Topic Options
#265671 - 11/24/13 05:33 PM "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA
The Smoking Gun
November 22, 2013

Quote:
An 81-year-old "birther" was arrested today and charged with threatening President Barack Obama's life, according to federal court records.

Prosecutors allege that Elwyn Nels Fossedal was in a post office near his Wisconsin home last month when he announced, "If President Obama was here I would shoot him right there and kill him right now."

More

#265673 - 11/24/13 07:41 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: Golem]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Portland, Oregon

An article about one of tens of millions with Obama Derangement Syndrome is noteworthy because...? Hmm

There's a reason why ACA has a mental healthcare component. Just sayin'. smile

#265677 - 11/24/13 07:58 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: pdx rick]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Originally Posted By: california rick
Obama Derangement Syndrome

I've spoken out against this on at least one conservative forum by pointing out that it's no better than the similar derangement syndromes by the Left against, Bush, Reagan, et al.

#265679 - 11/24/13 08:32 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: Golem]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Golem

I've spoken out against this on at least one conservative forum by pointing out that it's no better than the similar derangement syndromes by the Left against, Bush, Reagan, et al.

Shirley, even you must know that one is based in reality; one isn't. wink Like "lefties" weren't correct in stating there were no weapons of mass destruction, that "lefites" weren't correct in the US trading arms for crack in Nicaragua and then selling it on the streets of America? coffee

#265680 - 11/24/13 08:32 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: Golem]
Phil Hoskins Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: West Hollywood, CA

Exactly what "by the Left" matches that on the right today? I do not recall the calls for assassination, demands for a birth certificate, racial slander, etc etc.

While there certainly is hatred from the left, I do not recall an entire major political party being hijacked by those haters such as the GOP has been by the tea partiers.

False equivalency IMO

#265681 - 11/24/13 08:35 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: Phil Hoskins]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Phil Hoskins

Exactly what "by the Left" matches that on the right today? I do not recall the calls for assassination, demands for a birth certificate, racial slander, etc etc.

While there certainly is hatred from the left, I do not recall an entire major political party being hijacked by those haters such as the GOP has been by the tea partiers.

False equivalency IMO

Exactly. smile

#265684 - 11/24/13 09:19 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: Golem]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Rick and Phil, you're both missing the point - namely that I condemn "derangement syndromes" on both sides. IOW, I'm not defending ODS by the Right.

I'm not arguing about which side's derangement syndrome is better or worse than the other.

#265691 - 11/24/13 11:28 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline
veteran

Loc: Downey, California
Neither one is better or worse but I don't recall paramilitary groups and militias "going operational" as a response to a presidential election before.

No matter how much the Oath Keepers claim to be nonpartisan, one look at the comments section and youi come away thinking that the Secret Service and FBI probably have an entire WING in their buildings JUST devoted to keeping an eye on these guys.

They make military vets look bad too, because I know a lot of vets who wouldn't DREAM of expressing the kind of vile crap I see on boards like that. I even know a lot of vets who don't particularly like Obama, but that's the extent of it. They just say that they aren't fans of the guy...

But they're quick to add: "But he is the President and the Commander-In-Chief and therefore I respect him and that's that."

Reading these "patriot" boards is like a refresher course in the finer points of the UCMJ code for the "Big Chicken Dinner" at best and like a training course for domestic terrorism at worst.

---Benjamin Bratton

#265695 - 11/24/13 11:49 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: Golem]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Rick and Phil, you're both missing the point - namely that I condemn "derangement syndromes" on both sides. IOW, I'm not defending ODS by the Right.

I'm not arguing about which side's derangement syndrome is better or worse than the other.

Obviously you're missing the point. The two can't be equated. So you're trying to equate Benghazi, IRS, Fast and Furious non-issues with a war which cost our national treasury billions of dollars, cost hundreds of thousands of lives?

B-T-W, GW Bush had 13 Embassy mishaps where Americans lost their lives - did the Democrats make hay out of just one of them? Wigga, please.

#265696 - 11/24/13 11:53 PM Re: "Birther" Busted For Threatening To Kill Obama [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Neither one is better or worse but I don't recall paramilitary groups and militias "going operational" as a response to a presidential election before.

Exactly. How many presidents have been hounded with court action to produce their birth certificate? How many presidents, on the very day they are inaugurated, are conspired against to be a "one-term" president?

How many presidents have had 45+ filibusters? How many presidents have had appointments held-up simply because the person is not the right political party?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2