by logtroll
Today at 12:48 PM
Sanders Medicare Thing
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:41 AM
Why America’s 1994 deal with North Korea failed – and what Trump canlearnfromit
by matthew
Yesterday at 09:05 PM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 06:03 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 05:24 PM
What Trump Really Eats For Dinner, According to Chef David Burke
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 03:39 AM
Round Table For September 2017
by Ken Condon
Yesterday at 01:05 AM
Happy Birthday, United States Air Force
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:46 PM
The Broken Government
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 10:39 PM
The Olympics Are Actually Going to Be Terrible For Los Angeles
by Jeffery J. Haas
09/18/17 06:46 PM
The Equifax Hack
by pondering_it_all
09/18/17 12:49 AM
Twin Peaks
by jgw
09/17/17 08:20 PM
Trump Admin parsing words on Climate Change
by pondering_it_all
09/17/17 06:19 AM
China-Like Wages Now Part Of U.S. Employment Boom
by pondering_it_all
09/16/17 08:53 PM
LA City Council votes to replace Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day
by pondering_it_all
09/16/17 08:49 PM
Forum Stats
6247 Members
57 Forums
16044 Topics
276582 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#276962 - 02/25/15 05:10 AM IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American?
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

FOX news is owned by a foreigner!* Isn't that, really, pretty telling? Why is it that in its coverage it deliberately targets foreigners when its own owner is an immigrant? It does explain, however, why its views are so unAmerican. (I say all this because it is exactly the take FOX would have.)

I say "ANTI"-American because so many of the views expressed are directly in opposition to the interests of the United States and contrary to the principles of the Constitution. And, it is not just because the "news" is so obviously partisan. Rather, it is because its bias seems to be engineered to weaken the fabric of American society. I believe that Rupert Murdoch is, actually, a foreign agent whose purpose is to weaken the United States. Does anyone have evidence to the contrary? That, of course, means that all of the anchors and personalities on the network are co-conspirators and collaborators.

* Albeit a naturalized American, who did so because he couldn't own TV stations in the US otherwise. I should note, however, that FOX would never footnote such a fact, nor acknowledge any omission or slant.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#276963 - 02/25/15 06:34 AM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Having blogged on a Fox News blog (Greta Corp Blog)for two years now, I can tell you that the wing nuts will chastise you because you're the anti-American homosexual liberal scum sewer dweller who lives in your mother's basement and don't have a job and you and your free Obama phone and your constant give-me's - AND - they are the patriots.

(Cue Star Spangled Banner)

NOTE: Yes, all Liberals are homosexual who live in their mother's basement per Greta bloggers

#276965 - 02/25/15 02:23 PM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Online   content
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Is it American to have a basement?

I do not have one?

#276969 - 02/25/15 04:46 PM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I have a son living in my basement, how does that fit in? I spent 30 years in uniform, how does that fit in? I own more than one gun... and yet, I do believe in supporting my fellow man. I don't think all mooslims are terrorists. I understand the utility of taxes. My attitude is reflected in this Soldier's reaction: [video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D3di8Vw15XY#t=291[/video]

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#276995 - 02/26/15 02:31 AM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
We doesn't have much in the way of basements here in Floriduh.

Right now I could walk out in my yard, dig a hole a foot deep and find water.

But I do have a youngen living here, a registered Democrat with a job who can't even begin to afford a place of her own on the meager wages paid for entry level positions these days.

#277004 - 02/26/15 04:49 PM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ardy Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: San Jose, Ca USA
jon stewart weighs in on the topic.

a video clip embedded in article

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/26/jon-stewart-fox-news-american-sniper-snub

#277010 - 02/26/15 07:39 PM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

That was some of the Most Awesome-ist Jon Stewart EVER!!!!

#277011 - 02/26/15 08:07 PM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I started this thread because I really do not understand why FOX hates America so much. Is it for our freedoms? Why do they expend so much effort to destroy American values, to distort, to lie, to corrupt, to create division. Are they a Fifth Column that presages an invasion, weakening the structure of American society, sabotaging all that is good and decent? Clearly they can't all believe the naked lies they spew. I can only conclude that it is an insidious plot to weaken America.

#277012 - 02/26/15 08:45 PM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: NW Ponderer]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I started this thread because I really do not understand why FOX hates America so much. Is it for our freedoms? Why do they expend so much effort to destroy American values, to distort, to lie, to corrupt, to create division. Are they a Fifth Column that presages an invasion, weakening the structure of American society, sabotaging all that is good and decent? Clearly they can't all believe the naked lies they spew. I can only conclude that it is an insidious plot to weaken America.
I think it is nothing more than a naked, successful business model.

I still recall (maybe with a bit of mis-remembering, ala Bill and Brian, who knows?) an interview of Rush Limbaugh on 60 Minutes, or some such show, at the outset of his blossoming as a Right WingNut. The question was, "Why do you say such outrageous crap, do you really believe what you say?" His answer was, "Because people eat it up. I don't believe it, but they do, and they want more of it. I find it very entertaining personally, and it's making me filthy rich!"

#277013 - 02/26/15 09:08 PM Re: IS FOX News Deliberately Anti-American? [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr, asoso
6247 Registered Users
A2