Current Topics
Trump Forum
by pdx rick
22 minutes 9 seconds ago
South African hunter WAS killed by a crocodile, DNA tests on human remains found
by pdx rick
Today at 04:35 AM
Saudi Arabia - yet again
by pdx rick
Today at 04:31 AM
Trump and Russia
by pdx rick
Today at 04:29 AM
fix the telemarketing thing
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Golem
Yesterday at 04:28 PM
Trump's Great Speech
by pondering_it_all
Yesterday at 12:33 AM
American Nations
by Greger
05/21/17 08:14 PM
Next Trump Clusterfork: Tax Reform
by Greger
05/21/17 03:55 AM
just stuff - maps
by jgw
05/20/17 06:22 PM
Seth MacFarlane Is Headed to Space with 'The Orville' on Fox
by Golem
05/20/17 04:28 PM
How is Trump President?!
by Ken Condon
05/20/17 05:41 AM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by pondering_it_all
05/19/17 06:26 PM
Is this the most violent movie year in history?
by rporter314
05/19/17 05:30 PM
Ridley Scott Will Curate a Night of New Science Fiction Programming for TNT
by Golem
05/19/17 03:23 PM
Forum Stats
6220 Members
57 Forums
15910 Topics
274726 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#300986 - 04/28/17 11:03 PM Noam Chomsky: GOP most dangerous organization in history
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA
Chomsky on the GOP: Has Any Organization Ever Been So Committed to Destruction of Life on Earth?

Democracy Now
April 26, 2017

Quote:
...AMY GOODMAN: I wanted to ask you about this comment that you made that the Republican Party, you said, is the most dangerous organization in world history. Can you explain?

NOAM CHOMSKY: I also said that itís an extremely outrageous statement. But the question is whether itís true. I mean, has there ever been an organization in human history that is dedicated, with such commitment, to the destruction of organized human life on Earth? Not that Iím aware of. Is the Republican organizationóI hesitate to call it a partyócommitted to that? Overwhelmingly. There isnít even any question about it...

More

#300990 - 04/29/17 02:03 AM Re: Noam Chomsky: GOP most dangerous organization in history [Re: Golem]
Ken Condon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Eugene, OR
I wouldnít go that far............. But it is clear they donít exactly give a------ sheesh.

#301034 - 05/02/17 10:46 PM Re: Noam Chomsky: GOP most dangerous organization in history [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Robert Mercer

...thinks that the Civil Rights Act was one of the great mistakes in modern American history.

...says that Hiroshima and Nagasaki, and nuclear war in general, were not as bad as people think. Itís survivable, he argues, and not only that; the radiation from it, he suggests, from the fallout, is good for people.

He has, according to his colleagues, a theory of humans which is that they have no inherent value. That a human being is only worth as much as they can earn. He argues that he earns thousands of times more than a school teacher, which makes him that much more valuable than school teachers.

--Yeah, I'd say that sounds like the rantings of a group committed to the destruction of the human race.

Robert Mercer is the chief financial backer of the Trump presidency, therefore that makes Mercer one of the most prominent Republicans in the world.
One cannot argue The Koch Brothers because their pet cause is the Libertarian Party. They will support Republicans but only if they kow tow to Libertarian values. They are just as likely to support Democrats if the Democrats help the Koch bottom line.

Both Kochs and Mercers, however, do support ALEC.

#301040 - 05/03/17 05:24 AM Re: Noam Chomsky: GOP most dangerous organization in history [Re: Golem]
Irked Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Somewhere out in left field
The Republican Party is doing the Almighty's Work.

Coulda tripped out easy, but I've changed my ways - Donovan

I consider myself to be a laid back type and quite tolerant on most issues - AB Breivik

#301042 - 05/03/17 08:06 AM Re: Noam Chomsky: GOP most dangerous organization in history [Re: Golem]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
It's a direct result of the extremes of partisanship. The Democrats try to do good, so the Republicans have to try to do the opposite it every case. It's so blatant that the Republicans propose bills and then vote against them when they get much Democratic support!

They need to grow up and realize Congress is not a football game: Sometimes your opposition will do something that is actually good for the country.

Who's Online
0 registered (), 39 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
agentfity, ojixadybi, tjgraylaw, AndyEmisa, lubluodPix
6220 Registered Users
A2