Roundtable for Summer 2019

Posted by: Gregor

Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/14/19 08:06 PM

F**K June. June Sucks.

First, my Jeep broke down. It's a big Red, lifted(4 1/2 inch Rusty's Offroad), 2003 4x4 Grand Cherokee. Something fell apart in the steering. A bolt came out. Major pain in the ass and over $500 Buckaroos that was NOT in the budget. Don't judge me. I live 3 miles from the nearest paved road, 8 miles to the nearest gas station, 12 miles to the city limits.

Then I lost both my cats. One was still practically a kitten and I loved her dearly. But she was a wild child and chose the swamp life. Didn't come home for days on end, showed up and ate, then left again. I've given her up for dead before, but whether she lives or not she doesn't appear inclined to come home. The Other was my daughter's cat, cranky old thing, took ill and died under my bed. She was a hider so we thought nothing of it when we didn't see her for a few days. But after a few days we didn't need to see her to find her...if you get my drift.

My daughter is marrying her girlfriend. That's good news but it comes with a caveat. She's moving to Maine. I'm disabled and it's going to be a bit of a challenge living alone. I'm gonna miss her too, a lot.

Then, just a couple nights ago, we had just finished dinner and the kid had gone to work(she's 25, a barista at Starbucks), I was standing over the stove munching on a leftover buttermilk fried pork chop when BAM a lightening strike knocked out the power. Tradition around here is when the power goes out we go to town for ice cream so I loaded up the dog and went to the Twisty Treat. Power was back on when I got home but my modem was not blinking its little multitude of green lights.

And my computer was toast. Powerpack and motherboard fried and since it's a custom built gaming machine it had an odd powerpack that had to be shipped from California. A week to get my computer back. And an additional $300.

So I dug this old one out of the closet...It hasn't run since 2013, dug into the Medusa like tangles of wires behind my desk and got the new modem hooked up and configured.

And the old computer plugged into the system...

What a mess...a virus laden mess with a browser hijacker clogging up the works, no wonder I replaced it. And of course it doesn't know any of my passwords any more than I do.

It's windows XP. No longer supported by anybody. I downloaded a 2014 version of Firefox and AVG Free. It's moving along pretty well now.

I'm changing all my passwords to get this computer into Facebook and RR and assorted other places that need passwords.

Then I'm going to get my other machine back and I won't know which passwords I used where and it'll start all over again...

Yesterday my mower broke.

F**K June.

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/14/19 08:25 PM

Oh yeah...creaky old ReaderRant software wouldn't let me in but Phil and I created this alternate the last time I had a computer blip. Jeffery and I were able to get me in here.

I went 48 hours with no news source at all. It wasn't easy.
Posted by: Jeffery J. Haas

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/14/19 11:24 PM

All of 2019 has sucked ass for us too.
A day or two after Christmas Karen fell out of her power chair. She was reaching down to pick up one of the kitties, only she forgot she had taken off her seat belt.
Two broken legs, one such a mild hairline that it healed by itself but the other was major multiple "communicative" fractures and she wound up in a very heavy splint that went from toes to halfway up her thigh for two and a half months.

Then just as we were rounding the home stretch with the healed fracture she got a massive pressure sore right on her buttock, right where the hip bone meets the femur. A major flap surgery followed by five weeks in a floaty bed called a Clinitron, which required her to be 100% immobilized, like in an iron lung.
Then another month hospital bed rest but thankfully in a normal hospital bed.

She is home now but still under strict bed rest orders but she gets to sit in her chair about five hours a day for now.

Yeah, it is not shaping up to be the greatest year for us so far either...and we're still under the spectre of Trump, of course.

Thank God Karen's finally home. Here she is WITH her seat belt on, showing off how limber she can be.

Posted by: pondering_it_all

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/15/19 12:41 AM

Gregor:

Congrats to your daughter, anyway. I keep a list of passwords on my computer, but every now and then I print it out and take it to my safe deposit box. We've had a few computer failures, but the good news is they have little boxes about the size of your hand that are a full PC for cheap. You just plug in a USB keyboard and mouse, and connect them to your monitor.

I just finished moving my mom's furniture and such into a storage locker. We have to sell her house to pay her assisted living bills. Those places are incredibly expensive.

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/15/19 05:44 AM

Interesting (and encouraging) article:

PacifiCorp Proposes Replacing Wyoming Coal Plants With Renewables and Storage

Quote:
For the first time, the Berkshire Hathaway-owned utility has outlined a plan that could save customers money by retiring coal plants early. But it faces a challenge in Wyoming’s new coal protection law.

This is how the greening of America happens: When new technologies make fossil fuel use uneconomical, change away from fossil fuel is inevitable. Big coal and big oil will fight it, but money is money after all. If businesses can make more by going green, that can't be stopped.

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/15/19 10:44 AM

Hmmmmmm:

Steve Bannon: Trump's business empire [is] a criminal enterprise

Quote:
Wolff also writes that Bannon believes an investigation into Trump's finances would cost the president the support of even his most die-hard followers, since it would expose him as a fraud. According to Wolff, Bannon wrote that "This is where it isn’t a witch hunt — even for the hard core, this is where he turns into just a crooked business guy, and one worth $50m instead of $10bn."

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/15/19 03:36 PM

Nah...Republicans have dug in and doubled down on supporting Trump. Have you ever seen them back down when they've dug themselves in this deep?

They know as well as we do that he's a fraud. In his business, in his politics and in his life he is nothing but a fraud. They won't be excited about re-electing him but they have no choice and they will vote for him.

Polls show Biden ahead by about 10 points.

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/16/19 07:02 PM

If Trump's 35% fanatic base sticks with him and his ideas for multiple election cycles, that could be a good thing. It means the Republicans don't get to have the White House for decades. Instead they nominate Trump or a similar asshat, who loses the general election because most people see what a disaster Trump was. It could be a long time before Republicans nominate someone reasonably competent. The more they go along with Trump's criminal behavior, the longer they will be out of power.
Posted by: NW Ponderer

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/18/19 06:24 AM

I hope you are right, PIA. I'm sorry your June sucks so bad, Greger. I'm almost embarrassed to say how mine has gone. I've not had much internet access, and have not paid much attention to news. Harvey, our RV, ticked over 60k, and we should be home tomorrow. One more visit with our senior son (who is going through an amicable divorce, but a divorce nonetheless, so is max stressed and depressed), then home just until the end of the week.

We've traveled 3000 miles over the last 3 weeks, finishing the family "gold rush" trip with two of my sisters. We've now retraced our great- great- great-grandfather's sojourn from Mascoutah, Illinois to Nevada City, California for the California gold fields in 1850. He didn't go home rich, but he did make it home, which cannot be said for all of the family. I've seen and learned so much it's a life-altering experience. History meets family lore meets the modern world. We even found where his claim was! Like him, we didn't bring home much gold, but lots of memories.
Posted by: pdx rick

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/21/19 05:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Gregor
F**K June. June Sucks.

It's Pride Month. smile

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/21/19 05:55 AM

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
...Karen fell out of her power chair. She was reaching down to pick up one of the kitties...

Then just as we were rounding the home stretch with the healed fracture she got a massive pressure sore right on her buttock, right where the hip bone meets the femur. A major flap surgery followed by five weeks in a floaty bed called a Clinitron, which required her to be 100% immobilized, like in an iron lung.
Then another month hospital bed rest but thankfully in a normal hospital bed.

She is home now but still under strict bed rest orders but she gets to sit in her chair about five hours a day for now.

Yeah, it is not shaping up to be the greatest year for us so far either...and we're still under the spectre of Trump, of course.

Thank God Karen's finally home...

OMG!!!!!!! gobsmacked

I hope she's better now. I don't want to finally win you this way... smile

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/21/19 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

Thank God Karen's finally home...
OMG!!!!!!! gobsmacked

I hope she's better now. I don't want to finally win you this way... smile

Karen: "There's no possible way, not unless Jeff loses his mind!"
Posted by: Greger

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/22/19 09:45 PM

Shame you don't have a thing for redheads...I could go either way...

Finally got my computing machinery repaired. But I had another lightning strike take out my phone and internet for two days....June is f*cking cursed I'm tellin' ya.

My dogs best friend, who he meets and boops twice a day when we walk, got eaten by an alligator today as his owner watched. Not just any alligator either...Trapper came out and killed him. Sumbitch measured an even ten feet! Somewhere, right now, a man is skinning it and butchering it.
It was a hot day, little fella jumped in the creek to cool off and BAM! Gator took him under. It didn't really eat him...just drowned him and wedged him underwater to tenderize for a while. My neighbor is worried he's gonna bob up and freak his wife out all over again in a few days...

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/25/19 04:25 AM

Quote:
got eaten by an alligator today as his owner watched

Pretty much the same thing happened to me, except with a speeding car. Probably wrecked my first marriage.

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/26/19 03:01 AM

Yeah, I was thinking it's not much different from that.

It's sad. Roscoe doesn't understand why his friend won't come out to see him...

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/26/19 03:09 AM

Representative Duncan Hunter is in the news again: Not only did he and his wife divert $250,000 in campaign funds to take vacations, buy luxury items, and the usual Republican criminal activities, but now the Justice Department released info that he had five affairs and used some of that money for no-tell-motels, skiing, and wining and dining his bimbos. His wife was facing five years, so she has now pleaded guilty and got a deal for her testimony against him. He blames "the Deep State" instead of "thinking with the Little Head". He's going from Congress right to prison. That diversion of campaign funds can easily turn into money laundering charges when you try to hide it, and of course they did. He's guilty as hell, and knew it while he was doing it.

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/26/19 03:54 AM

The invasion of Iran starts on the 16th of July because Robert Mueller's testimony starts July 17th.
Posted by: Ujest Shurly

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/26/19 08:22 PM

The Coward in chief may just do that. After all, he would think a war would distract the country from what Mueller has to say. It would make president Orange Sh*t a war time president, and we know what republicans think about that...

Edited: changed "that" to "think". I, that I was wrong with that.
Posted by: Ken Condon

Re: Roundtable for June - 06/26/19 10:49 PM

I’m getting a rock solid boner just thinking about it!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/27/19 03:30 AM

Hey Ranters, what do yo think about a female Dem nom with a female VP? It works for me. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/27/19 03:59 AM

I think the prospect of a female taking over as President would freak Trump out so much, he would do something idiotic. But then again, anybody taking over from Trump is likely to generate the same response. Like ordering the CIA to kill them. Not that the CIA would do it. They would probably rather kill Trump for many reasons.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/27/19 03:06 PM

Hey Ranters, what do yo think about a female Dem nom with a female VP? It works for me. smile

I'm perfectly fine with it. Warren is the only woman with a Popsicle's chance in hell of being nominated, do you think she'd choose a woman as a running mate?

I kind of doubt it. I don't think I've ever in my life approved of any vice presidential choice. Where do they dredge these people up from anyway? And more importantly, why?

If Clinton had chosen more wisely, she and Bernie would be ruling like the two kings of Sparta right now...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/28/19 03:07 AM

Originally Posted By: Greger
...If Clinton had chosen more wisely, she and Bernie would be ruling like the two kings of Sparta right now...

I 1,000% agree.

I think a Warren/Harris ticket would be a winning ticket. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/28/19 05:54 AM

I think Warren/Buttigieg more likely. Someone who is smart, pragmatic, young and midwestern.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/28/19 06:35 PM

I like Warren/Harris better. Buttitchitch is a shooting star and will be gone in a flash. This presidential run will set him up for a state senatorship or maybe a US house seat down the road. He's got a bright future but I can't see Warren picking him.

I'm pretty excited to see Warren climbing in the polls. She'd be a whiz bang president I bet.
Posted by: chunkstyle

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/28/19 10:17 PM

Man, I dunno.
Burn a fat one and give the Mirianne Mindset challenge a go and tell me Bernie/Mirianne 2020 wouldn't be an irresistible political force?

Huh? Huh?!
I dare ya....!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/29/19 01:00 AM

uh....who?

Which is the question I always ask whenever vp choices are announced.

But um....Bernie appears to be going nowhere this time around.

I'll burn a fatty anyway though because that's an excellent suggestion.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 06/29/19 03:39 AM

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I think Warren/Buttigieg more likely. Someone who is smart, pragmatic, young and midwestern.

You may be right NW_P. A lot fo people are comparing Mayor Pete to Obama in early 2007.

A policy wonk and the smart kid.

I like it. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/01/19 03:19 AM

Kamala and Lizzy are tied for 3rd place. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/01/19 09:32 AM

Just saw a very interesting video on Youtube. It's about the just discovered South American prehistoric caves full of paintings. Some of the paintings show people hunting Giant Armadillos, that went extinct back in the last Ice Age! Archeologists dug down and found charcoal and animal bones suggesting human occupation over 40,000 years old! They have recovered dozens of intact skulls and discovered via measurements that they were Aboriginal! Apparently, these explorers arrived by boat and colonized South America. When the ice cap melted about 14000 years ago, Siberians could cross the land bridge and colonize from North America southward. When they encountered the Abos, they wiped them out. But they still find some Abo-shaped skulls in recently dead native people down on Tiera Del Fuego.

First Americans were Black Aborigines

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/01/19 03:44 PM

The invasion of Iran starts on the 16th of July because Robert Mueller's testimony starts July 17th.
I had the same thought.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/01/19 03:50 PM

Cool stuff. A lot of accepted theories about our origins are being overturned these days. We've been around a lot longer than they give us credit for.

In one form or another.

I think post-ice age re-civilization has been mistaken for the dawn of civilization.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/01/19 04:00 PM

Quote:
The invasion of Iran

I think that's off the table for now. He had a private meeting with the Puppetmaster at the G20. What's bad for oil is bad for Vlad.
Posted by: Jim D (FreeThinker)

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/03/19 09:01 PM

I am not sure where to ask this so I will ask here:

Is there a way to change my username? is contains an e-mail address that I have not used in almost 15 years . . it gets a little confusing.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/04/19 01:54 AM

LOL Welcome to the creaky old software! I have the same issue and can't change anything in my profile. As far as I know, since Phil died we don't even have an admin to admit new members. Mods are powerless to help.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/04/19 01:14 PM

Phil died ?? !!!

OMFG . . . I had no idea,

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/04/19 03:14 PM

All our admins have passed. Sky, Donna, and Phil are gone.

Just a handful of us left here now so it's good to see an old friend drop by...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/05/19 02:20 PM

I did not know about Sky either !!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/05/19 02:21 PM

The ranks seem to be dwindling . . . not the preferred medium of choice any more I guess.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/05/19 04:01 PM

Yeah, political forums are pretty much a thing of the past...forums in general have given way to Facebook Groups. And a lot of us old keyboard warriors have gone to that big forum in the sky...

We just lost a member because, I think, we were talking too much leftist crap for him, so as you can imagine we were pretty excited to see an old member return.
Posted by: logtroll

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/07/19 07:29 PM

Flight 666 now arriving at Gate 1

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/08/19 11:58 AM

One of the rape lawsuits against Trump and Epstein

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/08/19 06:37 PM

Uh...TLDR...? It's hard to tell how much of that is completely fabricated.

But Epstein appears to be going down so it's not a complete free for all if you're a billionaire. Almost though...that original case in Florida....WOW.

Do I see a presidential pardon in the not too distant future?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/08/19 06:47 PM

Uh...TLDR...? It's hard to tell how much of that is completely fabricated.

But Epstein appears to be going down so it's not a complete free for all if you're a billionaire. Almost though...that original case in Florida....WOW.

Do I see a presidential pardon in the not too distant future?

The fact that anyone even has to ponder if the optics of a president pardoning a child molesting billionaire is bad enough to hurt Trump ought to be a sign that Republicans have already gone over the precipice altogether as far as any lingering shred of morality is concerned.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/09/19 04:39 PM

Rich and powerful men exploiting underage women isn't exactly a new thing. It has always gotten swept under the rug. The numbers of minors molested, abused, and outright raped has always been suppressed by practically everybody. The Catholic priesthood has been a home for pedophiles and molesters for a thousand years. Numbers are even more suppressed among protestants where children are to be seen, and fondled, but not heard.

Michael Jackson had a thing for boys. Everybody knew it. He paid them well and and mostly they stayed quiet....
Jerry Lee Lewis married his 13 year old cousin! It hurt his career...but didn't end it. Love, after all is love...
Ted Nugent....well, let's just not go there...the list goes on and on and on.

So yeah. Trump would pardon him. Because it's just not that big of a deal to him. Just the rich exploiting anyone they want. Just business as usual. Silly in fact....like going to jail for liking big titties!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/09/19 04:49 PM

Trump may be in a bind: Pardon Epstein and look like he's condoning massive child trafficking, or don't pardon him and Epstein gives up Trump for that rape of the 13 year old girl for a plea deal. Karma's a bitch.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/09/19 04:55 PM

Nice article on the Seth Rich story:

The Seth Rich Conspiracy Theory

Russian intelligence ginned up the whole conspiracy theory and fed it into the alt-right conspiracy machine. Fox News ended up running with this BS for about 10 days until the truth started coming out and they retracted. Of course, once it's out there on the internet it has a life of it's own. Lots of lawsuits in progress.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/09/19 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Trump may be in a bind: Pardon Epstein and look like he's condoning massive child trafficking, or don't pardon him and Epstein gives up Trump for that rape of the 13 year old girl for a plea deal. Karma's a bitch.

Some guy held up a photo of Trump standing with Epstein at his rally today. Trump was not pleased, and I am surprised the guy survived the gauntlet he had to run through as Donald EJECTED him from the rally.

"Get him outta here!"

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/10/19 03:18 PM

That's some military grade cajones.

I'd be suprised if it amounts to little more than a plea deal. Epstein does some short real time. Goes no further and has no legs.

It would be nice to see evidence of Karma but I ain't holding my breath.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/10/19 06:27 PM

AIDS would be appropriate, but unlikely if Jeffery only went for virgins.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/11/19 03:52 PM

AIDS would be appropriate, but unlikely if Jeffery only went for virgins.

Epstein can certainly afford the two thousand a month for Truvada to prevent him from getting AIDS.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/11/19 05:36 PM

I just went over to that other forum. Saw a thread about capitalism and took a peak...This is why I don't go there...

Quote:
The wealthy are not Gods and without their workers they would have nothing.

Quote:

The wealthy invented stuff that got us from Stone Age to here. Without them we'd all be dead! They are the next best things to Gods. I'll pray that a want to be wealthy person is working on a cure for the cancer or heart disease that will one day kill you! Liberals will pay for their shameless and pure ignorance.

I just can't wade in that toxic water.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/13/19 04:07 AM

I just went over to that other forum. Saw a thread about capitalism and took a peak...This is why I don't go there...

Quote:
The wealthy are not Gods and without their workers they would have nothing.

Quote:

The wealthy invented stuff that got us from Stone Age to here. Without them we'd all be dead! They are the next best things to Gods. I'll pray that a want to be wealthy person is working on a cure for the cancer or heart disease that will one day kill you! Liberals will pay for their shameless and pure ignorance.

I just can't wade in that toxic water.

You picked the absolute biggest troll in the entire forum. Why be surprised that he's a troll? Some people even wonder if he's an AI bot.
I happen to know differently but only that he's a flesh and blood hoomin bean. He sure does a splendid impersonation of a bot.

"Does the liberal understand?"

ROTFMOL

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/13/19 04:33 AM

Besides that statement is usually not true: The wealthy HIRE the people who invent stuff. Then they make a lot more money than they pay the inventor. This is why almost all patents are assigned.

I know from personal experience. I fixed part of the Ethernet Last Mile spec for high speed DSL, and now I get a $216 per month pension from Rockwell. I also wrote the whole Layer 2 protocol software for the Japanese Handyphone System, and I get nada for that.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/13/19 08:19 PM

I'm not going to worry in the least about naming the guy Greger's talking about. He calls himself James972 and he's a piece of work.
He's also as much a reality of the internet as red light cameras are of the road.
And about as well loved, I might add.

He's a member of something like five different debate forums and he does the same schtick there. And he's almost universally reviled.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/14/19 03:19 PM

Quote:
he's almost universally reviled.

Yet he speaks for at least half the American population.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/14/19 06:35 PM

So uh...wtf is up with a hurricane spawning in the Gulf of Mexico?
Generally speaking they form down in the tropics, hence the name "Tropical Storm". Africa shoots them at us like spitballs.
To have one pop up like a troll in your living room is beyond strange and I think unprecedented.

I'm wondering why folks aren't pointing to this weird ass storm and screaming GLOBAL WARMING.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/14/19 06:56 PM

Quote:
he's almost universally reviled.

Yet he speaks for at least half the American population.

That's the world that we, the other half, sat back and allowed to happen. Do you remember Dalton Trumbo? He, his entire family and almost half the Hollywood film community had to endure almost a DECADE of the same kind of hatred and intolerance.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/14/19 06:58 PM

So uh...wtf is up with a hurricane spawning in the Gulf of Mexico?
Generally speaking they form down in the tropics, hence the name "Tropical Storm". Africa shoots them at us like spitballs.
To have one pop up like a troll in your living room is beyond strange and I think unprecedented.

I'm wondering why folks aren't pointing to this weird ass storm and screaming GLOBAL WARMING.

They are, but they're being shouted down by deniers, deniers with large bankrolls and political connections. The EPA is now fully transformed into a puppet of the Trump administration and NOAA is about to go the same route.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/14/19 09:36 PM

I think hurricanes or cyclones can form anyplace the ocean water is over 83 degrees F. If the Gulf gets that hot, then we have to expect hurricanes. They come up the Gulf of California quite nicely because the water is hot. If they are on the Mexican west coast, they die before getting to San Diego because the Pacific coast of the US is never that warm.

The worst effect we get here is a few days of high humidity when one comes up the slot to Arizona.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/14/19 09:57 PM

Quote:
That's the world that we, the other half, sat back and allowed to happen.

I didn't want this, I din't vote for this, and I will not be held responsible for it.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 01:04 AM

You actually voted. A huge percent of eligible voters did not. That's the collective "we" to blame for this. I like to think that most everybody here is not part of that collective.
Posted by: Kaine

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 11:20 AM

Funny thing is, Trump lost the popular vote by 3 million votes! I wonder if it would have been 10 million, if he would have still won?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 02:07 PM

He's probably going to lose by 10 million votes in 2020 so we'll see...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 02:34 PM

You actually voted. A huge percent of eligible voters did not. That's the collective "we" to blame for this. I like to think that most everybody here is not part of that collective.

But that is almost the half that causes the problem. They don't VOTE! That's a vote for the people who are grinding us into the asphalt right now.

Partisans and partisan hacks love a good fight. Most partisan hacks live a very comfortable and protected life, or they're just born lucky.
That's why they're so willing to play fast and loose and bet the farm or take hostages, or sit out an election to punish anyone who isn't willing to be partisan enough to make them happy.

And they usually wind up punishing the people who can afford it the least, and that's the very same vulnerable, poor, disabled and elderly, and the remaining folks many of whom had played by the rules, worked hard and honestly, and just got dealt a very lousy hand of cards by fate.

And then some people believe deep down in their very heart and soul that ideology can beat perception and presentation, also known as BRANDING.

It never has.
And the folks who have to live with the outcome of that failing gamble wind up under the thumb of a would be dictator, an incompetent, sanity-deprived authoritarian hack with the attitude of a bully.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 02:42 PM

Quote:
You actually voted. A huge percent of eligible voters did not. That's the collective "we" to blame for this.

I don't really buy into that anymore.
The demographics of those who don't vote may be a little more Democratically inclined but the thing we learned from the 2016 election is that it's not so much the number of votes as where the voters are located.

We don't need a get out the vote drive among the homeless in LA. We don't need more Puerto Rican votes in New York, or Blacks in Chicago.
We don't need the elderly bused from their nursing homes. We need more Democratic voters in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, Wyoming et al.
The deep south has blanketed itself in ignorance and bigotry and they cling to their heritage of white supremacy.
We certainly don't need to blame what few "leftists" there are for Democratic losses at the polls.

Democrats promise the world and deliver squat. Republicans promise to make the rich richer and people of color miserable. That's a message that works and they deliver on it time after time after time.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 02:54 PM

I don't really buy into that anymore.

Well I still do, and the more I learn about non-voting adults in the USA, the more convinced I am that not only do we have a turnout problem among would be liberal voters, I am also increasingly convinced that when SCOTUS gutted the Voting Right Act of 1965, it was a deliberate effort to help seal the South's direction for the Republicans forever.
The GOP in the South is now very much like the old PRI was in Mexico.

But in the end, apathetic non-voters are and remain the largest bloc in American electoral politics.

Quote:
But many adults in the US did not vote for Trump simply because they didn’t vote for anyone at all – 136 million ballots were cast in total, meaning that 45% of adults who live in the US did not participate on election day. There are many reasons why they didn’t vote but one takeaway is clear: the obstacles to voting disproportionately affect people of color.

Those people effectively DID vote for Trump, by not voting.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 02:57 PM

We certainly don't need to blame what few "leftists" there are for Democratic losses at the polls.

A few leftists?
I'm saying that it is impossible to fight an army with a drumming circle, that's all.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 02:59 PM

He's probably going to lose by 10 million votes in 2020 so we'll see...

Love hearing that but we're going to need to increase liberal turnout in order for those votes to get cast.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 03:05 PM

Quote:
They don't VOTE! That's a vote for the people who are grinding us into the asphalt right now.

Bout half of them are perfectly fine with that. It's who they would have voted for anyway if they had bothered to vote at all. Most of the other half aren't Democrats but you want them to vote for your party anyway because...why exactly? What have they done lately to earn those votes. They might even be progressively inclined but they don't see Democrats acting all that progressive. They see an old woman ragging on a young woman of color for being progressive. Some Democratic Socialists are insisting on change while being ignored by Democrats. But you want their supporters to vote for your guy anyway.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 03:11 PM

Quote:
we're going to need to increase liberal turnout in order for those votes to get cast.

When liberals start acting liberal that might just happen. When Democrats choose the most conservative candidate possible out of a huge field of liberal candidates then you gonna get what you gonna get and it aint gonna be a buncha lefties crawling out of their caves to crush the Republicans.

What you gonna get is a huge collective yawn from non voting Americans everywhere. BIDEN 2020....*snore*

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 03:40 PM

Quote:
we're going to need to increase liberal turnout in order for those votes to get cast.

When liberals start acting liberal that might just happen. When Democrats choose the most conservative candidate possible out of a huge field of liberal candidates then you gonna get what you gonna get and it aint gonna be a buncha lefties crawling out of their caves to crush the Republicans.

What you gonna get is a huge collective yawn from non voting Americans everywhere. BIDEN 2020....*snore*

Apparently when you mention Biden you get a snore, but when you mention voting in 2020 and giving him the nod if he winds up the nominee, you get almost unanimous applause.

So it would be incumbent upon anyone who doesn't want more of the same mediocre tapioca to work as hard as they can to make sure we DON'T get tapioca.

Or Chok.
Chok is soft white rice in lukewarm water.
Joe Biden might be like Stu in The Hangover II:

Warren is showing some good signs.

Bernie's running his brand but there is a branding problem.
The ideology and values are great but he's apparently unable to use the Smuckers trick to get support from the generation who lived through or were products of the Red Scare.

Don't try to compare the Red Scare with tales of the Yellow Menace.
The Red Scare was a political operation designed to install authoritarian fascism. The Yellow Menace was just plain old racism.

No one's treating Bernie like he's some kind of scary Chinese person, they're going all HUAC on his ass. The worst they could do with Warren was that stupid Pocahontas thing and they shot their wad prematurely with that, so it's spoiled goods made from weak sauce.
And Warren agrees with Bernie on almost 95% of her platform.

Lindsey Graham just spent the morning at Fox and Friends labeling Democrats as anti-American Communists. He made it SOUND like he was just labeling the four young rookies, AOC Pressley Tlaib and Omar but his base heard and tasted the red meat, and the red meat says:

All Democrats are COMMUNISTS who hate America, and Israel.

Giant walking amygdalas.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 05:03 PM

So what's on the menu? Choc or Coddle.

"Waiter! Your thumb is in my coddle!

"It's okay sir, it's not hot..."

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 05:23 PM

About 60% of the voters came out in 2016. 50% in 2018. Historically good numbers. 2018 was the highest midterm turnout since 1914.

Pretty much the same number of Americans have always voted. So...

Choosing this bloc of people to blame for the Democratic Party's woes just really doesn't fly. Why don't we blame the Democrats.

For serving up another bowl of coddle.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/15/19 05:27 PM

You didn't vote for my coddle in the big coddle cookoff! It's your fault I lost!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/16/19 01:16 PM

This is a spot-on assessment that I have not seen so clearly stated before. The same idea has been fermenting somewhere in my brain for some time without much clarity.

Two Americas
Quote:
President Trump's critics may not like to admit it, but there's an element of truth in the racist tweets he sent this weekend.

Trump told four nonwhite Democratic congresswomen that they should "go back" to the "crime infested places" where they came from, even though three of the four were born in the US and the fourth is a naturalized citizen.

Critics pounced. But in some ways those four lawmakers -- Democratic Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez , Ilhan Omar, Rashida Tlaib and Ayanna Pressley -- really do belong to another country.

In one America, people react with shock when a President issues vile racist tweets against women lawmakers. In the other America, people say nothing.

In one America, people speak out in protest after a President claims that African, Haitian, and Salvadoran immigrants come from "sh**hole" countries. In the other America, people nod in agreement.

In one America, people become outraged when administration officials snatch migrant children from their mothers' arms and detain them for weeks in filthy conditions with no repercussions. In the other America, people remain silent.

And in one America, people condemn a President for describing protestors alongside neo-Nazis as "very fine people." In the other America, people shrug.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/16/19 03:26 PM

Wow Logtroll,

I haven't liked anything from CNN in awhile but that was good.

Not to ignore the current crises, but hasn't the racial divisions been employed by the dominant culture since the 1600's? Can't help but wonder if the racial tinder lying around has been collecting from economic reasons as it has been in the past. Put another way, the economic situation helps drive the splits and division being exploited for political purposes.

Just throwing it out there. I agree with the sentiment of the article. How's it go? 'If your not outraged your not paying attention'.

My understanding of some of the resentments of the know nothings was their economic insecurity. Hasn't that been a policy goal for American workers, in order to enhance shareholder value, for some time now? Wasn't it Alan Greenspan who warned, in the late 90', that suppressing wages thru job insecurity can be taken only so far to increase profits?

By most measures that wage suppression has remained and intensified. I wish the author explained the economic parallels between the time of the 'Know Nothings' and today.

Odd how Lymon Beecher agitated enough to have helped burn down a Catholic school in Boston back then but raised a daughter who's book, 'Uncle Tom's Cabin' helped begin the civil war. Odder still that the same women would not support the suffragettes.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/16/19 05:06 PM

Two Americas

Can I state for the record that I live in one of them. Not the good one either. Democrats pretty much keep their heads down and their mouths shut around here.

I'm a communist, I hate America, and I should leave. Democrats are worse than black people because black people generally know their place. I can pass though, because I'm a local and they think I'm one of them. Some family members of mine are known Democrats though so if anybody figures out who I really am they'll be suspicious. The neighbors know, we get along okay but you can tell they're just waiting for me to slip up...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/16/19 06:47 PM

Two Americas

Can I state for the record that I live in one of them. Not the good one either. Democrats pretty much keep their heads down and their mouths shut around here.

I'm a communist, I hate America, and I should leave. Democrats are worse than black people because black people generally know their place. I can pass though, because I'm a local and they think I'm one of them. Some family members of mine are known Democrats though so if anybody figures out who I really am they'll be suspicious. The neighbors know, we get along okay but you can tell they're just waiting for me to slip up...

You just described what ALL Democrats, liberals, left-libertarians, social democrats and democratic socialists will be face to face with EVERYWHERE if 2020 is a repeat of 2016 (Trump POTUS + GOP House and Senate)

Only much worse by several orders of magnitude.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/16/19 08:29 PM

I'm heading into 2020 with a song in my heart and a smile on my face.

I don't think Trump can be re-elected and 2020 will be even worse than 2018 for Republicans.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/16/19 11:47 PM

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/24/19 03:52 AM

I think we need to start a conspiracy theory that The Deep State collects names from the voter registers so they know exactly who and where your are. They are going to come for you if you vote. Jury duty is just the tip of the iceberg. They have plans, man, serious plans...

Burn your credit cards, and only use cash for everything. They are in the banking system as well so forget about checks. But don't take $100 bills because the new ones have tracking RF-ID chips in them. If you don't trust the US Governments promise to honor paper money, coins would be best. But don't take any of those phony sandwich coins with cheap metal in the middle. Nickels would be great because they actually have some melt value. Pennies are mostly zinc now, so they are out.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/24/19 11:12 PM

This pounds the last nail in the coffin for global warming deniers:
Climate change: Current warming 'unparalleled' in 2,000 years

Quote:
The research suggests that the current warming rate is higher than any observed previously.

The scientists say it shows many of the arguments used by climate sceptics are no longer valid.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/25/19 03:42 PM

Fake news PIA. Anybody who hasn't already accepted and embraced climate change is beyond the reach of facts and common sense.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/26/19 04:51 AM

Fake news PIA. Anybody who hasn't already accepted and embraced climate change is beyond the reach of facts and common sense.

Conservatives are not known for their intellectual honesty or reasoning ability.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/26/19 07:17 AM

Neal Stephenson has a book out called Fall, that has the fake news phenomena as a prominent feature. It gets to the point that so much stuff on the internet is fake that only the conspiracy nuts believe any of it. It kind of comes to a head when Provo, Utah is nuked. Except it wasn't. It was all an internet prank that cost the scammers less then $1,000,000 to pull off. After the President flies in to Provo and does a live broadcast, most of the country realizes it was a fake. But even years later the "truthers" still believe Provo was actually nuked and the government covered it up. Sound like some folks we know?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/26/19 10:01 PM

I urge everyone reading this to go claim your $125 check from Equifax.

Make Equifax Pay

Quote:
Consider it a part of your civic duty: driving up the costs of data breaches for corporations so they have an incentive to invest more heavily in security. The payouts to individuals are part of the $575 to $700 million settlement that Equifax reached with the Federal Trade Commission, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, and 48 states.

It's easy. It takes about three minutes. You have to give them your mailing address, phone number, and birth year, but I assure you they already know that information. They are just trying to make sure it's really you because scammers are sure to start making fake claims.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/27/19 06:46 PM

Thanks PIA. I applied, checked the $125.00 box. Only completed the information page, skipped the time-spent justification page.

I sent the link to my friends too.

smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/27/19 07:41 PM

You can actually get up to $20,000 if you have documentation of time and money spent as a result of their data breach. Good news for people who have, because this can be a real hassle. I just froze my credit union reports some years ago. It's a hassle when you need to get some credit, but at this point in my life, that is few and far between. My only problem is Social Security. They want to check your credit to verify your identity and open an on-line account, so I have to go down to their office and wait in line for a few hours.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/28/19 01:10 PM

The Baltimore Sun eviscerates Fatass Trump with the titled editoral: ‘Better to Have a Few Rats Than to be One’

Quote:
“Finally, while we would not sink to name-calling in the Trumpian manner — or ruefully point out that he failed to spell the congressman’s name correctly (it’s Cummings, not Cumming) — we would tell the most dishonest man to ever occupy the Oval Office, the mocker of war heroes, the gleeful grabber of women’s private parts, the serial bankrupter of businesses, the useful idiot of Vladimir Putin and the guy who insisted there are “good people” among murderous neo-Nazis that he’s still not fooling most Americans into believing he’s even slightly competent in his current post. Or that he possesses a scintilla of integrity.

smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/28/19 05:21 PM

And the funniest thing of all about Trump calling Baltimore a rodent-infested pesthole, is that the same population density of rats live in his beloved New York City. And to make it even better, his son-in-law is a Baltimore slum-lord, owning several large rat-infested and under-maintained housing projects. The record of neglect for those places is huge.

So this is like so many other Trump gripes: It's not a problem he created, but it is a problem his son-in-law and daughter helped create.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/28/19 10:06 PM

Trump himself is a slumlord and the son of a slumlord.

His son in law is a slumlord and the son of a slumlord.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/29/19 03:10 AM

...and Mar-a-Lago has had 78 health code violations the past three years: rats, roaches and parasites.

There's talk of a G-7 there in 2020. World Leaders would be wise to pass on the place. Hmm

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/29/19 08:20 PM

Quote:
rats, roaches and parasites.
The rats and roaches are easy enough to get rid of. The parasite keeps coming back...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/30/19 01:57 AM

Be really careful about mosquitoes, down there in Florida:

Deadly Mosquito-Borne Virus Detected In Florida

EEEE is very nasty stuff. My old girlfriend in Louisiana got it some years back, and almost died. She literally had to learn how to talk, walk, and feed herself once the virus was gone.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/30/19 03:37 AM

I saw that headline but figured it was a south Florida thing.
In FLorida if you're outside and it's dark you've already been bitten by a mosquito. They might or might not drive you back into the house. Unless they're pretty thick I just pay no attention to them.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/30/19 05:30 PM

You can be bitten 24 hours a day in FL, the Anopheles is all over t he place.

More Information than you would care to know.

West Nile, Zika, Malaria, Yellow Fever.

Insect repellent is your closest friend...

Used to live there and two children live near Miami.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/31/19 01:32 AM

Quote:
You can be bitten 24 hours a day in FL

Oh hell yeah! But you might not get bitten during the day. At night they've got yer number...

I was born here. It's all I really know.
I'd leave but have you ever had a Publix sub?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/31/19 03:49 AM

I invited a guy here from a moderate Righty blog. He’d like to try out some of his mentations at a real discussion forum.

It might be interesting... name’s Ohio Gene, unless he signs in otherwise. He’s used to places that ban based on ideological aberrations (echo chambers) but I promised him that RR doesn’t work that way.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/31/19 01:52 PM

And you want Ranters to be on their best behavior? How? popcorn2

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/31/19 02:20 PM

Surely, you jest. Our worst behavior is better than the best where he comes from. If there be any forewarning it is just that I expect him to be oddly and overly defensive (though I have my doubts that his 'recon' of RR, as he puts it, will allow him to set foot here in the first place).

cool

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/31/19 09:23 PM

I don't hate republicans. They're dead wrong on every single issue but I don't hate them for it, their error is usually one of too much caution. I can respect that but History will prove me right, once again, if we continue on our present economic/political course i.e. unchecked capitalism and the resulting income inequality.

Do republicans even believe that a problem exists? What are the Republican plans to address the issue?

Or any issue? Any plans for the future? Trump seems to be laying waste to every department that actually gets anything done...

Come join us Loggy's moderately conservative pal and we'll type til we're blue in the face over it. We are few but we are powerful debators...or used to be...we might be a little over the hill now.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/31/19 10:00 PM

Here comes lurking Ken:

I’ll weigh in on this for what it might be worth. Not the paper it’s not printed on" is the deafening response. Lever the Ness:

By all means come aboard "Loggy’s pal". This site used to be interesting as it expressed many points of view but as all sides everywhere have now retreated to their various echo chamber corners (was that by Russian design or other nefarious entities?) its lost some of its former luster--to state mildly. I like to hear all points of view from everywhere as long as they contain a modicum of rationality.

Is that happening anywhere now.... Ken asks?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/31/19 10:12 PM

Ken please know we appreciate you very much, and we appreciate all points of view regardless of political affiliation.

I am trying to lure back as many now-silent names as I can get hold of.
We need to revitalize RR and I'm going to try my best.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 07/31/19 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: logtroll
I invited a guy here from a moderate Righty blog. He’d like to try out some of his mentations at a real discussion forum.

It might be interesting... name’s Ohio Gene, unless he signs in otherwise. He’s used to places that ban based on ideological aberrations (echo chambers) but I promised him that RR doesn’t work that way.

He's certainly more than welcome to become part of the family.
If you can persuade him to register I promise I will add him.
See if you can get an email addy from him as it would help considerably.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 01:39 AM

Quote:
I don't hate republicans. They're dead wrong on every single issue but I don't hate them for it, their error is usually one of too much caution.

I don't hate them at all. I do hate the people who are manipulating them into voting against their own best interests. All of my many Republican friends are R voters because of stuff the leaders and financiers of the Party promote that actually hurts my friends. I fell sorry for them, much like you would feel for somebody so caught up in a long con that they can't admit to themselves the "Nigerian Prince" is just a crook and their bank account has been drained.

There are just a huge number of people who are against higher tax rates because they don't want to pay a lot of taxes when they win the lotto! The obvious connection between rich people paying less and them paying more is "fake news". (Which we know is real news they don't want to hear.)

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 01:43 AM

Alas, Oggie 'reconned' RR and determined that we are too stupid here to be worth his time. Which, in translation to the Upside Down, means that he took a peek and was scared shitless. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up.

Here is Oggies actually post 'splainin' hisself...

Quote:
lol... waste of my time. From reading all I noticed is that very few of them know the material they quote. Just like Kelvin they repeat the common misconceptions "Nordic country's are socialist" or "But Denmark"... or they quote the very failed theory itself or they quote folks who never actually tried to apply the theory in the real world but do have degrees in the theory itself. When applied the theory fails therefore it is not a valid theory. Fact: EVERY time socialist theory is applied as a form of governance it fails. Not just sometimes, but every time. Venezuela is only the latest example.
Fact: None of the Nordic nations use socialism as a form of governance and neither does Denmark. To be sure they have some sub-governance systems which, on the surface, use socialistic theory however those systems are actually bolstered by free market external forces and capitalist systems, under governance systems without which the socialistic systems would, indeed, collapse... The historical end result of allowing socialist theory into full governance is generally the complete takeover of the system by an elite caste or a singular party of elites followed by massive poverty in the general public, imprisonment of dissenting voices, chaos and protest that brings about high violence crackdowns by those same elites and the eventual collapse of the society stupid enough to adopt the system.
If the folks there are so smart perhaps they should come here and debate me...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 03:56 AM

Alas, Oggie 'reconned' RR and determined that we are too stupid here to be worth his time. Which, in translation to the Upside Down, means that he took a peek and was scared shitless. I'm sorry for getting your hopes up.

Here is Oggies actually post 'splainin' hisself...

Quote:
lol... waste of my time. From reading all I noticed is that very few of them know the material they quote. Just like Kelvin they repeat the common misconceptions "Nordic country's are socialist" or "But Denmark"... or they quote the very failed theory itself or they quote folks who never actually tried to apply the theory in the real world but do have degrees in the theory itself. When applied the theory fails therefore it is not a valid theory. Fact: EVERY time socialist theory is applied as a form of governance it fails. Not just sometimes, but every time. Venezuela is only the latest example.
Fact: None of the Nordic nations use socialism as a form of governance and neither does Denmark. To be sure they have some sub-governance systems which, on the surface, use socialistic theory however those systems are actually bolstered by free market external forces and capitalist systems, under governance systems without which the socialistic systems would, indeed, collapse... The historical end result of allowing socialist theory into full governance is generally the complete takeover of the system by an elite caste or a singular party of elites followed by massive poverty in the general public, imprisonment of dissenting voices, chaos and protest that brings about high violence crackdowns by those same elites and the eventual collapse of the society stupid enough to adopt the system.
If the folks there are so smart perhaps they should come here and debate me...

Come here?? Where is "here"?
He must mean that we should go yell at the sky or something.

No one is advocating that the USA "turn socialist", as in "adopt a pure socialist economic system" because for one thing, it would be impossible.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 09:18 AM

The real debate is much more about fine tuning. We already have a bunch of socialist stuff in this country. The current debate is "do a few more make sense" versus "screw the middle class". We have huge income inequality in this country, to the point that it's harming the economy. Harming it for everybody, even the rich. Maybe we should fix that. We have drug companies that charge insurance companies and Medicare $70,000 a year for a drug that costs them less than $100 per year to make. Is that excessive? But nobody wants to confiscate the means of production and hang the 1% from lamp posts.

I'm probably one of the few that wants to see the homeless helped more than the working class! That's not social democracy as we know it. It's more caring "for the least of these my brothers" to quote Jesus. Is feeding the hungry un-American? It's certainly Christian, which I guess puts to a lie the conservative claim that this was always a Christian Nation.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 02:59 PM

Quote:
I'm probably one of the few that wants to see the homeless helped more than the working class!

Get the working class back on their feet and homelessness will take care of itself.

Loggy, your friend is a coward. He has nothing to bring to the table and he knows it. Republicans have zero interest in sustainable policy, zero interest in human suffering, and zero interest in the environment.

Socialism? Nah, not interested in the "owning the means of production" crap. If he read anything at all here he could see that. I wonder if he took social studies in school? Was it a class about socialism? No.

Is Social Security a program devised to secure the ownership of the means of production for the government? No. Do Social Directors seek to achieve government ownership of the means of production? uh-uh. So why does everyone insist that a social democracy is anything like the failed soviet model. Why the f*ck would government want to take over running businesses. Government is run BY BUSINESS, not the other way around. That is, more or less, what it's all about.

The Nordic nations, as well as a lot more around the world, are embracing the social democratic model. All it involves really is forcing "trickle down" to occur. Nobody ever said they were soviet style "Socialists".

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 08:38 PM

Quote:
I'm probably one of the few that wants to see the homeless helped more than the working class!

Get the working class back on their feet and homelessness will take care of itself.

Loggy, your friend is a coward. He has nothing to bring to the table and he knows it. Republicans have zero interest in sustainable policy, zero interest in human suffering, and zero interest in the environment.

Socialism? Nah, not interested in the "owning the means of production" crap. If he read anything at all here he could see that. I wonder if he took social studies in school? Was it a class about socialism? No.

Is Social Security a program devised to secure the ownership of the means of production for the government? No. Do Social Directors seek to achieve government ownership of the means of production? uh-uh. So why does everyone insist that a social democracy is anything like the failed soviet model. Why the f*ck would government want to take over running businesses. Government is run BY BUSINESS, not the other way around. That is, more or less, what it's all about.

The Nordic nations, as well as a lot more around the world, are embracing the social democratic model. All it involves really is forcing "trickle down" to occur. Nobody ever said they were soviet style "Socialists".

Well in loggy's defense, I don't know how much of a friend the guy really is because nobody has more than an anonymous nickname. No one knows his real name or even his email address.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 08:41 PM

Side note:
Do you guys remember Redheat? Well, she remembers us and she misses us too and I am attempting to help her with the log-in.
So if we're lucky we can enjoy her company again at the Rant.
I am back to trying to lure old friends back to the family again.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 09:04 PM

Well in loggy's defense, I don't know how much of a friend the guy really is ...

He's not a friend, he is a narcissistic pseudo intellectual who needs dose of reality. But he's too, too skairt to come here and git hisself all bloodied up.

It's a Disqus channel and I guess they are getting set to exterminate all of them Sept 1 - good riddance, I have wasted far too much time there for not much purpose but some low brow entertainment. I did invite another person from there to join us who is an intelligent, level-headed Austinite. He'll be attempting to sign up soon - he goes by Kelvin.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 10:04 PM

Well in loggy's defense, I don't know how much of a friend the guy really is ...

He's not a friend, he is a narcissistic pseudo intellectual who needs dose of reality. But he's too, too skairt to come here and git hisself all bloodied up.

It's a Disqus channel and I guess they are getting set to exterminate all of them Sept 1 - good riddance, I have wasted far too much time there for not much purpose but some low brow entertainment. I did invite another person from there to join us who is an intelligent, level-headed Austinite. He'll be attempting to sign up soon - he goes by Kelvin.

Exterminate? How so? Is Disqus going away?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 10:15 PM

Looks like it...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 10:16 PM

The Campaign 2020 forum has BEEN CREATED.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/01/19 11:40 PM

Quote:
Is Disqus going away?

No. But they're getting rid of Disqus Channels, whatever those are...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 03:15 AM

I know Ohio Gene, this ought to be good. rolleyes , coffee

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 03:19 AM

Norway’s success is inconvenient for critics of progressive, big-government economic and social policies; Conservatives prefer that the public associate socialism with basket cases such as North Korea and Venezuela. Ohio Gene is no different.

smile

OG is the type of Conservative that actually believes that NAZI Germany really were socialists because the word "socialism" is in National Socialist German Workers Party. crazy

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 03:26 AM

Quote:
Oggie 'reconned' RR and determined that we are too stupid here to be worth his time.

Sounds just like OG. The delusion is strong in that one.

Hmm

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 03:29 AM

Some friends of mine posted these next few pics on another site:

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 03:29 AM

A Mar-a-Largo rat.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 03:31 AM

#MoscowMtich

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 03:49 AM

Side note:
Do you guys remember Redheat? Well, she remembers us and she misses us too and I am attempting to help her with the log-in.

Of course redheat is remembered!!! smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 03:51 AM

Anyone know where Golem is? Hmm

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 04:27 AM

Anyone know where Golem is? Hmm

Uh oh...he's a neighbor, maybe eight miles to South of me.
Hope he's okay.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 04:14 PM

It'd be fun to have Issodhoss back. I'd like to hear the Classic Liberal take on Trump.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/02/19 06:50 PM

It'd be fun to have Issodhoss back. I'd like to hear the Classic Liberal take on Trump.

Done, except I don't know if his email address still works.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/03/19 03:23 AM

My wish list of returning Ranters: smile

(not in any particular order)

2wins
Schlacky
Slipped Mickey
itstarted aka cousin It
Joe Buff
numan aka numie
Ted Remington
Isshodhos aka Issy
Joe Keegan
Eziekel aka Zeke
Ardy
Spag-hetti
loganrbt
Sandune
TatumAH aka Tat
Agnostic aka AG

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/03/19 03:56 AM

I sent out an email to all of them but already got a bounce from Sandune.
I think Sandy may have "left the building."

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/03/19 05:46 AM

#MoscowMtich

I am stealing this.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/03/19 01:17 PM

This Buck Sexton guy is exactly the type of lying, spinning, creep Conservatives have become.

Link

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/03/19 01:21 PM

#MoscowMtich

I am stealing this.

Thank this guy Bow

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/03/19 02:06 PM

All our admins have passed. Sky, Donna, and Phil are gone.

Hmmm....never really connected death with RR Administration before. gobsmacked

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/03/19 06:55 PM

That's why I made Jeffery do it instead of me........

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/03/19 07:06 PM

That's why I made Jeffery do it instead of me........

The proverbial sacrificial lamb. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 12:47 AM

Its a tough job...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 02:20 AM

Now now ladies, don't inflate yourselves too much ouch
The only way this is ever going to be tough is if we get a lot of new and returning older members again, and make this board rock like it used to, with a full orchestra, that is...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 03:59 PM

Poached from Hal Brown's site... this is one of the best political cartoons I have ever seen.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 06:58 PM

If this was Facebook I'd click the Wow response. That's beautiful.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 08:00 PM

My wife just made an interesting comparison with Trump: Charlie Manson never actually killed anyone, either. He just told his fanatic followers to do it.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 09:40 PM

My wife just made an interesting comparison with Trump: Charlie Manson never actually killed anyone, either. He just told his fanatic followers to do it.

Wait till campaign season starts heating up.
The 2018 mid-terms? Trump was peddling PURE RACIAL FEAR.

I guarantee you he will up the ante even more for 2020.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 10:04 PM

This is rather stunning:

23% of young Black women now indentifying as bisexual

Really? WTF?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 10:50 PM

My thinking is that the Republican Party has reached a point of diminishing returns with the racism schtick. It's gonna start costing them votes and it's definitely got the opposition in a frenzy.

Bloodbath.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 10:57 PM

Quote:
Really? WTF?

Women are getting sick of men's bullsh*t.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/04/19 11:26 PM

I think maybe it's because so many gays are out. Lesbians actually have some level of admiration among young people. So when a slightly versatile woman looks around and does not see any men worthy of her favors, her gay and out friend doesn't look so bad.

In the past, gays were much more secretive, so they would not have appeared as possible sex partners for lonely young women. There really is hardly any stigma for being lesbian these days. But even back in the 60's a lot of people thought lesbians were hot.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/05/19 03:52 AM

Lesbian sittin' right next to me sez it's cause they're sick of men's bullsh*t.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/05/19 03:58 AM

Interesting observation. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/05/19 04:11 AM

My thinking is that the Republican Party has reached a point of diminishing returns with the racism schtick. It's gonna start costing them votes and it's definitely got the opposition in a frenzy.

Bloodbath.

Suburban white females gave the Dems their win in 2018. I expect that to continue in 2020.

Then there is this: Suicide of rural white mailes have increased since Trump came into Office.

And, lastly, Trump is failing the Rust Belt and they will not be forgiving. Hmm

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/05/19 09:48 PM

He's devastating the farm belt economically.
He has totally alienated every single minority.
He didn't make Mexico pay for a wall.
The great healthcare plans he promised evaporated.
The "Best People" turned out to be the very worst and he didn't Lock Her Up.
The list of things he has done that will COST him votes is almost endless.

Seriously...it's over for this clown in 2020. I'm not sure why anyone thinks he has any chance at all of winning. He was a fluke in the first place and living proof that the electoral college has twice failed seriously.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/05/19 10:40 PM

We certainly hope you are correct Greger. Yet when one studies the faces behind Trump in one of his endless MAGA rallies, one sees some pretty deeply duped and cultish carbon units. Let’s hope that there just aren’t enough of them who will stick with him in 2020.

It will be curious to see his and his fans reactions at his next cult-fest. Whenever the hell that might be.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/06/19 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken Condon
Let’s hope that there just aren’t enough of them who will stick with him in 2020.

There are not enough of fans. Fatass' approval ratings have never, ever been above 50%.

smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/06/19 05:24 PM

Trump won in 2016 with 46.4% of the votes. Clinton lost with 48%.

Blue voters were not all that excited about the race because the polls said it was in the bag. Some may have stayed home because their favorite candidate lost in the primaries, some stayed home because they read so much negative press about Clinton.

Red voters were looking for racist revenge.

The dynamics of the upcoming race are completely reversed.

Red voters haven't got a primary race to get voters interested in the race. They can deny it all they want, but he's an embarrassment and a bumbling fool. There is NO positive press coverage of Trump because he never does anything positive. Some will sit home because they are ashamed of him. Some might actually worry about another potential 4 years of this...
He certainly hasn't won any new votes since he was elected so let's be very generous and predict that he will get 46.4% of the vote in 2020.

It won't be enough.

Because Blue voters want revenge on the racists.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/07/19 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken Condon
We certainly hope you are correct Greger. Yet when one studies the faces behind Trump in one of his endless MAGA rallies, one sees some pretty deeply duped and cultish carbon units. Let’s hope that there just aren’t enough of them who will stick with him in 2020.

It will be curious to see his and his fans reactions at his next cult-fest. Whenever the hell that might be.

Ummmm, those are PAID carbon units.

Trump paid actors $50 to cheer for him.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/07/19 12:46 AM

Well now you suckas are all gonna be sorry because Senator Hatrack is back in the house.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/07/19 01:18 AM

A rock ribbed Republican as I recall...we may have to dust off a few forum guidelines...but some can remain on the shelf so long as we all remain civil.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/07/19 02:56 AM

A rock ribbed Republican as I recall...we may have to dust off a few forum guidelines...but some can remain on the shelf so long as we all remain civil.

I like the loosey-goosey rules we've been operating under the past few years.

Fatass Trump for example. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/07/19 03:03 PM

Having spent some time perusing other offerings, I kinda like the level of moderation we exercise here. We Moderators may have to be a little more on our game, but some new old blood would be nice! (I don't, however, want to become the next 8Chan.)

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/07/19 04:02 PM

Having spent some time perusing other offerings, I kinda like the level of moderation we exercise here. We Moderators may have to be a little more on our game, but some new old blood would be nice! (I don't, however, want to become the next 8Chan.)

I like our brotherhood too but as John Belushi says, it's time to put the band back together again.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/07/19 09:19 PM

Oh by the way, this is really funny.
I'm sure most of you might remember that I used to live in Minneapolis back in the 1970's when I was going to school and playing in a little blues band that started to become pretty popular.
Well, as it turns out, I think Senator Hatrack and I crossed paths IN REAL life back then because he and his brother were friends with most everyone in our little band and he attended a lot of our old jam sessions and area gigs at the various bars and clubs in town.

When I went to his Facebook page there it was, two mutual friends who were both band members. Life is grand.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/09/19 12:11 AM

Senator Hatrack is a good name... ThumbsUp

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/09/19 12:12 AM

In some far flung venues I go by Jess Fuchinwitcha.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/09/19 04:14 AM

Trump won in 2016 with 46.4% of the votes. Clinton lost with 48%.

Very true. 77K votes over three states for an electoral college win.

I am confident that Fatass can't pull that off again. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/09/19 04:16 AM

I'm sure most of you might remember that I used to live in Minneapolis back in the 1970's when I was going to school and playing in a little blues band that started to become pretty popular.
Well, as it turns out, I think Senator Hatrack and I crossed paths IN REAL life back then because he and his brother were friends with most everyone in our little band and he attended a lot of our old jam sessions and area gigs at the various bars and clubs in town.

When I went to his Facebook page there it was, two mutual friends who were both band members. Life is grand.

Things that make you go...hmm. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/09/19 11:39 PM

Things that make you go...hmm. smile

Things being what they were for me back then, I didn't remember his last name but I totally remember "B-----" (Senator Hatrack) and his brother.
Hey, we had a guy who was very talented at making dimmer equipment for our lighting rig and running the lights at our shows.
For four years I only knew him as "Johnny Lights".

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/10/19 07:46 PM

Epstein is dead supposedly by suicide. He was actually in custody, but even after one suicide attempt they ended his suicide watch. How convenient for a lot of very powerful people.

Boy, conspiracy theorists are going to be riding this one for years!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/10/19 08:05 PM

The Clinton's strike again!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/10/19 08:11 PM

There will be an eighteen minute gap in the security camera footage.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/10/19 08:36 PM

I'm voting for MI6. Wouldn't do for Jeffery to be throwing a Prince of the Realm under the bus.

"Who killed Epstein?" might end up being the longest legacy of the Trump debacle. This fits perfectly with the whole Trump meme. Most heterosexual men are attracted to hot 14 year old teens, but most men have the sense to avoid that sort of trouble. But when you are rich and powerful, and own the pageant or modeling agency, why not indulge yourself. Why not walk into the dressing room to ogle some naked goodies. Who's going to stop you? To quote Trump: "They let you."

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/10/19 09:00 PM

I'm voting for MI6. Wouldn't do for Jeffery to be throwing a Prince of the Realm under the bus.

"Who killed Epstein?" might end up being the longest legacy of the Trump debacle. This fits perfectly with the whole Trump meme. Most heterosexual men are attracted to hot 14 year old teens, but most men have the sense to avoid that sort of trouble. But when you are rich and powerful, and own the pageant or modeling agency, why not indulge yourself. Why not walk into the dressing room to ogle some naked goodies. Who's going to stop you? To quote Trump: "They let you."

MI6, GRU, CIA, UCLA, NATO, GOP --- it's like alphabet soup!
Posted by: itstarted

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/12/19 01:53 PM

Jeffery...
Thanks for the reminder... am getting old, and have been drifting around the internet... memory problems smile

Miss the politics, and no one in our CCRC will even talk about government... all watch Fox during waking hours.

Hope to come back and relieve some of the pent up frustration. It's grinding my teeth down.

Regards to all... ThumbsUp

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/12/19 02:52 PM

Originally Posted By: itstarted
Jeffery...
Thanks for the reminder... am getting old, and have been drifting around the internet... memory problems smile

Miss the politics, and no one in our CCRC will even talk about government... all watch Fox during waking hours.

Hope to come back and relieve some of the pent up frustration. It's grinding my teeth down.

Regards to all... ThumbsUp

We love you Cousin It and you make this place happen.
It's been a little slow but I intend to fix that.
As Belushi said in "The Blues Brothers",

"I'm putting the band back together!"

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/12/19 05:56 PM

Welcome home, Its!
All our dental work is suffering from the tooth gnashing and jaw grinding this administration openly encourages. I look forward to hearing your take on the current economic situation. I'm thinking Trump will trash the economy before the next election and cement the bloodbath I'm predicting in 2020.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/12/19 07:04 PM

Yay, Cousin It is back. smile

I saw BC slid in a post over the weekend too. Bow

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/13/19 01:06 AM

I sure am getting a lot of calls with nobody on the line. It happens nearly every day. I suspect it's robo-calling from boiler rooms, but no scammer is available to take the call.

I think we should discourage this by making it expensive. By law, change all commercial phone rates so there is no bulk rate. Every call cost them a dime. I think businesses would be a lot more careful so they only called when someone is ready to talk. You could still have unlimited calls on cell phones and private land lines.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/13/19 04:11 PM

I sure am getting a lot of calls with nobody on the line. It happens nearly every day. I suspect it's robo-calling from boiler rooms, but no scammer is available to take the call.

I think we should discourage this by making it expensive. By law, change all commercial phone rates so there is no bulk rate. Every call cost them a dime. I think businesses would be a lot more careful so they only called when someone is ready to talk. You could still have unlimited calls on cell phones and private land lines.

Not sure how that can be implemented on business VoIP services.
I mean, I am sure that it probably can be but good luck getting VoIP services to implement it without a huge fight.

What needs to go away is the whole "spoofed number" bit.
If a business calls you it should not be able to spoof a number, or block the number. The displayed phone number MUST be a real number with the ability to call it back and that number must be owned by the outfit doing the calling.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/14/19 04:33 AM

Interesting TED talk about turning desert sand into productive farmland:

TED Talk

Researchers from Norway figured out how to make nano-particle clay they could dissolve in water and just dump on sand. It penetrates deeply, so then you can add fertilizer and seed. Their process takes 7 hours from sand to a planted wheat field! The fungal mat you need for most plant growth thrives in this stuff.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/14/19 10:49 PM

TED Talk

Researchers from Norway figured out how to make nano-particle clay they could dissolve in water and just dump on sand. It penetrates deeply, so then you can add fertilizer and seed. Their process takes 7 hours from sand to a planted wheat field! The fungal mat you need for most plant growth thrives in this stuff.

Will it work on areas which aren't exclusively sand but which have been "desertified" by climate change?
PS: Instead of using biodiesel for desal, why not use photovoltaic?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/15/19 02:59 AM

Please welcome "HumblePi", a great poster from another popular political forum elsewhere on thuh innernets.

Welcome to the madness, HumblePi. We are glad you're here.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/15/19 04:09 AM

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/15/19 04:28 AM

TED Talk

I am stoked. Add this to Loggy's biochar process, and we have a sustainability system. (Just add sun.)

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/16/19 12:08 PM

Yesterday, Israel denied two American Congresswomen entry into their country showed how weak politically they are, after Donald "Sexual Predator" Trump Tweeted that Israel do so when Trump falsely stated these two Congressmen hate "Jews and Israel."

When you pay attention to propaganda, and not the truth, this is what happens. Israel lowered themselves to Donald Trump's level.

Israel made themselves look like fools in the eyes of the world for following Trump's suggestion.

Hmm
Posted by: Mellowicious

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/16/19 01:04 PM

Rick, thanks for your post. I woke up thinking about this/listening to an NPR item.

As I've read/understood this, the president suggested/urged a foreign government to ban members of our Congress, Reps Omar and Talib. Tlalib's ban has been lifted on humanitarian reasons.

Has this happened before? Is it as unusual as it feels? Does this impinge on the representation of the Congresswoman's constituents?

(I can google this if someone will help me figure out the search string...)

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/16/19 01:09 PM

TED Talk

I am stoked. Add this to Loggy's biochar process, and we have a sustainability system. (Just add sun.)

There’s still the problem to be solved of how to cause the economic machine of Capitalism to get behind these particular kinds of solutions. Can we rely on the profit motive? Wall Street? Investment banks?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/16/19 06:56 PM

Yesterday, Israel denied two American Congresswomen entry into their country showed how weak politically they are, after... Trump Tweeted that Israel do so ....
Israel made themselves look like fools in the eyes of the world for following Trump's suggestion.
Bibi TrumpNetanyahu is as embarrassing for Israel as Trump is for the United States, and both risk their country's future to score cheap political points. I have searched, mellow, and can't find any precedence for Trump's action.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/16/19 11:41 PM

Crisis Management - Trump style...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/17/19 05:18 AM

Big showdown in Portland, Oregon on Saturday 08/17/19 between the Proud Boys and Rose City Antifa. The Proud Boys will have their open carry AR-15s. Antifia will have their milkshakes.

smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/17/19 12:24 PM

I have searched, mellow, and can't find any precedence for Trump's action.

This is correct, this has never happened before in American history. Hmm

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/17/19 08:46 PM

Okay folks, many of you know I've been actively trying to recruit old and new members to the Rant.
I need your help on this.
If you're a member of some other forums, try luring your favorite liberals and conservatives over here. Stress the fact that we're more civil, but also more FUN.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/17/19 11:24 PM

Quote:
Proud Boys and Rose City Antifa

I wonder if the Russian Trolls sponsored both events.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/18/19 06:23 AM

Potty-mouthed Chicago guy with a heart of gold rescues a sickly coyote pup and takes to rehab center.

Twitter

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/19/19 02:06 PM

A Qute of the Day

The door of a bigoted mind opens outwards so that the only result of the pressure of facts upon it is to close it more snugly. -Ogden Nash, poet (19 Aug 1902-1971)

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/19/19 07:06 PM

I get the general gist of this bug it’s not the clearest writing he ever did.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 12:38 AM

Thoughts?

What is your inner voice saying?

Quote:
What were you thinking about a second ago? Or, to cut to the chase, how were you thinking about it? It’s a deceptively tricky question to answer.
Maybe you were internally speaking the words you were reading, seeing a related image in your mind’s eye, or having an emotional response. It’s also possible you had a combination of these thoughts, and others, going on in your head at once… or that you were thinking of something else, in some other way, entirely.
Whatever was happening, it’s likely that your true inner experience – what you were thinking about just before you started trying to figure out what you were thinking about – is now lost to the mists of time.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 03:06 AM

Log troll - my mind is like the sleazy girl in high school - easy to f*** with, but probably not worth the effort!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 12:17 PM

smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 01:09 PM

It is a fascinating subject. That we go bebopping through life with hardly any awareness about what is going on inside our own heads.

Am I "thinking" in words right now? Images? Emotions? Sensations?

I woke up this morning with a song playing in there - a pretty common thing for me. It's not the dominant "thought" but it is playing a continuous background loop. Been up for an hour and it's still going. Hall and Oates, "Private Eyes" (had to google it, my version of the lyrics was "cryin' eyes", and the song was never one that I sought out to listen to).

Whatever form our thoughts take, we are forced to convert them to words to discuss the content. I've long thought that words, and their compilation into tools like logic, are generally clumsy and largely inadequate for the task of communication. I expect that declaration to raise a few objections, especially as we of the Rant are partial to our words and probably above average in wielding them (just had an image of a swordfight)(Had a flash memory of floating the Salmon River)(Private eyes is still playing...)(Need to shave).

I was once a student of a "consciousness development" psycho/philosophy that averred people have seven minds, each with its own form of "thinking". The first four simpler minds and their focus are: instinctive mind - sustenance; moving mind - directed physical actions; emotional mind - feelings; intellectual mind - thoughts. They each have form of expression - bodily comfort, movement, passion, words. There is a difficulty here in that writing is necessarily dominated by the intellectual mind, so the other three are poorly represented because of interpretation.

The remaining three higher minds tend to be less well developed and are the aim of the consciousness development. Aspirational mind desires to evolve beyond the four basic minds; higher emotional mind expresses in artistic forms (combinations of the first four); higher intellectual mind expresses in symbols (complex networks of understood meanings).

The theory goes that we live most of our lives submerged in the first four minds, with little awareness of how mechanical everything for us is. The "voices" in our heads are the four minds jabbering away with no consciousness. The simple act of noticing the chatter (not judging or analyzing it) is the awakening of the "watcher", or higher consciousness. This is the Zen nothingness - the stopping of the internal haboob that obscures seeing.

"Then what?", you might ask...

I dunno.

"Private eyes" is starting to fade. Time to start perseverating over what I need to do today.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 06:39 PM

File this one under Dumb and Dumber Goes to Prison:

Trump Inflating Scottish Golf Resorts’ Value

Quote:
His 2018 “public financial disclosure” filed with the U.S. Office of Government Ethics also claims those two resorts earned him “income” of $23.8 million. His filings with the U.K. Companies House office in Edinburgh for that period showed the resorts had actually lost 4.6 million pounds equal to $6.3 million.

His U.S. disclosure statement also fails to mention $199.5 million in loans Trump has made to those resorts: $54.9 million from him personally to Trump International, Scotland in Aberdeenshire; $144.6 million from his trust to Trump Turnberry in Ayrshire.

Knowingly providing false or incomplete information on that form is a violation of the Ethics in Government Act punishable by up to a year in jail. Signing the form attesting to the untrue information constitutes making a false statement, punishable by up to five years in prison.

He's been doing this for a very long time, decades in fact. I think this is just the tip of the iceberg:

Quote:
In the 2005 book TrumpNation, business journalist Timothy L. O’Brien wrote that Trump was most likely worth no more than $250 million, not the many billions of dollars he was claiming at the time. Trump sued him for defamation, but lost and in the process lied dozens of times about his business dealings in a deposition taken by O’Brien’s lawyers.

His "great wealth" is all a con job. His Republican supporters who claimed "he must be competent because he is such a great businessman" are classic suckers, but it's very difficult to get suckers to admit to themselves they have been conned.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 06:49 PM

I was once a student of a "consciousness development" psycho/philosophy that averred people have seven minds, each with its own form of "thinking".
So when I say I'm "Of two minds" about something, am I selling myself short, or underperforming?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 06:52 PM

File this one under Dumb and Dumber Goes to Prison:

Trump Inflating Scottish Golf Resorts’ Value

Trump is such a narcissist, he probably thinks he can play both roles...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 06:57 PM

This hilarious:

Paul Ryan Moving

Quote:
Still, you’d expect the former leader of the Real American Heartland Party to make it through at least one calendar year of grinding it out in actual Real America before admitting that he prefers the urbane intellectual atmosphere and decadent material pleasures of, uh, suburban Maryland.

Quote:
now that his job doesn’t have to involve the pretense of serving the people of southern Wisconsin—the pretense that it involves anything other than lubricating transactions between wealthy executives and the people who write and administer laws—Ryan can also drop the pretense that he doesn’t live in the place where those transactions take place.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 06:59 PM

I didn't mean to sell your post short, my friend. I was just amusing myself.

A) it is a fascinating subject, and "how our minds work" is a true conundrum. B) the concept of seven "minds" is an interesting way of expressing it, and has some logic to it. It's elegant. C) I love the word perseverating.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/20/19 07:29 PM

This hilarious:

Paul Ryan Moving
"the other part of the reason he’s moving, according to his spokesperson, is that his wife has relatives in the area.".... yeah, her husband and kids...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/21/19 04:02 AM

Trump goysplains to American Jews that they vote all wrong. crazy

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/21/19 04:53 AM

Trump goysplains to American Jews that they vote all wrong. crazy

That is not going to age well.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/21/19 05:30 AM

I would be deeply offended, if I was Jewish. Hell, I'm deeply offended and I'm NOT Jewish. This is a perpetuation of the antisemitic myth that American Jews primary loyalty is to some other country because of their religion. That's like saying Catholics are loyal to the Pope, so they can never be trusted in public office.

Actually, it really is the case for Republicans: They think it's all right to lie, when it benefits their Party. Therefore, they are unfit for public office. Trump is projecting once again: Anything he accuses enemies of, is probably something he has done or is doing right now.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/21/19 01:22 PM

There are 34 Jewish Democratic members of Congress, 9 in the Senate and 25 in the House.
As far as Trump and Trumpers are concerned, those thirty-four Jewish Democrats don't have any business even being allowed to serve. If Trump thought he could pull it off and get away with it, don't you think he would try to have them arrested for some kind of manufactured crime against the state?

I think he would try to invent a new crime: "Great Disloyalty".

Take a look around and take note of the number of people who think that Democrats should not even be allowed to hold elected office. There might be more of them than you think. They think the way Trump thinks.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/21/19 04:02 PM

Quote:
They think the way Trump thinks.

Mostly not at all.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/22/19 01:01 AM

Turnabout is fair play: They think Democrats should not be allowed to serve. I think they should not be allowed to breath. They don't deserve American citizenship, if their ideas are so screwed up. They can go use up some other country's air.

This is an example of intolerance we should not tolerate.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/23/19 12:15 AM

I didn't mean to sell your post short, my friend. I was just amusing myself.

A) it is a fascinating subject, and "how our minds work" is a true conundrum. B) the concept of seven "minds" is an interesting way of expressing it, and has some logic to it. It's elegant. C) I love the word perseverating.

You should know I like a bit of good wordplay... where's ol' Teddy boy, anyway? Say whatever you will about Señor Remington, he was a masterful punster.

A couple more thoughts...

The four basic "minds" function without attention, aka mechanically, or without true consciousness. Performing a task, or just being aware, while engaging two or more minds at once, is an intentional act requiring attention, which also increases consciousness. The "higher minds" are not in play without attention.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/24/19 11:13 PM

Please welcome our newest member, Lurch Addams!
You rang?

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/25/19 12:03 AM

Howdy Lurch.

I know, I have at least one Addams Family joke, but for the life of me, I can not find it. It must be on a top shelf somewhere, can you look for me?

blush

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/25/19 02:16 AM

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/25/19 12:17 PM

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/25/19 03:46 PM

Costco must be enamored with the orange mental patient's "American business pull out of China" decree. Costco is opening their first Chinese warehouse on TU 08/27/19 in Shanghai.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/25/19 04:42 PM

I wish they'd open one near me.

Businesses don't care what that moron says, they're out to make money.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/25/19 08:36 PM

Please welcome ANOTHER new member to the madness!

Calamity is a good friend from another popular political forum but I bet, like Lurch, will start to recognize a few DP members here.

Welcome calamity, glad you're here!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/25/19 09:40 PM

Welcome new friends. You will find that the environs here are a bit more friendly and erudite. Heh. Except me, of course. It's like Disney World - the reason it is the happiest place on earth? We enforce it! wink

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 01:55 AM

I wish they'd open one near me.

Businesses don't care what that moron says, they're out to make money.

The average household income has to exceed $100K in a 50-mile radius of the warehouse. (2 people @ $50K each)

Hmm

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 02:12 AM

Quote:
The average household income has to exceed $100K in a 50-mile radius of the warehouse.

You kidding? We have subdivisions like that and there's no Costco in the middle.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 04:06 AM

Quote:
The average household income has to exceed $100K in a 50-mile radius of the warehouse.

You kidding? We have subdivisions like that and there's no Costco in the middle.

Write the Corp Office and let them know.

Warehouse Operations
Costco Wholesale Corporation
999 Lake Drive
Issaquah, WA 98027

Many warehouses have been built because people have written to the Corp office.

Even Mississippi is getting its first warehouse later this Fall 2019. Hmm The rednecks in Mississippi fought Costco for YEARS in opening a Mississippi warehouse. Why? Starting wage at Costco is $15.00/hr. smile The residents also object to Costco being Membership to shop and purchase fuel. Apparently too high-brow for them. coffee

States still with no warehouse: Wyoming, Maine, West Virginia

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 05:53 PM

Truth is...they've done the studies and found us lacking.

Several stores over in Orlando but the drive is too far. They seem to go for the busy north/south corridors here.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 07:08 PM

Truth is...they've done the studies and found us lacking.

Several stores over in Orlando but the drive is too far. They seem to go for the busy north/south corridors here.

Close freeway access is also a consideration.
Posted by: SimonSC

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 07:10 PM

We must have done something right up here in the Greater Toronto Area, we have 4 Costco's in our usual shopping/driving distance, and two Ikea's. They are all more than enthusiastically patronised.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: SimonSC
We must have done something right up here in the Greater Toronto Area, we have 4 Costco's in our usual shopping/driving distance, and two Ikea's. They are all more than enthusiastically patronised.

Well, it IS "Canadia", so I imagine Costco is more than happy to build there. Who wouldn't want to open a store in Canadia?

PS: Welcome back to the Rant, you've been missed!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 08:59 PM

Publix put a supermarket at all four corners of my town. Publix is a seriously awesome supermarket and hard to compete with in Florida. We've got the sheer numbers of people in this area but not the big commerce centers. That's where all the sheer numbers of people work and Costco isn't far from there so they go there after work....I don't work and it's a half hour to town and then another half hour over to Costco.

But I sure wish there was one near me. For the meat market mostly.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 08:59 PM

Why thank you, it has been a while.

Thought I'd poke my nose in and see what's really up with our southern cousins; get informed by the plentiful supply of diverse commentary on this board. cool

Still can't find the password for my *really* old account (IIRC SimonC)...

BTW I find the secret to being missed is to run in a zig-zag... eek

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 09:10 PM

But I sure wish there was one near me. For the meat market mostly.

Kirkland Signature Choice-grade Beef is one of the top purchased Kirkland Branded items. The No 1 item is Kirkland Signature bath tissue (toilet paper), followed by the Kirkland Signature bottled water.

The rotisserie chicken is up there as a big seller too.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 09:11 PM

We must have done something right up here in the Greater Toronto Area, we have 4 Costco's in our usual shopping/driving distance...

You guys also have the poutine fries and we don't. Hmm

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 09:16 PM

Thought I'd poke my nose in and see what's really up with our southern cousins...

Mostly bitching about our national embarrassment the really dumb-as-fck orange clown. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 09:25 PM

Thought I'd poke my nose in and see what's really up with our southern cousins...

Mostly bitching about our national embarrassment the really dumb-as-fck orange clown. smile

As long as you're not looking at Jordan Peterson any more I'd say it's still a win for Canada. blush Given there's no chance of USCAM getting through congress any time soon we figure we'll just keep quiet and keep letting in the refugees from your side.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/26/19 10:10 PM

My grandmother was Canadian can I come Home? Israel will let you in if your grandma was Jewish...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/27/19 03:29 AM

We like the Basil Pesto, the Chamba Chai, and the Lamb and Rice dry dog food. Praline Pecans are a really big hit, too, at the moment. One nice thing about Costco is they will let siblings share a standard membership. My wife and her brother share one and two different households get full access for a single membership. Of course that means I can never go to Costco for her. (Which I prefer!)

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/27/19 04:06 AM

We like the Basil Pesto, the Chamba Chai, and the Lamb and Rice dry dog food. Praline Pecans are a really big hit, too, at the moment.

The Kirkland Signature Pesto is really good. I usually get some when its on coupon. I use to get the Kirkland Signature Mature Adult Dog Food dry kibble for Sam when he was alive and mix it with rotisserie chicken.

While various national manufacturers make the Kirkland Branded items, ie Kimberly-Clark makes the KS Diapers, and Niagra makes the KS bottled water, the specs / recipe is always to what Costco Corporates wants and are different from the national brand. And, Costco is not afraid to change national manufacturers if the margins are not there.

It's the KS line's selling and marketing point that the KS product will be better quality and a better value than the national brand.

smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/27/19 05:57 AM

Fatass' terrible, horrible, G-7 weekend:

- Japan DID NOT sign a deal
- China DID NOT call him
- Trump CHOSE to miss the climate meeting (probably needed a hair and make-up refresh crazy )
- Melanie does not know Kim - she never met him. Ivanka met Kim - Trump's daughter-wife
- Melanie does not understand French
- Putin did NOT outsmart Obama
- Doral is NOT the best location for the G-7, in fact, it has a bed bug problem

smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/27/19 11:44 AM

My grandmother was Canadian can I come Home? Israel will let you in if your grandma was Jewish...

I think it has to be a parent. However, we've let over 40,000 refugees in from over the U.S. border since 2017, not quite as many as from Syria, so there's always that route. eek

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/27/19 03:36 PM

I think it has to be a parent. However, we've let over 40,000 refugees in from over the U.S. border since 2017, not quite as many as from Syria, so there's always that route. eek

Oh believe me I've seen the video clips of people riding up to the secret spots where intake workers are already stationed.
But most if not all of those people have been coming through the USA from other countries. I seriously doubt Canada will take any Americans or else I might be thinking of getting on one of those buses if the GOP pulls another 2016 trifecta.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/27/19 03:40 PM

I actually had my eye on Costa Rico. They'll accept anyone who has a check of $1200.00 or more automatically deposited monthly in a Costa Rican bank. Social Security checks are acceptable. Real estate is poorly built but cheap. It never gets hot or cold so homes just have to keep the rain off and let the fresh air in.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/27/19 03:53 PM

Last I checked, Canada had pretty restrictive immigration requirements.
Some o' yall might qualify but I don't. Deal is...if you can't afford to keep yourself warm during the winter just stay home. You can just live in the woods a lot of places but gen'ly speaking Canada aint one of 'em.

Reminds me of an old racist joke...Two men of color were applying to enter Florida.
They asked the first one what he did for a living. "Pilot" he said. "we can always use more pilots." they said, and let him in.
They asked the other fella the same question "Woodcutter" he said. They denied him entry because there were plenty of woodcutters already. The indignant applicant then exclaimed "Well, how's he gonna pile it if I don't cut it?"

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/27/19 08:20 PM

You can just live in the woods a lot of places but gen'ly speaking Canada aint one of 'em.

It can be done, but it's hard work to live there and the weather tends to kill you younger than the weather in Costa Rica might.

Lots of folks starved trying to farm north eastern Ontario in the last century. What's interesting is that the Clay Belt, north of the shield, is now adequately productive due to the climate crisis. Quebec has been pushing hard to get farmers up there, Ontario not so much. You can see it on the overhead images between Cochrane Ontario and Rouyn-Noranda in Quebec.

I suggested to our Member of Parliament that the central American farmers displaced by global heating, the ones heading up in that caravan your President got so exercised about, should be invited to settle Ontario's clay belt in the name of ensuring global agricultural production. They'd need a little support, to be sure, but it seemed like a good long-term investment.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 12:01 AM

Quote:
I suggested to our Member of Parliament that the central American farmers displaced by global heating, the ones heading up in that caravan your President got so exercised about, should be invited to settle Ontario's clay belt in the name of ensuring global agricultural production. They'd need a little support, to be sure, but it seemed like a good long-term investment

That's a great idea and forward thinking. Canada may be set to become the breadbasket of the world.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 12:12 AM

Brilliant Businessman Donald J Trump ( LOL ) , announced via Twitter today that his Doral property has ravenous bed bugs.

No wonder Donald "Chapter 11" Trump has had to file for six business bankruptcies. Trump is truly a stellar thinker. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 12:30 AM

America's foreign policy - where we are at today:

America to CUBA: "We're not talking to you because you're communist!"

America to CHINA: "Hey, girl! How's that communism going?"

America to IRAN: "We're not talking to you because you MIGHT do something!"

America to SAUDI ARABIA: "Hey, girl! 9/11? Khashoggi? So what? Bygones!"

smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 02:11 AM

I heard a good metaphor today relating to Trump, but it could apply to most any Regressive.

Dealing with Trump is like playing chess with a rooster. The first thing the rooster does is jump on the board and scratch most of the pieces onto the ground. Then it shiits all over what is left, and crows that it won the game!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 02:40 AM

Costco China

The warehouse had to close half-way through its grand opening day because it was overwhelmed with shoppers and the local highway infrastructure couldn't handle the traffic.

crazy

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 03:22 AM

I was at Popeye's today when they ran out of chicken sandwiches. The line was right out the door for their latest craze. The really stupid thing is that it's just a boneless chicken breast tender on a white bread bun. They've had tenders for years and they still had them today. (In fact, that's what I had.) I just don't understand why anyone would get excited about a hamburger bun. And even more, why anyone would even want a breaded chicken tender on a bun. Seems pretty redundant to me.

I also had a biscuit, and they are worth queuing up for. The red beans and rice was great too.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 11:55 AM

NYC cops pout about not being able to recklessly kill with abandon.

crazy

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 12:49 PM

why anyone would even want a breaded chicken tender on a bun.

Reminds me of the Student Sandwich, Jamaican patty on a bun. The article is 5 years old but, apparently, it has become a "thing" in Toronto in the mean time.

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 03:03 PM

Lined up out the door...it's not the sandwich, it's the marketing.

The marketing got people excited.

Same with that Jamaican patty sandwich. A Jamaican patty is pretty gross, I like mine deep fried. But put that rascal between two nice soft buns with some condiments and lettuce and tomato and by golly you've got yourself a meal!

Maybe a poutine sandwich will catch on down here one day...

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 06:16 PM

Maybe a poutine sandwich will catch on down here one day...

Doubtful. Corp likes things a certain way and are pretty rigid to change. smile

Don't look for KS Hemp products anytime soon. coffee

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/28/19 11:15 PM

I'm going to get in trouble for this one, but... does anyone remember the "Ghetto jam sandwich"? Two pieces of bread JAMMED together!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/29/19 12:11 AM

Meanwhile, all this summer weather has a West by-God Virginia senator feeling all hot and bothered, and in the mood to pimp some hoes.

And a school principal in Kentucky is feeling all randy about some kiddie porn!

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/29/19 12:24 AM

Meanwhile, all this summer weather has a Wet by-God Virginia senator feeling all hot and bothered, and in the mood to pimp some hoes.

And a school principal in Kentucky is feeling all randy about some kiddie porn!

Republican moral values only get applied to other non-Republican people - don'cha know? coffee

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/29/19 02:38 AM

Looks like Stacy Abrams really did win. Hmm

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 08/29/19 07:49 PM

Randy Rainbow's latest video, Cheeto Christ, Stupid-Czar. Yup, it's about you-know-who. smile

Quote:
Cheeto Christ...
Cheeto Christ...
He's like if Jesus were pumpkin-spiced.
Cheeto Christ, Stupid-Czar
Cheeto Christ, Stupid-Czar...
Mad tangerine-colored Commissar.
Cheeto Christ...
Cheeto Christ...
Sells out his country, when he's enticed
Cheeto Christ, Stupid-Czar
Cheeto Christ, Stupid-Czar...
Who in the Hell do you think you are?

laugh

Re: Roundtable for June - 08/31/19 10:06 PM

Active shooters in Texas, right now SA 09/31/19.

Thank you Trump and NRA. cry

Re: Roundtable for June - 09/01/19 03:27 AM

Re: Roundtable for June - 09/01/19 04:32 AM

Stealing this for my FB feed!

Re: Roundtable for June - 09/01/19 03:08 PM

Why buy the cow when you can get the teacher for free? smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 09/01/19 07:04 PM

Speaking of nutjob Conservatives, Ammon Bundy who is not allowed to own a fire arm because of his bird sanctuary occupation in 2016 vows to own an AR-15.

Great. Just what society needs - another weirdo Conservative white guy with an automatic long-gun. coffee

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 09/01/19 08:20 PM

I vote we double Senator Hatrack's salary, he's handling an awful lot of correspondence all by himself. ThumbsUp

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 09/01/19 08:29 PM

Might even say the good Senator is doing triple duty. Triple his salary. smile

Re: Roundtable for Summer 2019 - 09/01/19 08:44 PM

OMG!! Trump just told Alabamians to brace for Dorian. National Weather Service has to put that dumpster fire out now. Hmm

Can't that Trump guy do anything right? coffee