by Golem
Yesterday at 07:46 PM
Worst Case Scenario
by rporter314
Yesterday at 06:13 PM
Trump and Russia
by pdx rick
Yesterday at 05:16 PM
Deceptive marketing, or frivolous lawsuit?
by logtroll
Yesterday at 12:53 PM
Cartels? We don't need no steenking cartels
by logtroll
Yesterday at 12:47 PM
RoundTable for June 2017
by NW Ponderer
Yesterday at 12:16 PM
Teemu Selanne, Paul Kariya and Danielle Goyette headline Hockey Hall of Fame's c
by Golem
06/26/17 08:02 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
06/25/17 08:35 PM
Missouri SB 5 punishes women who use birth control
by pdx rick
06/25/17 08:14 PM
Trump Forum
by pondering_it_all
06/24/17 04:57 AM
Star Trek: Discovery to ditch a long frustrating Trek rule
by Golem
06/23/17 06:45 PM
The truth - finally
by Jeffery J. Haas
06/23/17 12:53 AM
Forum Stats
6234 Members
57 Forums
15952 Topics
275312 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#298754 - 02/15/17 07:32 PM Trump and Russia
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

This Russian-connetion thing is not going well for our forty-fifth President. NSA captured conversations between the Trump people and Russia a full year before the election.

#298755 - 02/15/17 07:36 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#299246 - 03/05/17 06:51 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

...and the Trump-Russian connections thicken:

New Development on the Michael Cohen 'Peace Plan' Meeting

#299247 - 03/05/17 06:56 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#299251 - 03/05/17 03:13 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Often overlooked by media is the underlying basis for even looking at Russian connections and its meaning.

If Mr Trump had taken the standard arms length approach to Russia, I suspect there would not have been much investigation into any connections which for the most part can easily be explained as routine government business. However, when Mr Trump appeared to be in a bromance with Putin it raises questions about the relationship and when all the contacts are considered in that context, we have questions which matter.

Speculating on possible results of connections, we have the most odious possibility Mr Trump would be willing to allow Russian intervention in Eastern Europe without US retaliation. The evidence which supports that possibility is not hysterical as conservatives and Republicans would have people believe, but is based on facts when considered in the broader context of a changed Republican platform and the many ties between Russians and Trump associates.

The bottom line is we do not know the extent of Russianization of the Trump administration.

#299252 - 03/05/17 04:50 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: rporter314]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
This just in...

At least 7 Russian officials have turned up dead since Election Day. Here's what we know.

Quote:
Vitaly Churkin, Russia's ambassador to the United Nations, died suddenly in New York earlier this week, apparently of cardiac arrest.

Churkin, Russia's envoy to the U.N. since 2006, reportedly became ill at his Russian Mission office in Manhattan on Monday and died at New York-Presbyterian Hospital. He was to turn 65 the next day.

The New York City medical examiner said more study is required into the cause and manner of Churkin's death, though federal law enforcement has said it does not believe there was any foul play.

Still, because Russia is no stranger to political murders, the sudden death of a Russian official automatically raises suspicion. So while Churkin may indeed have died of natural causes, some have noted that it follows several other recent deaths of Russian officials, all occurring suddenly or under mysterious circumstances — including a man who is believed to have helped former M16 spy Christopher Steele compile his bombshell dossier on Donald Trump's links to Russia.
source

It's from Feb 27 but it's the first I've heard of it.

#299253 - 03/05/17 04:57 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: rporter314]
TatumAH Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
If Trump had "seriously thought", an oxymoron for his cognition, about running for public office he would have taken more care to conceal his dirty doings. Clearly he did not understand, or misunderestimated, the tenacity of investigative journalism. All he would have to have done would be to hire a shop to do a first pass opposition research on himself. Of course he is way too paranoid to trust anyone to compile such a dossier.

I think he just wanted the bragging points and attention and it got out of hand. He never figured he would get this much screwtiny, as who go to the expense and trouble to do deep international background on an early looser in a primary of 17 colorful candidates.

Now there is a desperate, and likely futile, attempt to retroactively cover up all of that large scale, low hanging fruit, much of which is almost certainly highly criminal money laundering for the Russian oligarchs.

RE:
Quote:
rporter314: Speculating on possible results of connections, we have the most odious possibility Mr Trump would be willing to allow Russian intervention in Eastern Europe without US retaliation.

I am not too worried about this now as I suspect that similarly to his modus operandi of dealing with other contractors, he will simply stiff them. He is a master bait and switch artist. Now that it is exposed his quid pro quo options are severely limited, and he can now earnestly claim to his Rusky friends: I would love to help you all I can, but my hands are tied. They could still destroy him in a flash, but he is betting/hoping that even weakened, they view him as a still useful asset/idiot. The Russians are obviously worried by this unpredictability, that now seems likely worse than the Hillary demon that they knew and understood. What will it take for them to play their high trump card and anoint Prez Pence? Time will tell!

I doubt that Russian golden sexploitation blackmail would worry him, as Pussy-Grabber in chief snatched victory from the jaws of defeat in that scandal, that has immunized him from paraphilia related damage. Even the incestuous and pedophilia angles are shockingly ignored by the true believers. In fact, these otherwise exclusionary characteristic, have strengthened his appeal to the "mens rights" nut/whack jobs, and inexplicably many women have, with sincere so-called Christian values, turned the other cheek.

Tat

Edited by TatumAH (03/05/17 05:00 PM)
Edit Reason: paraphilia speeling and ADDaTat

#299264 - 03/05/17 10:42 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Greger
This just in...

At least 7 Russian officials have turned up dead since Election Day. Here's what we know..

5'7" Vlad is a regular killing machine. gobsmacked

#299267 - 03/06/17 12:12 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

So Mark Levin goes on Fox and Friends Sunday and says there is "overwhelming evidence" that BAMZ!!! spied on Trump at Trump Towers:

President* Trump sees the Levin interview and loses his sh!t and goes on a Tweeting frenzy:

Then James Comey Asks Justice Dept. to Reject Trump’s Wiretapping Claim

I can't believe we have a POTUS that acts like some drama queen and flies off the handle when he is slightly provoked. rolleyes

#299268 - 03/06/17 12:39 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
conservatives believe The Great One is a Constitutional scholar ... I listen to him occasionally and he impresses me as an idiot => he argues the Constitution and then proclaims Pres Obama is a secret Muslim (without benefit of any facts)

Of course he also says only conservatives have the intellect to discern facts and make logical arguments ... I have to conclude he goes brain dead occasionally

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Seadog, sapogvvsrost, papedPop, Dujmovochka123, zapedPop
6234 Registered Users
A2