6248 Members
58 Forums
16342 Topics
281364 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >
Topic Options
#244765 - 11/28/12 09:26 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: Ezekiel]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'
Why should I care what shallow, foolish know-nothings think of me or my body?

Anyone who does not see my inner, radiant beauty of soul, and who sees only the outer shambles of my transient material body is obviously not worth a single moment of my attention. · ·

#244769 - 11/28/12 09:44 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: numan]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: numan
Anyone who does not see my inner, radiant beauty of soul, and who sees only the outer shambles of my transient material body is obviously not worth a single moment of my attention.

Which you does your words represent - yer innie or yer outie? coffee(joe)

#244773 - 11/28/12 10:25 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: numan]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: numan
Anyone who does not see my inner, radiant beauty of soul...

That's exactly why we Ranters appreciate you, numan! ThumbsUp

#244785 - 11/28/12 11:51 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: Ezekiel]
numan Offline
veteran

Loc: What! Me Worry?
'
Which is what I appreciate in you and some other Ranters.

I just wish that more Americans were not so tediously unsure of their inner beauty. In some weird travesty of respect for democratic totems, and due to fear of being the nail that sticks out, all too many Americans do not dare to acknowledge their inner beauty and proclaim it.

That is why I feel it is my duty to be a sterling example for you all !! · ·

#244818 - 11/29/12 02:03 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: Ezekiel]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

The Gay Press:

Quote:
The controversy over nudists in the Castro is an example of what happens when a group of people overreach. In this case, a détente of sorts had existed between a small group of nudists, who liked to congregate in Jane Warner Plaza, and Castro residents and merchants. Last year, in an effort to address concerns from constituents, Supervisor Scott Wiener authored legislation that required the nudists – almost always men – to put a towel under themselves when they use shared seating. The law, passed unanimously by the Board of Supervisors, also banned nudity in restaurants. Reaction was mixed, however, with some saying the law didn't go far enough, and others saying there were more pressing matters for the city to address.

Since then, however, the nudists have gone too far. They have become more aggressive in the Castro. Some don cock rings – euphemistically referred to as "genital jewelry" – to simulate an erection. Others, according to witnesses, shake their dicks at oncoming traffic, obviously seeking a reaction. They seek attention by parading up and down Castro Street and have taken over Jane Warner Plaza to the point that other residents can't enjoy it. Many families with children avoid the Castro, and it's having a negative effect on businesses who are struggling enough already in this economy. It's clear that the towel ordinance wasn't enough and Wiener has now introduced legislation that would ban nudity in San Francisco.

We support the nudity ordinance.

#244819 - 11/29/12 02:14 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: Ezekiel]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Scoutgal
Originally Posted By: california rick
Who cares what people look like, rick

Because, that truly is at the heart of this issue. Read the article Zeke linked - the story ends with this position.

How the nudists look is the issue. These folks are not Greek gods and no one is chiseling marble to make statues look like them.

So what? My post was in answer to whether or not I agree with this proposed law. I do not. My reasons being that we should live and let live...

Quote:
Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys

Visual pollution.

The Adonis Factor

Quote:
...Men are visually programmed. And gay men have an appreciation for beauty in all aspects, whether it's other male bodies or just antiques. There's no doubt that attractiveness is key to a man's self-esteem and his impression on others, especially in gay life...

The Gay Press:

...just connecting the dots. wink

#244822 - 11/29/12 03:47 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: pdx rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA
Who cares what people look like, rick

Because, that truly is at the heart of this issue. Read the article Zeke linked - the story ends with this position.

How the nudists look is the issue. These folks are not Greek gods and no one is chiseling marble to make statues look like them.

So what? My post was in answer to whether or not I agree with this proposed law. I do not. My reasons being that we should live and let live...

Quote:
Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys

Visual pollution.

The Adonis Factor

Quote:
...Men are visually programmed. And gay men have an appreciation for beauty in all aspects, whether it's other male bodies or just antiques. There's no doubt that attractiveness is key to a man's self-esteem and his impression on others, especially in gay life...

The Gay Press:

...just connecting the dots. wink

Really? That means, by your logic, that women cannot wear red or shorts, because men are :visually programmed" and would rape them. Stupid logic and men must learn to control themselves. Otherwise, stay home or wear blinders. If one cannot control oneself because of visual stimulation then that is immature. And others' immaturity shouldn't be inflicted(by laws or peer pressure) on others.

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#244842 - 11/29/12 07:43 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: Ezekiel]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It's our culture and our preferences. I didn't realize that gay male values really upset you.

#244847 - 11/29/12 10:29 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: pdx rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA
It's our culture and our preferences. I didn't realize that gay male values really upset you.

What upsets me is that you have complained about the religionists wanting to force their culture and preferences on you and others in the LGBTQ community and here you go proposing to push your "culture and preferences" on others. Can you say "Hypocrite"? rolleyes

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#244856 - 11/29/12 11:37 PM Re: Legislation seeks to clothe Castro's naked guys [Re: Scoutgal]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

What upsets me is that you have complained about the religionists wanting to force their culture and preferences on you and others in the LGBTQ community and here you go proposing to push your "culture and preferences" on others. Can you say "Hypocrite"? rolleyes

These are the values of the gay community and am simply pointing out the gay community's POV - and the gay community does not want naked guys wagging their wienies in public as sited by ALL of the the links which I provided.

I'm simply trying to educate you.

Why you're trying to make this issue about me is bewildering when I simply subscribe to my community's values.

Page 8 of 16 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15 16 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 19 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2