by NW Ponderer
10/17/17 05:10 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Golem
10/17/17 03:19 PM
'Star Trek: Discovery' Drops Franchise's First F-Bomb
by Ken Condon
10/17/17 03:48 AM
The Surprising Way a Confederate Submarine Crew Died at the Hands of Its Own Wea
by logtroll
10/16/17 03:35 PM
Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer writes open letter to Trump, Kaepernick, NFL and Ameri
by Ujest Shurly
10/15/17 06:55 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/15/17 06:24 AM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
57 Forums
16071 Topics
276929 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#303251 - 09/28/17 12:04 AM Re: Afghanistan - here we go again [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
The biggest problem with Afghanistan is actually Pakistan's ISI and madrassa schools. They send all sorts of people (from very sophisticated to cannon fodder) into Afghanistan to fight their proxy war with The West. Before us, it was their proxy war with the USSR.

I think the Afghans themselves would be happy to keep on growing their cannabis and poppies, playing polo with human heads, and generally running things as a collection of feudal warlord's territories.

Block Pakistan's access to Afghanistan and you render it brutal but pretty harmless to anybody else.

#303255 - 09/28/17 06:57 PM Re: Afghanistan - here we go again [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I just don't care. I want us out of Afghanistan (actually the entire middle east). They have nothing we need and I am really tired of training and protecting Chinese investments. I can remember when we were pals with Pakistan whilst India was doing their Russian thing. We gave Pakistan the nuclear stuff so they could compete with India. (We seem to make a habit of screwing ourselves over whilst 'helping')

I also find it interesting that our allies there are all Suunis so we hate the Shia along with them. The strange thing is that, as far as I can tell, the Shia (Iran) have never attacked us, never sent us terrorists, etc. They seem to only be interested in what they consider theirs. Anyway, The Saudis, for instance, have been proselytizing for the Wahabis and the Wahabis are the source of about 99% of the extremists. Another interesting thought is that the Saudis have bankrolled several mosques complete with schools/madrassas (Wahabi). I have never understood why we are so cozy with the people who have dedicated much to effect our destruction. Google "saudi funded mosques in america" for this one.

A story (not all that pertinent), I was in jewelry store in India (my wife was buying silver from the villages). A couple of Russians walked in and the entire store went into secure mode so I watched as they followed the Russians around. When the Russians left the person I was talking to said; "When Russians come into the store we have to watch them - they steal).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 46 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2