Google Adsense
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#173646 - 01/29/11 04:15 PM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: Ma_Republican]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Ma_Republican
As I have told you before I have never been to a Tea Party meeting or event, I have never donated to them either. But their progress from a simple protest about the cost of HCR to a political powerhouse and power broker in the last election is an amazing and inspirational story for every political stripe in America.

Okay now I believe you, because you don't even have the folklore about the roots of the Tea Party right.

The Tea Party did not spring from a rally against HCR, my friend.

I would love it if the Tea Party were formed in response to HCR because I could be assured of its impending demise that much sooner. As you know, I've been predicting the collapse of the entire health care system and the coming demands for BAILOUTS for some time now.

You might want to try pointing to Ron Paul's early Tax Day protests which started under Clinton. That'd be great too, because I'd gladly join the Tea Party myself if that were the case.

But it's not the case either.
There's too much of a lull, a dead space in between the honorable Senator Paul's protests and what emerged in 2008, and what emerged then was a response to Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.
It's rather strange that the Tea Party prefers to pivot on the bejeweled bearings of the latter part of that act as implemented by President Barack Obama, but the fact is, that act was set into motion by the Bush administration at the direction of Hank Paulson.

You can deny their roots, they can deny them too.
Peter denied Jesus three time and then a rooster crowed but facts is facts, and unlike you dear disciple, I was wide awake the whole time when all this came about so please spare the revisionism.

It might be Rick Santelli's legendary rant on the floor of The Chicago Stock Exchange or Hank Paulson's ransom note.
Both are generally acknowledged as the true roots of today's Tea Party.
Neither have anything to do with HCR by the way.
HCR was just another thing tacked on by the insurance lobbies, the Koch Brothers and Freedom Works.
It was and still is a very convenient third rail, but if you walk the tracks back to the station, the signs along the way read Know Nothing, John Birch and maybe even George Wallace.

It'd be great if Ross Perot were one of the signs along the way but the Tea Party has been strangely silent on the subject of American job outsourcing.
Or perhaps it might be that Perot once said,

"Keep in mind our Constitution predates the Industrial Revolution. Our founders did not know about electricity, the train, telephones, radio, television, automobiles, airplanes, rockets, nuclear weapons, satellites, or space exploration. There's a lot they didn't know about. It would be interesting to see what kind of document they'd draft today. Just keeping it frozen in time won't hack it."

I suspect that a lot of those people wearing Chinese made tricorner hats probably wouldn't like hearing that none too much. mad

#173647 - 01/29/11 04:17 PM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: Ma_Republican]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Pelosi and Reid are trying to subdue the growth of this movement because if allowed to ferment on its own it has the potential to transform American politics.

Excellent choice of word, Ma_R, "ferment". Without close control the process of fermentation is the rapid decomposition of an edible foodstuff (actually, most any organic matter) into putrescent matter. With close process control one can produce alcohol but the quality varies wildly and it is itself a substance commonly abused.

I appreciate your clearing up the vision of what the TEA Party might become. The BOOZE Party. (B-elligerant O-utraged O-rnery Z-omboid E-xtremists)

Just kidding!

On a serious note, don't you think it matters who the "leadership" of the TP is? It seems an awfully big leap of faith to assume that the quality of current leadership is some dismissable temporary condition.

It also seems obvious that "stop digging" is only the first rule of holes, one that keeps the hole from getting deeper. The second rule has got to have something to do with filling the hole back in (a restorative solution) or getting a ladder and climbing out (an abandonment solution, maybe not good in the long run). What I hear as a position from the TP is only to stop digging in parts of the hole. What's the rest of the plan?

#173648 - 01/29/11 04:39 PM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Tax day protests were held by a few people, even here in Moonbat Central. But the Taxed Enough Already protests were a spontanious group of protests, facilitated by Fox News, but a popular out pouring of protest none the less.

The Tea Party stared on that Columbus Day Weekend protest fest.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#173652 - 01/29/11 05:01 PM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: logtroll]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: logtroll
[quote=Ma_Republican] On a serious note, don't you think it matters who the "leadership" of the TP is? It seems an awfully big leap of faith to assume that the quality of current leadership is some dismissable temporary condition.

It also seems obvious that "stop digging" is only the first rule of holes, one that keeps the hole from getting deeper. The second rule has got to have something to do with filling the hole back in (a restorative solution) or getting a ladder and climbing out (an abandonment solution, maybe not good in the long run). What I hear as a position from the TP is only to stop digging in parts of the hole. What's the rest of the plan?

The danger of the Tea Party is the primary fault line in the Tea Party. If they allow people like Michele Bachman to become the face of their party it is OK for now, but the power behind the movement has to have a realistic idea of what they are and how to maximize that power.

There are many very smart political people involved with the movement, and they are making use of every avenue to forward their movement. Many here at CHB underestimate the movement, and I will caution you against it because I know that the warning will go unheeded. Don’t make the mistake of mistaking Sarah Palin or Michele Bachman as the leaders of the Tea Party, the movement revels in the fact that there are no official leaders. But, behind the scenes, there are many competent people nudging the movement in the direction it has to go to achieve its goals.

You all seem to be waiting for the movement to dissolve into a disorganized mob, but it doesn’t have that structure. It has a series of independent groups who share the same goal. There is no executive committee and there is no grand poobah to act as a galvanizing force. The philosophy is elegant in its simplicity, and that is to elect fiscal conservatives who will lower taxes and reduce government spending. As for the rest of the plan, as far as I can tell there is no “rest of the plan”. The job before the Tea Party is huge, they have not thought past the point they are at today and that is why they are able to focus on the details. The only details they are worried about is the fiscal policies of America and the fiscal future of America.

I have told you all that my politics are all about me and mine, well in effect their politics and my politics are the same. I worry about the future being laid at the feet of my children and their children. I look at what has happened fiscally in America over the last 50 years and shudder at the thought of what the next 50 years will bring. I will get lucky, I will collect Social Security, I have 401K and IRAs to fall back on. I have properties I can sell, even at a loss if necessary. My children are quickly inheriting a future where they will not be able to retire. They will never see a dime of Social Security, there has been talk, serious talk, of the government making a play at everybody’s IRA and 401K to subsidize pension failures. I try not to be paranoid, but I do worry about my children’s future.

I am beginning to believe that the success of the next generation may be tied to the Tea Party’s success. Congress has shown no inclination to worrying about future generations and Obama is doing everything he can to empty the treasury, so to speak. There is only one entity in America that preaches fiscal sanity and has the potential to live up to their word, and they are the people who are being undermined by both parties at every turn.

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#173662 - 01/29/11 06:35 PM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: Ma_Republican]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Michelle Bachmann is another revisionist like Haley Barbour.
Her latest trick was telling an Iowa group that "our founding fathers worked tirelessly to end slavery."

Oh yeah sure...Thomas Jefferson even boinked two hundred black girls as part of the effort~!

#173664 - 01/29/11 06:59 PM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Checkerboard Strangler

Oh yeah sure...Thomas Jefferson even boinked two hundred black girls as part of the effort~!

Oh, heck, that all? Then he had a long way to go in order to break Wilt "the Stilt" Chamberlain's claimed record of 'bedding' 20,000 babes. gobsmacked
Yours,
Issodhos

#173665 - 01/29/11 06:59 PM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: Ma_Republican]
loganrbt Offline
old hand

Loc: Massaphuggintwoshirts
Tax day protests were held by a few people, even here in Moonbat Central. But the Taxed Enough Already protests were a spontanious group of protests, facilitated by Fox News, but a popular out pouring of protest none the less.

The Tea Party stared on that Columbus Day Weekend protest fest.

Oh. So it didn't start as a reaction to the health care reform bill!!

As to that lovely web of interconnected leaderless cells making the nation safe for taxpayers and their progeny, I am really looking forward to how well they manage their way through the spending cuts they say they're going to bring about, when the ones in agrarian regions and the ones in dying rust belt cities and the ones in a relatively thriving southern manufacturing belt began the hard choices of figuring out which federal spending to eliminate. I'm guessing all those taxpayers in Wyoming are less concerned about continuation of spending on fixed wing aircraft that the Pentagon says it doesn't need and we all know aren't getting used much in actual combat than do the taxpayers in the regions of the country where all those fixed wing aircraft are built.

#173667 - 01/29/11 07:12 PM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: loganrbt]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'
I du believe in Freedom's cause ······················[reference to 1848 uprisings in Europe]
As fer away as Payris is; ··································Read aloud with tone of fervour and sincerity
I love to see her stick her claws·······················Tone of righteous virtue and indignation
In them infarnal Phayrisees;
It's well enough agin a king ····························Tone of sincere belief
To draw resolves and triggers---
But liberty's a kind o' thing ·····························Read aloud with a tone of Yankee slyness
That don't agree with niggers. ·······················[exposes American addiction to hypocrisy]

I du believe the people want ··························[reference to Boston Tea Party] stress "want"
A tax on teas and coffees, ······························Sincere tone.
That nothin' ain't extravagunt
Purvidin' I'm in office; ·····································Abrupt tone change; sly revelation of truth.
Fer I have loved my country sence ················Back to tone of patriotic sincerity.
My eye-teeth filled their sockets,
An' Uncle Sam I reverence--- ·························Bow head; speak in hushed, reverent tone.
Partic'erly his pockets. ···································Back to tone of arch Yankee slyness.

I du believe it's wise an' good ······················["Always be sincere, whether you mean it or not."]
To send out furrin missions;
That is, on sartin understood ························Tone of: "let us be clear about the details."
An' orthodox conditions---
I mean, nine thousan' dollars per annum, ·····The rapid patter of an auctioneer on the block.
Nine thousan' more fer outfit,
An' me to recommend a man ···························Tone of complacent confidence & self-satisfaction.
The place'ld jest about fit.

I du believe in special ways ·····························Back to tone of pious churchiness.
O' prayin' an' convartin';
The bread comes back in many days,
An' buttered, too, fer sartin; ····························Tone abruptly frank and open.
I mean in preyin' till one busts ························Tone: stubborn determination; stress "busts".
On what the party chooses,
An' in convartin' public trusts ··························Back to confiding tone of sly Yankee archness.
To very private uses.

I du believe with all my SOUL ··························Suddenly the evangelical preacher in the pulpit:
In the GREAT PRESS'S FREEDOM!--- ··············denouncing sin and proclaiming Truth!
To point the people to the goal ·····················Explaining the facts of life in a tone of great complacency
An' in the traces lead 'em;
Palsied the arm that forges yokes ··················Tone of righteous indignation: "how dare they!"
At my fat contracts squintin';
An' withered be the nose that pokes ···············Prissy, spiteful tone: "I'll show you!"
Into the gov'ment printin'.

I du believe that I should give ··························Back to reverent sincerity.
What's his'n unto Caesar;
Fer it's by Him I move an' live, ··························Hat over heart; eyes rolled up to heaven;
From Him my bread an' cheese're; ···················hushed tone: "I will obey thee, Lord!"
I du believe that all o' me
Doth bear His superscription---
Will, conscience, honor, honesty--- ·················Hushed reverence.
An' things o' THAT description! ·······················Suddenly, truth breaks naively through the façade.

I du believe in prayer an' pra-aise ····················Enthusiasm, almost hysterical, of evangelical preacher--("praise":
To him that has the grantin' ·····························pitch starts low, shoots up [prolong the "-a-"], then descends)
O' jobs---in ev'rything that pays---
But most of all in RANTIN'! ·······························"I love my secret sin!"
This doth my cup with mercies fill, ···················Back to the reverence bit: "I trust thee, Lord!"
This lays all thought o' sin to rest;
I DON'T believe in princerple,
But oh, I DU in int'rest! ·····································Tone of hand-rubbing, greedy delight.

I du believe in bein' THIS ··································Tone of negligent complacency; (after all, what
Or THAT, as it may happen, ·····························does it matter, so long as you can fool the rubes!)
One way or t'other handiest is
To ketch the people nappin':
It ain't by princerples nor men ··························Tone of dispensing deep wisdom: like a know-it-all
My preudent course is steadied---
I scent which pays the best, an' then
Run into it baldheaded! ···································["Oh boy! Greed is good!"]

I du believe whatever trash ································Negligent, matter-of-fact tone.
'll keep the people in blindness,
That we the Mexicans can thrash ······················[reference to Mexican-American War: 1848]
Right into brotherly kindness;
That bombshells, grape, an' powder an' ball ·····["Isn't it obvious?"]
Are goodwill's strongest magnets;
That peace, to make it stick at all,
Must be druv in with bay'nets. ····························Tone of sadistic pleasure.

In SHORT, I firmly du believe ·······························Oratorical tone of sincerity & high sentence.
In HUMBUG, gen'rally, ··········································Belt out the HUMBUG!; pitch high, then low.
Fer it's a thing that I perceive ······························Back to sly, complacent tone.
To have a solid value;
This hath my faithful shepherd been,
In pastures sweet hath led me;
An' this'll keep the people green, ······················ "Oh boy! I just love that there is a sucker born every minute!"
To feed as they have fed me.
---James Russell Lowell, [i]"The Pious Politician's [Tea Partier's?] Creed," (1848)

Edited by numan (01/29/11 07:16 PM)

#173698 - 01/30/11 01:39 AM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: numan]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

I think it is time the Tea Party was instituted as a legitimate and separate political party, thus making the USA a THREE party system officially.
ALL Tea Party members are required to turn down ALL Social Security and Medicare benefits and if they're caught using them, BLAMMO, immediate ouster from the party membership and no voting in Tea Party state primary elections.

No Tea Party office holder is allowed to use Social Security or Medicare either, nor are their dependents or spouses.
No SSI or SSDI either.

And ALL Tea Party members children are required to use PRIVATE SCHOOLS. Any party member whose children attend public school is ousted immediately.

#173703 - 01/30/11 02:27 AM Re: This Tea Party Thing [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
loganrbt Offline
old hand

Loc: Massaphuggintwoshirts
Private sewer and water systems; private trash services only; no use of federally funded highways, airports, or rail services or the safety systems that keep conveyances from running into one another; no public colleges or universities either. Can't work for any company that has federal contracts nor any company that was created using technology that resulted from federal research programs. Can't rely on the National Guard, FEMA, or any other federal agency in the event of a natural or other disaster. Can't get or use a U.S. passport; will have to take their chances at ports of entry if they want to travel internationally. Can only call 911 if they are planning to pay in full for any emergency services they obtain; way too much federal money in those programs!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2