by Scoutgal
09:16 PM
More Voter Fraud Uncovered
by Scoutgal
09:12 PM
More on Islam
by itstarted
08:13 PM
What does the collapse of gay marriage opposition portend?
by logtroll
07:42 PM
Utah National Guard busted for risque ‘Hot Shots’ calendar photo shoot
by Scoutgal
06:47 PM
Round Table For Week Of October 19th-October 25th, 2014
by Scoutgal
06:45 PM
In sharp turn, gay couples marry in Arizona
by california rick
06:09 PM
Take our poll: Should Pete Rose be in the Hall of Fame?
by Ardy
06:09 PM
'Terminator's James Cameron & Gale Anne Hurd: Hasta La Vista To "Fear-Based" Stu
by Golem
04:45 PM
Goliath Encounter: Puppy-Sized Spider Surprises Scientist in Rainforest
by Jeffery J. Haas
03:50 PM
Conservative dishonesty on Ebola
by california rick
11:09 PM
Round Table for the week of October 12-18, 2014!
by california rick
12:02 PM
LPS superintendent reacts to national attention directed at district's gender id
by NW Ponderer
12:33 AM
The Cure for Capitalism
by logtroll
10/17/14 02:57 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14403 Topics
248120 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 5 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 >
Topic Options
#219355 - 04/08/12 04:45 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: california rick]
Ardy Offline
veteran

Loc: San Jose, Ca USA
Originally Posted By: california rick
Originally Posted By: Ardy
Please show how obama (who has a nobel laureate as a cabinet member) and Bush had the same attitude towards science.

Who gives a sh!t about their attitudes about science. How about attitudes towards human life? The same - just ask the relatives of those killed by Obama's drone wars or proxy wars.

Rick.... what you say may or may not be true (as to the relative importance)....

but your comment was that there was no difference
I show a difference
You say it is not important in comparison

That is not even a half clever way to change the subject.

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

#219357 - 04/08/12 04:49 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: Hekate]
Ardy Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: Hekate
I'm with Rick. I don't currently see enough daylight between Obama and Romney to sway my vote. They have both governed as moderate Republicans.

If you are governor of a democratic state, you may well choose a moderate path

Romney has assured us all through the primaries that he is no moderate. I understand that in order to make your point, you have to operate on the supposition that what he says is a lie.

Hekate.... there must be lots of footage from the 20 primary debates that shows Romney's position... you can choose the debate, or I will if You desire... we can go from there,,

I personally suggest that we start with supreme court nomination...... Please Have a reasoned response other that the usual self serving "the supreme court does not matter"

Edited by Ardy (04/08/12 04:51 PM)

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

#219358 - 04/08/12 04:54 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: california rick]
Ardy Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: california rick
Obama:

- Signed the NDAA into law -- assassinating US citizens w/o trial now legal

Rick
Showing similarities of any number does not prove the absence of differences.

#219359 - 04/08/12 04:56 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: numan]
Ardy Offline
veteran

Originally Posted By: numan
'
Surely, Rick, that is a trifle over-stated.

I think what you are trying to say is that essentially they are no different. I think you should then define what "essentially" means.

WRONG
we have been over this point repeatedly.... he means what he says
there is no difference.

RIck
I have to note with amusement that it is a wonderment when you cannot get Numan to support your position of this sort.

#219360 - 04/08/12 04:59 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: Hekate]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA
Well, I see things a bit differently. Rick Santorum or Mitt Romney offend my moral conscience so much, that I am left to be pragmatic and vote for President Obama as the lesser offensive of the two candidates. To try and be morally pure and withhold my vote is to chance the GP contender to become president. Something my conscience would definitely NOT allow. It is naive and dangerous to think that everyone will withhold their votes. That would definitely encourage the Religious Right to vote, and your purpose is defeated.

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#219366 - 04/08/12 05:26 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: california rick]
Ardy Offline
veteran

RE McCain Foreign policy

Quote:
On our way home from Iraq, our delegation stopped in Germany for refueling and crew rest, and I had the privilege of visiting some of our wounded at Landstuhl. I briefly stopped in Mark Robbins' room, but he was sedated and unable then to communicate. I spent a few moments there, and talked to his buddy, before I went to visit other wounded soldiers. Not too long after I had left Mark's room, Petty Officer Swink found me and told me Mark was awake and had asked to see me. So I returned. When I entered his room and approached his bedside, he struggled with great difficulty to sit up, stiffened his body as if he were trying to stand at attention, grasped my hand tightly and wouldn't let go. And then he whispered to me not to worry, 'We can win this fight. We can win this fight.'
link

yeah.... no differnt.... Hmm

#219367 - 04/08/12 05:32 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: california rick]
Ardy Offline
veteran

Quote:
Mitt Romney calls Obama Iraq withdrawal decision an ‘astonishing failure’
link

No difference? Hmm

It is one thing to stick your head in the sand....
it is another to use the occasion to eat your dinner

#219372 - 04/08/12 06:17 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: Ardy]
Hekate Offline

Originally Posted By: Ardy
I'm with Rick. I don't currently see enough daylight between Obama and Romney to sway my vote. They have both governed as moderate Republicans.

If you are governor of a democratic state, you may well choose a moderate path

Romney has assured us all through the primaries that he is no moderate. I understand that in order to make your point, you have to operate on the supposition that what he says is a lie.

Actions speak louder than words, IMO.

Quote:
I personally suggest that we start with supreme court nomination...... Please Have a reasoned response other that the usual self serving "the supreme court does not matter"

Actually, I've given up on the Supremes...I view the Roberts court as something of a joke.

ETA, I don't think any nominee who might make a difference, (for example) by viewing corporate personhood skeptically, would have a reasonable expectation of being confirmed.

Edited by Hekate (04/08/12 06:24 PM)

#219373 - 04/08/12 06:32 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: california rick]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Ardy, you have never, ever criticized a stance, a position, a policy by Obama. I find that very telling. You can not be taken seriously when it comes to your unfettered hero-worship of the man.

We can now understand why GW Bush was elected a second time while the rest of us scratched our heads in utter amazement - it's people like you and your hero-worshiping.

Spin all you want about your hero Obama and let the Kool-Aid do your writing(s).

#219375 - 04/08/12 07:14 PM Re: Obama by default [Re: Hekate]
Ardy Offline
veteran

Actually, I've given up on the Supremes...I view the Roberts court as something of a joke.

ETA, I don't think any nominee who might make a difference, (for example) by viewing corporate personhood skeptically, would have a reasonable expectation of being confirmed.

WHich excatly the circumstance we have arrived at as a result of court nominations.... specifically the bush nomination to replace Sandra Day O Connor.... to say this made no difference is absurd. And who knows what impact the next nominee will have, maybe to replace ginsberg

Page 5 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 6 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2