by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 01:28 AM
Trump Forum
by rporter314
08/18/17 10:17 PM
Hyde: Is Stanton the legit HR king if he hits 62? Even he wonders | Commentary
by Golem
08/18/17 07:00 PM
Trump resurrects tall tale about General Pershing and Muslims after Barcelona te
by jgw
08/18/17 06:51 PM
OJ Simpson Pop-Up Museum To Open In Chinatown
by Golem
08/18/17 04:09 PM
CONFIRMED: 2016 was Earth's hottest year in the record books
by pondering_it_all
08/18/17 01:40 AM
24 Novels That Are Crying Out To Be Turned Into A TV Series
by matthew
08/17/17 11:39 PM
Standing Ovations for Triumphant Dennis Prager, Conducting at Disney Hall
by Golem
08/17/17 06:06 PM
Forum Stats
6241 Members
57 Forums
16016 Topics
276212 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#297609 - 12/23/16 06:16 PM Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry -npr. A couple of points: at least no one was killed; and I'm going to pre-judge the situation - the officer needs to be suspended.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#297627 - 12/24/16 09:05 PM Re: Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

So common, no comment?

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#297630 - 12/24/16 09:56 PM Re: Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ezekiel Offline
old hand

Loc: New York
Honestly I think he should be fired - not the way a public servant should behave.
I'm so tired - day after day - I see another hashtag and have to look at the faces of poor people being abused. Sometimes I feel like I CAN'T BREATH.

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

#297632 - 12/25/16 01:13 AM Re: Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

That behaviour is unacceptable, period. I'm glad it was recorded. Now, let's see what Fort Worth does with it.

This is not encouraging: Police chief: Fort Worth officer acted ‘rude’ but not racist.

Edited by NW Ponderer (12/25/16 01:22 AM)

#297637 - 12/25/16 04:34 PM Re: Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ezekiel Offline
old hand

No it certainly is not rolleyes - so not rude is when you apologize for killing an unarmed person? Ridiculous !!!!

"The cleverest of all, in my opinion, is the man who calls himself a fool at least once a month."
Dostoevsky

#297728 - 12/28/16 09:51 PM Re: Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry [Re: NW Ponderer]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
We obviously have a problem with the police. I am reminded of the common complaint of the police; "People must talk to us for us to be able to do our jobs". I think that is valid. The problem seems to be, for some, that if they talk to the police its likely they they may get arrested or even worse. This, I believe, is due to a history of supporting police no matter what they do and some police seem to believe this means that they can do anything they want to do.

I also believe that the message has been delivered and the police are trying to clean up their actions. I also think that its not all that easy to change a culture that has had 100 years to mature but I think they are working on it and, over time, will, hopefully, get the job done.

Just saying................

#297732 - 12/29/16 03:36 AM Re: Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry [Re: jgw]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Somewhat related: Video appears to show Fort Worth, Texas police shooting man as he walks away. Isolated incidents? I think not. It amazes me that six months after the shooting, the internal "investigation" continues. How f&#$'n difficult can it be? IT'S ON TAPE.

#297737 - 12/29/16 10:59 AM Re: Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry [Re: NW Ponderer]
Ezekiel Offline
old hand

If recent events have proven ANYTHING it is that in cop-related shootings having a clear video of what happened doesn't mean shyte. There is always some cock and bull story that they come up with. They are playing with fire. The reaction is not going to be pretty.

Dostoevsky

#297738 - 12/29/16 11:11 AM Re: Video Of Woman's Arrest In Texas Sparks Anger And Internal Police Inquiry [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Between the behavior of LEOs currently and going back to the past five years (...and juries acquitting cops bad behaviors) and Trump's presidency - there will be civil unrest for the next few or more years. It's not going to be pretty.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 40 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Albertpkr, kechua, burkha, bikrami, inekifoh
6241 Registered Users
A2