by TatumAH
Yesterday at 04:09 PM
Why the Sunday roast is the most overrated meal in Britain
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:32 AM
How to fix government
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:27 AM
Maher Clashes with Panel on Islamic Terrorism: ‘Are There Christian Terrorist Ar
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:24 AM
The Root of all Evil
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 07:20 AM
Trump supporter shoots up DC pizza investigating Hillary Clinton child sex ring
by pdx rick
03/26/17 08:22 PM
Trump Forum
by NW Ponderer
03/26/17 04:52 AM
Is Devin Nunes Kompromised?
by TatumAH
03/26/17 04:49 AM
Trump's "Mean Budget" Demonstrates Profound Ignorance of Governing
by matthew
03/25/17 09:56 PM
Next Trump Clusterfork: Tax Reform
by pondering_it_all
03/25/17 03:27 AM
Forum Stats
6219 Members
57 Forums
15819 Topics
273490 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Trump and Russia by TatumAH @ 19 minutes 4 seconds ago

Report: judge-granted FISA warrant defined Donald Trump as a Russian agent of influence Report: judge-granted FISA warrant defined Donald Trump as a Russian agent of influence Now that Congressman Devin Nunes has announced on live television this
The Bush Administration
Jump to new posts Re: A Farewell to Douchebags 2006 by TatumAH @ 30 minutes 19 seconds ago

Flynn, Turkey, and Nunes meet in Trump hotel. Michael Flynn met with Turkey at Donald Trump’s hotel. Guess who else attended? Devin Nunes. I am now confirming Nunes reservation in the "Farewell to Douchebags" Hall of shame. But at least
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: GOP at war with itself on health care by rporter314 @ Yesterday at 11:00 PM

Greger:: yeah I meant raising direct taxes i.e. x% increase in tax bracket 3. While even moderately intelligent folks will realize an increase is an increase no matter where it comes from, a well disguised tax is optically more palatable. The concep
Food, Drink and Cooking
Jump to new posts Re: Sous vide cooking... by TatumAH @ Yesterday at 09:19 PM

Originally Posted By: GregerPIA. Get yourself a sous vide circulator. They're cheap and efficient. I use this one. For a $100 this is impossible to beat! Compact and very convenient, and would no doubt decrease the "feedback" from my br
Sports
Paul Gutierrez ESPN March 27, 2017 Quote:The Oakland Raiders will move to Las Vegas after garnering enough votes from NFL owners on Monday to relocate to Southern Nevada. The Raiders received 31 of 32 votes to approve the move. Twenty-four votes we
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Divorce - American Style by TatumAH @ Yesterday at 04:09 PM

Yes the originals fell victim to the PC police as rascist. I received and passed on that cryptic message relayed from the Kremlin, re Utinpay and the Oligarchs. The more modern versions have nothing objectionable to the PC totalitarians. Tat
Food, Drink and Cooking
Jump to new posts Re: Why the Sunday roast is the most overrated meal in Britain by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 10:32 AM

My wife was rather gobsmacked during her junior year in England. Some fellow said: "I'll come knock you up in the morning."
Constitutional Issues
Jump to new posts Re: How to fix government by pondering_it_all @ Yesterday at 10:27 AM

Or maybe just admit their core beliefs are not compatible with running a government at any level, and resign en masse. They could be like The Amish.
Terrorism
Praying for world peace is a sucker's bet. Try praying for peace in your own heart. That's what the great Jihad is in the Muslim sense. "Muslim" is an Arabic word that means "one who submits to the will of God". I am not a Mus
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: The Root of all Evil by pdx rick @ Yesterday at 07:20 AM

Doug was in rare form back in the day. The article that got me here to Reader Rant was Bush on the Couch - a psychologist gave his opinion of W Bush's mental state.
Politics In General
Originally Posted By: NW PondererI do hope that there are records of the surveillance of these nutjobs. They are a potential threat to rationality, and it appears some of them have already bred and are indoctrinating their offspring in their paranoi
The Trump Administration
Jump to new posts What America Stood For by TatumAH @ 03/26/17 07:04 PM

Many of us oldsters have been here before, feeling very deeply saddened, disappointed, and angry about the course of American domestic policy/politics and foreign policy. I have felt shame and severe embarrassment when traveling abroad during the Bu
Tell It To The Editors
Jump to new posts Re: Trump Forum by NW Ponderer @ 03/26/17 04:52 AM

NEWS FLASH: The substance behind voter fraud claims! Ex-Colo. GOP leader ... charged with voter fraud. - WaPo. Quote:The 2016 election was just a month away when Steve Curtis, a conservative radio host and former Colorado Republican Party chairman
Foreign Policy & News
Jump to new posts Re: Is Devin Nunes Kompromised? by TatumAH @ 03/26/17 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By: NW PondererThere are two kinds of "useful idiots" that are easy to compromise - those who are uncompromising ideologues and those that are incredibly egotistical/narcissistic. With the first, they are so afraid of &qu
Finance, the economy & Economics
Originally Posted By: Greger But really...think about it...What the fu<k has a billionaire got to be angry about? "The rich are fed up with the poor. And if the poor don't shape up, the rich just aren't going to take it anymore." --- Go
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Next Trump Clusterfork: Tax Reform by pondering_it_all @ 03/25/17 03:27 AM

Republican tax reform is no such thing. If they could just point to some things actually defective in the tax code, I would be happy if they fixed them. Instead it is all about giving rich folks lower rates: THAT"S NOT REFORM. That's just gi
American Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Miscellaneous humor thread by TatumAH @ 03/24/17 09:47 PM

Paul Ryan recent quote: The reason I feel so good about this is because the President has become such a good closer! Tat
The RoundTable
Jump to new posts Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 by pdx rick @ 03/24/17 06:26 PM

A rich man, a middle class man and a poor man sit in front of a plate with 20 cookies. The rich man quickly takes 19, pushes the plate to the middle class man and says: You better take your cookie or the poor man will steal it. Sound familiar?
Science and scientific thought
Did I dream it or is it true .... there is a black hole in Washington DC and everything American will be sucked into it and destroyed
History Roundtable
Jump to new posts Re: The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017 by Golem @ 03/24/17 05:09 PM

Akron native Lola Albright, glamorous Hollywood actress, dies at age 92 Mark J. Price Akron Beacon Journal March 24, 2017 Quote:Akron native Lola Albright, the former West High School student and WAKR receptionist who grew up to be a glamorous star
Health, Medicine & the healing Sciences
Jump to new posts 2017’s Fattest Cities in America by Golem @ 03/23/17 08:20 PM

Richie Bernardo WalletHub March 22, 2017 Quote:Americans are the fattest people in the world. By one measure, more than 70 percent of the U.S. population aged 15 and older is overweight or obese. But such a finding should come as no surprise, consid
Education
Originally Posted By: NW PondererYes, there is an element of "correcting the record" involved, but isn't the goal of education to be accurate? There is certainly an element of cultural bias involved in standard texts and other materials.
Politics In General
Jump to new posts Re: Nunes Induces Whiplash in Journalists by rporter314 @ 03/23/17 02:26 PM

I must be getting senile as I thought I responded and obviously did not Trump supporters already know Pres Obama did a "wiretapp" [sic a la Trump tweet] lock him up. Trump supporters already know Dir Comey lied. Lock him up. Trump suppor
News
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_allQuote:And should also help protect the pickles from limpness... if you catch my meaning, if ya get my drift! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat, eh? Nudge nudge. Tat
Matters of culture
Jump to new posts Re: Constitutional Values by pdx rick @ 03/22/17 02:48 AM

I will also add that our entire Constitution came as a result of the Age of Enlightenment, including a range of ideas centered on reason as the primary source of authority and legitimacy, and came to advance ideals like liberty, progress, tolerance
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Who's Online
2 registered (Jeffery J. Haas, TatumAH), 53 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ojixadybi, tjgraylaw, AndyEmisa, lubluodPix, EugeneHag
6219 Registered Users
A2