Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 40 of 41 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 >
Topic Options
#301891 - 06/26/17 08:28 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
As expected, I have not seen much damage yet that can't be reversed by a new administration. Congressional Republicans are actually worse than Trump, maybe because they are actual politicians and know how to do stuff. The most acute damage in the long run is denying Obama his Supreme Court pick.

Sure, the rest of the world thinks we are insane. But they were so grateful to get rid of Bush, they gave Obama the Nobel! Imagine what they do when the next Democrat wins.

#301894 - 06/26/17 11:54 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: pondering_it_all]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
I have not seen much damage yet

I argue this pre-election, however I did not foresee a group of advisors who wanted to bring down America, but as you say, most of what he has done has been by way of EO's, so that can be easily remedied

Quote:
Congressional Republicans are actually worse than Trump
I think I also argued this pre-election, however, because he is easily manipulated he is and probably will be a tool of their agenda i.e. notice how he thinks the Republican proposals on HC are better than ACA, but you are correct the SC picks will be a major impact on the near future of America .... can you imagine religion will become imposed on people

It is hard to say which is more impactful or damaging to our country, SC or foreign policy, as I continue to bat that around my wee small brain

#301900 - 06/27/17 12:34 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I've not gotten over the blatant abuse of the constitution that Gorsuch represents. McConnell is a sick, power-mad egoist. Do you notice that, consistently, Republican leaders talk about the "Republican" agenda, never about what's good for Americans. They are creating a sterile, nonfunctional nation. Immigration will not be a problem, citizens and non-citizens alike will be clamoring to leave.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#301905 - 06/27/17 01:43 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
Spag-hetti Offline

Loc: Middle, USA
Worst case scenario? Jared Kushner is the evil doll from the movie The Boy.

#301907 - 06/27/17 03:05 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: Spag-hetti]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Hey now wait a minnit. This is the one and only Jared Kushner that is on the verge of ushering in lasting peace between the Palestinians and the Israelis.

He is ever so close to having them agree on a historic accord. Gandhi would be proud. Not to mention old D. Ben-Gurion hisself!

#301911 - 06/27/17 06:13 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Beside the obvious, I suspect Kushner may have brought the God patent with him when he talked to Abbas and implicitly and in a quiet voice suggested Israel really wants to annex the west bank but are still trying to figure out how to handle the issue of all those Palestinians who would be citizens. I guess the obvious never occurred to Kushner i.e. just deny them citizenship and take the land.

Ahhh ... peace in the ME ... who would have thought it could be so easy

#301941 - 06/29/17 08:43 AM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: rporter314]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I began this thread with the complaint that Trump was appointing the least competent and most inappropriate people to cabinet posts. This has proved very true. What has become equally clear it that his judicial appointments are equally bad. Neil Gorsuch should not only NOT be an Associate Justice, he shouldn't be a judge at ANY level. In his dissents so far, he has shown to be dishonest, as well as incredibly shallow in his legal analysis. E.g.,
Gorsuch’s First Anti-Gay Dissent Has a Huge Factual Error—and Terrible, Dishonest Logic. I'd commend anyone with a modicum of interest to read both the decision and dissent - both are short - Pavan v. Smith. A first year law student wouldn't do that bad, even at liberty university.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#301944 - 06/29/17 02:22 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

I don;t know why you are surprised. J Gorsuch obviously lied by omission during confirmation. I think every one knew precisely what he represents and as far as social issues it was clear he is a fundamentalist styled conservative. His personal opinions and beliefs are his legal opinions and beliefs

#302022 - 07/04/17 02:10 AM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: rporter314]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I just went into a full-fledged depression at the prospect....Republicans just quietly got some very good Supreme Court news - WaPo (subscription). Or, just go to their source: Justice Neil Gorsuch Votes 100 Percent Of The Time With Most Conservative Colleague -npr. The gist is, "it is unlikely that Kennedy will remain on the court for the full four years of the Trump presidency." That, my friends, induces a cold sweat. The Supreme Court will be ruined for our lifetimes.

#302040 - 07/05/17 12:25 AM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
TatumAH Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
I just went into a full-fledged depression The gist is The Supreme Court will be ruined for our lifetimes.

You are way behind me in the morose state of mind pondering the inevitability of a purrsistent 7/2 SCROTUS, that will outlive us, and the damage that will result! Drink Up!

Who says there is a downside to cheating? It obviously works just fine. Praise JESUS! The Lord works in mysterious ways, his wonders to perpetrate.

Tat

Edited by TatumAH (07/05/17 12:37 AM)

Page 40 of 41 < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 29 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2