire it up after sitting there for 30 years without regular operation and maintenance. Good way to die. It is just a collectors item, not something that should ever fly again. Also, why on earth wou
Matters of culture
Quote:A private jet once owned by Elvis Presley has been auctioned after sitting on a runway in New Mexico for 30 years. The plane sold for $430,000 on Saturday at an Agoura Hills event featuring celebrity memorabilia, GWS Auctions Inc. said... The
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 31 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
agentfity, ojixadybi, tjgraylaw, AndyEmisa, lubluodPix
6220 Registered Users
A2