by NW Ponderer
02:41 AM
Round Table For Week Of October 19th-October 25th, 2014
by Scoutgal
05:02 PM
The Savage Breast: A Music Clip Thread
by Golem
03:26 PM
Greta is pushing the 'Obama hates Fox News meme' in Tahmooresi case...
by Scoutgal
03:14 PM
Hong Kong chief: "Democracy would see poorer people dominate Hong Kong vote"
by california rick
10/22/14 04:42 PM
What does the collapse of gay marriage opposition portend?
by Scoutgal
10/21/14 09:24 PM
Law Enforcement Against Prohibition’s 10 Reasons to ... War on Drugs
by Scoutgal
10/21/14 09:23 PM
Clyburn challenger: Gay couples are 'gremlins' (Anthony Culler)
by Scoutgal
10/21/14 09:22 PM
Why Conservatives are Always wrong
by pondering_it_all
10/21/14 05:06 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2014
by Scoutgal
10/21/14 11:30 AM
Why aren't atheists allowed in Congress?
by logtroll
10/21/14 09:38 AM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14409 Topics
248226 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#264460 - 10/27/13 12:56 PM Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

LINK Yeah! :-)

Quote:
Thousands of Californians are discovering what Obamacare will cost them — and many don't like what they see.

These middle-class consumers are staring at hefty increases on their insurance bills as the overhaul remakes the healthcare market. Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.

Although recent criticism of the healthcare law has focused on website glitches and early enrollment snags, experts say sharp price increases for individual policies have the greatest potential to erode public support for President Obama's signature legislation.

If you like the policy you already have, ya can keep ... Oops. gobsmacked

Edited by issodhos (10/27/13 03:42 PM)

#264463 - 10/27/13 01:04 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: issodhos]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: issodhos
Change you can believe in! Yeah! :-)

Indeed! While anocdotal, my healthcare contribution has gone from $141/mo to $0. Office visits from $0 to $20. I'd have to see a doctor seven times a month to equal what I used to pay out as a monthly cost. And, if I'm going to see a doctor seven times a month - you better believe the eighth visit will be dinner and a movie. smile

#264469 - 10/27/13 01:40 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: california rick
anocdotal, my healthcare contribution has gone from $141/mo to $0. Office visits from $0 to $20. I'd have to see a doctor seven times a month to equal what I used to pay out as a monthly cost. And, if I'm going to see a doctor seven times a month - you better believe the eighth visit will be dinner and a movie. smile

Good deal, rick. Who is paying for it?

#264477 - 10/27/13 03:34 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: issodhos]
Ardy Online   content
veteran

Loc: San Jose, Ca USA
Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.

I missed your link....

could you please provide evidence of the connection that is asserted in the unlinked article that you posted?

Edited by Ardy (10/27/13 03:56 PM)

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

#264478 - 10/27/13 03:36 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: issodhos]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

anocdotal, my healthcare contribution has gone from $141/mo to $0. Office visits from $0 to $20. I'd have to see a doctor seven times a month to equal what I used to pay out as a monthly cost. And, if I'm going to see a doctor seven times a month - you better believe the eighth visit will be dinner and a movie. smile

My employer, just as before. Except now I have no monthly contribution because the premium went down so much. Hmm

#264504 - 10/27/13 06:23 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

My employer, just as before. Except now I have no monthly contribution because the premium went down so much. Hmm

Is your employer hiring, right now, rick? Might want to let the Californians who are getting their premiums jacked-up that there is an employer they can believe in. Only fair, I would think. :-)

#264507 - 10/27/13 06:36 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: Ardy]
Ardy Online   content
veteran

Loc: San Jose, Ca USA
Originally Posted By: Ardy
Their rates are rising in large part to help offset the higher costs of covering sicker, poorer people who have been shut out of the system for years.

I missed your link....

could you please provide evidence of the connection that is asserted in the unlinked article that you posted?

Bump

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

#264509 - 10/27/13 06:54 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: issodhos]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Is your employer hiring, right now, rick? Might want to let the Californians who are getting their premiums jacked-up that there is an employer they can believe in. Only fair, I would think. :-)

Actually we are. Are you interested in being a 'cafeteria lady'? smile

#264517 - 10/27/13 08:19 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: Ardy]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

I missed your link....

Bump

I provided the link earlier today when you pointed out that I had forgotten to include it, Ardy.

#264522 - 10/27/13 08:55 PM Re: Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Actually we are. Are you interested in being a 'cafeteria lady'? smile

Mine got bumped up to $384 a month and the deductible raised to $2,000. But, I also got a .97 cent rebate for the year because of Obamacare's new rules! I'm guessing you will be keeping your current policy, then? :-))

P.s. The commute would be too much, and the idea of leaving my current environs is, to me, a decidedly unpleasant thought. ;-)

Edited by issodhos (10/27/13 08:55 PM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 16 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2