Current Topics
Jim Hoft’s Unsourced Claim: Darren Wilson Had an “Orbital Blowout "
by logtroll
Today at 09:07 AM
WH: Round of golf after Foley video released doesn’t show depth of Obama’s grief
by Ardy
Today at 12:35 AM
Help me understand
by Ardy
Today at 12:30 AM
Presidential Vacations
by Ken Condon
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Another Dumb Idea From Los Angeles (paying people to vote)
by Spag-hetti
Yesterday at 09:48 PM
47 Movies We Can't Wait to See
by logtroll
Yesterday at 09:15 PM
Rising above the fray
by california rick
Yesterday at 12:18 PM
Fox doc vs. co-hosts on [Michelle Obama] weight line
by california rick
08/21/14 09:26 PM
St. Louis City police shoot, kill knife-wielding suspect
by NW Ponderer
08/21/14 09:08 PM
Curt Schilling Diagnosed With Mouth Cancer, Believes Chewing Tobacco Was Cause
by Scoutgal
08/21/14 03:49 PM
Let Obama Golf. No President Can Be Mr. Fix-It (and We Shouldn't Let Him Try).
by Ardy
08/21/14 12:30 PM
Police charity raffling semiautomatic rifle, pistol
by california rick
08/21/14 12:21 AM
Round Table For Week Of August 17th-August 23rd, 2014
by Spag-hetti
08/20/14 10:58 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
08/20/14 04:17 PM
Ferguson agitators
by rporter314
08/20/14 03:16 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14278 Topics
246971 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#267031 - 12/29/13 01:58 AM 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Bay Area, California

per Wikipedia:

Quote:
The "knockout game" is one of many names given to assaults in which, purportedly, one or more assailants attempt to knock out an unsuspecting victim, often with a single sucker punch, all for the amusement of the attackers and their accomplices. Other names given to assaults of this type include "knockout", "knockout king", "point 'em out, knock 'em out", "bomb", and "polar-bearing" or "polar-bear hunting"

'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge
Quote:
A white Houston-area man was arrested Thursday on federal hate crimes charges for allegedly shooting video of himself sucker-punching a 79-year-old black man in a "knockout game"-style attack...

...Authorities learned of the case because Barrett allegedly showed the video on the night of the attack to an off-duty arson investigator he had just met at a restaurant in nearby Folshear. According to the criminal complaint, Barrett asked the off-duty investigator and the woman with the investigator if they knew about the knockout game. He told them he played earlier that day, then showed them the video, prosecutors allege.

#267058 - 12/29/13 05:32 PM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: california rick

per Wikipedia:

[quote]The "knockout game" is one of many names given to assaults in which, purportedly, one or more assailants attempt to knock out an unsuspecting victim, often with a single sucker punch, all for the amusement of the attackers and their accomplices. Other names given to assaults of this type include "knockout", "knockout king", "point 'em out, knock 'em out", "bomb", and "polar-bearing" or "polar-bear hunting"

What the heck does "polar-bear hunting" have to do with the topic, rick?

As to the 'white' guy attacking the 'black' guy -- he was charged with a hate crime by the federal government and I suppose he will be charged with assault and battery at the state level, as well. I think hate crime legislation is bullshite since any such unprovoked attack is a crime (and probably rarely done out of love), but, that aside, since the attack was against a 79 year old person, I think attempted murder would be an acceptable charge. Come to think of it, I would think it a justifiable charge regardless of the age of the victim.

Not sure why you would think his being 'white' would afford him any protection.
Yours,
Issodhos

#267060 - 12/29/13 06:50 PM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: issodhos]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: issodhos
per Wikipedia:

Quote:
The "knockout game" is one of many names given to assaults in which, purportedly, one or more assailants attempt to knock out an unsuspecting victim, often with a single sucker punch, all for the amusement of the attackers and their accomplices. Other names given to assaults of this type include "knockout", "knockout king", "point 'em out, knock 'em out", "bomb", and "polar-bearing" or "polar-bear hunting"

What the heck does "polar-bear hunting" have to do with the topic, rick?

'Polar-bear hunting' is a subset within the genre of Knockout game.

#267065 - 12/29/13 08:40 PM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

A subset? What does that mean?

#267069 - 12/29/13 09:44 PM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: issodhos]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: issodhos

A subset? What does that mean?

You know, Issy, a group of things, people, actions, that is part of a larger group of things, people, actions. Hmm

#267070 - 12/29/13 10:18 PM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

You know, Issy, a group of things, people, actions, that is part of a larger group of things, people, actions. Hmm

You're losing me, rick. What does a group of polar bears have to do with knocking out people-type critters? Hmm

#267073 - 12/30/13 12:59 AM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: california rick]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Alright, Issy, I'll do what you would like me to do.

Polar-bear hunting is when a black American plays Knockout game on a white person. The "game" started out this way.

In anticipation of your next question, yes, while it is true that hate crime laws have existed since 1968, I can't tell you why earlier examples of Knockout games were not prosecuted on a federal level. I've read that the Conrad Barret case is the first case where it was admitted and recorded. Prior there had to be solid evidence of the motivation and that was difficult to come by. Conrad Barret basically gifted the evidence to law enforcement.

#267074 - 12/30/13 01:14 AM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: california rick]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

This case must have been on some Wignutsphere™ website, Greta has exploded with this case. The dipshytes are all...this is the first federal case and the guy is white and Holder hates white people.

Hang on Ranters, it's gonna become a bumpy ride.

#267113 - 01/01/14 08:14 AM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: california rick]
keysersoze Offline
journeyman

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/opinion/op_ed/2013/12/knockout_games_all_hate_crimes

Excerpt:

To narrow the subset even further, in some areas such as the Crown Heights neighborhood of New York, all of the victims were Jewish, a fact acknowledged by a police inspector, who blandly confirmed that “The only commonality is that basically all the victims were Jewish” — as if that were insignificant.

A New York City Council member went public with her sympathies — for the punchers, not the punchees.

Laurie Cumbo said that while she respected the Jewish community’s family values, she also recognized that “the accomplishments of the Jewish community triggers (sic) feeling of resentment.”

And so the American dream is stood on its head; start a family, work hard, get ahead — get knocked out by someone who resents you.

#267120 - 01/01/14 05:32 PM Re: 'Knockout game' attack leads to hate crime charge [Re: california rick]
issodhos Offline
Pooh-Bah

Alright, Issy, I'll do what you would like me to do.

Polar-bear hunting is when a black American plays Knockout game on a white person. The "game" started out this way.

What! You're kidding me, rick. Let me get this straight. The term, "polar bear hunting", is the name for the 'game' otherwise known as "the knockout game", in which packs of young cowardly 'black' thugs seek out a weak, sometimes elderly or female 'white' target and attack and sometime kill her/him for funnsies? And it originated in a pathological subculture within the 'black' underclass? And this has been going on for some time without being reported -- at least until a couple of Hasidic Jewish men were targeted? Prior to that, "polar bears" in general who did not fall within the victimhood hierarchy were fair game and attacks on them were not worthy of reportage by a media filled with progressive neutered 'white' males and their female counterparts? How strange. And, now that the origins and typical racial make up of the 'hunters' has been recently mentioned in various establishment 'news' outlets, there has been a mad scramble to come up with a story of a 'white' copycat 'blackbear hunt'? And the story you linked to is the "man bites dog" story they have been desperately searching for?

Gosh, I think this is going to require that I do some additional research just to see what the heck is going on. I mean, now that the Feds are getting involved, and all. Hmmm.... strange stuff? Hmm

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 13 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2