Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 28 of 41 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#299101 - 02/27/17 09:06 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Just watched Spkr's Ryan and McConnell announce they are on board the Trump train.

I thought I saw Spkr Ryan experience a premature ejaculation when he said he was making people's lives better with a better healthcare plan

Bannon has hidden the pea and Republicans in all their arrogance think they know where it is

#299167 - 03/02/17 04:53 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: rporter314]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Instead of "dumb" and "dumber", Trump's cabinet can be described as "odious and odiouser" - between Sessions and Pruitt. But then, there are DeVos and Carson...

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#299192 - 03/03/17 02:49 AM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Unqualified and more unqualified is the way I see it.

I think I've mentioned before that this is going to backfire in a way that makes "Helluva job, Brownie" seem like small potatoes.

Carson at HUD? Why? Is he bored with his life of leisure? Don't I recall that he was promised a position in Trump's government for his support? And that it was illegal at the time for him to do this?

Perhaps he'll turn some empty buildings into grain storage units.

#299193 - 03/03/17 03:36 AM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
...Carson...

Now that Black History Month is over - Trump can put Carson back on the shelf until next February. coffee

#299204 - 03/03/17 01:32 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: Greger]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Originally Posted By: Greger
Perhaps he'll turn some empty buildings into grain storage units.

Just the pyramidal ones.

#299205 - 03/03/17 02:18 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Dr Carson (in my opinion) was the singularly the most unqualified Republican presidential candidate in the last cycle. He had no grasp of any issue except his belief God would guide him. Being born into poverty does not make one an expert on it nor does being a conservative allow for pragmatic solutions to urban problems.

#299206 - 03/03/17 03:21 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: rporter314]
TatumAH Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Carsons Pyramid Scheme

In spite of the somewhat satirical source, it provides some interesting insight that demonstrates that his delusional state is nothing new, and can be shown almost 20 years ago to include his pyramid scheme. His explanation of it is even more disturbing, particularly since at that time he was a practicing neurosurgeon. It must have made for some "interesting" rolleyes discussions in the multi-hour OR sessions, where the surgeon is the unquestioned captain of the ship.
Tat

Carsons Pyramid Scheme

Quote:
The list of Weird s*** Ben Carson Thinks grew by one item this week, as BuzzFeed dug up some old video of Ben Carson sharing his Personal Theory of the Pyramids at a university commencement speech in 1998. This is important for two reasons: 1) It demonstrates that Ben Carson has long believed some pretty weird s***, and 2) It moves back by at least 17 years our earliest evidence for the “Ben Carson Has a Broken Brain” hypothesis.

Why would Dr. Ben Carson explain his Theory of the Pyramids during a commencement address for Andrews University, a Seventh-Day Adventist college where biblical literalism is just as much a part of the curriculum as it would be at Bob Jones or Liberty U? Why wouldn’t he?

#300633 - 04/12/17 02:10 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: TatumAH]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#300635 - 04/12/17 03:23 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

When I started this thread, I was hoping I was being pessimistic. Not 100 days into y this administration all of my&#8203; worst fears are being realized - and then some.

The regulations put in place to prevent the worst depredations are being replaced. And Devos' excuse wasn't even pathetic, it was mendacious.
Quote:
DeVos said in a press memo that she was rescinding the previous administration’s list of demands to “demonstrate sound fiscal stewardship of public dollar” and limit the cost to taxpayers. The move came after a letter from industry lobbying National Council of Higher Education Resources asking Congress to alter or delay the Education Department’s changes.

You're the F-$@@ing SECRETARY OF EDUCATION, not a telemarketer lobbyist, lady! You're SUPPOSED to protect students from predation, not facilitate it.
Quote:
A recent epidemic of student loan defaults and what authorities describe as systematic mistreatment of borrowers prompted the Obama administration, in its waning days, to force the FSA office to emphasize how debtors are treated, rather than maximize the amount of cash they can stump up to meet their obligations.

Obama’s team also sought to reduce the possibility that new contracts would be given to companies that mislead or otherwise harm debtors.
No, Betsy Devos supports misleading students, just like she's been doing publicly for decades.

#300640 - 04/12/17 06:14 PM Re: Worst Case Scenario [Re: NW Ponderer]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

I haven't heard anything about Dr Carson. Did he fall asleep at the wheel? Did he reduce his budget to the point there was no one left in it? I suppose if he doesn;t do anything no one can fault him for doing something stupid, unless doing nothing is stupid.

Page 28 of 41 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40 41 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2