06/01/18 02:56 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
58 Forums
16290 Topics
280419 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The Trump Administration
Jump to new posts Re: TrumpTrade by Greger @ 59 minutes 41 seconds ago

Quote:Trade War with the entire rest of the world! I was wondering what path President Trump would follow in his bid to wreck the World Economy. Self destructive trade wars seems like a perfect way to do it. Destroying the strong(if unequal) economy
The Trump Administration
Jump to new posts Re: TrumpTrade by Greger @ Today at 09:26 PM

Quote: Republican Congressmen used to be smarter and didn't actually believe all of their own propaganda Republican propaganda drew the true believers into becoming candidates themselves. They became elected officials and eventually formed the "
2018 Elections
Jump to new posts Re: The Democratic Plan by chunkstyle @ Today at 06:15 PM

I've posted this link before and it's worth remembering the utter and complete graft and incompetence of the corporate democratic party. Centrist Incompetence An annihilation of an election and the rules committee is still rearranging the deck
The Trump Administration
Jump to new posts Re: TrumpTrade by jgw @ Today at 05:55 PM

apparently we are, right now, in a Trade War with the entire rest of the world! The latest I saw was that Trump is now threatening China with 200 billion more in tariffs. Eventually China will have enough and setting the problem. It would be very
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by jgw @ Today at 05:47 PM

again, whatever is decided about the housing thing they must, first, define 'homeless'. Does that include the insane in the same fix? How about the drug addicts - do they too get included in the same fix? Then there are the just plain bums. They
The Media
Jump to new posts Re: gas lighting and the meda by jgw @ Today at 05:31 PM

There are some that are now calling for all news (agencies, sites, media, etc) to be rated. I remain confused as to who would do this (some are calling for got but that's unlikely I think) but, in principle, that is certainly a place to start? If
2018 Elections
Jump to new posts Re: The Democratic Plan by jgw @ Today at 05:27 PM

I get dunned for money at least 6 times a day. If I assign said dunning to spam it makes no difference as it will be replaced. I can't even figure out how they are doing that. I do know that, after about 100 dunnings I just ignore them all. I kno
2018 Elections
Jump to new posts Re: The Democratic Plan by chunkstyle @ Today at 01:17 PM

Money doesn't come for free. You can't back popular positions and win broad support if your money tells you not to. What you can do is play identity politics devoid of any meaningful impact on most peoples daily lives in any significant way except s
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by pondering_it_all @ Today at 09:13 AM

Quote: a side entrance Not hard at all, especially if there is no electric wiring or plumbing in the wall where the door will go. Then it's just a few minutes with a saws-all, framing in a new door header, and screwing in a door with frame from Home
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by Jeffery J. Haas @ Today at 04:33 AM

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all In light of the real estate and rental crunch, a tiny home or two in the backyard might be just the thing for young adult children who can't afford to move out. Indeed, good call. Our daughter will most likely
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by Greger @ Today at 03:24 AM

Not many homeless folks have access to all those amenities and there are "Hoovervilles" filled with tents, cardboard boxes and plenty of squalor all over the USA.
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

Well, not really. They have electricity, heat, running water, sewage, etc. Pretty much all the amenities of a modest American home, but with a lot less wasted space. Consider to that they are far superior to a cardboard box behind the supermarket,
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by matthew @ Yesterday at 08:22 PM

Originally Posted By: GregerQuote:...the Good Old Days of Herbert Hoover. And those "tiny houses" soon begin to resemble the Hooverville shanties. Good point! --- .
2018 Elections
Jump to new posts Re: The Democratic Plan by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 02:18 AM

Quote:Seems to me that their only real plan is to get a huge pile of money for I have no idea They are well aware of every crappy thing the right and Trump have done. They will be running campaigns for November and in 2020. To do that takes money.
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by Greger @ Yesterday at 12:39 AM

Quote:...the Good Old Days of Herbert Hoover. And those "tiny houses" soon begin to resemble the Hooverville shanties.
The Media
Jump to new posts Re: gas lighting and the meda by Jeffery J. Haas @ 06/18/18 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: jgwActually, I can remember a time when the networks considered their news departments to be part of their responsibility to the nation and were not centers for profit. During that time they also operated under the fair exposur
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by matthew @ 06/18/18 08:53 PM

' The goal of the billionaire Oligarchs who have taken over the USA is to return to the Good Old Days of Herbert Hoover. ---with gerrymandering and vote rigging to prevent a democratic backlash, of course. .
2018 Elections
Jump to new posts Re: The Democratic Plan by matthew @ 06/18/18 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: jgwI know, I am repeating myself. However, I don't think just bashing Trump is going to win the election for the Dems. It would be nice if they could actually bring themselves to even vaguely mention some of the stuff the Jack
Computers & Technology
A couple of years ago I think I posted something about SMR's They are, in theory, small and impossible to melt down (VERY safe). They can be buried and are utterly safe. I was under the impression that there were a couple being tested at one of th
The Media
Jump to new posts Re: gas lighting and the meda by Ujest Shurly @ 06/18/18 06:21 PM

Yes, the days of Edward R. Murrow, Walter Cronkite and others of their stand are long gone.
2018 Elections
Jump to new posts Re: The Democratic Plan by jgw @ 06/18/18 05:59 PM

I know, I am repeating myself. However, I don't think just bashing Trump is going to win the election for the Dems. It would be nice if they could actually bring themselves to even vaguely mention some of the stuff the Jackass administration is doi
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: The Homeless by jgw @ 06/18/18 05:53 PM

I might point out that HUD is proposing that rental rates for the poor be raised 3 times higher than they are now. The logic is that this will give, for instance, them elderly poor to go out and get a job. I remember going to Russia, several years
The Media
Jump to new posts Re: gas lighting and the meda by jgw @ 06/18/18 05:48 PM

Actually, I can remember a time when the networks considered their news departments to be part of their responsibility to the nation and were not centers for profit. During that time they also operated under the fair exposure rule which said if you
The Media
Jump to new posts Re: gas lighting and the meda by Ujest Shurly @ 06/18/18 02:06 PM

Do not be to hard on the Media, they are just doing what they have been constructed and conditioned to do and it makes them susceptible to manipulation by someone like President Donald (DICKtator Wannabe) Trump. For 10 - 15 years, I used to live nea
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: RoundTable for June 2018 by pondering_it_all @ 06/17/18 11:12 PM

But those men may well have been President with this amendment because they would have served as governor before running for President. Right now, any popular idiot who is 35, has lived here for 14 years, and is natural born can run. This would cre
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2