Current Topics
Cartels? We don't need no steenking cartels
by Irked
43 minutes 52 seconds ago
A Time magazine with Trump on the cover hangs in his golf clubs. Itís fake.
by pdx rick
57 minutes 13 seconds ago
why democrats are losing
by pondering_it_all
Today at 12:27 AM
Healthcare from the right
by jgw
Yesterday at 10:17 PM
The Supreme Court's Continuing Trend to Establish Religion
by Irked
Yesterday at 01:01 AM
Dodger Fan (short story)
by Golem
06/27/17 07:46 PM
Worst Case Scenario
by rporter314
06/27/17 06:13 PM
Trump and Russia
by pdx rick
06/27/17 05:16 PM
Deceptive marketing, or frivolous lawsuit?
by logtroll
06/27/17 12:53 PM
RoundTable for June 2017
by NW Ponderer
06/27/17 12:16 PM
Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya and Danielle Goyette headline Hockey Hall of Fame's c
by Golem
06/26/17 08:02 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
06/25/17 08:35 PM
Missouri SB 5 punishes women who use birth control
by pdx rick
06/25/17 08:14 PM
Trump Forum
by pondering_it_all
06/24/17 04:57 AM
Star Trek: Discovery to ditch a long frustrating Trek rule
by Golem
06/23/17 06:45 PM
Forum Stats
6234 Members
57 Forums
15953 Topics
275334 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Finance, the economy & Economics
Jump to new posts Re: Cartels? We don't need no steenking cartels by Irked @ 55 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: logtroll It's just such a shame that they can't make quality films like this anymore: films that don't just cover a daring topic in a tasteful and dignified manner, but a work imbued with Eternal Truths.
News
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_allYes, they did. And the whole thing is rather silly because there are several Time covers with Trump on them. The self-adulation is truly nauseating. I'm sure Time, Inc is like: Quote: Ew...gross - as if we'd
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: why democrats are losing by pondering_it_all @ Today at 12:27 AM

Sure, you can let people buy in early. But you can't just say "Free Medicare for everybody 55". They have not made their contribution yet. But if you have them pay in as much as a healthcare policy costs with a 15% discount (since we are
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Healthcare from the right by jgw @ Yesterday at 10:17 PM

First, I don't watch fox news. today I watched Trump news (CNN 7 ABC I think). He was lying/talking about how successful his meeting was with the folks from the senate. Then the talking heads, and some that were there, got on and explained it was
Constitutional Issues
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer Supreme Court sides with religious institutions in a major church-state decision - WaPo (subscription). This case, TRINITY LUTHERAN CHURCH OF COLUMBIA, INC. v. COMER . . . I am so very pleased that they openly disp
That's Entertainment
Jump to new posts Dodger Fan (short story) by Golem @ 06/27/17 07:46 PM

DODGER FAN by Will Stanton Originally published in The Magazine of Fantasy and Science Fiction, June 1957 Link I first read this over fifty years ago.
Campaign 2016
Jump to new posts Re: Worst Case Scenario by rporter314 @ 06/27/17 06:13 PM

Beside the obvious, I suspect Kushner may have brought the God patent with him when he talked to Abbas and implicitly and in a quiet voice suggested Israel really wants to annex the west bank but are still trying to figure out how to handle the issue
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Trump and Russia by pdx rick @ 06/27/17 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_allIf you look at his old interviews and such, he was much more articulate, had a normal vocabulary, understood the questions, etc. Inventing new words like "bigly" is a sign that your brain is so damaged
The Legal Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Deceptive marketing, or frivolous lawsuit? by logtroll @ 06/27/17 12:53 PM

The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: RoundTable for June 2017 by NW Ponderer @ 06/27/17 12:16 PM

More specific prediction: 4-2-3 decision, unless Roberts decides to vote with the T-A-G bloc to boost his "conservative" status. If not, he writes the decision (my bet). Otherwise, Sotomayor or Kagan does. Kennedy and Ginsburg want to write
Sports
Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya and Danielle Goyette headline Hockey Hall of Fame's class of 2017 Lance Hornby National Post June 26, 2017 Quote:The Finnish Flash will light up the Hockey Hall Of Fame. Teemu Selanne was the lock to be named among the 2
American Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Miscellaneous humor thread by Golem @ 06/25/17 08:35 PM

Before the Shabbat (the Jewish Sabbath) service, Maurice goes to his friend Irving and says, "I need a favor. I'm sleeping with the Rabbi's wife. Can you hold him in synagogue for an hour after services for me?" Irving is not very fond of
Politics In General
Originally Posted By: stereoman. I miss stereoman visiting us.
Tell It To The Editors
Jump to new posts Re: Trump Forum by pondering_it_all @ 06/24/17 04:57 AM

Trump obviously thinks a President can act like the CEO of a privately held company. Even CEOs of public companies have to act very much more aware of the legal niceties. Presidents of the US have way more scrutiny from the press, from members of t
That's Entertainment
James Hibberd Entertainment Weekly June 23, 2017 Quote:Star Trek: Discovery is shedding a creative restriction thatís long frustrated top writers on previous shows in the franchise. Showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen J. Berg ó working from a c
Non-Conventional Theories
Jump to new posts Re: The truth - finally by Jeffery J. Haas @ 06/23/17 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: jgwShe would have also, for instance, not agreed with taxing for highways but would have had every highway tolled. The problem with that one is that travel would not be possible for many. An example of that one was the people
The Environment
Jump to new posts Want to do something about global warming? by logtroll @ 06/22/17 12:29 PM

The Carbon Roadshow video series I have been working with Dr. Johnson for a couple of years now, coupling our biochar production work with his fascinating soils research. We are developing a 'commercial' system for making Johnson's fungal dominant
Who's Online
1 registered (zapedPop), 32 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Seadog, sapogvvsrost, papedPop, Dujmovochka123, zapedPop
6234 Registered Users
A2