Current Topics
why democrats are losing
by Ujest Shurly
1 second ago
A Time magazine with Trump on the cover hangs in his golf clubs. It’s fake.
by rporter314
25 minutes 40 seconds ago
Healthcare from the right
by rporter314
27 minutes 14 seconds ago
Cartels? We don't need no steenking cartels
by pondering_it_all
Today at 03:43 AM
The Supreme Court's Continuing Trend to Establish Religion
by Irked
Today at 01:01 AM
Dodger Fan (short story)
by Golem
Yesterday at 07:46 PM
Worst Case Scenario
by rporter314
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
Trump and Russia
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 05:16 PM
Deceptive marketing, or frivolous lawsuit?
by logtroll
Yesterday at 12:53 PM
RoundTable for June 2017
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 12:16 PM
Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya and Danielle Goyette headline Hockey Hall of Fame's c
by Golem
06/26/17 08:02 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
06/25/17 08:35 PM
Missouri SB 5 punishes women who use birth control
by pdx rick
06/25/17 08:14 PM
Trump Forum
by pondering_it_all
06/24/17 04:57 AM
Star Trek: Discovery to ditch a long frustrating Trek rule
by Golem
06/23/17 06:45 PM
Forum Stats
6234 Members
57 Forums
15953 Topics
275322 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#298328 - 01/23/17 01:02 PM Donald Trump: Our national nightmare
Doug Thompson Offline

Honcho
old hand

Loc: Blue Ridge Mountains of Virgin...

(Illustration from saynotogrump.com)

By DOUG THOMPSON - A CHB Opinion

A President enters office with the largest disapproval rating of any new American chief executive in this century, a President who won the Electoral College tally but lost the popular vote by the largest margin in history and a President ridiculed and dismissed a year ago when he announced his run for the job:  That's Donald Trump, the 45th President of the United States.

In his usual fashion, Trump lumbered into office with tweets afire and insults flowing out of his mouth like verbal diarrhea, lambasting the media who ignored his lies about the size of the crowd at his inaugural, scorning those who opposed him and the far-larger gathering that descended on Washington to protest on Saturday.

With thinly-veiled threats, Trump alluded to retaliation for those who dare oppose him.

Welcome to Amerika 2017, the bastard child of the twisted, warped and sick mind of Donald John Trump and his gullible followers.

Some claim we in the media should give Trump "a break" and a chance to prove himself.

Like hell we will. Sellouts like Rince Priebus, the former chairman of the Republican National Committee and now White House Chief of Staff, promised over and over that Trump would settle down and be "more Presidential."

Really?  The "more Presidential" Trump oozed into the lobby of the Central Intelligence Agency Saturday and lied outright by claiming news reports of his criticism of the CIA were, themselves, "lies" by the "dishonest media."

"There is nobody that feels stronger about the intelligence community and the CIA than Donald Trump," said the new President, who often refers to himself in the third person.

On January 15, five days before he was sworn in, Trump tweeted: "Outgoing CIA Chief, John Brennan, blasts Pres-Elect Trump on Russia threat. Does not fully understand. Oh really, couldn't do..."

Then he followed with: "much worse - just look at Syria (red line), Crimea, Ukraine and the build-up of Russian nukes. Not good! Was this the leaker of Fake News?"

Trump routinely skips daily intelligence briefings that could help bring him up to speed on what is or is not happening in the world of threats to America.

Why?  "I know more about ISIS than anyone else," he says.  "I know more about national intelligence."

In Donald Trump's swamp of a mind, he considers himself more knowledgeable than anyone else on anything.

Writes Eugine Robinson of The Washington Post:
Putin, you see, once paid Trump a compliment. “If he says great things about me,” Trump told moderator Matt Lauer, “I’m going to say great things about him.”

There you have it, folks, the distilled essence of Trump’s disgraceful campaign. It’s not about immigration or foreign policy or making America “great again,” whatever that means. It’s entirely about Trump and his raging egomania.

"Donald loves Donald," says Randall Pinkett, winner of season 4 of The Apprentice, the TV "reality" show that Trump hosted.

“I don’t think it’s possible to quantify the size of his ego,” Barbara Res, a former Trump Organization executive vice-president throughout the 1980. told The Guardian earlier this year. “It’s too big.”

In the top elected position for America, a job that draw egomaniacs like flies to excrement, Trump stands far and above all others when it comes to his ego.

Some of his quotes:

"Nobody know more about taxes than I do, maybe in the history of the world."

"I'm highly educated.  I know words; I have the best words."

"I have the best temperament or certainly one of the best temperaments of anybody that's ever fun for the office of president.  Ever."

"I will be the greatest jobs president God ever created."

"I know more about foreign policy than anybody running."

"I'm the most successful person ever to run for the presidency, by far.  Nobody's ever been more successful than me."

One thing is true about Donald Trump.  He is his biggest fan and, by the time his Presidency is over, he may well be his only fan.

Let's hope America can last until this latest national nightmare is over.

Copyright © 2017 Capitol Hill Blue

#298330 - 01/23/17 01:53 PM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: Doug Thompson]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Shared!

#298331 - 01/23/17 02:15 PM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: Doug Thompson]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
True to form, Donald Trump has outfitted his cabinet and coterie of advisers with the best plug-ins that will work with his own mental operating system.

Alixythimia?
CHECK.
Sociopathy?
CHECK
Ayn Rand worshipper?
CHECK
Religious extremist?
CHECK
Bully syndrome?
CHECK
Master of projection?
CHECK
Duning-Krueger Syndrome?
CHECK
Trickle Down?
CHECK
White supremacist?
CHECK
Neo-nazi sympathizer?
CHECK
Misogyny?
CHECK
Craven addiction to ill-gotten gains?
CHECK
Flagrant disregard for the law?
CHECK

The Doublethink and Newspeak of the Trump administration is already now being normalized by our weak-kneed and profit-driven national cable TV news outlets, with one or two lone dissenters, and a pitiful handful of half-hearted holdouts who have lobbed lukewarm salvos at the fortified citadel of Trumplandia.
But rest assured, they will be told by their paymasters to fall in love and fall in line soon enough. The news business, long auditioning as an understudy to reality TV, is now trodding the boards in earnest and the chieftains will learn new and different ways to massage alternative facts until anything and everything that issues from the vast gaping orange maw of our chief executive is rated doubleplus good.
And we will be told it is for our own good.

Already the postmortems of yesterday's massive women's parades across the country are being referred to in some journalistic circles as a last hurrah. One only need wait for the inevitable pronouncement that what we witnessed was, as quoted in Reagan-years terms, "The end of an era" to know that the date rape is complete.

And the lone holdout CNN, singled out by President Trump for daring to utter anything contrary, will find itself groveling in an attempt to regain access.

We are going to need as many Doug Thompsons as we can dig up, so it's good to know our own original is back and in fine fettle.

#298332 - 01/23/17 06:19 PM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: Doug Thompson]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

It is certainly my nightmare. I am actually having trouble sleeping. I'm lookin for things I can do. Doing is the critical word, there. There has never been anyone so unprepared for this office, and despite multiple warnings, the worst happened. I think for many of us, if something this egregious has happened, what other terrible thing isn't imaginable?

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#298335 - 01/23/17 08:27 PM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: NW Ponderer]
Jim D (FreeThinker) Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Aurora Ohio
Welcome to Trump’s America:
Quote:
More than 200 people who were mass-arrested at the Washington, D.C. protests against the inauguration of Donald Trump have been hit with felony riot charges that are punishable by up to 10 years in prison. Those picked up in the sweep — including legal observers and journalists — had their phones, cameras and other personal belongings confiscated as evidence, a lawyer confirmed to AlterNet.

Quote:
“A mother carrying her toddler was pepper sprayed in the face,” said Miller. “An elder from Standing Rock was sprayed in her face. A woman with crutches tried to intervene, and she was sprayed.”

Makes me so freakin' happy that this is the direction we are going, and I blame trump and his minions.

If you're incompetent, you can't know you're incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

--David Dunning

#298336 - 01/23/17 09:43 PM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
what other terrible thing isn't imaginable?

Every terrible thing we can imagine is possible. Trade wars and rapidly rising prices? A shooting war with China? The next Great Recession? Another invasion of Iraq?
I am of the opinion that Democrats have been neutered for the next four years. Nothing "we" do is going to make one iota of difference.

Nothing will change the inevitable nightmare we are facing until Republicans turn against Donald Trump and voters rise up and give control back to the adults in the room.

#298340 - 01/24/17 02:26 AM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: Doug Thompson]
matthew Offline

'
Or until American "democracy" meets its final destruction.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans

#298341 - 01/24/17 03:38 AM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: matthew]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

I s'pose getting nuked by China is an alternative too. But I think what we're gonna see will be more or less a rerun of the Bush years.
New wars, economy in the tank, Trump seen as a failed president and power swinging back to Democrats in 2020.

#298726 - 02/14/17 04:19 PM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: Greger]
Jim D (FreeThinker) Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Aurora Ohio
Originally Posted By: Greger
. . . Trump seen as a failed president and power swinging back to Democrats in 2020.

I doubt it. I do not believe there are enough trump supporters that are self aware enough to recognize he and the GOP are the problem in their lives. They will blame the Democrats (with the help of the GOP propaganda machine) and maintain control in 2020.

If you're incompetent, you can't know you're incompetent. […] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

--David Dunning

#298773 - 02/16/17 06:07 PM Re: Donald Trump: Our national nightmare [Re: Jim D (FreeThinker)]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

They can blame Democrats all they want. But they own everything that happens between now and the next presidential election. Things will likely level out after a while but nothing Democrats say or do will stop the implementation of conservative policies that are liable to be disastrous on every front.
Conservative voters wanted to blow up government and they've done just that. By 2020 I think enough voters will be tired of the changes wrought by them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 33 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Seadog, sapogvvsrost, papedPop, Dujmovochka123, zapedPop
6234 Registered Users
A2