by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 10:02 PM
Fear, Hysteria and Fake News in Homer, Alaska
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:38 PM
Lynch elementary schools will lose the 'Lynch' due to racial implications
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Nero, the Execution of Peter and Paul, and the Biggest Fake News in Early Christ
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:24 PM
Trump and Russia
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 01:26 AM
What are the climate change deniers scared of?
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:19 AM
John Oliver explains “the most influential media company that you’ve never heard
by matthew
07/22/17 10:07 PM
Was That Racist?
by Greger
07/22/17 03:00 PM
Round Table for July 2017
by matthew
07/22/17 02:24 AM
Public Option is the ONLY Option
by pondering_it_all
07/21/17 02:20 AM
Reign of Idiots
by matthew
07/20/17 10:18 PM
BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion
by jgw
07/19/17 07:02 PM
The end of endless growth
by pondering_it_all
07/18/17 05:45 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
07/17/17 06:15 PM
Greenwald: Donald Trump Jr.'s Emails Are Not A "Smoking Gun" Of Anything; Democr
by pdx rick
07/17/17 04:45 PM
Forum Stats
6234 Members
57 Forums
15978 Topics
275816 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#299658 - 03/17/17 07:15 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: Greger]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
2.5 KWatt electrical system for Rock Springs Ranch. Mine is 5 KWatt and is almost ready to start up. I guess I better think of more ways to use electricity!

Pretty neat place, but I have a better view. On a clear day I can see San Clemente Island, Catalina Island, most of Camp Pendleton, Mount Baldy, Mount San Gorgornio, Mount San Jacinto, and Mount Palomar.

#299659 - 03/17/17 07:20 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Edison batteries are the best.

#299700 - 03/18/17 01:37 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: pondering_it_all]
TatumAH Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all
2.5 KWatt electrical system for Rock Springs Ranch. Mine is 5 KWatt and is almost ready to start up. I guess I better think of more ways to use electricity!

Pretty neat place, but I have a better view. On a clear day I can see San Clemente Island, Catalina Island, most of Camp Pendleton, Mount Baldy, Mount San Gorgornio, Mount San Jacinto, and Mount Palomar.

What about Russia?

Anybody do anything special for St Patrick's day? Green beer, green meat, or green mac, that sorta resembles what happens with too much green beer. Worse things can also happen with impaired judgement that can result in admissions to the psychiatry ER, even in Texas! I have been told that StPatty's is the about the worst shift for OD etc. ER staff are more forgiving on family holidays, Xmas, Thanksgiving, etc, but are not cut much Schlack on St Patty's.

TAT

Edited by TatumAH (03/18/17 01:46 AM)
Edit Reason: Image in added proof

#299703 - 03/18/17 02:42 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: TatumAH]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
That guy is some kind of an assTAT, probably a member of the Clover Club.

#299706 - 03/18/17 03:52 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: logtroll]
TatumAH Offline

Originally Posted By: logtroll

I've herd about those goings on in Clover! Wild times indeed!! But, I think I might be embareassed Tat

#299707 - 03/18/17 04:04 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: logtroll]
TatumAH Offline

assTAT?? Well not exactly, butt where the sun dont shine. I hope nobody is watching! TaT

#299710 - 03/18/17 04:39 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: TatumAH]
TatumAH Offline

Originally Posted By: TatumAH

I've herd about those goings on in Clover! Wild times indeed!! But, I think I might be embareassed Crimson
OH OH Here comes another flashback earworm!

Thanks a lot "log", probably more like a twig...
Sing along everyone it's kinda katchi! The good part starts around 3:28!
Crimson and Clover
Over and Over
Crimson and Clover
Over and Over
Crimson and Clover
Over and Over
Crimson and Clover
Over and Over
Crimson and Clover
Over and Over
Crimson and Clover
Over and Over
Tat

#299712 - 03/18/17 06:44 AM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
Edison batteries are pretty cool. You can actually make your own because all the patents are expired. But you should read the patent because it is a lot trickier than throwing some iron and nickel plates in potassium hydroxide. They are too low in charge density to use them in anything portable but if you have a nice warm shed, they are great for solar.

DIY lead acid batteries can be much easier to make if you use solid plates, but you have to go through several charge & discharge cycles in both polarities to build up a spongy lead layer. Even then, they don't deliver the kind of currents a standard starter battery does, but they can last 20 years like Edison batteries.

#299727 - 03/18/17 07:47 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: pondering_it_all]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By: pondering_it_all

DIY lead acid batteries can be much easier to make if you use solid plates, but you have to go through several charge & discharge cycles in both polarities to build up a spongy lead layer. Even then, they don't deliver the kind of currents a standard starter battery does, but they can last 20 years like Edison batteries.

Twenty years? TWENTY???
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....!!! LOL ROTFMOL LOL

I got some news for you.
Edison batteries have a normal durability span of at least 30 to FIFTY years but some of them have been known to last BEYOND EIGHTY years. Some of the original battery sets manufactured by Edison himself are still serviceable. He wasn't joking when he said that they would last a hundred years.

#299730 - 03/18/17 08:05 PM Re: Reader Rant Roundtable for March 2017 [Re: Greger]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

A globally reviled Nazi and a globally respected Democratic leader met in Washington yesterday.
Sadly for us, the respected Leader was the German, and the reviled Nazi was the American.

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Seadog, sapogvvsrost, papedPop, Dujmovochka123, zapedPop
6234 Registered Users
A2