by pdx rick
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Revenge of the Human Scum
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 07:58 PM
And we're off and running!
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 07:30 PM
POLL: Will Trump resign or stay and be impeached?
by perotista
11/16/19 02:25 AM
The Trump/Biden/Ukraine thing
by Jeffery J. Haas
11/15/19 03:43 AM
Apparently Trump wants to buy the UK National Health Service
by pondering_it_all
11/15/19 01:33 AM
Trump required to admit guilt in using Trump Foundation as piggy-bank
by jgw
11/14/19 09:23 PM
Yet another Trump scam
by pdx rick
11/09/19 06:46 PM
Why don't the Dems fight back?
by jgw
11/08/19 09:54 PM
Never-Before-Seen Trump Tax Documents Show Major Inconsistencies
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:03 AM
Ohio GOP charged with distributing phony sample ballots in election fraud
by pondering_it_all
11/06/19 05:00 AM
US budget deficit hits $984 billion, highest in 7 years
by jgw
11/05/19 08:22 PM
Republicans are publicly spreading the name of purported Ukraine whistle-blower
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:48 AM
Often more accurate than polls
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:29 AM
Public option vs Medicare for All
by pondering_it_all
11/05/19 04:27 AM
Why are the Democrats waiting?
by jgw
11/04/19 10:16 PM
MSNBC’s Touré: Romney Engaging In The ‘N.....izati
by logtroll
11/01/19 08:44 AM
Forum Stats
6283 Members
59 Forums
16734 Topics
291996 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 4 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#269932 - 04/14/14 02:31 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Clive Bundy doesn't need to be in the papers, he needs to be in skool. He's an idjit, an' needs sum edjimacation. Ah thinks the best edjimacation is had in jail. He'd larn a thing 'er two about "constraints on liberty," then.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#269933 - 04/14/14 02:46 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
Yup. I was contemplating his "position" this morning and wondered how you can have a right to 600,000 acres that you never paid for, don't have title to, and don't pay taxes on. What makes him so special that he has that right, yet nobody else does?

I did a little research on the history of the BLM over the weekend and, though the designated BLM has only been in existence since the late 1940's, it is the latest iteration in a long string of federal managers of that land, which entered the "ownership" of the U.S. long ago and was never transferred to other ownership. The Bundy family has always had to get some kind of permission from the federal government to use it.

Wonder if Cliven would rather pay property taxes on that land for the last 100 years, or if the $1.35 per AUM (animal unit month) grazing fee was cheaper (if he had been paying it).

Cows don't belong in that dry ecosystem, in any case, and never did belong there. It takes around 100 acres to support a cow there for part of the year. If Bundy had not been subsidized by the gummit he hates so much, he would have been out of business long ago.

#269934 - 04/14/14 03:07 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Clive Bundy doesn't need to be in the papers, he needs to be in skool. He's an idjit, an' needs sum edjimacation. Ah thinks the best edjimacation is had in jail. He'd larn a thing 'er two about "constraints on liberty," then.

Probably home-schooled. T-Partiers are into that sort of thing. coffee

#269935 - 04/14/14 03:13 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It's part of that whole "inbreeding" thang.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#269936 - 04/14/14 03:18 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
It's part of that whole "inbreeding" thang.

LOL Incest: It's a game the whole family can play. gobsmacked

#269937 - 04/14/14 03:30 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
logtroll Offline
veteran

I didn't watch all of this, but the two fellers give us more insight into their perspective and motivation. The first guy is having second thoughts about the Great Victory of U.S. Citizens against the evil gummit - thinks they might have been rubes. He also complains about bein' rilly tard an' havin' to sleep on the ground an' gittin' bit by lots little bugs. Guess the life of the rebel don't suit him none too well.

The second guy is all about how the militiaboys had 20 BLM youngsters outgunned 500 to 20 and had them "dead to rights" in inescapable crossfire if "they had tried anything". That's a little different than the po' ranchers a gittin' bullied by the armed feds narrative. His unquenched desire to have murdered all the BLMers is palpable.

Crazy bastids - I don't know how we have survived as a species for so long.

#269939 - 04/14/14 03:58 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Duck dynasty, kinda says it all, don't it?

#269945 - 04/14/14 11:11 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
18 U.S. Code § 2384 - Seditious conspiracy
If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

you the reader decide

Edited by rporter314 (04/14/14 11:12 PM)

#269947 - 04/14/14 11:42 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: rporter314]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
As I understand it, the ownership and the fees in arrears have already been litigated. I'm not citin' because I'm clarifyin'. A court has already decided. Law enforcement, BLM, whoever, is, after due warning, carrying out the decision of the court.

Time to look to the law. Unless somebody has something better, I'll take rporter's legal quote. The Bundy family certainly seems to be breaking some serious laws.

As for the others present? We all know how ill informed some people are. I bet they thought they were coming to the rescue of the downtrodden.

In the video I saw on TV, one of the demonstrators was obviously coaching the others -- shouting instructions, giving strategy explanations, videoing statements. Wonder where he got his expertise.

#269948 - 04/15/14 01:29 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: rporter314]
logtroll Offline
veteran

I would think that before committing a flagrant act of sedition that one would carefully examine the facts to determine if the cause was defensible and winnable under the Constitution, or if the underlying rationale was based upon alternative interpretations of the law, which have not prevailed in the last 225 years.

But there I go, thinking, when action is the word of the day.

Tantrums have their place as well, and almost always work to resolve issues. And what recourse have the jack-booted federal thugs left the cow-boys, with their illegal attempt to enforce the law? The BLM, with their unfair position of having the law on their side, is forcing the cow-boys and maliciousmen to throw a tantrum.

I shall go and join the revolution, as soon as I can get away. I believe I will stay in Vegas, though, having heard about the bugs and heat and stuff out there in the desert - maybe catch a Cirque du Soleil show during the the gaps in the action.

Page 4 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 24 25 >

Who's Online
1 registered (Jeffery J. Haas), 25 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Karen Haas, Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista
6283 Registered Users
A2