by california rick
1 second ago
The GOP’s ‘not a scientist’ meme keeps spreading
by Ardy
15 minutes 42 seconds ago
'Supernanny' Jo Frost -- I Can Help Adrian Peterson ... Contacts NFL Execs
by Scoutgal
32 minutes 33 seconds ago
Chocolate Milk Isn't Just For Kids: How The Drink Helps Your Workout, Brain, And
by Scoutgal
35 minutes 45 seconds ago
Defense of the GOP
by logtroll
Yesterday at 02:22 PM
P. J. O'Rourke: A Free Scotland Would Be a Hilarious Disaster
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 12:44 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2014
by Golem
09/18/14 09:56 PM
Historic 'Ghost Ships' Discovered Near Golden Gate Bridge
by california rick
09/18/14 09:51 PM
The Ten Commandments
by california rick
09/18/14 09:48 PM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by california rick
09/18/14 09:25 PM
Top 10 myths about the Constitution on Constitution Day
by NW Ponderer
09/18/14 10:22 AM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
09/17/14 06:32 PM
Another Day, Another Quote Fabricated By Neil deGrasse Tyson
by rporter314
09/17/14 03:12 PM
The more inept you are the smarter you think you are
by rporter314
09/17/14 02:58 PM
War... what is it good for?
by Ardy
09/17/14 11:01 AM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14350 Topics
247642 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#214644 - 03/01/12 03:25 PM Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Quote:
“A six-month long investigation conducted by my cold case posse has lead me to believe there is probable cause to believe that President Barack Obama’s long-form birth certificate released by the White House on April 27, 2011, is a computer-generated forgery,” the long-time sheriff, who has regularly battled the administration, said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/mar/1/sheriff-arpaio-obama-birth-certificate-forgery/

Edited by Ted Remington (03/02/12 08:53 AM)
Edit Reason: Change title to headline of article

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#214650 - 03/01/12 03:44 PM Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

Sheriff Arpaio is certifiably insane.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#214653 - 03/01/12 03:55 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ma_Republican]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
and look, the washington times is the reporting agency. there's credibility for ya.

#214657 - 03/01/12 04:14 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: NW Ponderer]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer

Sheriff Arpaio is certifiably insane.

Isn't that a requirement for a position of authority in the United States?

#214659 - 03/01/12 04:22 PM Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

LOL - have you read the actual article? Man it's funny. Some plums:
Quote:
“Based on all of the evidence presented and investigated, I cannot in good faith report to you that these documents are authentic,” Sheriff Arpaio said.
So, what was the evidence presented and investigated? A printout of the birth certificate from the internet. "His investigators said the computer file released by the White House appears to have been created on a computer" - um.... it was a computer file.
Quote:
“My investigators believe that the long-form birth certificate was manufactured electronically and that it did not originate in paper format as claimed by the White House.”
Um, it's a printout from the internet, you idiot! So, who were these "investigators"?
Quote:
Sheriff Arpaio detailed former law enforcement officers who constitute what he called his “cold-case posse” to do the investigation.
Clearly, unbiased outsiders, right?
Quote:
He was joined in his press conference by Jerome Corsi, an author who has been critical of Mr. Obama. He was also one of those who took a critical look at Sen. John Kerry’s military service during his 2004 presidential bid.
Oh, nevermind.Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery’ This one actually made me LOL: "Sheriff Arpaio said he went into the investigation with an open mind and would have been happy to clear Mr. Obama."

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#214673 - 03/01/12 05:52 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ma_Republican]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Bay Area, California
Quote:
[Arpaio] was joined in his press conference by Jerome Corsi, an author who has been critical of Mr. Obama. He was also one of those who took a critical look at Sen. John Kerry’s military service during his 2004 presidential bid.

Oh for Pete's sake - Jerome Corsi? Birfer extraordinaire?

#214691 - 03/01/12 07:59 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: california rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
Jerome Corsi

dr as in phd to you if you please

my hope is for a conclusive determination ... if it is true then we have one of the largest, most nefarious, and on the highest levels of power conspiracies to have ever existed

if on the other hand it is proven genuine then my hope will be that these characters will lose all credibility for all time and move to the back of the cave where they belong

#214692 - 03/01/12 08:11 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ma_Republican]
SkyHawk Offline
Admin Emeritus
old hand

Fail!

#214696 - 03/01/12 08:33 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ma_Republican]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
sky! ThumbsUp

#214698 - 03/01/12 08:38 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ma_Republican]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Land of Burnt Dirt
Arpaio is very much an attention whore, probably clinically. You'd think Arizona would be getting sick of this. Many of us are, but we have Tea Bagger governor and those in control of the state legislature are Tea Baggers or at least in tacit support of the TP. Point being, the people voted them into office. Most of those people live in Maricopa County.

Arpaio said today that no county money (I think he said tax payer money) was used to carryout his investigation. That's interesting in that the Tea Party in Surprise, Arpaio said, is the reason he investigated Obama. The Tea Party in Surprise asked him to. How many people represent the TP of Surprise? Ah, 46 people. Yet Arpaio was compelled to respond. Surprise is a part of the county that has complained to the Fed government that Arpaio did not investigate sexual assaults for years. I could look the number up but I'm lazy at the moment. The NW and the SW part of the county have been less than pleased with Arpaio's support for several years. No matter, 46 people ask for Arpaio to investigate the President and he complies! LOL!

Arpaio complies because he felt it was his duty - however - county citizens requested it. But, he emphasized no tax money was used in the investigation. WTF? So a county sheriff investigates a sitting president.

You, you and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.

#214699 - 03/01/12 08:56 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: SkyHawk]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Sky-I found this from the link you linked. Let me say this about that: LOL

Doggy Style

Is this true or is Obama an alien who slipped by the supposedly best security on earth? Stay tuned.

#214701 - 03/01/12 09:09 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Slipped Mickey]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA
Originally Posted By: Slipped Mickey
Arpaio is very much an attention whore, probably clinically. You'd think Arizona would be getting sick of this. Many of us are, but we have Tea Bagger governor and those in control of the state legislature are Tea Baggers or at least in tacit support of the TP. Point being, the people voted them into office. Most of those people live in Maricopa County.

Arpaio said today that no county money (I think he said tax payer money) was used to carryout his investigation. That's interesting in that the Tea Party in Surprise, Arpaio said, is the reason he investigated Obama. The Tea Party in Surprise asked him to. How many people represent the TP of Surprise? Ah, 46 people. Yet Arpaio was compelled to respond. Surprise is a part of the county that has complained to the Fed government that Arpaio did not investigate sexual assaults for years. I could look the number up but I'm lazy at the moment. The NW and the SW part of the county have been less than pleased with Arpaio's support for several years. No matter, 46 people ask for Arpaio to investigate the President and he complies! LOL!

Arpaio complies because he felt it was his duty - however - county citizens requested it. But, he emphasized no tax money was used in the investigation. WTF? So a county sheriff investigates a sitting president.

And just what agency or who gave this sheriff authority to investigate anything relaying to the President? I wonder what he would have said if President Obama had started up a criminal investigation on Sheriff Arpaio's hijinks in Arizona?

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#214702 - 03/01/12 09:13 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ken Condon]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Ken Hill
Sky-I found this from the link you linked. Let me say this about that: LOL

Doggy Style

Is this true or is Obama an alien who slipped by the supposedly best security on earth? Stay tuned.

Reportedly Arpaio was disappointed to discover that the 3 people involved were not Mexicans. Though the dog may have lived and worked in a bar in Ajijic. Needless to say we were all afraid for our wives until this little son a bitch was locked up.

#214703 - 03/01/12 09:23 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Scoutgal]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Scoutgal

And just what agency or who gave this sheriff authority to investigate anything relaying to the President? I wonder what he would have said if President Obama had started up a criminal investigation on Sheriff Arpaio's hijinks in Arizona?

That's a great question darlin'. Arpaio pretty much does what he damn well pleases. Arpaio is still in court for attempting to intimidate county government officials. Eric Holder's office has been investigating Arpaio's office for two years. Arapaio has refused to hand over files requested by the US Attorney General. That too is ongoing. In the meantime, Arpaio is in hot water because his office did not investigate about 600 sexual assaults (not sure about the number). Many, many reported by Hispanic people. One of the reasons Arpaio's office is being investigated is because of Arpaio's alleged discrimination of Hispanics. There appears to be a great deal of fire where that smoke it. Some people believe that Arpaio based on previous behavior is attempting to intimidate the President because the President's Administration is going after Arpaio. Hmm

#214705 - 03/01/12 09:37 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: rporter314]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: rporter314
Quote:
Jerome Corsi

dr as in phd to you if you please...

No thank you. Anyone connected with World Nut News Daily isn't worthy of being properly addressed.

#214706 - 03/01/12 09:38 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: SkyHawk]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: SkyHawk

Fail!

Eight month old re-tread? rolleyes Scary part is Sheriff Joe carries a gun. We had to wait for an eight-month old re-tread? gobsmacked

#214708 - 03/01/12 09:41 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ken Condon]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:
The three admitted the plan was for Sarah Walker to have sex with the dog, and her husband, Aucker, and the undercover deputy would join in at some point...

Join in a reach around? laugh

#214716 - 03/01/12 11:33 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: california rick

Quote:
The three admitted the plan was for Sarah Walker to have sex with the dog, and her husband, Aucker, and the undercover deputy would join in at some point...

Eeeeeuuuwwww!

#214718 - 03/01/12 11:41 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Scoutgal]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

Eeeeeuuuwwww!

Did you have to ask your kids?!?

#214719 - 03/01/12 11:42 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Scoutgal]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Hey look. I have no idea as to the veracity of that link Scout. But it sure was funny- lever the ness.

#214721 - 03/02/12 02:43 AM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

Eeeeeuuuwwww!

Did you have to ask your kids?!?

No, I asked Mr. Scoutgal.

#214722 - 03/02/12 02:44 AM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ken Condon]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Hey look. I have no idea as to the veracity of that link Scout. But it sure was funny- lever the ness.

rolleyes Yes, it was. LOL

#214727 - 03/02/12 06:53 AM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Slipped Mickey]
loganrbt Offline
old hand

Loc: Massaphuggintwoshirts
Some people believe that Arpaio based on previous behavior is attempting to intimidate the President because the President's Administration is going after Arpaio. Hmm

If Rep. Issa can't get Holder fired over Fast and Furious, Arpaio ain't gonna get him fired over Obama's 3 millionth birther investigation. But let's be fair to Joe; he's the only thing standing between our freedom and the invasion of the aliens. Saw the last half of "Independence Day" last night and was dumbfounded in noticing how much Randy Quaid looked like Joe as he flew his plane into the belly of the starship!

#214732 - 03/02/12 08:56 AM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: california rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

come on now ... WND is one of the go to sources for Hannity

#214738 - 03/02/12 10:43 AM Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: loganrbt]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: loganrbt
Some people believe that Arpaio based on previous behavior is attempting to intimidate the President because the President's Administration is going after Arpaio. Hmm

If Rep. Issa can't get Holder fired over Fast and Furious, Arpaio ain't gonna get him fired over Obama's 3 millionth birther investigation. But let's be fair to Joe; he's the only thing standing between our freedom and the invasion of the aliens. Saw the last half of "Independence Day" last night and was dumbfounded in noticing how much Randy Quaid looked like Joe as he flew his plane into the belly of the starship!

Looks pretty compelling to me! ROTFMOL LOL ROTFMOL

Edited by NW Ponderer (03/02/12 11:27 AM)
Edit Reason: To comply with Title guideline

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#214743 - 03/02/12 11:12 AM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Ma_Republican]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Ma_Republican

Looks pretty compelling to me! ROTFMOL LOL ROTFMOL

We're trying to get Arpaio to move to Massachusetts, Ma. Then you'll laugh.

#214753 - 03/02/12 12:06 PM Re: So is he or isn't he??? [Re: Slipped Mickey]
Sandune Offline

Mick. This mess is one of the reasons I had to move out of Arizona. When it was discovered that I was on the Board of Compassion and Choices, my mail box was jammed with horrible notes. My only friendly neighbors were Jehovah's Witnesses when their little dog ran across the street and I brought him home. They knew I was an Atheist but I loved their puppy...who knew?

When Napolitano was sent to D.C. I could not stand the thought of Jan Brewer as our Governor. I found her quite shallow when we had to get "end of life" forms from the Secretary of State's office.

My immediate neighbors used to shoot BBs at Kate my lovely lab and when Emma (elderly cat) would join her in the back yard the BBs became lethal. I decided it was time to return home to California.

In my work in live theater, I had made many delightful gay friends. When they visited me in Sun City, one of our best Mexican restaurants would empty out when we walked in. We had one gay couple in Sun City who wanted to join our swim exercise classes and the members complained and the guys moved somewhere else. What does this say for Arizona society?

I was asked to be on the Board of Directors of the Chamber Music Society in Sun City and when one of the members took a look at my website, I was pushed out. This is very representative of Arizona! My kids had bought a condo in Rancho Mirage where they could spend the winters and I flew into Palm Springs and loved the city again. It was Christmas of last year and we drove around and I discovered a mobile home park where my legs could survive without a single step. They bought it for me for Christmas and exactly one year ago I moved in. I have made more friends here than my 12 years in Arizona from Lake Havasu to Sun City.

The park is cleaner than anyplace I have ever lived. Most residents are here only during the winter months and we tend to watch out for their units when they are gone. I have been teaching the grandkids to swim when they visit on weekends. We have a gated community which annoys me when I forget to carry my zapper with me.

On my street here there have been several units for sale and I have already notified some of my old friends in the San Fernando Valley to take a look. The cost of living in the homes in Encino and Woodland Hills are way too expensive for many elderly retired folks like me. A couple of my pals have lost their husbands and would love to move here. It is 55 plus age requirements but we all have loads of grandkids and the attitude is so relaxed and happy that I am completely at home. I have the major citrus trees and offer everyone here to help themselves. In return I get home made lemon bars.

It is my Paradise and although I miss Kate who died a couple of years ago, I still have my cats. I'm too old to train another dog or man so I cuddle in to my books.

Arpiao is a jerk and I leave him in your trusted hands.

#214766 - 03/02/12 01:14 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

The reason Arpaio is in such a lather is because a) he thinks everyone is an alien, and witj a name like Arpaio, he should know, b) he is being investigated by DOJ for civil rights abuses (whatever they are, he wouldn't recofnize a civil right if it was explained to him in words of one syllable), & 3) he is crazy.

#214786 - 03/02/12 04:01 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: NW Ponderer]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

The reason Arpaio is in such a lather is because a) he thinks everyone is an alien, and witj a name like Arpaio, he should know, b) he is being investigated by DOJ for civil rights abuses (whatever they are, he wouldn't recofnize a civil right if it was explained to him in words of one syllable), & 3) he is crazy.

Exactly!

#214793 - 03/02/12 04:14 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

Arpaio is an ancient Hopi word loosely translated as "pretentious idiot with a star."

#214797 - 03/02/12 04:28 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ted Remington]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Ted Remington
Arpaio is an ancient Hopi word loosely translated as "pretentious idiot with a star."

You left out "asshat".

#214802 - 03/02/12 05:55 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Scoutgal]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

you guys are way too mean to the sheriff

this morning i heard a far right wing radical extremist talk show host extoll the sheriff as a great American and especially for standing up against the dictator Obama ... so you guys must be confused about the old sheriff

#214806 - 03/02/12 06:10 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: NW Ponderer]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Oooo, ooo, 3, I vote 3. Ooo, 3, 3, 3! He's 3, he is batsh*t 3

#214807 - 03/02/12 06:11 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Scoutgal]
loganrbt Offline
old hand

You left out "asshat".

NEVER MIND!

Edited by loganrbt (03/02/12 08:08 PM)

#214808 - 03/02/12 06:11 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Scoutgal]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

You left out "asshat".

LOL! Excellent! I love both definitions.

"Old white guy with head up ass."

#214809 - 03/02/12 06:13 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: loganrbt]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

You left out "asshat".

Please don't misunderstand. I think the above two posts are hysterical and, if anything, understated. I am puzzled, however. Isn't the Sheriff of Maricopa County an elected official and therefore immune from such characterizations on this board?

Or is it time to modify the guideline by excluding him from the rule?

That's an astute observation logan! Make it, "Sheriff Asshat."

#214814 - 03/02/12 07:14 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: loganrbt]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

You left out "asshat".

Please don't misunderstand. I think the above two posts are hysterical and, if anything, understated. I am puzzled, however. Isn't the Sheriff of Maricopa County an elected official and therefore immune from such characterizations on this board?

The rule doesn't apply to loco officials.

Actually, you may be right. If so, I nominate myself for a day in the box. To be accompanied by all who agreed with me of course.

#214833 - 03/02/12 07:45 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ted Remington]
Phil Hoskins Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: West Hollywood, CA
As they say, "this play is under review by the officials"

Phil Hoskins as administrator

#214836 - 03/02/12 08:07 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Phil Hoskins]
loganrbt Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: Phil Hoskins
As they say, "this play is under review by the officials"

Phil Hoskins as administrator

Well, in that case, I withdraw my post! This guy is the poster child for the need to disparage public officials from time to time.

#214839 - 03/02/12 08:36 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ted Remington]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

You left out "asshat".

The rule doesn't apply to loco officials.

Actually, you may be right. If so, I nominate myself for a day in the box. To be accompanied by all who agreed with me of course.

Quote:
Respect for Elective Offices

Elected Officials, both past and present, are referred to by name, not by nickname or by verbal/visual insulting reference. Feel free to criticize an elected official's actions, but don't attack the person. Address what the person did, not what the person "is".

As one of the administrators, I have to admit that I violated the RR Guidelines, by referring to Sheriff Arpaio in a derogatory manner. I duly regret my actions and apologize for the violation. Please follow suit. Thank you.

Scoutgal

#214884 - 03/03/12 11:00 AM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

Loc: Downey, California
From time to time the practice of pointing out that the Emperor wears no clothes is brought into play as a cornerstone of the time honored right to a free press.

Therefore I find that I am personally at odds with the more concrete aspects of the RR policy against disparaging public officials and request that a second look be taken at this policy, in the hopes of revising it to create that certain amount of "wiggle room" or grey area.

After all, if we cannot point out that the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes, then what's the use of a free press? Of course I am aware that this is a privately owned and operated forum however it advertises itself as one of the foremost and honored vanguards of political discussion and I find it impossible to view the concept of political discussion in a vacuum wherein no rights of a free press exists.

Can I get an Amen?

---Benjamin Bratton

#214887 - 03/03/12 11:29 AM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

I think there is a line, fine though it may be, and this discussion has been on both sides of it. Here's where I place my marker: I earlier stated that I think that Sheriff Arpaio is insane. Is that disparagement? It is a statement of opinion, based upon extant facts, and I think is within the guidelines. Saying that he is an "asshat" is where the line is (and I think the line judge would have to call it "in bounds"). Calling him "Sheriff Asshat" I think is clearly over the line.

This is my opinion only, as a poster, and not an official position as Moderator, a member of the moderating staff, nor of Reader Rant as a forum.

#214937 - 03/03/12 04:05 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline
veteran

Loc: Florida
There are lots of ways to disparage elected officials without resorting to calling them names. Suggesting that the sheriff's sanity might be at question is not at odds with our guidelines.
We crazy people, however, are a bit touchy about the "C-word", if you get my drift....
At any rate, and to clarify: Elected Officials get the same respect as our fellow posters here. You don't have to be nice.
Just be smart enough to keep it within the guidelines.

That is my official opinion and interpretation of the guidelines regarding the idiots that sometimes get elected.

Greger,

#214990 - 03/03/12 09:42 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Greger]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: Greger
That is my official opinion and interpretation of the guidelines regarding the idiots that sometimes get elected.

Greger,

Much ado about nothing, don't ya think, Greger? The rule is the "rules" apply to some more than others and the mods get to decide that based on their own prejudices. Same everywhere. Best to not get worked up over it and simply factor it into the privilege of posting here. It is what it is. :-)

#214995 - 03/03/12 09:51 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: issodhos]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: issodhos

Greger,

Much ado about nothing, don't ya think, Greger? The rule is the "rules" apply to some more than others and the mods get to decide that based on their own prejudices. Same everywhere. Best to not get worked up over it and simply factor it into the privilege of posting here. It is what it is. :-)

Awwww! violin cry

#214999 - 03/03/12 10:01 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: logtroll]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: logtroll

Greger,

Awwww! violin cry

Seriously, can we come to an agreement? LOL

#215003 - 03/03/12 10:17 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: issodhos]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: logtroll

Awwww! violin cry

Seriously, can we come to an agreement? LOL

Seriously, Man, I feel really, really sorry for you. Hmm We are in agreement!

#215153 - 03/04/12 09:54 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: issodhos]
Greger Offline
veteran

Quote:
The rule is the "rules" apply to some more than others

We try to keep things fair and balanced. Sometimes we fail.
Some of us are more fair than others, some of us are unbalanced....

#215158 - 03/04/12 10:26 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Greger]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Some of us are more fair than others, some of us are unbalanced....

I've noticed. :-)

#215163 - 03/04/12 10:49 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: issodhos]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

In fact, it might be time to redesignate RR as an unofficial DNC site. If ma_Republican treated others in the forum like he is treated by the Dems and others in the choir, he would not last a day. Just saying .... coffee

#215192 - 03/04/12 11:55 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Phil Hoskins]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Can we all please get back on topic? Which, for those who have forgotten is "Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery' ". Please use the PM function for more personal remarks, and start a new thread for other topics. Thank you for everyone's immediate cooperation.

Scoutgal
Administrator

#215209 - 03/05/12 02:46 AM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Scoutgal]
Ozymanithrax Offline

Loc: California
An interview with Sheriff Arpaio that touches on the Arpaio's forgery accusation and on the possible assassination of Breitbart.
Sheriff Joe Arpaio: I Spoke with Andrew Breitbart Shortly Before he Died

#216034 - 03/12/12 06:22 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA
I'm conservative - libertarian conservative to be more specific - and I think birthers are the Right's version of 9/11 Truthers.

And look at their "leaders" - Alan Keyes, Phillip Berg, Orly Taitz, the folks at WingNutDaily...

We're Birthers!

We care about the Constitution and you don't!

Don't get me wrong. I want to see a Republican president in the White House starting in January!

#216037 - 03/12/12 06:31 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Golem]
Greger Offline
veteran

Quote:
I want to see a Republican president in the White House starting in January!

Good luck with that. But the birthers will be voting right along with you; Alan, Philip, Orly, and the Sheriff want the same thing you do.
That colored Democrat out of their white house.

Oh, and Happy B-Day Ozy!!!!!

#216040 - 03/12/12 06:58 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Greger]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

I don't care who the Birthers vote for.

I don't care about the color of a man's skin. I do care about the color of his politics.

#216041 - 03/12/12 06:59 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Greger]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Welcome to Reader Rant, Golem! ThumbsUp

#216084 - 03/12/12 10:05 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Thanks, Scoutgal. smile

#216096 - 03/12/12 11:44 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Golem]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Welcome Golem:

Golem

#216133 - 03/13/12 01:00 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ken Condon]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Welcome Golem:

Golem

I read the Prince Valiant comic strip way back when. smile

#216135 - 03/13/12 01:20 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Golem]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

I thought it quite amusing (I am easily amused) because that strip appeared just this past Sunday in our local rag. I do enjoy some of the comics but can’t say as I am a fan of PV- even if the artwork is very good.
But the Golem caught my eye and then low and behold you appear the next day on RR. So the Golem wasn’t disposed of after all and Prince Valiant can't be trusted. Just who can one trust these days?
Just trying to have some fun.

#216176 - 03/13/12 04:25 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

i haven't looked back through the posts but has anyone missed the obvious that every reputable authentication/certification organization of ephemera only works with the original item ... as these characters were using a scan absolutely nothing they say is worth repeating

#216190 - 03/13/12 06:03 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: rporter314]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Quote:
as these characters were using a scan absolutely nothing they say is worth repeating

Does any of that matter? Some wonder why “these people” keep repeating the same mantra about Obama being a (fill in the blank) as if the birthers actually care about the facts or the truth. They don’t and the truth doesn’t matter.
Obama just looks plain wrong to be president. His ethnicity (and name) are just wrong. That is all that matters. His politics might have a smidgen to do with it- but it is highly unlikely there would be such a lather worked up about his presidency if he looked as he was supposed to.
It is as simple and as stupid as that.

#216200 - 03/13/12 07:05 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: rporter314]
Ozymanithrax Offline

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: rporter314
i haven't looked back through the posts but has anyone missed the obvious that every reputable authentication/certification organization of ephemera only works with the original item ... as these characters were using a scan absolutely nothing they say is worth repeating

Claiming the President as a "birth certificate problem" or is a "secret muslim" is just code for...
The President is a ni...

#216208 - 03/13/12 08:08 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Phil Hoskins Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: West Hollywood, CA
Wouldn't it be great to see Pres. Obama just call them on it -- no niceties, no bridging the gap -- just a simple "I have tried to accommodate the needs of all Americans, but no matter what I do there are some who will not allow a black man to be President. They will lie, cheat and do everything they can to undo my election and anything I may propose, even if it is the same thing as my predecessor did.

We have a word in our culture for these people -- racists. Now it is time for America to admit the South lost the civil war and our Constitution has ended slavery. Move on people, it is time to get to work on real problems and issues that face us."

#216218 - 03/13/12 09:14 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Phil Hoskins]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Phil Hoskins
Wouldn't it be great to see Pres. Obama just call them on it -- no niceties, no bridging the gap -- just a simple "I have tried to accommodate the needs of all Americans, but no matter what I do there are some who will not allow a black man to be President. They will lie, cheat and do everything they can to undo my election and anything I may propose, even if it is the same thing as my predecessor did.

We have a word in our culture for these people -- racists. Now it is time for America to admit the South lost the civil war and our Constitution has ended slavery. Move on people, it is time to get to work on real problems and issues that face us."

It sure would. But those who are birthers, tenthers, haters and deniers will spill more venom and lies through the likes of Rush, the TP, control freaks and the GOP. rolleyes frown

#216234 - 03/13/12 10:39 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ozymanithrax]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Ozymanithrax

Claiming the President as a "birth certificate problem" or is a "secret muslim" is just code for...
The President is a ni...

Hold it right there. I'm sure that there are some racists out there. That's always the case. But President Obama is considered vulnerable to this charge because some people think he was born outside of the US. And the fact that if so, one of his parents was a US citizen, is unimportant.

Personally, I think Obama qualifies as a legitimate citizen, but as a president, he's just a puppet of his handlers.

Edited by Golem (03/14/12 01:22 PM)
Edit Reason: complying with guidelines

#216235 - 03/13/12 11:08 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Golem]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Golem
...But ElPrezBO...

Oopsie! Can't write that. Elected officials are to respected here at Reader Rant. It's in the guidelines which you agreed to...

#216236 - 03/13/12 11:09 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Golem]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

...he's just a puppet of his handlers.

Like GW Bush wasn't a puppet of Mr. Cheney and Reagan wasn't a puppet of ex-CIA Chief GHW Bush. coffee

#220496 - 04/19/12 08:04 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

Loc: Downey, California
Has anyone been following all the hoopla regarding today's case in which someone who is supposedly "Obama's attorney" has "admitted that the birth certificate is a forgery"?

Google Search: "It's official! Obama is an illegal president!"

---Benjamin Bratton

#220501 - 04/19/12 08:46 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Has anyone been following all the hoopla regarding today's case in which someone who is supposedly "Obama's attorney" has "admitted that the birth certificate is a forgery"?

Google Search: "It's official! Obama is an illegal president!"

All those links are a month or more old. Guess that frog didn't hunt. I didn't see any 'Obama's lawyer' stuff.

#220502 - 04/19/12 08:58 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Golem]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

The President is a ni...

Hold it right there. I'm sure that there are some racists out there. That's always the case. But President Obama is considered vulnerable to this charge because some people think he was born outside of the US. And the fact that if so, one of his parents was a US citizen, is unimportant.

It is not unimportant.

The law, which I have quoted here repeatedly and extensively, says that a person born outside the United States is a natural-born citizen of the US if one of his or her parents IS a natural-born citizen and meets certain other criteria, all of which were met.

Let me repeat myself:

There is a statute that says Obama is a natural-born citizen even if he was born outside the United States.

See 8 USC 1401, which reads in pertinent part:

Quote:
The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
. . .

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person
(A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or
(B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22, may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph. This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date;

EVEN IF Obama was born in Kenya, his mother was a citizen and she resided in the US for at least five years before Obama's birth, and at least two of those years were after she turned 14 years of age.

From the wiki article on Anne Dunham, Obama's natural mother:

Quote:
In 1956, Dunham's family moved to Mercer Island, an Eastside suburb of Seattle. Dunham's parents wanted their 13-year-old daughter to attend the newly opened Mercer Island High School.

On August 21, 1959, Hawaii became the 50th state to be admitted into the Union. Dunham's parents sought business opportunities in the new state, and after graduating from high school in 1960, Dunham and her family moved to Honolulu.
Since Dunahm was born in 1942, you can see that she was a resident in Washington state for just about four years after her 14th birthday. And those four years would be two more than the two years required in the statute quoted above.

And if there is anyone out there who disputes that Dunham was not really Obama's mother, you need to speak now or forever hold your peace.

Really, folks, MOVE ON, there is nothing to see here. NOTHING!

#220504 - 04/19/12 09:29 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Can’t Blackwater get to the bottom of this?

A Prince of a company

#220505 - 04/19/12 09:34 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ted Remington]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

The President is a ni...

It is not unimportant.

The law, which I have quoted here repeatedly and extensively, says that a person born outside the United States is a natural-born citizen of the US if one of his or her parents IS a natural-born citizen and meets certain other criteria, all of which were met.

You didn't understand my post. But that's not your fault. It's mine. I was unclear.

Let me now say what I should have said:

And the fact that if so, one of his parents was a US citizen, is unimportant to them.

I think Obama is a legitimate natural born citizen.

I am not a conspiracy nut.

Edited by Golem (04/19/12 09:37 PM)

#220506 - 04/19/12 09:43 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ted Remington]
logtroll Offline
old hand

The President is a ni...

It is not unimportant.

Let me repeat myself:

There is a statute that says Obama is a natural-born citizen even if he was born outside the United States.

See 8 USC 1401, which reads in pertinent part:

Quote:
The following shall be nationals and citizens of the United States at birth:
. . .

(g) a person born outside the geographical limits of the United States and its outlying possessions of parents one of whom is an alien, and the other a citizen of the United States who, prior to the birth of such person, was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after attaining the age of fourteen years: Provided, That any periods of honorable service in the Armed Forces of the United States, or periods of employment with the United States Government or with an international organization as that term is defined in section 288 of title 22 by such citizen parent, or any periods during which such citizen parent is physically present abroad as the dependent unmarried son or daughter and a member of the household of a person
(A) honorably serving with the Armed Forces of the United States, or
(B) employed by the United States Government or an international organization as defined in section 288 of title 22, may be included in order to satisfy the physical-presence requirement of this paragraph. This proviso shall be applicable to persons born on or after December 24, 1952, to the same extent as if it had become effective in its present form on that date;

EVEN IF Obama was born in Kenya, his mother was a citizen and she resided in the US for at least five years before Obama's birth, and at least two of those years were after she turned 14 years of age.

From the wiki article on Anne Dunham, Obama's natural mother:

Quote:
In 1956, Dunham's family moved to Mercer Island, an Eastside suburb of Seattle. Dunham's parents wanted their 13-year-old daughter to attend the newly opened Mercer Island High School.

On August 21, 1959, Hawaii became the 50th state to be admitted into the Union. Dunham's parents sought business opportunities in the new state, and after graduating from high school in 1960, Dunham and her family moved to Honolulu.
Since Dunahm was born in 1942, you can see that she was a resident in Washington state for just about four years after her 14th birthday. And those four years would be two more than the two years required in the statute quoted above.

And if there is anyone out there who disputes that Dunham was not really Obama's mother, you need to speak now or forever hold your peace.

Really, folks, MOVE ON, there is nothing to see here. NOTHING!

This is heinous and despicable. You are obviously not trying to prove that the President is illigitimate. What kind of a backwards patriot are you?!

#220507 - 04/19/12 09:57 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Obama is a legitimate natural born citizen. If he is to be removed from office it must be done via the ballot box.

And no, I'm not one of those "Where is Lee Harvey Oswald now that we really need him?" types. (that was a slogan of President Lyndon Baines Johnson's far leftist enemies back in the late sixties, BTW)

Edited by Golem (04/19/12 10:19 PM)
Edit Reason: complying with guideline that I have trouble remembering

#220521 - 04/20/12 08:07 AM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

Actually, in law Obama is almost certainly illegitimate, since his father entered into a bigamous marriage with Anne Dunham. But he is still a natural-born citizen of the US. Our President is a real bastard!

#220550 - 04/20/12 04:15 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Ardy Offline
veteran

Loc: San Jose, Ca USA
I would take the issue more seriously if Romney will make it a central issue in his campaign....

However, I would hazard a guess that Romney give more credibility the the Republican governor of Hawaii who actually has access to the original documents.... and that he gives less credibility to a sheriff in Arizona who has no access to original documents.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

#220572 - 04/20/12 09:46 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Romney has no room to talk - his father was born in Mexico, for Pete's sake.

#220574 - 04/20/12 09:56 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

George Romney was a technically a natural born citizen for the same reason that Obama is a technically a natural born citizen - assuming he was not born in the US.

BTW, I do think Obama was born in Hawaii.

#220576 - 04/20/12 10:06 PM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ted Remington]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Quote:
Actually, in law Obama is almost certainly illegitimate, since his father entered into a bigamous marriage with Anne Dunham.

That was mighty bigga him.

#220592 - 04/21/12 07:23 AM Re: Sheriff Arpaio: Obama birth certificate a ‘forgery [Re: Ma_Republican]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

Bigamy -- one wife too many.

Monomgamy -- See bigamy.

Ambrose Bierce.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 5 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2