by pdx rick
10/17/19 01:12 PM
Why do humans fight so much?
by Greger
10/15/19 02:13 PM
Global warming predictions
by logtroll
10/13/19 08:47 PM
Turkey's Erdogan threatens to release millions of refugees into Europe over crit
by pdx rick
10/12/19 07:35 PM
Partisans' Trust in Legislative Branch Has Shifted in Past Year
by perotista
10/11/19 03:37 AM
Trump unleashes ISIS in Kurd Country
by Greger
10/10/19 05:31 PM
SF Board of Supervisors declare NRA a domestic terrorist organization
by NW Ponderer
10/09/19 03:08 PM
Is it too soon to be talking 2020?
by chunkstyle
10/07/19 02:44 PM
Forum Stats
6282 Members
59 Forums
16715 Topics
290995 Posts

Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 23 of 25 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 >
Topic Options
#270679 - 05/14/14 04:29 AM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
Ardy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, Ca USA
But again it really just doesn't matter does it
You mix in all the various ideological catch phrases
Turn on the blender
Voila

Anyone remember the bass o matic from Saturday night live

[video:youtube]V=0BQFv83QJ2Y[/video]

Edited by Ardy (05/14/14 04:42 AM)

#270696 - 05/14/14 10:16 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

In looking more at this issue, I found that Bundy had lost his argument.... with Clark County as well (so much for agreeing with "local authorities"). Everything you need to know about the long fight between Cliven Bundy and the federal government
Quote:
To protect an endangered tortoise, Clark County has set aside habitat by buying and retiring all of the government grazing leases in Gold Butte. But Bundy still runs his cows through here, even though since 1993 he has been ordered to desist because he has no permit.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#270698 - 05/15/14 12:51 AM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
CHB-OG

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Quote:
To protect an endangered tortoise, Clark County has set aside habitat by buying and retiring all of the government grazing leases in Gold Butte. But Bundy still runs his cows through here, even though since 1993 he has been ordered to desist because he has no permit.

Moocher renegade.

#270985 - 05/29/14 12:13 AM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Online   happy

It's the Despair Quotient!
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Did anyone else see this yet?
Rush Limbaugh got PUNKED big time the other day, and it's pretty damn funny.
He got OWNED.

Please share if you feel motivated to!

The only people pushing the Athenian Straw Man Nonexistent Threat of Slippery Slope Windyfoggery (ASMNSSW) RE DEMOCRACY are people who have a misunderstanding/problem or hatred of democracy. (See AUTHORITARIANS)

#270986 - 05/29/14 05:49 AM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
Ardy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, Ca USA
Had not heard rush for a long time

Seemed like he is living in an alternate reality
Delusional

If I did not know who he was
I could believe he lives in a psych ward

Edited by Ardy (05/29/14 06:00 AM)

#270988 - 05/29/14 12:32 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: Ardy]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
How to deal with people who live in alternate realities, who seem like they could be in a psych ward, but instead are participating members of society?

I often wonder, is the human condition getting worse? Or do we pass through life as in a fog, continually rediscovering scenes of the insanity play as they emerge, thinking that they are new phenomenon only because we have largely forgotten the previous scenes?

#270991 - 05/29/14 02:08 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I think the GOP is suffering from dimentia: slowly losing its grip on reality from spending time in another dimension.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#270995 - 05/29/14 06:09 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: Ardy]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
i listen more often than i care to admit

here is how he works ... there is a presidential bash engine ... he takes anything resembling a fact and feeds it in ... out comes the hamburger of his reality

unfortunately i am convinced he actually believes what he says

today he amazed me ... he talked about American exceptionalism and yet he had no clue what it was .... have to guess he never read de Tocqueville ... simply amazing

#271021 - 05/31/14 04:52 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: pdx rick]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
Rick started this thread on April 11, 2014. A month and a half have passed. So ... where's the justice? Did Bundy win? Would it be OK for other Americans to flout the law? I don't get it.

#271028 - 05/31/14 06:59 PM Re: Militias ‘mobilizing’ to support embattled Clark County rancher [Re: Spag-hetti]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: One of the Mexicos
There does seem to be a dearth of information on the subject. As near as I can tell, the FBI and DOJ are looking into the armed resistance stuff and the BLM is pursuing a contempt of court judgment against Bundy for which he could be arrested and jailed.

I seriously doubt that no further action will be the result, but the action could be glacial in speed. The guns aren't going to help when it is the IRS rounding up Bundy's non-cow assets. I would assume that Bundy is already on a cash-and-barter-only economy, what with IRS vacuums in any bank accounts he might have and even the cattle sale ring removed from his use in generating income. Remember, the cows are now effectively owned by the U.S. Gummit, which was rounding them up to sell and recover the judgment. Anyone who buys them from Bundy will be buying stolen federal property, unless they give the money to the court. Kinda impacts the market value, wot?

As for the gun-pointers, their piper payment moments may come when a county sheriff pulls them over for a taillight out and then says, "Hmmmm, seems to be a federal warrant against you for threatening an officer of the law with a deadly weapon in Nevada back in April... would you please step out of the car?"

If things go right with this, there may not be much for news.

Page 23 of 25 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 15 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Snarky_Politics, Moot, Ikari, perotista, ttwtt78640
6282 Registered Users
A2