by logtroll
07:54 PM
It's no longer safe to recline your airplane seat
by logtroll
07:51 PM
Inside Job
by pondering_it_all
07:44 PM
Just HALF of women can locate the vagina on a diagram of the female reproductive
by logtroll
07:38 PM
Why aren't atheists allowed in Congress?
by pondering_it_all
07:35 PM
Tesla Motors Dealing as States Play Factory Poker
by pondering_it_all
07:30 PM
Rams cut Michael Sam, first openly gay player drafted
by Scoutgal
07:07 PM
Giant Millipedes Intercepted at San Francisco International Airport
by Scoutgal
07:00 PM
Round Table For Week Of August 31st-September 6th, 2014
by Scoutgal
06:59 PM
Cop cam: Ferguson police to wear body cameras
by Scoutgal
02:11 PM
NFL Player Got Tattoo On His Face To Keep Himself From Ever Getting A Normal Job
by Scoutgal
02:01 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
01:26 PM
My Muslim religion has problems that need fixing
by Jeffery J. Haas
04:15 AM
History's 'Houdini': What the Critics Are Saying
by Golem
02:55 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14307 Topics
247220 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#217375 - 03/21/12 11:19 PM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: logtroll]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

Loc: Downey, California
I think we all need to see the "evidence" and explore the "circumstances" a little more because according to the taped phone call from Zimmerman the dispatcher told him NOT to follow Martin, but instead to hold back, get out of the immediate area and meet the patrol car.

He did nothing of the kind. Instead he went into "pursuit mode".
What other circumstances are there?

---Benjamin Bratton

#217378 - 03/21/12 11:32 PM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: NW Ponderer]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Iss, I'm interested in the source you used to indicate Zimmerman was detained. I have not found that in any article I've read. Thanks.

Quote:
Zimmerman was handcuffed after police arrived and taken into custody for questioning, but was released by police without being charged. Police have interviewed Zimmerman twice since then.

#217380 - 03/21/12 11:41 PM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: issodhos]
Phil Hoskins Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: West Hollywood, CA
No he asked for a source

#217384 - 03/22/12 12:01 AM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: logtroll]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

That is the only reference I have seen anywhere indicating he was handcuffed. It makes me wonder where that information came from, because the poli ce chief indicated he had not been detained. He was not, by the way, transported from the scene. And when and how did they interview him?

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#217385 - 03/22/12 12:06 AM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: logtroll]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

Okay, found another source saying he was taken into custody.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#217388 - 03/22/12 12:56 AM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: logtroll]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

Ah, apparently "custody" meant a patrol car. It appears he was not transported from the scene.

#217391 - 03/22/12 01:30 AM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: issodhos]
Mechanic Offline
journeyman

Issad :

I'll readily admit my error regarding Greger's residency ! Doesn't change my opinion about the lynch mob mentality prevailing across the nation regarding this case ! (Or my low opinion of the blood-thirsty posters on this thread, either.) So y'all go "jine in " with ilk of Jesses Jackson and Al Sharpton and confuse this case to the point where it can't be honestly and legally tried ! >Mech

#217398 - 03/22/12 06:29 AM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: california rick]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: california rick
Ted, now don't go getting your panties in a bunch: read and weep

Quote:
In the months leading up to the shooting, Zimmerman had called police numerous times to report incidents

I cannot find that quote where you cited, Rick.

#217400 - 03/22/12 08:14 AM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: Mechanic]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
Originally Posted By: Mechanic
Issad :

I'll readily admit my error regarding Greger's residency ! Doesn't change my opinion about the lynch mob mentality prevailing across the nation regarding this case ! (Or my low opinion of the blood-thirsty posters on this thread, either.) So y'all go "jine in " with ilk of Jesses Jackson and Al Sharpton and confuse this case to the point where it can't be honestly and legally tried ! >Mech
hmmm. welp, there are other sandboxes you can play in, if you like.

#217401 - 03/22/12 08:19 AM Re: NRA tests a pet theory [Re: Mechanic]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: Mechanic
...(Or my low opinion of the blood-thirsty posters on this thread, either.)... confuse this case to the point where it can't be honestly and legally tried ! >Mech

Really, Mechy? Who on this site is bloodthirsty and wanting to confuse the case to where it can't be legally tried?

Have you not understood that the issue is there is no case, as determined by the Sanford police department, due to their interpretation of the "stand your ground" law?

Just for clarification, what process do you think would be (have been) appropriate for the conduct of this "case"? Let's start with this: given that Zimmerman apparently shot someone, should he have been arrested and an investigation conducted?

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 10 >

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2