by california rick
Yesterday at 11:28 AM
Zionism and ethnic cleansing.
by Schlack
07/29/14 04:38 PM
Palestine after Rome and before wwi
by Ardy
07/29/14 11:40 AM
palestinian responsibility for the Jewish Diaspora?
by Phil Hoskins
07/29/14 11:37 AM
Spiritual But Not Religious
by Spag-hetti
07/28/14 06:08 PM
State sees surge in high-paying white-collar jobs
by NW Ponderer
07/28/14 08:39 AM
Time Travel Question: Kill Hitler or educate voters on the 2000 FL ballot
by california rick
07/27/14 12:39 PM
Round Table Foe Week Of July 20th-July 26th, 2014
by Scoutgal
07/27/14 10:08 AM
Passing out weapons as a foreign policy
by california rick
07/26/14 12:14 PM
Impeachment Circus Rides Again
by california rick
07/26/14 12:12 PM
Illegal immigration rates
by NW Ponderer
07/24/14 07:56 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14221 Topics
246536 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#217994 - 03/27/12 03:27 AM Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA

The Smoking Gun
March 26, 2012

Quote:
The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late sonís name, records show.

More

BTW, I'm consistent. I also ridiculed Sarah and Bristol Palin for trademarking their names.

#217996 - 03/27/12 06:57 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Bay Area, California
Better that she trademark Trayvon's name, than a non-relative opportunist out to make a quick buck.

#218001 - 03/27/12 07:50 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: california rick]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Don't you just love free market capitalism? A culture where anything and everything is potentially a market? Sure would hate to see any ethical, moral, or practical regulation screw up a good thing - take away what made this country great, you know?

#218002 - 03/27/12 08:17 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: logtroll]
Greger Offline
veteran

Loc: Florida

I look for the family to further capitalize on this young man's death by suing several of the entities involved in the case.

#218010 - 03/27/12 09:01 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

One of the first things I thought of in this regard was the home owners association. That's gonna be where the deep pockets are, but whether you can prove a nexus is another story. I am not certain how closely tied HOA's are to neighborhood watch organizations in general, and certainly I don't know in this case.

As to the copyright, I assume it was on advice of counsel.

#218011 - 03/27/12 09:08 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
keysersoze Offline
journeyman

Probably the "Billy Flynn's" came out of the woodwork on this one.

#218013 - 03/27/12 09:12 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: keysersoze]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

I'd bet they had a phone call or twenty from attorneys.

#218015 - 03/27/12 09:30 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Ted Remington]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Ted Remington
One of the first things I thought of in this regard was the home owners association. That's gonna be where the deep pockets are, but whether you can prove a nexus is another story. I am not certain how closely tied HOA's are to neighborhood watch organizations in general, and certainly I don't know in this case.

I can answer this one. Being the current President of an HOA. The Board and the NW are two different entities. They can not be intertwined.

NW is a volunteer entity and non-elected.

The Board of Directors of the HOA can not have anything do with, nor give any direction to, the NW.

#218017 - 03/27/12 10:35 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

Moreover, if the shooting is deemed justified under the Stand Your Ground law, it prohibits civil actions based upon the shooting.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#218024 - 03/27/12 11:24 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

Loc: Downey, California
I heard early on that this particular HOA did NOT actually approve any kind of active Neighborhood Watch program so if Zimmerman claims he was "captain of the Neighborhood Watch program" then he was selected or elected by a body electorate of ONE....HIMSELF.

So any attempt to link him, NW or some variation TO that HOA would be fruitless anyway, because his actions were not in their name but in his name only. Far as they're concerned he acted alone.

WRT trademarking the kid's name I hardly think the parents seek financial gain, it's obviously a move to prevent OTHERS (particularly those with malicious intent) from doing so and I don't blame them one bit.

---Benjamin Bratton

#218033 - 03/27/12 01:41 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: logtroll]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'
Originally Posted By: logtroll
Don't you just love free market capitalism? A culture where anything and everything is potentially a market? Sure would hate to see any ethical, moral, or practical regulation screw up a good thing....
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
WRT trademarking the kid's name I hardly think the parents seek financial gain, it's obviously a move to prevent OTHERS (particularly those with malicious intent) from doing so and I don't blame them one bit.

Or, I suppose, it could be a bit of both.

Ah, America, America !!
Ever the land in which to make a quick buck -- and in which to lose your humanity !

In my opinion.

#218058 - 03/27/12 05:56 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: NW Ponderer]
Mechanic Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Moreover, if the shooting is deemed justified under the Stand Your Ground law, it prohibits civil actions based upon the shooting.

I suspect the FL "SYG law", won't be operant in this case, NWP !

OTOH - from according my researches - Fl law provides for the use of lethal force in an "in extremis " self defense situation. I thinks there's also a law against interfering with a "Neighborhood Watch" , as well !

Most of this is moot at this time as everyone from the Oval Office to NBPP street thugs and the majority of the MSM have guaranteed Zimmerman can't get a fair trial jury. (BTW, the comment by POTUS certainly casts doubt upon his legal education and his self-proclaimed credential as a "law professor!) . Its possible Zimmerman has a hell of a case against the USG under Title 18 USC, Section 241 which our USAG ought to be enforcing against the NBPP !

[Comment removed as a violation of guidelines - "Obscenities, racist, bigoted or anti-semitic comments and threats are forbidden." ]
>Mech

Edited by NW Ponderer (03/27/12 11:38 PM)
Edit Reason: Guideline violation

#218061 - 03/27/12 06:28 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
in response to mech and his ilk ...
Quote:
ABC News reports that the lead investigator in Trayvon Martin shooting wanted a manslaughter charge against the shooter George Zimmerman. The lead investigator, Chris Serino, stated he was unconvinced by Zimmermanís version of events according to an affidavit he filed the night of Feb. 26. His recommendation for a manslaughter charge was overruled by state attorney Norman Wolfinger, who subsequently removed himself from the case. Read everything you should know about the case here.
link

#218062 - 03/27/12 06:28 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: Mechanic
The "upside" is an almost certain career criminal is off the streets permanently.

That is in my opinion a reprehensible, ridiculous, and racist statement. Other than what appears to be a bias on your part against black kids I see nothing and have seen nothing that would lead to a valid conclusion that the young man was a career criminal. You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a statement. As a fellow Ranter, I find it disgusting and I am asking you to remove it. I am not even going to comment on the rest of your post, since it would do no good.

#218066 - 03/27/12 06:34 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Well, Mech, I wasn't 100% successful with my new decoder ring in understanding your post.

One question, your assertion that the Martin kid is a gang-banger is new to me. Are you one of those profilers that we are hearing so much about? Hoodie + black kid + walking at night = gangsta?

Ohh! Hide the kids!! Here comes on of them Skittles Gangstas!!!

Perhaps you have something that supports your imagination?

#218068 - 03/27/12 06:46 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: logtroll]
Mechanic Offline
journeyman

Maybe you ought grow up, Troll ! Not all of life's answers are going to be found in a cereal box !

Lots of "markers" for gang activity/identifiers. The "hoodie" is just the one in vogue presently . It'll change, I assure you ! >Mech

#218069 - 03/27/12 06:53 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Maybe you ought grow up, Troll ! Not all of life's answers are going to be found in a cereal box !

Lots of "markers" for gang activity/identifiers. The "hoodie" is just the one in vogue presently . It'll change, I assure you ! >Mech

Hmmm...

So you are a racist.

#218070 - 03/27/12 06:58 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: 2wins]
Mechanic Offline
journeyman

2W,

I can't see how the responding officers could have done different, given FL law. Zimmerman pleaded self-defense and had obvious on-scene forensic evidence to support his tale. What remains is to see if the forensic evidence of the shooting supports it !

The case has, IMNSHO , been irretrievable poisoned by the intervention of the MSM, the NBPP, and the President. (And ain't that just grand coming from a Harvard Law School grad and self-proclaimed "law professor" ! >Mech

#218072 - 03/27/12 07:05 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA

Hmmm, he's black, walking in a nice neighborhood while wearing a hoodie(in the rain, no less) and so he's got to be a gang banger? What kind of logic is that? Do think then that this idiot was justified? Although the race card is sometimes overused, it is not in your case. Looking at the facts re Trayvon-the kid was suspended from school, versus those pertaining to Zimmerman-he has been guilty of battering his significant other and assaulting a police officer. By your won so-called logic, Zimmerman would be the gangster here.

And of course there cannot be a fair trial now-especially since someone(see defense), IMHO, has been leaking things to demonized the real victim(that would be Trayvon Martin) and taint the jury pool.

And as far as Trayvon's mother trying to trademark his name? I think that both numan and NWP are correct. That because of the shameless lessons taught to us by Corporate America, others are so eager to capitalize on Trayvon, that she was forced to trademarking, in order to protect her son and his memory.

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#218073 - 03/27/12 07:12 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
Phil Hoskins Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: West Hollywood, CA
Mechanic, you are exposing yourself to a civil suit for slander. Nothing you state is even remotely true, either about the young man or the President.

I am not sure you are cut out for a place like this where we insist on facts and abhor racism. Clean up your act.

Posted as an Administrator

#218076 - 03/27/12 07:13 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

How interesting that a guy with TWO charges of resisting a police officer, one WITH VIOLENCE, is allowed a concealed carry firearm permit.
Also very interesting that the CRIMINAL FELONY case:

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER
was CLOSED without trial/prosecution/conviction/sentence.

What kind of person gets this sort of special treatment?
The son of a Florida Magistrate judge, that's who.
Still think this is a fair case?

2005-CF-009525-A-O
ZIMMERMAN, GEORGE MICHAEL
10/05/1983

07/18/2005
Div 10
OKane, Julie H

Criminal Felony
Closed

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE
BATTERY ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER

2005-MM-010436-A-O
10/05/1983

07/18/2005
Orlando
Miller, W Michael

Misdemeanor
Closed

CR-RESISTING OFFICER WITHOUT VIOLENCE
2006-TR-219362-A-O
0244RCN

12/14/2006
Orlando
Officer, 98 Hearing

Civil Traffic Infraction
Closed

TR- UNLAWFUL SPEED
2006-TR-219364-A-O
0245RCN

12/14/2006
Orlando
Officer, 98 Hearing

Civil Traffic Infraction
Closed

TR- CERT OF REGISTRATION POSSESS REQ

SOURCE: http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/

---Benjamin Bratton

#218079 - 03/27/12 07:20 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

The 1960's EQUIVALENT of a hoodie: LONG HAIR

When I was a kid THIS was the equivalent of a HOODIE and if you wore your hair like this you ran the risk of a beating, sometimes even an arrest and if that happened you could probably count on a haircut while waiting to be released.

Honestly Mech, you sound like one of those hard hats from the early sixties, the kind who would run around muttering:

Quote:
"Damn long haired PUNKS! Someone orta cut their hair and teach em some respect!
Probably COMMUNISTS all of em!"

Tell me I am making this up so I can tell you my experience in Cairo, Georgia in 1973.

Please, don't let right wing knee jerk reactionaries turn this country's clock back to the McCarthy Era.

Mech, have a Coke and a smile...better yet, have another can of Falstaff.

---Benjamin Bratton

#218080 - 03/27/12 07:25 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

Quote:
in December 2008, he applied for a citizens' police academy with the Seminole Sheriff's Office. In his application, Zimmerman stressed his background with the law: He wrote that his father is a retired Virginia Supreme Court magistrate judge and his mother worked as a deputy clerk of courts...."

LINK

So I was right, this guy IS a wannabe cop who didn't cut it with the academy!
I couldn't have hit the nail on the head if I had written his life story myself!

DIRTY HARRY COMPLEX.

---Benjamin Bratton

#218081 - 03/27/12 07:27 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Oh my Gawd! Lookit all the gangsters!!
Hoodie images

#218083 - 03/27/12 07:36 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Phil Hoskins Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

#218087 - 03/27/12 08:11 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Phil Hoskins]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Phil Hoskins

You were cuter than Art Garfunkel! ThumbsUp

#218089 - 03/27/12 08:15 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Scoutgal]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Hey Mech-Look at this gang banger!

(I'll bet ca rick is drooling... LOL )

Source

#218094 - 03/27/12 08:20 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

How does an ordinary civilian who doesn't have a judge for a daddy go about getting a "closed arrest"? Can ordinary people get those or.....?

See, I've never even HEARD the term before...I didn't even know what it meant.

---Benjamin Bratton

#218097 - 03/27/12 08:56 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

How does an ordinary civilian who doesn't have a judge for a daddy go about getting a "closed arrest"? Can ordinary people get those or.....?

See, I've never even HEARD the term before...I didn't even know what it meant.

I have never heard of a closed arrest before, either. But then none of my kin has ever been arrested, and we also don't have Judges in the family either.

#218101 - 03/27/12 09:03 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Scoutgal]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Scoutgal

Not bad. smile

(My current fixation is Jon Hamm - Mad Men. Woof! laugh )

#218102 - 03/27/12 09:05 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

Pretrial diversion is fairly common for a first offense. It doesn't appear that the first law enforcement contact was that serious, and I suspect he was probably drunk at the time, although that was not tested. What pretrial diversion is, essentially, serving probation before trial/conviction. If you go, typically 1-3 years (depending on the offense and jurisdiction), the original charge will be dismissed. It appears that he finished his probation in 2008. I suspect he didn't apply to the academy at the time, because he was still serving his probation (so the criminal charge was still "pending). Also, in most jurisdictions, you have to be nominated or sponsored by a police agency to attend a basic law enforcement academy. I doubt he got that far. He was clearly overweight, and did not have the basic aptitude/suitability for the job.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#218105 - 03/27/12 09:10 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
NW Ponderer Offline
veteran

The term "closed" is fairly common. It simply means the case is "closed" without prosecution. It does not mean "secret" or "private." It also does not mean "not guilty," as there was never a final adjudication.

#218106 - 03/27/12 09:12 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA

Wonderful. I heard similar spinning from those who were defending Saint Sarah and her daughter for trademarking their names.

#218113 - 03/27/12 09:27 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

What the heck is that thing?!? Hmm

#218115 - 03/27/12 09:30 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: california rick
Originally Posted By: Scoutgal

Not bad. smile

(My current fixation is Jon Hamm - Mad Men. Woof! laugh )

Why do you always pick straight married guys??? LOL

#218116 - 03/27/12 09:31 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Going out on a limb, I would venture to say that it is indicative of "spin'. idea

#218117 - 03/27/12 09:32 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

It's a child's spinning top. Popular about 50 years ago.

#218119 - 03/27/12 09:33 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
More criminals that should be gunned down?

ESPN

Quote:
Within a couple days, Harbaugh and 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman were scouting a Manning workout in North Carolina.

"First they watched from a car by the side of the field, then, to get a better view, they came onto the field, hoodies pulled over their heads so as not to be recognized by some nosy iPhoner," King writes.

Emphasis added.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#218120 - 03/27/12 09:34 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
numan Offline
veteran

'

Oh, snappy comeback, Mec!! ∑ ∑ wink
But I think Logtroll makes more sense (usually) -- despite his regretable lack of appreciation for my manifold virtues. grin

By the way, Mec, you haven't answered my question about which model cars you prefer to work on. I actually would like to know.

#218121 - 03/27/12 09:35 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Golem

Wonderful. I heard similar spinning from those who were defending Saint Sarah and her daughter for trademarking their names.

If someone wants to trademark their name, I really couldn't care less, unless it happens to be the name of others before the time of attempting to trademark. But that is best left up to the courts to decide.

#218124 - 03/27/12 09:38 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
numan Offline
veteran

'
The case has, IMNSHO , been irretrievable poisoned by the intervention of the MSM, the NBPP, and the President. (And ain't that just grand coming from a Harvard Law School grad and self-proclaimed "law professor" !

I think you are correct that the case has been poisoned.

#218125 - 03/27/12 09:44 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: numan]
Phil Hoskins Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

this case has not been poisoned any more than any number of high profile cases. His attorney may regret having said as much as he has, because if this guy ever goes to trial any evidence contrary to his claims will be very damning.

What the President said has absolutely no bearing on the case whatsoever and attempts to mischaracterize it are purely partisan claptrap.

#218134 - 03/27/12 10:07 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Mechanic Offline
journeyman

Originally Posted By: Golem
[quote=Jeffery J. Haas]WRT trademarking the kid's name I hardly think the parents seek financial gain,....

Riiiight !!!! >Mexh

#218163 - 03/28/12 02:25 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
Any marketing value that might exist should naturally go to the Job-Creators. It's beyond bad taste for nobodies to profit from the death of their nobody relatives; if that sort of precedence is set, they'll be lining up to partake in the gravy train.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#218218 - 03/28/12 09:32 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Ted Remington]
Mechanic Offline
journeyman

TR,

I'm surrounded by "those kids" five days a week ! I hear what they say and know how they think (if that's what you might call it ). Based upon years of experience I would bet a lot on my assessment of Martin's eventual end . He wasn't in Sandford by choice but by necessity as a result of his own actions. His wearing of a "hoodie" - a prominent gang marker - in a warm climate speaks volumes to me.

Of more interest is, where's the "moral outrage" on the part(s) of the ilk of Jackson/Sharpton/NBPP/ etc, regarding the 17 deaths/day of black upon black as recorded in the UCR ? Where's the "moral outrage" over the Tyson case where a black FL teen gunned down two British tourists ? Or, perhaps more germane to the Martin/Zimmerman case, where was the "racist outrage" when a black man left his home and shot a white perp breaking into his car parked on the street in a suburb of Newburgh NYS in 2009 ?

Or is only diatribes against the conservative viewpoint valid ? My subsidiary comments to the post you responded were deem "racist" byp the censor. I might opine fascism is also censorship - with a vile purpose - and telling me to "Shut Up" contravenes the founding philosophy of this board. >Mech

#218220 - 03/28/12 09:56 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
AustinRanter Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Austin, Texas
Police Video

A police surveillance video taken the night that Trayvon Martin was shot dead shows no blood or bruises on George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch captain who says he shot Martin after he was punched in the nose, knocked down and had his head slammed into the ground.

Interesting Video

George isn't as heavy set as most of the picture show him to be.

But in any case, after looking at the video on the above link...don't know. To me... Zimmerman didn't appeared to me that he was had been in any physical confrontation.

Yours Truly - Gregg

#218228 - 03/28/12 11:14 PM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
TR,

I'm surrounded by "those kids" five days a week ! I hear what they say and know how they think (if that's what you might call it ). Based upon years of experience I would bet a lot on my assessment of Martin's eventual end . He wasn't in Sandford by choice but by necessity as a result of his own actions. His wearing of a "hoodie" - a prominent gang marker - in a warm climate speaks volumes to me.

Of more interest is, where's the "moral outrage" on the part(s) of the ilk of Jackson/Sharpton/NBPP/ etc, regarding the 17 deaths/day of black upon black as recorded in the UCR ? Where's the "moral outrage" over the Tyson case where a black FL teen gunned down two British tourists ? Or, perhaps more germane to the Martin/Zimmerman case, where was the "racist outrage" when a black man left his home and shot a white perp breaking into his car parked on the street in a suburb of Newburgh NYS in 2009 ?

Or is only diatribes against the conservative viewpoint valid ? My subsidiary comments to the post you responded were deem "racist" byp the censor. I might opine fascism is also censorship - with a vile purpose - and telling me to "Shut Up" contravenes the founding philosophy of this board. >Mech
ROTFMOLnice

#218236 - 03/29/12 07:09 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Mechanic]
Ted Remington Offline
old hand

"those kids"?

fascism?

vile purpose?

"Shut Up"?

Mech:

Your very use of "those kids" speaks volumes to one who would listen.

I have no idea where fascism enters into this, nor do I have any idea why fascism is censorship.

A vile purpose to censorship?

This web site belongs to a private individual, by the name of Doug Thompson. There are a few things he will not tolerate here, and racist remarks is one of them.

I as a Ranter did not tell you to "Shut Up." All I did was ask you to remove a patently racist, extremely offensive, remark. Which, by the way, while you altered it, remained offensive, just as your reference to "those kids" is offensive, not to mention the snide "if that's what you might call it" parenthetical remark.

Ted Remington, Ranter

#218241 - 03/29/12 09:29 AM Re: Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks [Re: Golem]
keysersoze Offline
journeyman

Now Spike Lee has surfaced with his own brand of foolishness. Maybe he'll be next in line for a nice law suit?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2