by NW Ponderer
10/17/17 05:10 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Golem
10/17/17 03:19 PM
'Star Trek: Discovery' Drops Franchise's First F-Bomb
by Ken Condon
10/17/17 03:48 AM
The Surprising Way a Confederate Submarine Crew Died at the Hands of Its Own Wea
by logtroll
10/16/17 03:35 PM
Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer writes open letter to Trump, Kaepernick, NFL and Ameri
by Ujest Shurly
10/15/17 06:55 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/15/17 06:24 AM
The Most Heinous Party Foul
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/13/17 07:09 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
57 Forums
16071 Topics
276911 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Round Table for October, 2017 by pdx rick @ Today at 04:13 AM

JPS school honoring Jefferson Davis to be renamed after Barack Obama Clarion-Ledger That's gotta get the old white supremacists shaking their tiny fists in a fury.
News
Jump to new posts Re: Charolottesville by Jeffery J. Haas @ Today at 03:58 AM

From Charlottesville to Gainesville... Wally Hayman Wally Hayman Nazis in the Bell Tower Seems the only job Richard Spencer has ever held other than America’s Scholastic Nazi Lecturer-in-Honorarium was a brief stint as an assistant editor at the
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: The Danger of President Pence by Jeffery J. Haas @ Today at 03:15 AM

Originally Posted By: NW PondererI don't think there is a full enough appreciation of how close we already are to totality. Our democracy is a hair's breadth from being obliterated. In the past, the courts have been a bulwark against corporate and
New Third Party
Jump to new posts Re: The Common Sense Party by Jeffery J. Haas @ Today at 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: jgwThe fix, obviously, is a return to a system of fair play where anytime media gives x amount of free exposure to one candidate they must give the same to all the other candidates as well. We used to have this and, then, thing
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Our entitled ruling class by matthew @ Today at 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: NW PondererAin't ain't a word, neither. Well, "ain't" is almost always shockingly sub-standard in the USA, but in England still is in vogue with the upper classes, particularly the country gentry, where it is strictl
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Trump's war on Americans by matthew @ Today at 12:06 AM

' I think we are far past George Orwell's 1984. Even his Big Brother did not vomit forth as many lies per day as we are seeing now. .
Science and scientific thought
ScienceDaily October 16, 2017 Quote:Whales and dolphins (cetaceans) live in tightly-knit social groups, have complex relationships, talk to each other and even have regional dialects -- much like human societies. A major new study has linked the com
That's Entertainment
Watched the first one - class, not crap!
Finance, the economy & Economics
Jump to new posts Re: The Hoarding of the American Dream by NW Ponderer @ 10/17/17 05:10 PM

I think this is an excellent concept. In the future we need to find a way to have all Americans share in the economic prosperity of the nation. The article points out the problem we face, and it includes the poor state of education in the country.
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017 by Golem @ 10/17/17 03:19 PM

Roy Dotrice, Nimble British Actor Familiar on Both Sides of Atlantic, Dies at 94 Quote:Roy Dotrice, a British stage, film and television actor who began performing as a prisoner of war in Germany and worked in Britain and America for six decades, no
Matters of culture
Ya want to read something that is totally fuggin awesome? Here. From ol Pops hisself: Quote:We’ve all seen the San Antonio Spurs’ future Hall of Fame coach Gregg Popovich in a state of exasperation on the sidelines, or in postgame news conferences.
Science and scientific thought
Calling all geeks... here is a very interesting talk on the use of energy in buildings: Heating and cooling buildings efficiently
Politics In General
Facebook posted and shared
American Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Miscellaneous humor thread by Jeffery J. Haas @ 10/15/17 06:24 AM

That's exactly my take on it, because for the most part the gay guys were fairly well balanced and did not exhibit any detestable personality flaws, they were just gay. There were one or two overly aggressive types but I suspect their issue had less
Parenting & Children
Jump to new posts Re: The Most Heinous Party Foul by Jeffery J. Haas @ 10/13/17 07:09 PM

No no....I normally just, as you already said, DO my JOB as an editor. But I'm afraid you might have missed the main point. I wasn't complaining about having my CAMERA witness these ghastly occurences so much as I was urging people to just not BE tha
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: The Intellectual Roots of the War against Columbus by NW Ponderer @ 10/13/17 04:40 PM

Hey, that idiot is now President, show some respe... What? Really? Wrong idiot? Oops. My mistake.
Who's Online
0 registered (), 34 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2