The Trump Way

Posted by: jgw

The Trump Way - 04/25/20 05:47 PM

Covid-19 is a really good example of Jackass Trump at his very best! Whilst watching him deal with the inject bleach thing it dawned on me. He demonstrated his ability to stand on all sides of any given thought/action/danger/issue/thing. People neglect to mention that. When he suggested that injecting bleach could kill the virus, and then said he really wasn't, that was just another example of his ability to stand on all sides of any given issue. You just wait, in a couple of months he will refer to whatever side wins as HIS side too! It just doesn't matter. If you take Covid-19, as a whole, he has now an established record of being wherever on Covid-19. Against? No problem. For? No problem. Not Worth the Trouble? No problem. He has, over the last couple of months not only stood on every possible side but actually has invented a couple too!

If you just consider this behavior as Trumpistic, not not because of this or that, his actions kinda make some kind of sense. He plays, as we all know, to his base of virtual idiots. This is what he does. This is, basically, ALL he does! He is like any other entertainer working the crowd. The system is flawless! First you make an initial statement and then check the result. If there is a problem move on, stick to the subject (kinda), but change the perception. Keep on doing it until the current majority is happy. Different group, do it again, change what is necessary, make the current majority happy.

This is the plan. Add in the old one that goes something like; "ALL attention is good, even bad attention is good!". Oh, I googled "all attention is good". The results are, if nothing else, interesting.

Jackass Trump deals from all sides of any given event. Don't make no difference, lies don't count, do whatever is necessary to keep 'em happy! If they are not then they are enemies! Malign 'em, Hate 'm, Lie about 'em, etc., etc., etc. He is not one to lead, he is one to entertain as much as he can.

The man has no middle ground, no empathy, little sense, less understanding and a LOT of bullsh*t!
Posted by: Jeffery J. Haas

Re: The Trump Way - 04/25/20 06:27 PM

Because he sees "sucking in everything that a country's government should excel at" as a tool for control, he realizes that if he can cause the SLIGHTEST manipulation in an upward direction, even if only for a day, he can then amplify and magnify each and every instance of that into a continuing hagiography and a series of Goebbels style parades and rallies.
It doesn't even matter if it later turns out to be another lie, just keep em coming and keep increasing the size of the lies.

If this was a hot dog eating contest and a human centipede experiment wired together...ahhhh but then I repeat myself.

Posted by: pondering_it_all

Re: The Trump Way - 04/25/20 06:45 PM

The current example of this is his harping on states opening up immediately, casualties be damned. Then the governor of Georgia makes some moves in that direction (much to the horror of epidemiologists) and Trump says he shouldn't do it. He JUST said we should all open up, and he even has his alt-right troll army marching around with AR-15s protesting quarantines.
Posted by: Greger

Re: The Trump Way - 04/25/20 10:44 PM

Trump used him as a guinea pig to check out the ratings. When they turned sour, Trump threw him under the bus. Typical.
Posted by: pdx rick

Re: The Trump Way - 04/26/20 12:20 AM

Originally Posted By: jgw
Covid-19 is a really good example of Jackass Trump at his very best! Whilst watching him deal with the inject bleach thing it dawned on me. He demonstrated his ability to stand on all sides of any given thought/action/danger/issue/thing. People neglect to mention that. When he suggested that injecting bleach could kill the virus, and then said he really wasn't, that was just another example of his ability to stand on all sides of any given issue. You just wait, in a couple of months he will refer to whatever side wins as HIS side too! It just doesn't matter. If you take Covid-19, as a whole, he has now an established record of being wherever on Covid-19. Against? No problem. For? No problem. Not Worth the Trouble? No problem. He has, over the last couple of months not only stood on every possible side but actually has invented a couple too!!

Trump goes with the most popular sentiment being expressed by people at the moment that he is saying it.

Trump is not a stellar thinker. He's just not. I strongly promote the idea that Trump is literally a functional illiterate. He doesn't read. He gets information from hearing it. The fact that his Tweets have misspelled words tells you that he doesn't read because in the normal course of life, when you read, you see how words are spelled.

The problem with Trump, even if he hears information, either he is often mishearing what people or saying, or he simply cannot process information the way everyone else can.

I truly think that Trump has mental or social developmental issues or both. Hmm
Posted by: jgw

Re: The Trump Way - 04/26/20 06:05 PM

You are not alone!!!!

Re: The Trump Way - 05/03/20 03:33 AM

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

I truly think that Trump has mental or social developmental issues or both. Hmm

Not developmental. He developed the way he developed due to his entire family being evil. He was mentored that way.
What we're seeing at this stage is the effects of dementia, possibly even tertiary syphilitic dementia.

Re: The Trump Way - 05/03/20 07:21 AM

I don't think it is neurosyphilis. His mental processes do have a scary similarity to tertiary syphilis:

Quote:
In addition to a progressive dementia, these patients display a wide variety of psychiatric disturbances, including emotional lability, paranoia, illusions, delusions of grandeur, hallucinations, and inappropriate behavior.
from https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/neurosyphilis

But by that stage of the disease there are all sorts of other signs happening. So I think it's some other form of dementia. Probably the one his father died from.
Posted by: logtroll

Re: The Trump Way - 05/03/20 11:46 AM

Or this... Fear and loathing in Trumpland

(Thx, Hal)

Re: The Trump Way - 05/05/20 10:08 PM

Some Progressives Are in Denial About Trump's Fascist Momentum

Trumpism has started to feel normal.

Quote:
"There's a thing called arithmetic. You can debate a lot of things, but not arithmetic. Failure to vote for Biden in this election in a swing state amounts to voting for Trump. Takes one vote away from the opposition, same as adding one vote to Trump. So, if you decide you want to vote for the destruction of organized human life on Earth...then do it openly...
But that's the meaning of 'Never Biden.'"
---Noam Chomsky

Re: The Trump Way - 05/05/20 10:29 PM

America's Failure-in-Chief and his entourage are walking around a Honeywell plant in Arizona that is making N-95 masks without wearing masks themselves.

Additionally, the Failure-in-Chief is ending the Covid Taskforce. I kid you not. Hmm

Re: The Trump Way - 05/06/20 01:21 AM

America's Failure-in-Chief and his entourage are walking around a Honeywell plant in Arizona that is making N-95 masks without wearing masks themselves.

Additionally, the Failure-in-Chief is ending the Covid Taskforce. I kid you not. Hmm

I think the main reason is because Jared decided it was too much work for not enough profit.
Posted by: GreatNewsTonight

Re: The Trump Way - 05/07/20 08:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas

I think the main reason is because Jared decided it was too much work for not enough profit.

Does spoiled brat Jared know what "too much work" is?

Re: The Trump Way - 05/08/20 02:45 AM

The BEST part of "The Maskless Tour" was the factory workers blasting the Guns and Roses cover of Live And Let Die in the background. Priceless!

Re: The Trump Way - 05/09/20 05:08 PM

Apparently "Karen from Palos Verdes" insists it is her right to not wear a mask in Trader Joe's.
Of course, Trader Joe's disagreed, and they 86-ed her permanently.
This is just the tip of the iceberg.

I fully expect widespread acts of random violence on the part of CV19 deniers, and I fully expect Trump to egg them on, in order to demonize people who are trying to stay safe. Trump wants people who follow public health laws to be cast as domestic enemies, and he wants his faithful to attack them.
The day is coming where wearing a mask might trigger these bogus "patriots" and you might need to protect yourself from them. They're just waiting for Trump to say that wearing a mask means you hate America.

Posted by: logtroll

Re: The Trump Way - 05/09/20 05:37 PM

I wonder if she wears a seatbelt?
Posted by: Hamish Howl

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 04:43 PM

The day is coming where wearing a mask might trigger these bogus "patriots" and you might need to protect yourself from them.

That did in fact happen in 1918.

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 06:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Hamish Howl

The day is coming where wearing a mask might trigger these bogus "patriots" and you might need to protect yourself from them.

That did in fact happen in 1918.

It's about to start happening again, right here, right now.
Fox News is now telling their viewers that they must prepare...

FOR WAR!!!

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 07:45 PM

Our future. Count on it.

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 07:57 PM

If we need body-armored and machine gun wielding SWAT team members doing security guard duty at supermarkets, so be it. Maybe a big sign our front that says PEOPLE WITHOUT MASKS WILL BE SHOT.

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 08:13 PM

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
If we need body-armored and machine gun wielding SWAT team members doing security guard duty at supermarkets, so be it. Maybe a big sign our front that says PEOPLE WITHOUT MASKS WILL BE SHOT.

They're not witnessing the destruction of freedom, they're being "inconvenienced".
They need to get over it.

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 08:32 PM

...Karen from Palos Verdes...

Hill people are so entitled... coffee

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 08:34 PM

...right here, right now...

That really is a good track. smile

Posted by: Hamish Howl

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 09:18 PM

They're not witnessing the destruction of freedom, they're being "inconvenienced".
They need to get over it.

I saw a quote on Facebook the other day:

"There's nothing wrong with your situation that couldn't be fixed with a snow cone."

(This was directed at a retired guy bitching that he couldn't go to the barber.)

Re: The Trump Way - 05/11/20 09:29 PM

That's funny because I find I can do a pretty good job of cutting my own hair, and if my wife does it it looks great. And I might be almost 70, but I have a full head of hair.
Posted by: GreatNewsTonight

Re: The Trump Way - 05/12/20 01:50 AM

That's funny because I find I can do a pretty good job of cutting my own hair, and if my wife does it it looks great. And I might be almost 70, but I have a full head of hair.

Yep. My wife cut my hair this past Saturday and while it wasn't as good as when a professional barber does it, it was decent enough.
-----
Overheard in a women's chatroom:

A - Is there anyone doing hairs and nails?

B - I do hairs, nails, and makeup every day except Sundays. This virus has business booming.

A - Great, where are you located? I need my hair done.

B - I'm at [gives address]. I'm a mortician. You want an appointment? Keep going outside.