by Ardy
Today at 01:15 AM
What the Haters Got Wrong About Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Comments on GMOs
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
The 3 Dumbest Things About Whole Foods Market
by Ken Condon
Yesterday at 11:03 PM
‘Thunderstruck?’: Missouri Governor Helped Ferguson Get Surplus Military Equipme
by Scoutgal
Yesterday at 06:32 PM
Fox's Outnumbered Hosts Explode at Geraldo for 'Irresponsible' Ferguson Comments
by logtroll
Yesterday at 05:57 PM
The Outer Limits: The New Breed (1995)
by Golem
Yesterday at 03:36 PM
Ferguson, what's going on ?
by Ardy
Yesterday at 02:14 PM
Redskins Run Onto Field Before Game with Hands Up for Michael Brown
by Scoutgal
Yesterday at 01:59 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2014
by Golem
Yesterday at 12:24 PM
Homelessness
by Ardy
Yesterday at 12:23 PM
Thanks, Ferguson, MO Cop, MO Needed to Look Worse
by california rick
Yesterday at 06:11 AM
WNBA stars Brittney Griner, Glory Johnson announce they are engaged
by pondering_it_all
08/18/14 09:54 PM
Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: The Coming Race War Won’t Be About Race
by Jeffery J. Haas
08/18/14 09:05 PM
'The Expendables 3' tanks at the box office: 5 things that went wrong
by Golem
08/18/14 04:59 PM
Forum Stats
6003 Members
55 Forums
14267 Topics
246913 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 01:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#270560 - 05/09/14 01:16 PM 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA

#270565 - 05/09/14 04:41 PM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: Golem]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Bay Area, California

White conservatives tend to discount black American's names. Why is that?

#270578 - 05/10/14 10:02 AM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: CA USA
Originally Posted By: california rick

White conservatives tend to discount black American's names. Why is that?

It's not just Black Americans whose names are discounted-White Americans and Asian names are also suffering the same-and not just from Conservatives.

Apple and Moses-the daughter and son of Gwyneth Paltrow

Elijah Blue-the son of Cher

Dweezil and Moon Unit Zappa-the son and daughter of Frank Zappa

Ima Hogg-the First Lady of Texas(daughter of Big Jim Hogg)

And in my mother's family, all of my great aunts and uncles and my grandmother were named after famous historical people. I had an Uncle Admiral Dewey(Admiral was his actual first name), an Aunt Clara Barton, an aunt Florence Nightingale, and my own grandma was Queen Pearlie Victoria(and yes, "Queen" was her first name)

On my father's side, I have cousin Wing, Cousin Ding(put those two together), Hong, Fong and I even have an Uncle Ben(last name Wong)

There is a produce company down here for Asian markets called Chung Hung Lo Produce Company-I kid you not-The company has this painted on their delivery trucks.

Save your breath-You may need it to blow up your date.

#270581 - 05/10/14 10:49 AM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: Golem]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Remember the Asiana Flight 214 crash at SFO last summer and the KTVU on-air newsreader read the "names" of the pilots over the air?

#270587 - 05/10/14 02:16 PM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: Scoutgal]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Scoutgal
It's not just Black Americans whose names are discounted-White Americans and Asian names are also suffering the same-and not just from Conservatives.

True, but their focus is generally on black Americans first, although everyone non-white is their target. Their invitation to the 15th Annual White Privilege Conference won't be coming any time soon. Check your white privilege bigots.

#270591 - 05/10/14 08:14 PM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

True, but their focus is generally on black Americans first, although everyone non-white is their target. Their invitation to the 15th Annual White Privilege Conference won't be coming any time soon. Check your white privilege bigots.

Baloney. Ima Hogg, Dweezil and Moon Unit Zappa, Elijah Blue and Apple and Moses Martin are all white. And their names were made fun of as soon as they were introduced to the public. The same with all of my maternal great aunts and uncles. This only proves that people are willing to name their kids unique names, no matter who they are. And that people are willing to make fun of names, no matter whom the names belong to,

#270594 - 05/10/14 08:18 PM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: Scoutgal]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Baloney. Ima Hogg, Dweezil and Moon Unit Zappa, Elijah Blue and Apple and Moses Martin are all white. And their names were made fun of as soon as they were introduced to the public. The same with all of my maternal great aunts and uncles. This only proves that people are willing to name their kids unique names, no matter who they are. And that people are willing to make fun of names, no matter whom the names belong to,

The topic was white conservatives who get into a snit over ethnic names to which you initially agreed. I simply further developed our discussion, before you apparently now back-peddle. I don't see minorities starting threads about ethnic names, but I do see white conservatives starting such threads.

#270595 - 05/10/14 08:52 PM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: california rick]
Scoutgal Offline
Administrator
Carpal Tunnel

The topic was white conservatives who get into a snit over ethnic names to which you initially agreed. I simply further developed our discussion, before you apparently now back-peddle. I don't see minorities starting threads about ethnic names, but I do see white conservatives starting such threads.

My point(no backpedaling here) is that people will make make fun of anyone's names. And it seems that ridiculous names were started by white people. You were making the point that Conservatives only make fun of Black people's names. I'm saying that ain't so.

#270601 - 05/10/14 09:58 PM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: Scoutgal]
california rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

...You were making the point that Conservatives only make fun of Black people's names. I'm saying that ain't so.

Read what I wrote again:

Quote:
...their focus is generally on black Americans first, although everyone non-white is their target.

#270605 - 05/10/14 11:35 PM Re: 2014 NFL draft includes Jadeveon Clowney, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Darqueze Dennard [Re: california rick]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Rick--Do you have any idea how obnoxious you are? Of course not! I would assume you look at yourself while you do whatever you do. But somehow-- I think not. That sight might take you a-back.

You are over the top obnoxious--- but I am most assured you love to read your own posts-as you post like vomitous. And dwell upon yourself. A bit of advise. Get over yourself before someone else does.

Edited by Ken Condon (05/10/14 11:36 PM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 28 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
xiawei, Marzman, kyleyoung8, Retread, solafeian
6003 Registered Users
A2