by jgw
11/22/14 03:30 PM
Genetic Testing
by Scoutgal
11/22/14 10:51 AM
O.C. is less Republican than it used to be
by Scoutgal
11/22/14 10:43 AM
Jurors: 'Riverside Man Should Be Put To Death For Murdering, Torching Ex ...
by Scoutgal
11/22/14 10:28 AM
'The View's' Rosie O'Donnell vs. All of Her Co-Hosts Over Bill Cosby Rape Allega
by pdx rick
11/22/14 07:55 AM
Same-sex marriage rights are sweeping the US. Here's where each state stands.
by Spag-hetti
11/21/14 12:39 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14459 Topics
248633 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#235951 - 09/09/12 11:32 AM Meet the Press 9/9/12
Sandune Offline

David Gregory is grilling Romney on his campaign promises. I've never heard such doubletalk. If you missed it, the show will be repeated on MSNBC several times.

Romney will take America Back again, again and again.

Roe v Wade will be gone!

#235955 - 09/09/12 11:52 AM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Sandune]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
noomie gets mad when I watch the TV. I don't know what to do... Hmm

#235967 - 09/09/12 01:17 PM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Sandune]
Lillibet Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Chicago, Illinois
Sadly, the America Romney wants to take us back to, hasn't ever existed except on television.

#235979 - 09/09/12 02:12 PM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Sandune]
Sandune Offline

He spoke of his plans to add two Supreme Court Judges who will remove Roe vs Wade. I know these Mormons and they live in sa world of Deseret Paradise. They will put women in their place just after they nuke Iran. Romney blames Obama for Iran having nukes. They follow the same Evangelical desire to destroy Islam. This is a world I want none of. Take my word for it, they are natural killers of men who dare to want to live in peace.

Bill Bennett and Peggy Noonan were both trying to justify Romney's words. They all claim that Republican women want to be told what not to do. Obviously we are too stupid to figure out our own lives. I read the history of the LDS and there will be nothing but wars if we elect that awful man.

Lil, if you get a chance to locate "Under the Banner of Heaven" read it and see what I mean about killing all their perceived enemies. All will die in the name of Jesus Christ. I also believe that if Romney wins, a load of Mormons will kill him just to have Ryan in the White House. They are killers! In the last 50 years they were unable to breed more Mormons to take over the USA so they will find a short cut.

The great grandfather that I share with Romney was in charge of a massive massacre on their way to Salt Lake City and murdered several hundred men and women. Google Parley Parker Pratt and see if you want anyone from that family incharge of our government. I do not! We are considered royalty in the church. bullitshay

#235984 - 09/09/12 02:32 PM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Sandune]
Sandune Offline

Mountain Meadows Massacre tells the story of Parly Parker Pratt I forgot to link it above.

#236079 - 09/10/12 11:31 AM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Sandune]
Lillibet Offline
enthusiast

I've read those in the past, and thanks for the reminder. I should read them again. Mountain Meadow scared the daylights out of me, as I never knew how violent the situation was. I also know there is much available on the Internet regarding the times Mormons were chased out of various locations, until they sort of took over Utah.

#236083 - 09/10/12 11:57 AM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Lillibet]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Mos' gen'ly the Mormons were chased out of various locations due to their "hostile takeover" behaviours.

#236089 - 09/10/12 01:14 PM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Sandune]
2wins Offline
veteran

Loc: Barely above Sea Level
so is this another mormon hostile takeover? honestly, i am not a fan of mormonism but is this candidate really acting as a mormon, or just another puppet for the extreme right of the rnc. i would suggest the latter and i don't mean saints.

#236090 - 09/10/12 01:32 PM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Sandune]
Siannan Offline
journeyman

Loc: New Jersey Pine Barrens
Originally Posted By: Sandune
Lil, if you get a chance to locate "Under the Banner of Heaven" read it and see what I mean about killing all their perceived enemies. All will die in the name of Jesus Christ. I also believe that if Romney wins, a load of Mormons will kill him just to have Ryan in the White House. They are killers! In the last 50 years they were unable to breed more Mormons to take over the USA so they will find a short cut.

The great grandfather that I share with Romney was in charge of a massive massacre on their way to Salt Lake City and murdered several hundred men and women. Google Parley Parker Pratt and see if you want anyone from that family incharge of our government. I do not! We are considered royalty in the church. bullitshay

I read "Under the Banner of Heaven" and was absolutely horrified by it. If I remember correctly, the first murder was of a young mother and her infant daughter (right Sandune?). And I thought "who could possibly be so damned evil". The reason they murdered her was because she refused to allow her husband to have a second wife! The book goes on from there, to detail how Mormon history set the wheels in motion for this killing. The author is Jon Krakauer, who has written several wonderful books, including one about a young man who left his fairly affluent family to wander the country, decided to go to Alaska, and managed to get "lost and die" about two miles from town.

#236092 - 09/10/12 02:28 PM Re: Meet the Press 9/9/12 [Re: Siannan]
Lillibet Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Siannan
Originally Posted By: Sandune

I read "Under the Banner of Heaven" and was absolutely horrified by it. If I remember correctly, the first murder was of a young mother and her infant daughter (right Sandune?). And I thought "who could possibly be so damned evil". The reason they murdered her was because she refused to allow her husband to have a second wife! The book goes on from there, to detail how Mormon history set the wheels in motion for this killing. The author is Jon Krakauer, who has written several wonderful books, including one about a young man who left his fairly affluent family to wander the country, decided to go to Alaska, and managed to get "lost and die" about two miles from town.
Wow, that's one tale just about the first murders. I thought in polygamous marriages, that wife #1, and subsequent wives if any be, had to agree to the addition of another woman to the family, with her kids, kin and possibly family members in tow. Perhaps that's the public consumption version of how things work?

I don't remember that particular incident, so I must be remembering a different book about Mormonism. I do remember that at the time I read a few books on Mormonism, I had a client that spent countless hours trying to get me to join a ward here in Chicago. I went to two meetings, mostly out of curiosity, and was immediately put off by two incidents. I was in the middle of needing a Mormon for some work I was doing, as in writing stories, and so the offer was appreciated, as perverse as that sounds.

The first was a recovering alcoholic that sang the praises of Mormonism for 'curing' him of demon rum. He didn't mention if he had been similarly cured of demon Coke, but probably so due to the caffeine content.

The next was that the leaders of the meetings were just members of the group, but they were officially the pastors of the congregation. They did get up and preach mightily about various Bible quotes, demonized all that weren't Mormons, and used reasoning more appropriate to a 5th grader, ignoring the Hebrew roots of some concepts, and Greek roots of others.

Somehow, and I swear I didn't just get lucky because I had made up my mind about Mormonism long before, they hit on the Man is Head of the Woman, as addressed by Paul. Missing was that man is to love his wife as Christ loves the church, and to give her the respect due and owing, because of the special relationship of Christ to the Church. It was all about the ruling, not about the respect.

I would have run like a rabbit, but I was stuck there on the far side of nowhere, listening to blather like that, and then the couple introducing me to Mormonism wanted to stay for the life enrichment hour. It was all about storing up food, preparedness, and thrift. All in all, that was the most sensible part of the two meetings I attended. It was also the end of my hands on research.

Later on, I discovered the bloodthirsty parts, and while I was indeed fortunate to see the group functioning in their comfortable and usual setting, I was convinced that some things like the Church of God ought not be remade by plagiarists who locate, transcribe, and then rebury the gold tablets. Also, serving communion, which consisted of little cups of water and little squares of Wonder Bread, put me off the entire matter without question.

I mean, sure the Presbyterians around here serve puff pastry around here, with a good quality of nonalcoholic grape juice, but bread and water? That's prison fare, not a good representation of the feast of God. Communion is a celebration, and a remembrance. One thing is sure, I'll never forget that little bit of bread and equally small sip of water. I'm also pretty sure it wasn't supposed to turn into wine, although I did keep hoping.

In all, it wasn't a total waste. I ghost wrote two short stories, got paid for them, and have no idea where they were published. If it weren't for that benefit, I'd have been pretty peeved at the time involved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
3 registered (NW Ponderer, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2