by california rick
07/19/14 07:32 PM
Joni Ernst, Palin Lite
by Scoutgal
07/19/14 02:10 PM
Corporations. International economic gunslingers
by Scoutgal
07/19/14 01:16 PM
Florida to Redraw Election Map; Texas to Follow?
by Scoutgal
07/19/14 01:14 PM
Mayor Kim Driscoll, Salem MA, an American Hero
by Scoutgal
07/19/14 01:10 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14212 Topics
246391 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#207862 - 01/09/12 11:40 PM Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him…
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Quote:
(ThyBlackMan.com) MSNBC has suspended conservative commentator Pat Buchanan, according to Phil Griffin, the network’s president. The suspension resulted from words in Pat Buchanan’s book, “Suicide of a Superpower.” Pat Buchanan has stated that President Obama arrived to the White House as a result of Affirmative Action and that the country “has been built, basically, by white folks.”

Griffin seems concerned about two of the chapters in Buchanan’s book, one of them titled “The End of White America,” and the other called “The Death of Christian America.”

The MSNBC president is quoted in the AP as saying “Because of the content of the book, I didn’t think it should be part of the national dialogue, much less part of the dialogue on MSNBC.”

And so it goes. coffee

#207864 - 01/10/12 12:08 AM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: issodhos]
Greger Offline
veteran

Loc: Florida
I can't really say I'm surprised. Howard Cosell was not being a racist when he said "Look at that little monkey run!"
But it still cost him his job.

#207875 - 01/10/12 07:29 AM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: Greger]
Schlack Offline
veteran

Loc: Ireland
Political correctness gone mad. You cant even say anything racist these days without being called a racist.

Ahh for the good old days

Edited by Schlack (01/10/12 07:30 AM)

#207881 - 01/10/12 08:08 AM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: Schlack]
Schlack Offline
veteran

Loc: Ireland
hmmmmmm, im not sure of the point of this thread.

This appears to be a dispute between an individual and his employer, with the employee going beyond the bounds of what the employer deems appropriate.

what else is there to say?

#207980 - 01/10/12 03:25 PM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: issodhos]
Ozymanithrax Offline

Loc: California
What's this country coming to when a rich white man can't spout racial slurs without someone complaining?

#207991 - 01/10/12 04:30 PM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: issodhos]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
This is really quite simple. Everyone knows that an employer has the right to terminate any employee without cause except in the case where a white, Christian male (the most oppressed class of people the world has ever known) has stated a Truth too painful for the Elitist, politically correct Statist to bear.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#207996 - 01/10/12 05:47 PM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: issodhos]
AustinRanter Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Austin, Texas
Originally Posted By: issodhos

Quote:
(ThyBlackMan.com) MSNBC has suspended conservative commentator Pat Buchanan, according to Phil Griffin, the network’s president. The suspension resulted from words in Pat Buchanan’s book, “Suicide of a Superpower.” Pat Buchanan has stated that President Obama arrived to the White House as a result of Affirmative Action and that the country “has been built, basically, by white folks.”

Griffin seems concerned about two of the chapters in Buchanan’s book, one of them titled “The End of White America,” and the other called “The Death of Christian America.”

The MSNBC president is quoted in the AP as saying “Because of the content of the book, I didn’t think it should be part of the national dialogue, much less part of the dialogue on MSNBC.”

And so it goes. coffee

Not all bigots are racists, but all racists are bigots...and so it goes.

I've personally heard him make racists comments several times over past years.

It's been reported that he's been doing it since, well at least since the Nixon years.

Wonder why it took MSNBC so long to pick up on it. In recent years there's been several news items pointing out that he made racists comments on various MSNBC programs.

Yours Truly - Gregg

#208011 - 01/10/12 07:03 PM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: issodhos]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'

News moves slowly in the world of television. · wink

#208052 - 01/10/12 09:28 PM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: issodhos]
itstarted Offline
old hand

Loc: Florida/Illinois
This is a matter of industry self regulation.

With the new case coming before the Supreme court, we may find out within the year, whether self regulation is enough.

The Supreme Court case is FCC v. Fox Television Stations and FCC v. ABC Inc, No. 10-1293.

Article

Or NOT... since Sotomayor may recuse... may end with a tie.

#208055 - 01/10/12 09:32 PM Re: Pat Buchanan, MSNBC suspends him… [Re: issodhos]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

Tie goes to the respondent, not the plaintiff.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
1 registered (Spag-hetti), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2