Current Topics
Saudi Arabia - yet again
by Ujest Shurly
7 minutes 26 seconds ago
South African hunter WAS killed by a crocodile, DNA tests on human remains found
by logtroll
Today at 12:16 AM
Trump Forum
by logtroll
Today at 12:13 AM
fix the telemarketing thing
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 08:44 PM
15 Worst Star Trek Episodes Of All Time
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 06:05 PM
Trump and Russia
by rporter314
Yesterday at 03:13 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
05/22/17 04:28 PM
Trump's Great Speech
by pondering_it_all
05/22/17 12:33 AM
American Nations
by Greger
05/21/17 08:14 PM
Next Trump Clusterfork: Tax Reform
by Greger
05/21/17 03:55 AM
just stuff - maps
by jgw
05/20/17 06:22 PM
Seth MacFarlane Is Headed to Space with 'The Orville' on Fox
by Golem
05/20/17 04:28 PM
How is Trump President?!
by Ken Condon
05/20/17 05:41 AM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by pondering_it_all
05/19/17 06:26 PM
Is this the most violent movie year in history?
by rporter314
05/19/17 05:30 PM
Forum Stats
6220 Members
57 Forums
15911 Topics
274743 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#290003 - 07/19/16 12:52 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: matthew]
Ezekiel Offline
old hand

Loc: New York
This turns the stomach of any decent human being. For those who wonder where the division lies, feast your eyes on this sorry excuse for humankind.
Racism doesn't exist in the U.S. anymore. It's all the fault of those uppity blacks.

I'm so glad I didn't witness this, or I'd have to appeal to y'all for bail money.

Racist Rant

You can thank the Republithugs, Trump and their ilk for the this type of sickness.

Edited by Ezekiel (07/19/16 12:54 PM)

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

#290004 - 07/19/16 01:20 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: Ezekiel]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
Like that beautiful black teenager said, "It's real, ya'll."

#290030 - 07/20/16 02:16 AM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: Ezekiel]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
Yeah, if it wasn't for our Black President there would be no racism in America... ROTFMOL

#290070 - 07/21/16 02:28 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: Ezekiel]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
This one is about as bad as you can get.

Quote:
Cell phone video released Wednesday shows the moments before and after a black South Florida caregiver laying on his back with his hands in the air was shot by a North Miami Police officer, as he was trying to calm an autistic patient.

"My client asked why did you shoot me? The officer told my client, 'I don't know,' that was his words verbatim," attorney Hilton Napoleon said. "Another officer asked, 'Why did you shoot this guy?' and the shooting officer said he didn't know why he shot him."

So, when in doubt, shoot the black guy who is lying on the ground with his hands up.

#290071 - 07/21/16 02:29 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces? [Re: matthew]
Ezekiel Offline
old hand

Quote:

Freude!
Freude!

Freude, schöner Götterfunken
Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken,
Himmlische, dein Heiligtum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder
Was die Mode streng geteilt;
Alle Menschen werden Brüder,
Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

#290072 - 07/21/16 02:30 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: Spag-hetti]
Ezekiel Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: Spag-hetti
This one is about as bad as you can get.

Quote:
Cell phone video released Wednesday shows the moments before and after a black South Florida caregiver laying on his back with his hands in the air was shot by a North Miami Police officer, as he was trying to calm an autistic patient.

"My client asked why did you shoot me? The officer told my client, 'I don't know,' that was his words verbatim," attorney Hilton Napoleon said. "Another officer asked, 'Why did you shoot this guy?' and the shooting officer said he didn't know why he shot him."

So, when in doubt, shoot the black guy who is lying on the ground with his hands up.

It never f$ckin' stops, does it?

Dostoevsky

#290076 - 07/21/16 04:49 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: matthew]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
I know why the cop shot him: Because police departments hire moronic racists.

I hope that care-giver buys a nice house with his compensation.

#290077 - 07/21/16 05:24 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: matthew]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I agree that this was an outrageous incident of incompetence, and fortunately the wound was not (physically) serious, but it has nothing to do with THIS thread, does it?

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#290079 - 07/21/16 05:59 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: matthew]
Ezekiel Offline
old hand

Doesn't it?

Dostoevsky

#290081 - 07/21/16 06:35 PM Re: Who will protect Main Street, USA from militarized police forces?a [Re: matthew]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Nope. I guess there are a few dots missing to connect.

MY point is that the "militarization" of the police is a completely separate issue from racism/training of beat cops.

Whoever shot was just incompetent/poorly trained (or both). I even doubt that it was racially motivated, despite being in North Miami. The cop had his finger on the trigger when he shouldn't have. They were responding to a citizen claim of a man with a gun. The autistic patient was yelling and not responding (which is autism) and his caregiver was doing all he could to de-escalate the situation. The cop f'ed up. Bad situation, bad outcome. But given recent events, one can expect cops to be more on edge.

We have other threads that are more on topic.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 42 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
agentfity, ojixadybi, tjgraylaw, AndyEmisa, lubluodPix
6220 Registered Users
A2