Max Online: 294 @ 12/06/17 12:57 AM
Google Adsense
Page 10 of 38 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 38 >
Topic Options
#300224 - 03/31/17 01:03 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Would not that mean the FBI has everything Gen Flynn has to offer?

#300225 - 03/31/17 03:50 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: Schlack]
TatumAH Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Is it time for Nunes to be firmly planted into the Douchebadg slot, or do we need a poll with a 2/3 majority. With things moving so fast I forgot to confirm the Ryan care bill here after opening the douchebag file on 3/17.

Many jobs and positions that require special skills have various certification needed as prerequisites, though there are often grandfather clauses allowing proven job experiences to take the place of actual certifications. This WH crew and many Representative failed to take :Coverup 101! Nunez never learned this on the job, as the GOP did nothing during the Obama years, so cover up skills were never finely honed, or became atrophic through disuse.

Repeating Benghazi or Emails makes cerebral neuron shrink like Jerky.

Tat

Quote:

#299657 - 03/17/17 02:01 AM Re: A Farewell to Douchebags 2006

I am warming up this thread so that the RyanCare bill will feel comfy when it arrives soon. Susan Collins just denounced the bill publicly, 10 teaparty types, think it's to liberal, and Corker told the house that they could kiss their assets goodbye, if the send it to the Senate. Not to mention, but I will that Chris Matthews just coined a new name for spicer. He called him the new Baghdad Bob!

Greger was right, that this is getting amusing/entertaining!
Tat

#299930 - 03/24/17 09:52 AM Re: A Farewell to Douchebags 2006
I'm making a reservation here for Davin Nunes who has doomed his own chairmanship of the Oxymoronic so-called House of Reprehensibles "INTELLIGENCE" committee. He blundered so badly and publicly that many are asking how did this (need a term to describe this), (moron will have to serve as a working handle till consensus is achieved), end up as chairman of a previously important committee?
#299657 - 03/17/17 02:01 AM Re: A Farewell to Douchebags 2006

I am warming up this thread so that the RyanCare bill will feel comfy when it arrives soon. Susan Collins just denounced the bill publicly, 10 teaparty types, think it's to liberal, and Corker told the house that they could kiss their assets goodbye, if the send it to the Senate. Not to mention, but I will that Chris Matthews just coined a new name for spicer. He called him the new Baghdad Bob!

Greger was right, that this is getting amusing/entertaining!
Tat

#299930 - 03/24/17 09:52 AM Re: A Farewell to Douchebags 2006
I'm making a reservation here for Davin Nunes who has doomed his own chairmanship of the Oxymoronic so-called House of Reprehensibles "INTELLIGENCE" committee. He blundered so badly and publicly that many are asking how did this (need a term to describe this), (moron will have to serve as a working handle till consensus is achieved), end up as chairman of a previously important committee?

#300226 - 03/31/17 03:55 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Here's the thing about Flynn's offer and demand: he's the biggest fish so far. Remember Oliver North? He got transactional immunity, lied anyway, and his convictions were eventually thrown out even though that testimony was not used against him. The FBI doesn't want to go through that again.

Trump's morning tweet, however, may be a signal to his toady Nunes to make the offer even though no one else would. He could be doing what George HW Bush did with Cap Weinberger - he pardoned him so that he could never testify against Bush for his role in Iran-contra. Notorious Presidential Pardons - TIME. Prosecutors were livid.

We don't need Flynn's testimony. We're more likely to be convicting him. This is getting deep and ugly, fast.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#300227 - 03/31/17 04:11 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: rporter314]
TatumAH Offline

Loc: Upstate NY
Originally Posted By: rporter314
I have not read the article and will probably wait a while to check the developer solution.

I was going to write a political thriller but my fiction was too tame.

Developer solution is useless, if fixative solution is used first. No silver emulsion, no image, latent or otherwise.

Darkroom skills like dodging and burning have become political terms. I was ready to release my get rich darkroom invention, the darkroom light clapper, when digital killed the darkroom market forever.

Tat

#300240 - 03/31/17 10:03 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Do we have any facts to "fix"????

So far we have Gen Flynn had connections to Russians of unknown legality and he wants immunity of some kind. We can speculate using some of the new degrees of separation flow charts connecting a wide variety of Trump associates with Russians of varying kinds and we can add an intriguing story about illegal rendition.

NWP:: of course the Contra story is always on my mind. Why would anyone believe Gen Flynn would not lie or has already made a deal with Mr Trump. This is a kin to reporters who continue to say surveillance could not have been done because someone had to have a warrant .... unless of course it was illegal surveillance which they never mention.

This machine has so many moving parts Rube Goldberg would be proud

#300243 - 03/31/17 11:50 PM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
I don't see why this is such a big deal. If they have probable cause they get a warrant. If they have a warrant then they investigate. This is what the FBI and other law enforcement agencies are supposed to do! It is not partisan and it's not even political. If Donald Trump was doing something illegal they are supposed to catch him, even if he's running for President.

Some of his "accusations" just make him seem more guilty. Not to mention the botched Nunes fiasco. It's sort like watching The Three Stooges trying to cover up a pie-theft.

Edited by pondering_it_all (03/31/17 11:55 PM)

#300250 - 04/01/17 01:52 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pondering_it_all]
Schlack Offline
veteran

Loc: Ireland
What is in the public domain so far:

Senate Intel Ctte detailed the Russian interference in the US election. Watch the hearing if you haven't. its illuminating about the methodology. A fake news infrastructure was built up. That infrastructure was merged with hack and release of info. A concerted info warfare attack was made favouring one candidate....Trump.

FBI Director Comey confirmed that there is an ongoing investigation into the trump campaigns links to Russian operatives. Flynn, Manafort, Page and Stone are the key figures so far ( not yet named formally).

Trumps campaign/administration has been favourable towards the russian government, going so far as to tone down the GOP platform in August. This would appearto be a quid pro quo. It could just be an expression of foreign policy softening, another "reset"

Those are the known facts. At the moment we are reading the behaviour of the trump administration in that context. The kind interpretation is that a bunch of amateurs is attempting to minimise any political damage from the optics of wrong doing (where no wrong doing took place) giving the appearance of guilt.

The kind interpretation is that The Donald is an aloof administrator who is focused on results rather than details, persuaded by strong personalities competing within his team rather than reasoned deliberation. Style and appearance over substance.

Even if I were that kind, this is the president of the united states under discussion. Even if that kind interpretation were true the buck stops with him. There are no training wheels for a presidency.

On a slightly different note, i actually felt sorry for the man today. see for yourself

#300252 - 04/01/17 03:41 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: Schlack]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
i actually felt sorry for the man today.

Not me...they had to make sh!t up about Obama. This guy manages to create gaffs and screwups for every news cycle.

#300254 - 04/01/17 03:58 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: Greger]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
Quote:
The kind interpretation is that The Donald is an aloof administrator

The kind interpretation would be that he is an administrator at all.

Tillerson...now there's your aloof administrator.

#300257 - 04/01/17 04:24 AM Re: Trump and Russia [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Actually, I'm not all that unhappy about Ivanka and her husband taking on so much. Donald can just go play golf and hang out in Florida, and our first woman President will be Ivanka. She's got to be more competent than her dad. At least she's not hitting the senility deadline.

Oops, forgot about President Nancy Reagan after the shooting. It's great to have family you can depend on when it just starts to get away from you.

Page 10 of 38 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 37 38 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 32 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2