by pondering_it_all
08/20/17 01:52 AM
Cultural iconography
by pondering_it_all
08/20/17 01:28 AM
Hyde: Is Stanton the legit HR king if he hits 62? Even he wonders | Commentary
by Golem
08/18/17 07:00 PM
Trump resurrects tall tale about General Pershing and Muslims after Barcelona te
by jgw
08/18/17 06:51 PM
OJ Simpson Pop-Up Museum To Open In Chinatown
by Golem
08/18/17 04:09 PM
Forum Stats
6241 Members
57 Forums
16019 Topics
276241 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Politics In General
Matthew Haag The New York Times August 23, 2017 Quote:ESPN has removed an announcer from its broadcast of the University of Virginia’s first football game next month because he has the same name as a Confederate general memorialized in statues that
Science and scientific thought
I have always been interested in science.
News
Jump to new posts Re: Charolottesville by Spag-hetti @ Today at 04:39 AM

Dang, NWP, I couldn't get there from here. I tried using the whole thing, and I tried using pieces of it. I'm not good at this.
Tell It To The Editors
Jump to new posts Re: Trump Forum by pondering_it_all @ Today at 12:49 AM

Quote: he is nevertheless doing his level best to sabotage the most important ones Sure, he assumes Obama was bad, therefore everything Obama did was bad. But he's only tackling the simple ones. Like Obama was against the KKK and Nazis, so Trump h
The Legal Forum
Fortunately, they are combining lowered criminal penalties with much better access to treatment programs in poor counties. The funding (or lack of) meant that people in poor counties were much more likely to go to prison for drug offenses, while peo
History Roundtable
Yeah, but these were Americans being polled. Some may have thought 'neo' was a typo, and it was supposed to be 'no,' as in 'no nazis." Others may have thought neo-nazis were a kinder, gentler -- new and improved -- kind of nazi, which might no
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Round Table for August 2017 by pondering_it_all @ 08/21/17 11:10 PM

It's all really 2-D. We all live in Flatland and we are dreaming of a third dimension. PIA AKA A. Square
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017 by Golem @ 08/21/17 06:56 PM

Science fiction author Brian Aldiss dies aged 92 Quote:Brian Aldiss, the “grand old man” of science fiction whose writing has shaped the genre since he was first published in the 1950s, has died at the age of 92. Aldiss’s agent, Curtis Brown, and h
That's Entertainment
Jump to new posts The 27th Day by Golem @ 08/21/17 03:58 PM

The 27th Day I've always enjoyed this 75 minute 1957 Cold War era film by John Mantley from his 1956 novel. I saw it in the theater when it was first released and subsequently read the novel. Arnold Moss, who portrays The Alien, is also known for po
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Washington's farewell address by NW Ponderer @ 08/20/17 06:08 PM

Timing.
Politics In General
There's also a blues band, an insurance company, a couple of TV series, and anybody who goes someplace far away for any reason, all named "traveler". There is such a thing as having such an open mind that your brain falls out. I'm sure th
Morality & Society
Jump to new posts Re: Cultural iconography by pondering_it_all @ 08/20/17 01:28 AM

Civil war reinactments would be fine, too. Actually, those battle flags were just that. They were not state flags. Putting a bumper sticker on your car or flying one on your house just says: "I'm such a loser, I'm still on the losing side of
Sports
Dave Hyde South Florida Sun-Sentinel August 16, 2017 Quote:If I’m Giancarlo Stanton, I’d feel conflicted about the Steroid Era, too. I’d think Roger Maris’ 61 home runs in a season is the legitimate record, too. “Considering some things, I do,’’ he
News
I just wanted everybody to twitter the Donald and encourage him to keep it up! He is right on the edge of removal and it will only take a few more sillies to get rid of the jerk. I know, we can count on him to be the jackass but now is the time!!!!
The Trump Administration
Jump to new posts Re: The Generals take charge by Jeffery J. Haas @ 08/18/17 05:08 PM

Did you see Kelly's face when Trump walked back his Charlottesville apology? CNBC
The Trump Administration
Jump to new posts BANNON FIRED! by Jeffery J. Haas @ 08/18/17 05:03 PM

This is the breach of the proverbial "fifth watertight compartment" on the Trump Titanic. The blowback will be EPIC. Now all that remains is to get rid of Kellyanne Conway. She's a Mercer tool as well.
Crime & Punishment
Jump to new posts OJ Simpson Pop-Up Museum To Open In Chinatown by Golem @ 08/18/17 04:09 PM

CBS Los Angeles August 17, 2017 Quote:CHINATOWN (CBSLA.com) — The white Ford Bronco has returned. As CBS2’s Jo Kwon reports, an OJ Simpson museum is opening at a Chinatown gallery. The white Bronco sitting right outside the museum is not the actua
The Environment
People should start thinking about improving their insulation and installing mini-split heat pumps. They don't cost a lot more than conventional whole-house AC and get more like 24 SEER (1.5 times more efficient than normal AC). They can also suppl
That's Entertainment
' Brave New World by Aldous Huxley Ape and Essence by Aldous Huxley .
Politics In General
Joel B. Pollak Breitbart August 17, 2017 Quote:Conservative talk radio host Dennis Prager received a standing ovation from a near-capacity crowd the moment he walked on the stage Wednesday evening to conduct the Santa Monica Symphony Orchestra at Wa
Terrorism
Jump to new posts Re: Anonymous declares war on the alt-right in new video by pondering_it_all @ 08/16/17 11:10 PM

Quote:quotes from Anonymous You know, Anonymous isn't really any one person or defined group. It consists of internet hackers who just happen to agree on things. They may only ever communicate by one of them posting something and many others seein
Who's Online
0 registered (), 24 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Albertpkr, kechua, burkha, bikrami, inekifoh
6241 Registered Users
A2