Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy

Posted by: Golem

Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy - 08/01/18 12:59 AM

Here's the article.

And here's the painting:

In case you're wondering, I'm not thrilled with Trump being compared to Washington.
Posted by: NW Ponderer

Re: Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy - 08/01/18 04:46 AM

ROTFMOL
OMG!

Seriously, this fellow didn't realize the absurdity? Oh, wait, he's a Trump acolyte. Of course he didn't. Okay, what I see is that this really depicts the swamp creatures in their element. I think he thought it was "noble", but the reality is, these are the very swampiest of creatures in the swampiest of administrations - the most corrupt in history, challenging the worst in the world's pantheon of corruption. They really look as clueless as they are. Accidental honesty.
Posted by: Ujest Shurly

Re: Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy - 08/01/18 12:56 PM

ROTFMOL

Some, just do not understand the Swamp. Nonetheless, the swamp is dead, must be climate change.
Posted by: logtroll

Re: Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy - 08/01/18 01:20 PM

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
... Okay, what I see is that this really depicts the swamp creatures in their element.

My first thought, as well - that the artist was lampooning the Trump Administration.
Posted by: rporter314

Re: Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy - 08/01/18 01:48 PM

not to worry. Mr Trump compared himself to Pres Lincoln.

Mr Trump IS the textbook example of narcissistic personality disorder ... what else should one expect?
Posted by: Greger

Re: Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy - 08/02/18 10:25 PM

Posted by: pdx rick

Re: Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy - 08/04/18 03:27 AM

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
ROTFMOL
OMG!

Seriously, this fellow didn't realize the absurdity? Oh, wait, he's a Trump acolyte.

Trump supporters are Cultists. Trump is their Jim Jones. Hmm
Posted by: Greger

Re: Painting of Trump team 'Crossing the Swamp' touches off social media frenzy - 08/04/18 04:47 AM

Quote:
Trump supporters are Cultists. Trump is their Jim Jones.

Weird aint it?