The Squad

Posted by: Mellowicious

The Squad - 08/15/19 08:18 PM

Ilhan Omar (D, MN)
Ayanna Pressley (D, MA)
Rashida Tlaib (D, MI)
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D, NY)

I gotta ask - what do you think? Are they Reps to be reckoned with, or are they a flash in the pan? Do they have real potential for change, or are they just good at getting under the orange man's skin?

There is a girls' organization called "Girls Inc" whose motto is Strong, Smart, and Bold. I think the Squad ought to get honorary use of that motto. Their names alone will provide a spark for all kinds of young women who want to go into public service. It will be interesting to see whether their actions do the same.
Posted by: chunkstyle

Re: The Squad - 08/15/19 09:00 PM

Smart as hell
Politically savvy

Best involvement in politics I ever had was helping AOC's campaign. Watching them pull back the curtain on the political hypocrisy has already paid back any minute effort I contributed. Very satisfying investment. I recommend it for the next election.

The illegitimate portion of the Democratic party is trying to push them under the water. Similar thing going on in European politics as well.

No clue if they have established a strong beach head. Time will tell.
Posted by: Jeffery J. Haas

Re: The Squad - 08/15/19 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Mellowicious
Ilhan Omar (D, MN)
Ayanna Pressley (D, MA)
Rashida Tlaib (D, MI)
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D, NY)

I gotta ask - what do you think? Are they Reps to be reckoned with, or are they a flash in the pan? Do they have real potential for change, or are they just good at getting under the orange man's skin?

There is a girls' organization called "Girls Inc" whose motto is Strong, Smart, and Bold. I think the Squad ought to get honorary use of that motto. Their names alone will provide a spark for all kinds of young women who want to go into public service. It will be interesting to see whether their actions do the same.

I think that they are all rookies but then again we all have been rookies at one point. But AOC is brilliant.
Unpolished but brilliant. In ten years a majority of the electorate will identify more with The Squad than the Blue Dogs...maybe even five years.
Posted by: Greger

Re: The Squad - 08/15/19 09:47 PM

The Squad is just the beginning. They are the acorn from which a mighty oak will grow.