Current Topics
Charolottesville
by Jeffery J. Haas
Today at 05:34 PM
STLV17: Brannon Braga On How Kirk Should Have Died, ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’ Regr
by Golem
Today at 03:16 PM
Round Table for August 2017
by NW Ponderer
Today at 02:05 PM
Trump Forum
by rporter314
Today at 02:46 AM
Anonymous declares war on the alt-right in new video
by pondering_it_all
Today at 01:17 AM
24 Novels That Are Crying Out To Be Turned Into A TV Series
by Golem
Yesterday at 04:56 PM
Nazism versus Communism
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 05:05 AM
The 13 Alfred Hitchcock movies you need to watch in your lifetime
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 02:31 AM
'Bonnie and Clyde' at 50: Ultraviolent gangster film changed American cinema (ph
by Golem
Yesterday at 02:23 AM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by pondering_it_all
08/14/17 09:39 PM
If You Are Married to a Trump Supporter, Divorce Them
by pondering_it_all
08/14/17 03:43 AM
shutdown
by Jeffery J. Haas
08/14/17 03:00 AM
Five facts about the newly-leaked U.S. climate change report
by matthew
08/11/17 11:24 PM
Trump and Russia
by rporter314
08/11/17 10:27 PM
Happy Birthday, United States Coast Guard
by jgw
08/10/17 09:14 PM
Forum Stats
6241 Members
57 Forums
16005 Topics
276122 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#209183 - 01/17/12 02:09 PM Will Netanyahu's Provocations Backfire?
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Netanyahu’s combined efforts to push the U.S. into a war on Iran as a smokescreen for his plan to absorb the West Bank and to manipulate the U.S. presidential election may open the door to an alliance of U.S. and Israeli national security officials who believe in security through peace and justice.

Netanyahu is interfering in the current U.S. Presidential campaign to put into office a president who will kowtow to his faction’s agenda, namely to get the U.S. to attack Iran to facilitate Israeli consolidation of control over the West Bank. While U.S. politicians remain mostly in denial about Netanyahu’s interference in the U.S. political system and threat to U.S. national security, former Israeli foreign minister Livni openly criticized Netanyahu for endangering the U.S.-Israeli alliance by his anti-Obama attitude.

Although it is impossible to distinguish with certainty the responsibility of Washington from that of Tel Aviv for recent acts of anti-Iranian aggression, even the militantly right-wing website DEBEKA seemed recently to be hinting that the recently murdered Iranian nuclear scientist was killed by Israel to provoke a U.S.-Iranian war.

#209207 - 01/17/12 05:25 PM Re: Will Netanyahu's Provocations Backfire? [Re: pdx rick]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'
Originally Posted By: california rick
Although it is impossible to distinguish with certainty the responsibility of Washington from that of Tel Aviv for recent acts of anti-Iranian aggression, even the militantly right-wing website DEBEKA seemed recently to be hinting that the recently murdered Iranian nuclear scientist was killed by Israel to provoke a U.S.-Iranian war.

Well, it the man was murdered by the Israelis rather than by the CIA, that might explain why the operation was a success. · wink

#209232 - 01/17/12 07:45 PM Re: Will Netanyahu's Provocations Backfire? [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
could you refresh my memory why Israel is an ally???

i don;t think the israelis need a pretext to take what they believe to be theirs as ordained by God. What they do need is the US to do the heavy lifting.

So why do American politicians allow Israel to dictate American foreign policy???

#209235 - 01/17/12 08:00 PM Re: Will Netanyahu's Provocations Backfire? [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: rporter314
So why do American politicians allow Israel to dictate American foreign policy???

This has been explained before: In the Evangelical community, said community believes that Israel must exist for the "second coming of Jesus Christ."

Simply put: No Israel, no second coming, no visit from Jesus Christ.

Hmm

#209258 - 01/18/12 12:12 AM Re: Will Netanyahu's Provocations Backfire? [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
The
Quote:
Evangelical community
does not control all of Congress and in fact there is only a small percentage of Congress which is directly influenced by these characters. I suspect far more important is the AIPAC influenced Congresspeople.

I can understand why someone such as Santorum or Bachman would be waiting for the second coming i.e. too many gays, but for the others, I don;t think it even enters their minds.

I believe this is a blatant case of a foreign government dictating American policy.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Albertpkr, kechua, burkha, bikrami, inekifoh
6241 Registered Users
A2