by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Lynch elementary schools will lose the 'Lynch' due to racial implications
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Nero, the Execution of Peter and Paul, and the Biggest Fake News in Early Christ
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:24 PM
Trump and Russia
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 01:26 AM
What are the climate change deniers scared of?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:19 AM
John Oliver explains the most influential media company that youve never heard
by matthew
07/22/17 10:07 PM
Was That Racist?
by Greger
07/22/17 03:00 PM
Round Table for July 2017
by matthew
07/22/17 02:24 AM
Public Option is the ONLY Option
by pondering_it_all
07/21/17 02:20 AM
Reign of Idiots
by matthew
07/20/17 10:18 PM
BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion
by jgw
07/19/17 07:02 PM
The end of endless growth
by pondering_it_all
07/18/17 05:45 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
07/17/17 06:15 PM
Greenwald: Donald Trump Jr.'s Emails Are Not A "Smoking Gun" Of Anything; Democr
by pdx rick
07/17/17 04:45 PM
Forum Stats
6234 Members
57 Forums
15978 Topics
275816 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#299197 - 03/03/17 04:26 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
TatumAH Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
I remain confused about the message that Rick is trying to send with these clips.

This Or this

Or just a chickenrhawk reference?

Tat

Edited by TatumAH (03/03/17 04:27 AM)

#299201 - 03/03/17 06:03 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: TatumAH]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: TatumAH
I remain confused about the message that Rick is trying to send with these clips.

The message is Foghorn Leghorn saying: I say...I say...boy.

(Like a regular ol' Alabamy racist) Hmm

#299202 - 03/03/17 06:19 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
TatumAH Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick

(Like a regular ol' Albany racist) Hmm

Oh I get it now, I thought Trump was the target. Oh well, shoot first ask questions later!

BTW, around here in Central New Yawk, we call the state capital Albania.

Tat

#299207 - 03/03/17 06:06 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: pdx rick

(Like a regular ol' Alabamy racist) Hmm

I like to think of Foghorn Leghorn as a practical and pragmatic man, errr rooster. I prefer to think he is open to any scheme that gets him a leg up on whatever situation he's in and that he has no time for petty foibles like racism. He's on a mission, whatever that may be, and would bond with anyone regardless of race, creed or color.
He's a good ole boy but he's the kind of good ole boy who would rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints.

After all, he is a creation of the Tar Paper Shack boys in Burbank!
Talk about an oppressed bunch!
The early Warner Brothers cartoonists were percieved as second class citizens by Warner management and for the first four years much of their work was done in a row of tar paper shacks erected on the Warner lot. Accommodations were as sparse as the pay. The summer heat in Burbank cooked both the tar and cartoonists in equal measure!
It took a strike to force management to up the pay and working conditions.

#299231 - 03/04/17 08:54 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
TatumAH Offline

GOOD MOURNING AMERICA!

I hope everyone is having an enjoyable and relaxing weekend, like most in America!
I find that British Political humor provides a bit of subtlety missing in American Humor. I am particularly fond of Dave Browns cartons, that have the recurring theme related to Trumps hair being Pootins pet ferret, though there is still debate over ferret vs. weasle. See what you think and select supporting cartoon images to make your case. Not sure if this will be accepted by the media tool so here is the H-url https://twitter.com/DaveBrownToons/media
Dave Brown cartoons
This one re Theresa Mays visit made me laugh out loud, enjoy!

Trump Theresa May, Rough Trade

I am still having trouble with several jpg images, though some seem to work just fine.

I try to scan the Daily Mail and The Independent, for an idea about how we are being viewed by outsiders, though with that traditional Special Relationship we always have had with the Brits.

Tat

#299232 - 03/04/17 09:18 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: TatumAH]
Greger Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
When an image won't post sometimes it's because it is protected from copying in some way. The way around this is to save it to your computer then change the name and upload it to photobucket or whatever cloud based photo app you use, then copy the url of the image from there and link it here with the [img] code. It's a pain in the ass but it always works.

#299233 - 03/04/17 09:20 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: Greger]
Greger Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Three women go down to Mexico one night to celebrate college graduation.

They get drunk and wake up in jail, only to find that they are to be executed in the morning though none of them can remember what they did the night before.

The first one, a redhead, is strapped in the electric chair and is asked if she has any last words. She says, I just graduated from Trinity Bible College and believe in the almighty power of God to intervene on the behalf of the innocent.

They throw the switch and nothing happens. The executioners all immediately fall to the floor on their knees, beg for forgiveness, and release her.

The second one, a brunette, is strapped in and gives her last words. I just graduated from the Harvard School of Law and I believe in the power of justice to intervene on the part of the innocent.

They throw the switch and again, nothing happens. Again they all immediately fall to their knees, beg for forgiveness and release her.

The last one, a blonde, is strapped in and says, Well, Im from the University of Texas and just graduated with a degree in Electrical Engineering, and Ill tell ya right now, yall aint gonna electrocute nobody if you dont plug this thing in.

#299234 - 03/04/17 10:30 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

#299235 - 03/04/17 10:37 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: Greger]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

You'd think this guy went out drinking last night!!

#299238 - 03/05/17 01:12 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: pdx rick]
TatumAH Offline

Looks like he could use some

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Seadog, sapogvvsrost, papedPop, Dujmovochka123, zapedPop
6234 Registered Users
A2