Current Topics
South African hunter WAS killed by a crocodile, DNA tests on human remains found
by logtroll
Today at 12:16 AM
Trump Forum
by logtroll
Today at 12:13 AM
Saudi Arabia - yet again
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:51 PM
fix the telemarketing thing
by Jeffery J. Haas
Yesterday at 08:44 PM
15 Worst Star Trek Episodes Of All Time
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 06:05 PM
Trump and Russia
by rporter314
Yesterday at 03:13 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
05/22/17 04:28 PM
Trump's Great Speech
by pondering_it_all
05/22/17 12:33 AM
American Nations
by Greger
05/21/17 08:14 PM
Next Trump Clusterfork: Tax Reform
by Greger
05/21/17 03:55 AM
just stuff - maps
by jgw
05/20/17 06:22 PM
Seth MacFarlane Is Headed to Space with 'The Orville' on Fox
by Golem
05/20/17 04:28 PM
How is Trump President?!
by Ken Condon
05/20/17 05:41 AM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by pondering_it_all
05/19/17 06:26 PM
Is this the most violent movie year in history?
by rporter314
05/19/17 05:30 PM
Forum Stats
6220 Members
57 Forums
15911 Topics
274742 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#298767 - 02/16/17 04:17 PM ATTN: Congress is less popular than herpes
Jeffery J. Haas Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
The subject is gerrymandering, the host is Der Governator.

I never thought I would cheer a REPUBLICAN in 2017, but CONAN THE REPUBLICAN has matured into a VERY SMART GUY.
Thank you, Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Funny thing is, he was criticized for his tenure as California's governor however his terms were during the Right Wing "DROUGHT" out here which started way back in 1978 when the state Republicans sealed what was basically a LOCK on power via Proposition 13, which hamstrung the state's ability to raise revenue for goods and services, infrastructure, education, health care, virtually anything in the public sphere and public sector.
We were closing schools left and right, laying off civil employees, even shutting down ENTIRE POLICE DEPARTMENTS all over the state. Hospitals were closing Level One Trauma Centers to the point where California was in an emergency situation where a natural disaster would have crippled the entire state's ability to deal with casualties.
So "Der Governator" was actually a victim of the success of his own party's ideology, and that forced him to become a good deal more liberal, even as a Republican. Today I would tag him as probably a lot like Ike Eisenhower in his mode of thinking.
I think I would still prefer an actual liberal but having him in there really wouldn't be all too terrible. He's smart and competent.

#298770 - 02/16/17 04:53 PM Re: ATTN: Congress is less popular than herpes [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan, USA
All good points, and the California solution should be taken by all states, but never will. Such a shame

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#298774 - 02/16/17 06:33 PM Re: ATTN: Congress is less popular than herpes [Re: Ujest Shurly]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Depending on the political winds there is a fair chance that the Florida Governorship will swing Democratic in 2018.
Personal injury attorney John Morgan is pondering a run.

Quote:
Unpredictable, politically incorrect, pugnacious, and very, very rich. Yes, it sounds like President Donald Trump, but it also describes personal injury lawyer John Morgan, who is mulling a run for the Democratic nomination for governor in 2018. And among more than 170 of the most experienced and plugged in Florida politicos, a plurality thinks the medical marijuana and higher minimum wage advocate well known for his ubiquitous TV ads would be the Democrats' strongest candidate

His name is well known here, his face is plastered on hundreds of billboards, his television ads are popular. He personally implemented and financed the legalization of medical marijuana here.
His business slogan is "For The People" and those are the words everyone thinks of when his name is mentioned.
I'm pretty excited about this.

Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 35 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
agentfity, ojixadybi, tjgraylaw, AndyEmisa, lubluodPix
6220 Registered Users
A2