It has become a truism that partisanship is our problem. But maybe that is not the whole, or even the most important part of the problem.

I can already hear people writing "huh?" ROTFMOL Well let's see where this goes.

The most obvious example of partisanship was the recent gov shutdown and debt limit tussle. But what really happened? I think we all know this fight and it's strategy were driven by tea party types and their refusal to compromise.

Was the tea party driven by any partisan concern? Well lots of republicans warned them that they were damaging the party; damaging the bend. But they did not care at all So it does not seem obvious that this was a partisan war.

In fact, one if boehner's problems is that these guys simply do not care about the republican power structure or the national party.

Their agenda is being driven by behind the scenes people like the Koch brothers.

These people have a fairly simple agenda. Reduce taxes, shrink and emasculate the overgrown government. That is what they want.

Do they care about the deficit. Not really. An increased deficit is only a tool to force the political parties to shrink gov. Starve the beast

Do they care about right to life? I doubt it. This is simply a collection of special interest voters they can control.

Do they care about race? No. They would be happy to hAve president Herman Cain. Because he would give them what they want. They leverage latent racism simply as an expedient tool.

Do they care about guns, or immigration, or NSA spying. Not at all. These are just hot button issues to mobilize their base

Of course they would like to have someone else be president. But as long as they can control enough house members, they can control the speaker. Being in control of the speaker they can prevent the house from operating unless they get movement to shrink the gov. Defund Obamacare. Get cuts in SS and Medicare or food stamps.

Force cuts in gov spending. Let the political parties decide what to cut. Make sure taxes are frozen or reduced

This is not partisanship I am not sure what it is. Basically a power grab by a small group of mostly uber wealthy ideologues

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."