by NW Ponderer
10/17/17 05:10 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Golem
10/17/17 03:19 PM
'Star Trek: Discovery' Drops Franchise's First F-Bomb
by Ken Condon
10/17/17 03:48 AM
The Surprising Way a Confederate Submarine Crew Died at the Hands of Its Own Wea
by logtroll
10/16/17 03:35 PM
Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer writes open letter to Trump, Kaepernick, NFL and Ameri
by Ujest Shurly
10/15/17 06:55 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/15/17 06:24 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
57 Forums
16071 Topics
276929 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#297917 - 01/05/17 09:12 PM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
The simple fact is that Trump is NOT the president - we only have 1 of those at a time. I am actually anxious to get him sworn in and working at the job. Then we will know the truth instead of the constant speculations and accusations. I have faith in Trump. I fully expect him to be the same guy and, if he does, I am hoping that the righteous of America will rise up and go after him. After all, they go after everybody who doesn't agree with them and, I suspect, Trump will fill that bill right off the mark. He has already attacked American car manufacturers, insulted one of the Koch brothers, and gone off on just about anybody who talks about him. He is also, apparently, going to attack China and Mexico off the mark as well. Those 2 countries are a copy of our main customers so, if they cut it off then there are going to be a lot of people out of jobs as well. I figure that in the first 2 years of his administration he will be able to piss off a rather large segment of the population.

So, if he remains the Trump we know he may end up as the most hated president in America. This will be especially true if he gets rid of Obamacare (something that needs serious adjustment). On the other hand he may calm down, stop the baloney and just try and do the job. That would be the best thing that could happen but I have faith!!! Think on it. If he does recognize Jerusalem, for instance, as Israel's capital, that will seriously energize the terrorists of Islam which, in turn, will also probably get some of ours killed as well. As far as I can tell he is heavily invested in angering just about everybody. Oh, I think he will also be defending himself in court over something like 40+ lawsuits (and probably more that haven't been revealed). He will, in other words, be the first sitting president to be defending himself in court on a regular basis (unless, of course, he settles them all and then has them hidden from the public).

Anyway - until the man is sworn in, and actually becomes the president, we really don't know anything at all (other than the simple fact that the man is a committed, and dedicated, jackass).

#297918 - 01/05/17 09:37 PM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: jgw]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: jgw
...He has already attacked American car manufacturers, insulted one of the Koch brothers, and gone off on just about anybody who talks about him. ..

Wait...what? Trump's ego is so frail that he has an enemy's list of people who dis him, and, like the rooster taking credit for the rising sun, sees all good news as a reflection of his own fabulousness - like when he claimed recent holiday sales were up because of him ? coffee

#297922 - 01/05/17 09:59 PM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I predict Mr Trump will continue to support Assange and Putin over the US intel community after tomorrows briefing

I suspect Gen Flynn is the force behind this insanity

#297923 - 01/05/17 10:13 PM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: rporter314
I predict Mr Trump will continue to support Assange and Putin over the US intel community after tomorrows briefing

I suspect Gen Flynn is the force behind this insanity

No doubt. Interesting times* for America lie ahead.

*Interesting in not a good way. cry

#297925 - 01/05/17 10:20 PM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
The big unknown is what do the intelligence agencies do to push back. If they really think Trump is a Russian stooge, do they act on that? Some of them certainly have done "stuff" in the past, including assassination of heads of state who act against American interests.

Does Trump have "an accident" of some kind in a few months? If I was President, I certainly would not antagonize them.

#297933 - 01/06/17 12:02 AM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Of pertinent interest, Roger Stone, a Trump advisor, was on infowars and claimed Dir Brennan was a Saudi mole ...

How about this combo - Bannon, Stone, Flynn, Bossie - Mr Trump has a room full of nuts advising him

#297935 - 01/06/17 12:12 AM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: pondering_it_all]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
The big unknown is what do the intelligence agencies do to push back. If they really think Trump is a Russian stooge, do they act on that?
I think that somehow, someone is going to get ahold of a copy of a recent Trump tax return. When that happens, the public will be aware of his numerous shady connections in less-than-free countries and the extreme amount of debt he carries owed to Moscow oligarchs, cronies and mafiosi.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#297936 - 01/06/17 12:24 AM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: jgw]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan, USA
Originally Posted By: jgw
Oh, I think he will also be defending himself in court over something like 40+ lawsuits (and probably more that haven't been revealed). He will, in other words, be the first sitting president to be defending himself in court on a regular basis (unless, of course, he settles them all and then has them hidden from the public).

Do not know what the legal term for it is, but I am pretty sure that any civil court case would be held in abeyance while he was in office. Now a criminal case would be a different beast, once Congress impeached him.

However, I would like to see your position come to fruition

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#297937 - 01/06/17 01:00 AM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

you guys are much too hopeful

Republicans are slobbering all over themselves .... they turn back the clock and turn America into a conservative wasteland and there is not much that can stop them

so why would any of them care about a tax return, or connections to Russia, China, or Fidel Castro ... they have snagged the brass ring

#297938 - 01/06/17 01:11 AM Re: Serious question re: Trump [Re: rporter314]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
Eliminate Obamacare!! America is clamoring for that to happen. In fact, that is the supreme concern for the vast majority of our citizens.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 57 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2