by Scoutgal
Yesterday at 03:24 PM
We erred in publishing cartoon
by Scoutgal
Yesterday at 02:07 PM
16 North Carolina Judges Quit Following State's Legalization of Gay Marriage
by Scoutgal
Yesterday at 12:56 PM
'The View's' Rosie O'Donnell vs. All of Her Co-Hosts Over Bill Cosby Rape Allega
by Golem
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
Jurors: 'Riverside Man Should Be Put To Death For Murdering, Torching Ex ...
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 10:57 AM
Genetic Testing
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:14 AM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14468 Topics
248709 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#269557 - 03/29/14 11:52 PM The Most and Least Liked TV Newscasters - From Scott Pelley to Chris Matthews
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA
Tony Maglio
The Wrap
March 28, 2014

Quote:
The latest edition in TheWrap's Q Score series reveals MSNBC's "Hardball" host is ranked dead last among his media peers

What do you want in a newscaster? Accuracy? Ethics? A voice of reason in times of duress?

Or do you just want to like your anchor?

If the last part is most important to you, then channel-surf no further than Scott Pelley of the "CBS Evening News." The newsman topped TheWrap‘s list of most and least-liked newscasters, based on survey results from the Q Scores company.

More

#269560 - 03/30/14 07:57 AM Re: The Most and Least Liked TV Newscasters - From Scott Pelley to Chris Matthews [Re: Golem]
NW Ponderer Offline
Pooh-Bah

There are statistics, and then there are meaningless statistics. Amusing as it is (and there are many ways to be amused by the article), I have always found "Q" ratings particularly meaningless. What is particularly interesting, though, is how uninformed the 1800 participants in the survey were. They are, though, probably typical Americans who are generally poorly informed about most things not celebrity-based. I'd be willing to bet most knew a great deal about the Kardashians, Paris Hilton and Justin Bieber.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#269565 - 03/30/14 10:45 AM Re: The Most and Least Liked TV Newscasters - From Scott Pelley to Chris Matthews [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Portland, Oregon
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
There are statistics, and then there are meaningless statistics. Amusing as it is (and there are many ways to be amused by the article), I have always found "Q" ratings particularly meaningless. What is particularly interesting, though, is how uninformed the 1800 participants in the survey were. They are, though, probably typical Americans who are generally poorly informed about most things not celebrity-based. I'd be willing to bet most knew a great deal about the Kardashians, Paris Hilton and Justin Bieber.

Probably red-staters and pockets of red-state thinking within blue states. Interesting though, media personalities, TV shows, and products whole value is set by this Q Score.

#269594 - 03/31/14 02:15 PM Re: The Most and Least Liked TV Newscasters - From Scott Pelley to Chris Matthews [Re: Golem]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
hmmm ... as i am not particularly interested in news commentary, i have not seen most of these folks to have formed an opinion, but some i have

intolerables
O'Really
Hannity
Matthews

tolerables
Cooper
Maddow

most of the rest i don't know and of the ones i have seen, well they are in the no opinion box

#269637 - 04/03/14 07:37 AM Re: The Most and Least Liked TV Newscasters - From Scott Pelley to Chris Matthews [Re: Golem]
keysersoze Offline
journeyman

Howard Beale.

#269643 - 04/03/14 09:29 AM Re: The Most and Least Liked TV Newscasters - From Scott Pelley to Chris Matthews [Re: keysersoze]
logtroll Offline
old hand

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: keysersoze
Howard Beale.

He was apparently quite a frictional character...

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2