Current Topics
Why aren't atheists allowed in Congress?
by logtroll
Today at 07:19 AM
F/A/O Phil: Help !!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!111
!!!!!!!!

by logtroll
Today at 06:25 AM
Take our poll: Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame?
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 11:32 PM
Why Conservatives are Always wrong
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 10:59 PM
More Voter Fraud Uncovered
by Spag-hetti
Yesterday at 07:46 PM
Round Table For Week Of October 19th-October 25th, 2014
by california rick
Yesterday at 04:12 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
Yesterday at 02:12 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2014
by Golem
Yesterday at 01:41 PM
What does the collapse of gay marriage opposition portend?
by logtroll
Yesterday at 09:28 AM
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition’s 10 Reasons to ... War on Drugs
by Phil Hoskins
10/19/14 10:37 PM
Ebola
by Scoutgal
10/19/14 09:16 PM
More on Islam
by itstarted
10/19/14 08:13 PM
Utah National Guard busted for risque ‘Hot Shots’ calendar photo shoot
by Scoutgal
10/19/14 06:47 PM
In sharp turn, gay couples marry in Arizona
by california rick
10/19/14 06:09 PM
'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Stu
by Golem
10/19/14 04:45 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14405 Topics
248146 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#215559 - 03/07/12 01:04 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: Phil Hoskins]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'
When I first looked at the title of this thread, what immediately went through my mind was, "Welcome to the United States."

Shows the way my mind works. · · wink

Originally Posted By: Phil Hoskins

Lets find and discuss reasonable solutions.
Oh, delusive American optimism!!
What people need to learn is that sometimes there are no reasonable solutions -- sometimes there are no solutions at all !!
The rot has gone so far that there is no solution to America's ills within the present Constitutional system. When people finally learn this very simple lesson, then some of the serious problems of America may be solved -- certainly not until then.

Quote:

Most of us want to live in a world of some comfort and have some of the goodies available today.

We don't always get what we want.

#215561 - 03/07/12 01:08 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: itstarted]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
oh look, numan is contributing to the solution again. wink

#215564 - 03/07/12 01:16 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: itstarted]
NW Ponderer Online   content
veteran

Here are some proposed solutions (links to follow) - community banking, sustainable agriculture/urban farming, microbanking and microinvestment, Glass-Steagall redux, mutual insurance, renewable energy.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#215569 - 03/07/12 01:52 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: NW Ponderer]
numan Offline
veteran

'
Originally Posted By: 2wins

oh look, numan is contributing to the solution again. wink
Yes, of course I am -- and have :

http://readerrant.capitolhillblue.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=198985#Post198985

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Here are some proposed solutions (links to follow) - community banking, sustainable agriculture/urban farming, microbanking and microinvestment, Glass-Steagall redux, mutual insurance, renewable energy.

These programs are all admirable in themselves, but they will always be sabotaged by your rulers as soon as they show any real possibility of making any fundamental change to the American System of Misrule.

You are laboring under the ridiculous delusion, disproved over and over again, that you -- or anyone other than the Oligarchs -- have any substantial power under the present system of government in America.

#215573 - 03/07/12 02:30 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: numan]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA
Numan~Your post of:
Quote:
You are laboring under the ridiculous delusion, disproved over and over again, that you -- or anyone other than the Oligarchs -- have any substantial power under the present system of government in America.

You are delusional yourself, if you think that the United States of America is the only country suffering under oligarchy. We are just not so subtle about it, as we are newer at it than the Europeans, Asians and Middle Easterners(I may have missed a region or two). Money has always been the force that makes the world go 'round, ever since Man found shiny pebbles. Governments and their leaders have risen and fallen, but the theme is always the same, Gather as much money, land and power as possible so that one can control the populace. There are sometimes other minor factors, like bullying, bribery or just outright violence, but the end game is the same. Sometimes we(the populace) just deal with it in slightly different ways.

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#215575 - 03/07/12 02:41 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: numan]
veteran

Originally Posted By: numan
These programs are all admirable in themselves, but they will always be sabotaged by your rulers as soon as they show any real possibility of making any fundamental change to the American System of Misrule....
whine, whine, whine.... If you can't contribute to the solution (and you're not), sit down, be quiet, and don't get in the way!

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#215577 - 03/07/12 02:58 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: NW Ponderer]
veteran

Some links that now follow:
RE: microbanking and microinvestment
Micro Loans, Solid Returns - BusinessWeek e.g. Microplace.com; Kiva
Cambrian House - crowdsourcing

Growing Power - sustainable agriculture/urban farming; Edible Forest Gardens; Plant an Edible Forest Garden; Permaculture Institute

community banking: New Rules Project; Independent Community Bankers of America

What is exciting about these initiatives, and why pooh-poohing is a weak and indefensible position, is that they are local and sustainable. If we want solutions, they clearly are not going to come from the top.

#215579 - 03/07/12 03:11 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: itstarted]
Slipped Mickey Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Land of Burnt Dirt
We support local in everyway we can. It is my belief that local is and will be the solution to many issues. As individuals we have become disconnected from the nation in many ways. We are more cognizant of who we are and how our behavior directly affects others when we support everyone locally.

You, you and you, panic. The rest of you follow me.

#215586 - 03/07/12 04:06 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: NW Ponderer]
numan Offline
veteran

'
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
whine, whine, whine.... If you can't contribute to the solution (and you're not), sit down, be quiet, and don't get in the way!

Whine, whine, whine yourself, NWP.
Yes, studiously ignore the contributions I have already made

http://readerrant.capitolhillblue.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=198985#Post198985

and, because I do not agree with you, shout at me to shut up.

Continue in this vein, and some people might begin to think that your persona of sweet reasonableness is but a hollow shell.

#215587 - 03/07/12 04:17 PM Re: Welcome to the Crazy House [Re: numan]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

Yes, studiously ignore the contributions I have already made

Your magnanimity knows no bounds.
No doubt the percipient reader has been struck dumb by awe that such an elegantly simple, yet profoundly subtle, solution can exist to all our political, social, and economic problems. In my mind's eye I see my respected reader sitting motionless before his or her monitor, thunderstruck that the privilege has befallen them to be the witness of a conception so vast and noble that it seems to be an emanation from the mind of a deity.

We have been struck dumb not by being in awe of your perspicacity, but because we are having trouble holding our lunches down. It is truly indicative of the idiocies you espouse that in that entire thread you ended up talking to yourself 99+ percent of the time because no one else had the slightest care to try to debate your ideas. Why? Perhaps because of the quote just above. Your megalomania does not allow you to enter into true debate, only into waving your little flag and talking about how awe-inspiring your mind is. Make some sense and perhaps people will talk about your ideas. But when you throw out nonsense such as you did in that thread you will get no takers. There is empirical evidence to support this because no one wanted to talk with you or debate with you about your ideas, which only you seem to have been so awe-inspiring as to project dumbness on those who read them.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2