Current Topics
The Round Table For Week Of September 14th-September 20th, 2014
by california rick
Today at 12:17 AM
Chocolate Milk Isn't Just For Kids: How The Drink Helps Your Workout, Brain, And
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 08:03 PM
Defense of the GOP
by logtroll
Yesterday at 02:22 PM
'Supernanny' Jo Frost -- I Can Help Adrian Peterson ... Contacts NFL Execs
by Golem
Yesterday at 01:31 PM
P. J. O'Rourke: A Free Scotland Would Be a Hilarious Disaster
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 12:44 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2014
by Golem
09/18/14 09:56 PM
Historic 'Ghost Ships' Discovered Near Golden Gate Bridge
by california rick
09/18/14 09:51 PM
The Ten Commandments
by california rick
09/18/14 09:48 PM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by california rick
09/18/14 09:25 PM
Top 10 myths about the Constitution on Constitution Day
by NW Ponderer
09/18/14 10:22 AM
The GOP’s ‘not a scientist’ meme keeps spreading
by NW Ponderer
09/18/14 10:16 AM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
09/17/14 06:32 PM
Another Day, Another Quote Fabricated By Neil deGrasse Tyson
by rporter314
09/17/14 03:12 PM
The more inept you are the smarter you think you are
by rporter314
09/17/14 02:58 PM
War... what is it good for?
by Ardy
09/17/14 11:01 AM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14350 Topics
247635 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#265932 - 12/02/13 05:40 PM Capitalism is now officially a political system
logtroll Offline
old hand

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Fox news dittohead declares Capitalism to be a political system
Quote:
“I go to church to save my soul," said Fox News' Stuart Varney, who is an Episcopalian. "It’s got nothing to do with my vote. Pope Francis has linked the two. He has offered direct criticism of a specific political system. He has characterized negatively that system. I think he wants to influence my politics.”

#265934 - 12/02/13 07:37 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: logtroll]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
I don't recall anyplace in the Bible where Jesus said "church attendance = salvation". LOL Like sitting in your garage makes you a car!!!

OTOH, I do recall something along the lines of "whatever you did for the least of these my brothers, you did for me". Do you think maybe The Pope knows a little more about the tenants of the faith than Mr. Fox News Commentator?

Obviously a devout follower of Republican Jesus.

#265937 - 12/02/13 08:11 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: pondering_it_all]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Bay Area, California
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
Obviously a devout follower of Republican Jesus.

#265939 - 12/02/13 08:35 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: logtroll]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Quote:
In "Evangelii," Francis called for more of a spiritual and ethical revolution than a regulatory one.

If that is what he is calling for, and he is exhorting folks to voluntarily share more of their wealth, then more power to him. That is a primary message of the Gospel and keeps him squarely within his spiritual authority. If he is calling on pols to get 'spiritual' and expropriate the wealth of others by force, then he is playing politics and is fair game for political criticism. Probably best for him not to try to "serve two masters" and risk diluting his moral authority. Just my opinion.

#265941 - 12/02/13 08:46 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: logtroll]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

By the way, the title of the thread doesn't match the title of the linked article. coffee

#265946 - 12/02/13 09:29 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: issodhos]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: issodhos
By the way, the title of the thread doesn't match the title of the linked article. coffee

Oh, noes! shocked
Quote:
The title of the thread should accurately reflect the content of the post. If the sole subject of the new topic is a published article, the title of your thread should be the title of the article. Inflammatory titles are not allowed.

I think the title accurately reflected the content of the post, which was a quote from an article... the focus of the article is actually different from the quote, so reflecting the primary content of the article in the title would have not have reflected the content of the post. But thanks for caring! ThumbsUp

What did you think about the op subject, which was that a FN guy thinks that Capitalism is a political system that people vote for? I'm truly curious to see if you can comment on the topic, which I thought would be of interest to you (ya'll being somewhat of an anal labels and roolz kinda guy, and all). Hmmm?

#265952 - 12/02/13 10:23 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: logtroll]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: logtroll

I think the title accurately reflected the content of the post, which was a quote from an article... the focus of the article is actually different from the quote, so reflecting the primary content of the article in the title would have not have reflected the content of the post.

what an interesting -- er -- distinction, 'troll. I'll have to see how that works for me. :-)

Quote:
What did you think about the op subject, which was that a FN guy thinks that Capitalism is a political system that people vote for? I'm truly curious to see if you can comment on the topic, which I thought would be of interest to you (ya'll being somewhat of an anal labels kinda guy, and all). Hmmm?

Well, keeping it simple out of courtesy, the fellow is typical of the establishment media as a whole, populated as it is by eunuchs reading 'news' in a feminized environment of emotion, feelings, and faux concern about the unwashed masses. Indeed, his comment sounds like something that would come out of the mouth of a run-of-the-mill 'prog' on one of the other establishment outlets (CNN, MSNBC, etc.). Help ya out any? coffee

#265954 - 12/02/13 10:31 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: issodhos]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Ahh, ever the artful dodger. I thought the question might be too simple for you. So complex!

Classical Libruls are phunny.

#265956 - 12/02/13 10:43 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: logtroll]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: logtroll
Ahh, ever the artful dodger. I thought the question might be too simple for you. So complex!

Classical Libruls are phunny.

And we have a sense of humor as well, 'troll. As to "dodging", there was nothing to dodge. The fellow made a stupid statement. If it confuses you, I am sorry. I cannot speak more plainly about what you seem to think is a discussable subject. ;-)
Yours in mirth,
Issodhos

#265962 - 12/02/13 11:45 PM Re: Capitalism is now officially a political system [Re: issodhos]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: issodhos
...The fellow made a stupid statement. ...

Splendid straight answer! (And I only had to edit out the 82% that was fluff!). Too bad the ditto heads aren't as perceptive and discriminating as we are. It is well for us intelligent folks to stick together, choirs are a beautiful thang. Bow

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 9 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2