by Irked
35 minutes 26 seconds ago
Sous vide cooking...
by TatumAH
Yesterday at 09:52 PM
GOP at war with itself on health care
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
With Obamacare repeal less likely, opponents of expansion in the states have jus
by TatumAH
Yesterday at 06:38 PM
Trump Forum
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 04:43 AM
NFL owners vote 31-1 to approve Raiders move to Las Vegas
by Irked
Yesterday at 02:04 AM
The Most Infuriating Movie Endings Of All Time
by Irked
Yesterday at 01:53 AM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Golem
03/28/17 03:09 PM
What Russia's Latest Protests Mean for Putin
by TatumAH
03/28/17 05:47 AM
A Farewell to Douchebags 2006
by TatumAH
03/28/17 12:04 AM
Divorce - American Style
by TatumAH
03/27/17 04:09 PM
Why the Sunday roast is the most overrated meal in Britain
by pondering_it_all
03/27/17 10:32 AM
Forum Stats
6219 Members
57 Forums
15826 Topics
273592 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#298592 - 02/07/17 03:07 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
When it comes down to it financially, we should be welcoming the people who want to come here and work, so they can keep our Social Security system running.

And when I'm finally in my last days in a nursing home, I'll be perfectly happy if the woman handling my bedpan is Hispanic. You certainly can't find many White girls who want to do that.

#298601 - 02/07/17 07:12 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Wow! Ireland really, really, really, hates President* Trump.

...and they're aruging from a Christian perspective using St Augustine's argument for "tyrannicide."

Where's Schlacky to weigh in on this? Hmm

#298628 - 02/09/17 10:22 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#298632 - 02/09/17 01:54 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan, USA
Three Cheers for Shield Maiden Lizzy!
ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Edited by Ujest Shurly (02/09/17 01:55 PM)

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#298704 - 02/13/17 09:35 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jim D (FreeThinker) Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Aurora Ohio
Is any one else now questioning their own judgment? I find that I am disagreeing 100% with the new prez whether or not one of his ideas makes any sense just because it came from him. I am finding I no longer can be sure if my mind is working logically. I am beginning to wonder if I am no better than those that opposed Obama just because he was Obama.

This moron is making it hard to function.

If you're incompetent, you can't know you're incompetent. [] the skills you need to produce a right answer are exactly the skills you need to recognize what a right answer is.

--David Dunning

#298705 - 02/13/17 11:58 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jim D (FreeThinker)]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
The way you can tell if you are as insane as the Trumplets, given that everything they believe is diametrically opposed to what you or I believe, is that we are aware of the possibility of being deluded, and as a consequence, look for rational and factual substantiation for what we understand to be true.

One of the fundamental tricks of the conning right comes from the fallacy of equivalence, freely combined with hyperbole and outright lies. A trick to maintaining sanity is to recognize that, for rank and file righties, issues are like a large lake on a dark night. They like to argue from a position that is somewhere far from shore where there is next to nothing to use to keep your bearings. They have been lost for so long in this condition that they are unaware of being lost, and will grab onto anything floating by, including you, and try to push you under so they feel a little higher out of the water.

For instance, the immigration issue (which is all about scary swimming "monsters" in the dark lake - manifested in every current, every water plant, even minnows nibbling at their toes that are magnified by imagination into a giant squid or a Great White Shark or a school of piranha -and the officials from the Ministry of Propaganda are in their darkened boat shouting fear and panic) is actually a nothing issue. The bad effects of illegal immigrants and refugees are heavily outweighed by the good effects - economic, social, humanitarian - if one simply takes a look at most of the facts and lets a little compassion enter the game. But if you are lost in the middle of a dark lake full of monsters, and people are shouting at you to be afraid for your life (and you are a gullible, fearful person to begin with), what are you gonna do?

Trump started shouting, "I'll save you", and the Trumplets believe him, even though he continues to feed their febrile imaginations nothing but more chum.

But this "nothing" issue is very useful in keeping the Trumplets in the dark and in fear, never questioning their fantasy savior. And it keeps the rational people occupied in struggle with the insane people who are lost in the lake in the dark.

#298709 - 02/14/17 01:36 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Really well said, my friend.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#298715 - 02/14/17 04:46 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Applause!!!
SHARED

#298765 - 02/16/17 10:24 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

SCROTUS = So-called Ruler of the United States

#298831 - 02/19/17 08:35 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for February 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

What Dennis Leary is up to these days:

Ever notice that Dennis and "Kellyanne" are never in the same room? coffee

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Who's Online
1 registered (TatumAH), 52 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
ojixadybi, tjgraylaw, AndyEmisa, lubluodPix, EugeneHag
6219 Registered Users
A2