Current Topics
Why aren't atheists allowed in Congress?
by logtroll
0 seconds ago
New York driver chains neck to pole, hits gas pedal, gets decapitated
by Golem
12 minutes 6 seconds ago
Cop cam: Ferguson police to wear body cameras
by Scoutgal
23 minutes 13 seconds ago
Israel appropriates massive tract of West Bank land
by Scoutgal
29 minutes 8 seconds ago
Inside Job
by Scoutgal
31 minutes 39 seconds ago
NFL Player Got Tattoo On His Face To Keep Himself From Ever Getting A Normal Job
by Scoutgal
33 minutes 37 seconds ago
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
Today at 01:26 PM
Round Table For Week Of August 31st-September 6th, 2014
by california rick
Today at 12:46 PM
My Muslim religion has problems that need fixing
by Jeffery J. Haas
Today at 04:15 AM
History's 'Houdini': What the Critics Are Saying
by Golem
Yesterday at 02:55 PM
Tesla Motors Dealing as States Play Factory Poker
by rporter314
Yesterday at 12:31 PM
5 current Ferguson officers apart from Brown shooter figure in lawsuits
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 11:25 AM
National Israeli fire on Gaza town raises war crimes claim
by Ardy
08/31/14 06:52 PM
Rams cut Michael Sam, first openly gay player drafted
by Scoutgal
08/31/14 08:55 AM
The 10 Biggest Classic Rock Douchebags
by logtroll
08/30/14 07:44 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14304 Topics
247181 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#207550 - 01/07/12 10:30 PM Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Bay Area, California
Quote:
PepsiCo, the soft drink's parent company, defended itself against a man who claimed he found a dead mouse in a can of the citrus soda. Experts called in by PepsiCo's lawyers offered a stomach-churning explanation for why it couldn't be true: the Mountain Dew would have dissolved the mouse, turning it into a "jelly-like substance," had it been in the can of fluid from the time of its bottling until the day the plaintiff opened it, 15 months later.

Forget legal disputes over canned vermin. The new question has become: Is Mountain Dew really so corrosive that it can dissolve a mouse carcass? And if so, what does it do to your teeth and intestines? Is Mountain Dew's classic slogan "It'll tickle yore innards" the world's most sickening understatement?

Key to Pepsi's legal argument is that there's no chance a mouse's corpse could survive, intact, for 15 months swimming in Mountain Dew. While published studies have not been conducted on how rapidly Mountain Dew would dissolve a mouse, there is plenty of evidence to suggest that the neon green soda can eat away teeth and bones in a matter of months, and would likely do quite a number on a rodent.

#207552 - 01/07/12 10:36 PM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA
Just eeeuuuuwwwww comes to mind.

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#207554 - 01/07/12 10:49 PM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: Scoutgal]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Scoutgal
Just eeeuuuuwwwww comes to mind.

LOL

Does knowing that Mountain Dew would turn a mouse to gelatin gross you out?

Quote:
The man is a liar! Mountain Dew would dissolve the mouse. There's no way an intact mouse could be in can of our product!

Great legal defense!! ROTFMOL

#207556 - 01/07/12 10:55 PM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: california rick]
Greger Offline
veteran

Loc: Florida
I once found a mouse in a bottle of Mountain Dew. Really.
But I had left the half full bottle of soda open in my truck.
Apparently a mouse had somehow gotten in the truck and was probably very thirsty. He crawled in the bottle and drowned.
I found him the next morning, fortunately I didn't take a drink.

#207561 - 01/07/12 11:21 PM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: Greger]
Joe Keegan Offline
veteran

Brenda O'Malley is home making dinner as usual, when Tim Finnegan arrives at her door.

"Brenda, may I come in?" he asks. "I've somethin' to tell ya."

"Of course you can come in. You're always welcome, Tim. But where's my husband?"

"That's what I'm here to be tellin' ya, Brenda. There was an accident down at the Guinness brewery."

"Oh, God no!" cries Brenda. "Please don't tell me..."

"I must, Brenda. Your husband Shamus is dead and gone. I'm sorry."

Finally, she looked up at Tim. "How did it happen, Tim?"

"It was terrible, Brenda. He fell into a vat of Guinness and drowned."

"Oh my dear Jesus! But you must tell me true, Tim. Did he at least go quickly?"

"Well, no. Fact is, he got out three times to take a pee.

#207563 - 01/07/12 11:30 PM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: Joe Keegan]
Greger Offline
veteran

Loc: Florida
I was looking for the clip from Strange Brew where Bob and Doug put out the fire. I found this instead.

#207586 - 01/08/12 04:10 AM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: california rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

Not to be a spoil sport, but how much of a mouse would be left if it had spent 15 months in a bottle of water? Ever seen what is left of a drowned animal after just a few days? I actually had a live cockroach in a salad once. I didn't sue the restaurant, but a) I didn't pay for dinner (or eat it, either), and b) haven't ever eaten there again.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#207595 - 01/08/12 08:32 AM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: california rick]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

There's an easy way to test this. First, catch a mouse. Second put it in a jar and pour in Mountain Dew. Seal the jar. Wait. Publish your results and get arrested for confessing to cruelty to animals. Perhaps catch a dead mouse would be better.

It seems to me I have seen something about putting a piece of meat in Coca-Cola and watching. The meat dissolves fairly quickly.

#207598 - 01/08/12 09:17 AM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: california rick]
keysersoze Offline
journeyman

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceComplian...n/ucm056174.htm

Food and Drug Admin standards. Did a search on rodent - intact - whole with a result of a picture of Congress and the POTUS popped up. Hmmmm.

Another attempt at publicity or a quick money grab of a few grand.

I once found metal pellets in a container of ice cream. Reported it to Hood and sent them the carton and pellets, cleaned, of course. They investigated the matter and determined that in the warehouse someone decided to bring their pellet gun and do some shooting. Small entry holes on container were hardly noticeable.

#207606 - 01/08/12 10:50 AM Re: Mountain Dew offers odd defense in mouse charge [Re: california rick]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

When I worked for the poultry company, I had to go retrieve a Value Pack of Half Breasts because a consumer complained someone had shot the bird with a "bow and arrow" to kill it and the arrow tip had lodged in one breast of eight.

Whatever. rolleyes

By gawd, when I went to retrieve the product, there was an "arrow tip" lodged in a half breast one of the eight pieces of half breasts.

Turns out, on the production line, there are temperature probes that drop down onto the line and every few birds are "probed" by the temperature rod for a temperature reading and the tip of a temperature probe had come off and lodged into a bird.

The tips screwed-off of the rod so they could be replaced every so often and apparently, one loosened, and went home to a consumer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2