Current Topics
Trump Forum
by rporter314
10:17 PM
Hyde: Is Stanton the legit HR king if he hits 62? Even he wonders | Commentary
by Golem
07:00 PM
Trump resurrects tall tale about General Pershing and Muslims after Barcelona te
by jgw
06:51 PM
Cultural iconography
by NW Ponderer
04:45 PM
OJ Simpson Pop-Up Museum To Open In Chinatown
by Golem
04:09 PM
Charolottesville
by Spag-hetti
03:04 PM
Round Table for August 2017
by pdx rick
08:32 AM
CONFIRMED: 2016 was Earth's hottest year in the record books
by pondering_it_all
01:40 AM
24 Novels That Are Crying Out To Be Turned Into A TV Series
by matthew
11:39 PM
Standing Ovations for Triumphant Dennis Prager, Conducting at Disney Hall
by Golem
06:06 PM
The Passing Parade: Obituaries: 2017
by Golem
02:00 AM
Anonymous declares war on the alt-right in new video
by pondering_it_all
08/16/17 11:10 PM
STLV17: Brannon Braga On How Kirk Should Have Died, ‘Star Trek: Enterprise’ Regr
by Golem
08/16/17 03:16 PM
Nazism versus Communism
by Jeffery J. Haas
08/15/17 05:05 AM
The 13 Alfred Hitchcock movies you need to watch in your lifetime
by NW Ponderer
08/15/17 02:31 AM
Forum Stats
6241 Members
57 Forums
16012 Topics
276169 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#301551 - 06/06/17 08:48 PM A Liberal’s Perspective: Evergreen College And The Fascism Of The Illiberal Left
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA
Matt Teitelbaum, former President at College Democrats of Maryland
The Huffington Post
June 5, 2017

Quote:
At Evergreen State College in Washington, the dangerous authoritarian streak of college-aged, left-wing extremists is being exposed in disturbing detail. In recent weeks, social justice activists demanded that white students refrain from attending class or being present on campus on a predetermined day, in order to appropriately, from their perspective, observe the traditional “Day of Absence.” ...

These so called “activists” are not interested in dialogue — one of them said exactly that in a video of their confrontation. They are only interested in their political agenda being enacted at all costs, without any negotiation with dissenters. To me, that mentality is inherently illiberal and undemocratic. It is close enough to fascism to warrant use of the label “fascist” at this point...

I am no conservative. I am the former president of the College Democrats of Maryland. However, this insanity is unrepresentative of true liberalism. Liberals who don’t call out these illiberal fascists are complicit in their growing influence and impunity...

Full article

#301556 - 06/07/17 05:50 PM Re: A Liberal’s Perspective: Evergreen College And The Fascism Of The Illiberal Left [Re: Golem]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I guess I am a lot more tolerant of extremist views than a lot of folks.

What rational person would be attracted to ideas of say white supremacy who were not already believers in their own white superiority? So why would I care if Richard Spencer were speaking to these folks?

People do not wake up one morning and rationally choose to be bigots? They were environmentally raised to be bigots.

I'll say it again .... ignorance is the enemy and education will defeat it

#301562 - 06/07/17 11:43 PM Re: A Liberal’s Perspective: Evergreen College And The Fascism Of The Illiberal Left [Re: rporter314]
matthew Offline

Originally Posted By: rporter314

I'll say it again .... ignorance is the enemy and education will defeat it

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans

#301564 - 06/08/17 04:10 AM Re: A Liberal’s Perspective: Evergreen College And The Fascism Of The Illiberal Left [Re: Golem]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Originally Posted By: Golem

I am no conservative. I am the former president of the College Democrats of Maryland. However, this insanity is unrepresentative of true liberalism. Liberals who don’t call out these illiberal fascists are complicit in their growing influence and impunity...

Full article

Oh please, we could call them out all day long and call them what they are (FAILED liberals who let loose their inner fascist) and it wouldn't matter.
It would never get a second's worth of airtime.
CON-servatives are overjoyed at the existence of these brats because they get to paint ALL LIBERALS with this brush.
This group is Horseshoe Theory writ large.

#301569 - 06/08/17 03:14 PM Re: A Liberal’s Perspective: Evergreen College And The Fascism Of The Illiberal Left [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
Golem Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Orange County, California, USA
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Oh please, we could call them out all day long and call them what they are (FAILED liberals who let loose their inner fascist) and it wouldn't matter.
It would never get a second's worth of airtime.

Jeffery, how do you think I found out about this article?

Quote:
CON-servatives are overjoyed at the existence of these brats because they get to paint ALL LIBERALS with this brush.

Some do, but I'm not one of them.

#301572 - 06/08/17 09:27 PM Re: A Liberal’s Perspective: Evergreen College And The Fascism Of The Illiberal Left [Re: matthew]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
not every horse led to water will refuse to drink ... it is a game of attrition until the core of deplorables is met

Who's Online
0 registered (), 41 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Albertpkr, kechua, burkha, bikrami, inekifoh
6241 Registered Users
A2