by Golem
10/17/17 03:19 PM
'Star Trek: Discovery' Drops Franchise's First F-Bomb
by Ken Condon
10/17/17 03:48 AM
Charolottesville
by NW Ponderer
10/16/17 11:55 PM
The Surprising Way a Confederate Submarine Crew Died at the Hands of Its Own Wea
by logtroll
10/16/17 03:35 PM
Ex-Green Beret Nate Boyer writes open letter to Trump, Kaepernick, NFL and Ameri
by Ujest Shurly
10/15/17 06:55 PM
Miscellaneous humor thread
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/15/17 06:24 AM
The Most Heinous Party Foul
by Jeffery J. Haas
10/13/17 07:09 PM
Forum Stats
6248 Members
57 Forums
16071 Topics
276904 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Topic Options
#301584 - 06/09/17 07:15 PM media news
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
I wonder if anybody else is wondering what is going on with the media and Trump. Hell, the TV is ALL about politics and Trump and speculation and little else. I had to watch Late Night to see the latest Trump offense. This time he is skimming charities and the latest is a charity to help kids with cancer. Take a look:
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2...ng_edition.html
http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/trump-and-the-truth-his-charitable-giving
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-charity-donations/
I am sure that the Trumps are going to end up in court over this one and, when they get convicted then 'thief' will join 'liar' in their list of 'accomplishments'.

After Comey, yesterday, the tv media (cnn, msnbc, etc) are going after Comey for 'leaking' non-classified, personal information even though everybody says that was/ completely legal. I really do not get it. The tv media is responsible for Trump and, basically, they continue to kinda sideways support him by simply continuing to give him free coverage.

Another thing I really don't understand is why Comey has not sued Trump's attorney. I watch Trump's attorney accuse him of leaking classified and privileged information which was a flat out lie. On the other hand I doubt, very much, that the Trump forces are going to sue Comey for calling Trump a liar as that is a simple fact, and proven virtually every day! On the other hand I don't hear the Democrats pointing out, at every opportunity, the simple fact that our president is a serial liar. They just don't seem to have the backbone to actually go after Trump the way he deserves.

Just don't get it.

Edited by jgw (06/09/17 07:16 PM)

#301585 - 06/09/17 07:29 PM Re: media news [Re: jgw]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan, USA
Originally Posted By: jgw
After Comey, yesterday, the tv media (cnn, msnbc, etc) are going after Comey for 'leaking' non-classified, personal information even though everybody says that was/ completely legal. I really do not get it. The tv media is responsible for Trump and, basically, they continue to kinda sideways support him by simply continuing to give him free coverage.

Another thing I really don't understand is why Comey has not sued Trump's attorney. I watch Trump's attorney accuse him of leaking classified and privileged information which was a flat out lie. On the other hand I doubt, very much, that the Trump forces are going to sue Comey for calling Trump a liar as that is a simple fact, and proven virtually every day! On the other hand I don't hear the Democrats pointing out, at every opportunity, the simple fact that our president is a serial liar. They just don't seem to have the backbone to actually go after Trump the way he deserves.

Just don't get it.

Politics and Washington DC. Politicians are the best word benders and spinners in the world. Put the gem of truth under a cup and swirl around and the rubes will never know where it went.

Originally Posted By: jgw
I am sure that the Trumps are going to end up in court over this one and, when they get convicted then 'thief' will join 'liar' in their list of 'accomplishments'.

If convicted, (criminal court?) it would solve the problem of grounds for impeachment.

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#301586 - 06/09/17 08:39 PM Re: media news [Re: jgw]
matthew Offline

'
The Republicans are still far from throwing Trump under the bus, but everyone seems to be ignoring the threat to Trump from the vast number of civil suits still pending against the President. Trump has such a record of lying that when court cases convict him lying and criminal activity, his tenure may come to a crashing end.

No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of Americans

#301601 - 06/10/17 02:42 AM Re: media news [Re: matthew]
Greger Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Florida
The Democrats are going after Trump daily. But they lack the power right now to do very much besides complain. But we're only 120 days or so into this and there's a long way to go. Democrats are obstructing to the best of their ability and mostly just giving him all the rope he needs to hang himself and his party. The press is chipping away at his credibility daily and pissing him off royally so that he puts another bullet in his foot with every news cycle.

Like I said elsewhere, things are ticking along splendidly.

#301602 - 06/10/17 05:58 AM Re: media news [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
There's plenty of charges on the impeachment list. He was impeachable on Day 1 for not creating a blind trust. But Democrats can't do anything about it. It is up to the House Republicans. Twenty-some House Republicans have to see that they are going to lose reelection before they will act. Then the list of charges will be as long as your arm.

The charges and evidence will be so overwhelming that the Senate will have to go along with it, because if they failed to convict they would have to suffer with the ultimate Lame Duck President imaginable for years. They can send him packing and have a shiny new Pence, who they all actually like.

Trump will probably resign and claim victory, rather than face trial. He settles every case he can, and this will be no different.

#301621 - 06/11/17 07:46 PM Re: media news [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline

On the other hand the majority of Republicans continue to support, make excuses for, and generally lie for the liar in chief of the nation. If the left can't make hay out of this then they will have proven themselves simply unable to actually function in any meaningful way. I have no solutions for this one as we are a 2 party system and, as far as I can see, BOTH parties are disfunctional.

The right by abandoning any sense of right, lying when the truth would be better, and displaying an incredible lack of any integrity.

The left seems to have a real problem actually fighting back. For instance, if the dems were run by the right then every time a Democrat makes a reference to Trump by name it should really be a reference to "Trump the Liar" or "Liar in Chief". If they did that, it would stick (as proven, time and again, by the Liar in Chief).

Just a thought..............

#301631 - 06/12/17 06:09 AM Re: media news [Re: jgw]
pondering_it_all Offline
old hand

Loc: North San Diego County
I suspect the Democrats would prefer the Republicans NOT impeach him before the 2018 elections. They want their Congress back and the continuing dumpster fire is the best way for that to happen. Of course. the GOP might make that a sure thing by killing health insurance for millions well before 2018.

#301646 - 06/13/17 03:16 PM Re: media news [Re: jgw]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

First, the media LOVE TRUMP because he makes them money. (Comey Hearing Draws 19.5 Million TV Viewers, 89 Million Online) Wall Street loves volatility, because that makes them money - and Wall Street owns the media. (Who Owns What - Columbia Journalism Review) Trump's impeachment would be a ratings Bonanza.

Trump's sheer brazenness will eventually doom him, but A LOT of money is going to be made before then. By the Trumps, and their supporters, and their detractors, and their lawyers - but, especially, the media. Don't forget the parties. Fundraising is phenomenal.

So, who doesn't make money? Workers. Who suffers? The American people, mostly, but people throughout the world. It will come crashing down, but in the meantime, the rich get richer (including congresspeople), and the poor (99%) will get poorer.

Interestingly, there is a court case that could change that dramatically: Supreme Court could tackle partisan gerrymandering. That would make a real difference.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#301657 - 06/13/17 06:04 PM Re: media news [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
So, who doesn't make money? Workers. Who suffers? The American people, mostly, but people throughout the world. It will come crashing down, but in the meantime, the rich get richer (including congresspeople), and the poor (99%) will get poorer.
Bow

Citizens' United - worst SCOTUS decision ever. crazy

#301680 - 06/14/17 05:45 PM Re: media news [Re: jgw]
jgw Offline

As far as anybody can tell Trump the liar is actually responsible for approximately 85 jobs and all other job claims are lies. As far as his claims for unemployment figures it pretty well actually defined as a hangover from Obama who actually did create millions of jobs as well as managing our recovery from a very serious downturn. It just goes on and on and the media continues to collude so they can make more money. Basically, media feels no responsibility for anything but making money for the stockholders, and their constant blather about their rights to do it under the constitution. Actually, however, that would be baloney. I am a little tired of this constant battering of the public airwaves with utter blather claiming to be 'news'. News, these days, has nothing to do with news. Its all about Trump, political speculation, and little else. (except for the little moving script at the bottom of the screen <G>)

Who's Online
0 registered (), 49 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2