by pondering_it_all
08/20/17 01:52 AM
Cultural iconography
by pondering_it_all
08/20/17 01:28 AM
Hyde: Is Stanton the legit HR king if he hits 62? Even he wonders | Commentary
by Golem
08/18/17 07:00 PM
Trump resurrects tall tale about General Pershing and Muslims after Barcelona te
by jgw
08/18/17 06:51 PM
OJ Simpson Pop-Up Museum To Open In Chinatown
by Golem
08/18/17 04:09 PM
Forum Stats
6241 Members
57 Forums
16019 Topics
276241 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 8 of 25 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 >
Topic Options
#270049 - 04/18/14 04:32 AM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Well...well...well...

...it turns out that there was a similar case to this Clive Bundy case involving the Colvin Cattle Company of Nevada was resolved in federal court in 2006, during the Bush administration, with a judgement in favor of the Bureau of Land Management. There was no wailing about big government or tyranny then.

Why the difference?

Since the government that Bundy is defying is run by a Democratic chief executive (and a black one at that), RWingnuts have elevated Bundy to hero status with the added the false meme that the nature of the dispute is one that involves environmental issues rather than the failure to pay grazing fees as the law requires.

The National Review has gone off the rails and is featuring an article about sedition. Apparently lawlessness and treason is comforting to RWingnut, in small amounts, of course.

Now, if Clive Bundy were black, gay or poor, the RWingnuts could give a damn.

#270050 - 04/18/14 05:03 AM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Oh, I suspect they would care a great deal, Rick, as he would become Exhibit 1 in their exemplars of the "privileges" and "abuses" of minorities against the downtrodden whites, riches, or males.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#270051 - 04/18/14 05:05 AM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
Originally Posted By: california rick

Now, if Clive Bundy were black, gay or poor, the RWingnuts could give a damn.

Not True. If he were any of those things and tried to take from me or mine, like any Real American, I'd see him in jail.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#270053 - 04/18/14 06:00 AM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
Ardy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, Ca USA
I have wondered what the militia would do if they were running things and someone challenged their authority with guns.

#270054 - 04/18/14 12:10 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: california rick
The National Review has gone off the rails and is featuring an article about sedition. Apparently lawlessness and treason is comforting to RWingnut, in small amounts, of course.
I was completely unaware of the stunning similarities between Bundy and that rather dark-skinned seditionist Gandhi. I will have to refresh myself on the circumstances of the Indian government squashing Gandhi's ancestral rights to graze cattle for market consumption for free on government land. I'm ecstatic that the RWNutters are finally supporting an individual's right to get free sh!t from the government. I believe this apt comparison should also put to rest the silly notion that RWNutters are racists...

That legal case you cited, Monsieur Crick, is nothing but a load of unConstitutional frippery, more evidence why we need to overthrow the Lord and Massa Federal Gummit. Next thing the NSA will be coming after your goldfish!!! (If you leased the goldfish bowl from them and stopped paying the two cents per decade rent, that is.)

#270056 - 04/18/14 01:24 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
Those militia types sure support Bundy's right to swing from the public teat. Guess some things are hard to recognize when seen up close.

#270060 - 04/18/14 02:26 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
Oh, I suspect they would care a great deal, Rick, as he would become Exhibit 1 in their exemplars of the "privileges" and "abuses" of minorities against the downtrodden whites, riches, or males.

I suspect that your are right NW_P. There'd comments about "Obama Phones" too.

#270061 - 04/18/14 03:24 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#270062 - 04/18/14 03:55 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
The malicia won alright - they won the opportunity to be prosecuted for some much more serious crimes than Bundy's already lost trespass charges. Any of them that have any sense will be happy later, when they come down off of their insanity high, that they didn't murder some of the BLM guys in the process.

I suppose they could consider it quite an epic achievement that 20 BLM guys kept their cool and avoided bloodshed. Or they could respect the professionalism that the BLM guys exhibited. NOT!

#270065 - 04/18/14 05:24 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
Wow. With all the things we fear, this is the latest attack on our soil. And this revolting malicia (thanks Logtroll) is being defended/applauded by right-wing media hosts. They sure don't match what the right wingers tell us we should fear and loathe.

From what I saw, they are uniformly white. What's to fear from white Americans?

The Bundys are native-born Americans, been here for generations, and I bet the same is true for the malicia. At any rate, there have been no reports of involvement by those illegal aliens and recent immigrants we're supposed to fear.

I'm pretty sure the gay community is not well represented. We're really afraid of them, aren't we?

The malicia has God on its side. Somehow. No, that can't be. Three times in the New Testament, Jesus is reported as saying, basically, Give Caesar what's his and give God what's his. (Matthew 22:21, Mark 12:17, Luke 20:25) And if that wasn't clear enough, Romans 13:7 spells it out clearly, "Render therfore to all their dues, tribute to whom tribute is due, custome to whome custome, feare to whome feare, honour to whom honour. (King James Version)

Holy Crap! They aren't Christians! They are terrorists deeply embedded in the cowboy community. They have been biding their time, waiting for the unsuspecting government to stumble into their trap.

It just seems so weird that they are exercising the rights given by the very government that they want to tear down. Since they don't follow the teachings of Jesus, and they hate this government, maybe they could ask themselves, "What would Putin do?" The right wing REALLY seems to admire him.

Page 8 of 25 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 24 25 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 26 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Albertpkr, kechua, burkha, bikrami, inekifoh
6241 Registered Users
A2