Current Topics
How Privileged Are You?
by Spag-hetti
Today at 12:24 AM
Has Rush Limbaugh Finally Reached the End Of The Road?
by Spag-hetti
Today at 12:17 AM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
Yesterday at 11:23 PM
UNICEF's 'Poo2Loo' campaign targets open defecation in India with ...
by Ardy
Yesterday at 10:55 PM
University asks for ideas on how to have fewer white people
by Ardy
Yesterday at 10:49 PM
How Democrats Fooled California’s Redistricting Commission
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 08:44 PM
Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 08:23 PM
Round Table For Week Of April 13th-April 19th, 2014
by california rick
Yesterday at 01:03 PM
Chick-fil-A Looks to Lower the Heat on Gay Marriage
by california rick
Yesterday at 01:01 PM
Racist, rabid-right Republicans
by california rick
04/15/14 10:18 PM
An interesting take on county rule
by Jeffery J. Haas
04/15/14 08:03 PM
Liberals Are Seriously Exaggerating the Loss of Colbert 'The Character'
by NW Ponderer
04/15/14 07:29 PM
Google Buys Drone Company Titan Aerospace
by Golem
04/15/14 01:23 PM
Why do republicans so despise and hate Obama
by california rick
04/14/14 12:49 PM
Two that might work
by logtroll
04/14/14 09:41 AM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
13999 Topics
243627 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#218102 - 03/27/12 09:05 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

Pretrial diversion is fairly common for a first offense. It doesn't appear that the first law enforcement contact was that serious, and I suspect he was probably drunk at the time, although that was not tested. What pretrial diversion is, essentially, serving probation before trial/conviction. If you go, typically 1-3 years (depending on the offense and jurisdiction), the original charge will be dismissed. It appears that he finished his probation in 2008. I suspect he didn't apply to the academy at the time, because he was still serving his probation (so the criminal charge was still "pending). Also, in most jurisdictions, you have to be nominated or sponsored by a police agency to attend a basic law enforcement academy. I doubt he got that far. He was clearly overweight, and did not have the basic aptitude/suitability for the job.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#218105 - 03/27/12 09:10 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

The term "closed" is fairly common. It simply means the case is "closed" without prosecution. It does not mean "secret" or "private." It also does not mean "not guilty," as there was never a final adjudication.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#218106 - 03/27/12 09:12 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Golem Offline

Loc: Orange County, California, USA
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
WRT trademarking the kid's name I hardly think the parents seek financial gain, it's obviously a move to prevent OTHERS (particularly those with malicious intent) from doing so and I don't blame them one bit.

Wonderful. I heard similar spinning from those who were defending Saint Sarah and her daughter for trademarking their names.

#218113 - 03/27/12 09:27 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Bay Area, California
What the heck is that thing?!? Hmm

#218115 - 03/27/12 09:30 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA
Originally Posted By: california rick
Originally Posted By: Scoutgal

(I'll bet ca rick is drooling... LOL )

Not bad. smile

(My current fixation is Jon Hamm - Mad Men. Woof! laugh )

Why do you always pick straight married guys??? LOL

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#218116 - 03/27/12 09:31 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Going out on a limb, I would venture to say that it is indicative of "spin'. idea

#218117 - 03/27/12 09:32 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

It's a child's spinning top. Popular about 50 years ago.

#218119 - 03/27/12 09:33 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
More criminals that should be gunned down?

ESPN

Quote:
Within a couple days, Harbaugh and 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman were scouting a Manning workout in North Carolina.

"First they watched from a car by the side of the field, then, to get a better view, they came onto the field, hoodies pulled over their heads so as not to be recognized by some nosy iPhoner," King writes.

Emphasis added.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#218120 - 03/27/12 09:34 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'
Originally Posted By: Mechanic
Maybe you ought grow up, Troll ! Not all of life's answers are going to be found in a cereal box !

Oh, snappy comeback, Mec!! · · wink
But I think Logtroll makes more sense (usually) -- despite his regretable lack of appreciation for my manifold virtues. grin

By the way, Mec, you haven't answered my question about which model cars you prefer to work on. I actually would like to know.

#218121 - 03/27/12 09:35 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Golem
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
WRT trademarking the kid's name I hardly think the parents seek financial gain, it's obviously a move to prevent OTHERS (particularly those with malicious intent) from doing so and I don't blame them one bit.

Wonderful. I heard similar spinning from those who were defending Saint Sarah and her daughter for trademarking their names.

If someone wants to trademark their name, I really couldn't care less, unless it happens to be the name of others before the time of attempting to trademark. But that is best left up to the courts to decide.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2