by Scoutgal
Yesterday at 03:24 PM
We erred in publishing cartoon
by Scoutgal
Yesterday at 02:07 PM
16 North Carolina Judges Quit Following State's Legalization of Gay Marriage
by Scoutgal
Yesterday at 12:56 PM
'The View's' Rosie O'Donnell vs. All of Her Co-Hosts Over Bill Cosby Rape Allega
by Golem
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
Jurors: 'Riverside Man Should Be Put To Death For Murdering, Torching Ex ...
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
Genetic Testing
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:14 AM
Legalizing Marijuana
by pondering_it_all
11/24/14 11:31 PM
Anaheim's new ARTIC: icon or eyesore?
by Golem
11/24/14 08:28 PM
On patriotism...
by Ken Condon
11/24/14 04:31 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14466 Topics
248697 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 10 of 22 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#210433 - 01/24/12 06:32 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: Bill Cravener]
Joe Keegan Offline
veteran

A Paulbot?
Quote:
There’s no way that we can continue this spending spree. In fact, I think in many ways the most interesting candidate – I’d even vote for him if he was running against Obama – is Ron Paul. Because he’s the only one of anybody who’s saying anything intelligent about the future of the world.

Quote:
And now, too – Obama… in welcoming home the troops was saying how we had achieved “stability, freedom and democracy” in Iraq. It was the same language that Bush used – and Obama was the guy who called Iraq a “dumb war.”

So you tell me, what have we learned? Or who’s faking, or who’s kidding who? Why is it necessary for every candidate – except for Ron Paul – to pay obeisance to this hypocrisy that the U.S. is a good force in the world, and that it is the dominant force, and can be the policeman of the world? Since when? What gave us that right? The right of empire, the right of force?

#210447 - 01/24/12 08:15 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: Joe Keegan]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: Joe Keegan
I thought that Dennis Kucinich had spoken out about some of these issues. The Left, however, didn't want to listen. My dream ticket would be Paul/Kucinich.

- or - Kuchinch/Paul would work for me too. smile

#210455 - 01/24/12 08:54 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: Bill Cravener]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

idea

I'm developing a theory and the theory is this:

Democrats realize that Ron Paul has many ideas that appeal to progressives, Obama has let a lot of progressive down, and celebrity progressives such as Oliver Stone and Bill Maher's support of Ron Paul scares the bejeebus out of Democrats because they fear if Mr. Paul runs third party he will siphon-off votes for Obama and we'll have a GOPer in the Executive Branch.

Therefore, it is incumbent for Democrats to paint Ron Paul in an fair light by borrowing GOP smear tactics.

#210458 - 01/24/12 08:59 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: Bill Cravener]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
It's what Liberals always do: repeat verbatim the words of Good and True Americans. The most scurrilous of smear tactics!

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#210459 - 01/24/12 09:00 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: pdx rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: california rick
idea

I'm developing a theory and the theory is this:

Democrats realize that Ron Paul has many ideas that appeal to progressives, Obama has let a lot of progressive down, and celebrity progressives such as Oliver Stone and Bill Maher's support of Ron Paul scares the bejeebus out of Democrats because they fear if Mr. Paul runs third party he will siphon-off votes for Obama and we'll have a GOPer in the Executive Branch.

Therefore, it is incumbent for Democrats to paint Ron Paul in an fair light by borrowing GOP smear tactics.

give dat man a C-gar. Apparently with the modern faux liberal and the modern faux conservative and a NeoCon vanguard, the motto is "The enemy of my enemy is my friend". gobsmacked

#210461 - 01/24/12 09:05 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Checkerboard Strangler
Originally Posted By: issodhos

Hence my reason for only including those statements you made as fact sans disclaimer, Strangler. And, since you would have backed up your claims if you could have provided proof of their truthfulness, I must conclude that you cannot. Nuff said.
Yours,
Issodhos

Oh screw you and your fecking disclaimer nonsense.
You're not capable of cashing the checks your mouth frequently tries to write on this board and I am certain your ridiculous schoolyard taunts do nothing to advance the discussion forward.

Thus verifying your inability to provide proof of their truthfulness, Stranger. It is what it is. coffee

#210464 - 01/24/12 09:20 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: Bill Cravener]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Paulbots have taken over college campuses just as Mr. Obama did in '08. Paul has the younger vote, the pissed-off progressive vote, and Independents.

CNN Poll: Obama tied with Romney & Paul in November showdowns

#210476 - 01/24/12 10:52 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: pdx rick]
Ozymanithrax Offline

Loc: California
Paulpaganda - 1.Information, esp. of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize Ron Paul's cause or point of view.

Paulbots have taken over college campuses just as Mr. Obama did in '08. Paul has the younger vote, the pissed-off progressive vote, and Independents.

There you go, repeating the same old tired talking points Paul has used since 86. The poll below actually shows the breakdown.
Originally Posted By: Ozymanithrax
In the recent PPP pole, Obama still is more popular among the youth than Ron Paul. (http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/2011/PPP_Release_US_0117925.pdf)
The following information is taken from the PDF at the above link.

Obama 18-29 50% Approve 43% disapprove 7% Not sure.
Obama 30-45 53% Approve 45% disapprove 2% Not sure.
Obama 46-65 44% Approve 52% disapprove 3% Not sure.
Obama 65+ 40% Approve 55% disapprove 5% Not sure.

Paul 18-29 43% Approve 43% disapprove 14% Not sure.
Paul 30-45 24% Approve 55% disapprove 21% Not sure.
Paul 46-65 25% Approve 61% disapprove 14% Not sure.
Paul 65+ 25% Approve 63% disapprove 13% Not sure.

In a head to head matchup between Obama and Paul the only age demographic Paul wins is in the elderly. This is true in all matchups. So, it seems that the only democgraphic group in this poll that consistantly prefer Republicans are the old.

Obama 18-29 54% 30-45 53% 46-65 44% 65+ 40%.
Paul 18-29 36% 30-45 39% 46-65 42% 65+ 48%.
Undecided 18-29 11% 30-45 8% 46-65 113% 65+ 12%.

Ron Paul's supposed appeal to youth appears to be just a myth. I'll check back as new polls come out to watch the trend.

This is the same Canard that Paul and the Paulbots lover to repeate.
2007 on Paul Brings the Youth Vote
And he claimed it in 1986. Every time he runs Paul and the Paulbots claim they have the youth. Everytime, it turns out that it was a false claim, or what is called Paulpaganda.

Edited by Ozymanithrax (01/24/12 10:56 PM)

#210484 - 01/24/12 11:44 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: Bill Cravener]
Joe Keegan Offline
veteran

#210486 - 01/24/12 11:47 PM Re: The Paulbot enigma. [Re: Ozymanithrax]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Oxymanithrax

There you go, repeating the same old tired talking points Paul has used since 86. The poll below actually shows the breakdown.

I had no idea that CNN was on Team Paul.

Originally Posted By: Ozymanithrax
Every time he runs Paul and the Paulbots claim they have the youth. Everytime, it turns out that it was a false claim, or what is called Paulpaganda.

Good to know. Thanks for shedding sunlight on these devious and misleading talking points. coffee

Imagine, video from 1986 still holds true today. Mr. Paul must be missing the evolutionary thinking gene where one gets wiser as one gets older. gobsmacked

I hope that you're educating / sending information to Oliver Stone and Bill Maher as well as educating me.

tinfoilhat

Page 10 of 22 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 20 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2