6248 Members
57 Forums
16105 Topics
277497 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#302135 - 07/09/17 04:32 AM BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

via Crooks and Liars

Quote:
The President has no desire and no capacity to lead the World...Donald Trump has pressed fast-forward of the decline of America as global leader.

Quote:
...we all need to give up on any hope that the speeches written for Trump and delivered by the man himself are any reflection of his true thoughts.

“It’s the unscripted Trump that’s real: a man who barks out bile in 140 characters, who wastes his precious days as President at war with the West’s institutions like the judiciary, independent government agencies, and the free press.”

Ouch. cry

#302136 - 07/09/17 05:19 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I am now convinced thar Trump is working harder to further Russian interests than American. Yes, he is beyond ignorant of international affairs. Yes, he is disinterested in hard work or gaining knowledge. But that cannot excuse his anti- American behavior at the G20. He gave secrets to Lavrov in his last meeting, and gave Putin everything he wanted in this one - not taking any witnesses with him to watch it happen. He is, most assuredly, Putin's puppet.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#302137 - 07/09/17 07:37 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: NW Ponderer
...Yes, he is disinterested in hard work or gaining knowledge...

Didn't we say the very same thing about W Bush? This deja vu stuff is getting old. Hmm

#302138 - 07/09/17 07:46 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

But that cannot excuse his anti- American behavior at the G20. He gave secrets to Lavrov in his last meeting, and gave Putin everything he wanted in this one - not taking any witnesses with him to watch it happen. He is, most assuredly, Putin's puppet.

I've written this over a hundred times: The GOP and Tea Party/Freedumb Caucus want to degrade and destroy our government and society just like ISIS and al Queda. It's not The Dems who go around saying:

Quote:
Shrink government small enough to drown in a bathtub.

The fact that Steve Bannon, an admitted anti-goverment Alt-Righter works for Trump as an advisor, only confirms my thinking.

Hmm

#302139 - 07/09/17 03:27 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
Jeffery J. Haas Offline

Pooh-Bah

Loc: Whittier, California
Imagine the conservative reaction if Barack Obama had told Malia to sit in his stead at the G7 meetings.

#302142 - 07/09/17 05:10 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
I just read Mr Trump's Warsaw speech and if I didn't know he delivered it, I could have made some guesses someone like A Hitler may have said something similar.

Buried in the history lesson were the full born ideas of nationalism and the scapegoat upon whom to focus. No longer is it the Jews. Now Western Civilization can focus on Islam.

This is a scary administration. I now know how some Germans must have felt when Hitler began his rise to power.

#302143 - 07/09/17 05:44 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
bigswede Offline

Once again we interpret differently.
Trump delivered a very good speech in Warsaw and it was nothing like a Hitler speech. It was not inflammatory against islam, but it was against jihadi-islam. There is an important difference.

Obviously you do not possess the will to defend our western culture that President Trump urges us to muster.

#302144 - 07/09/17 06:06 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: bigswede
Once again we interpret differently.
Trump delivered a very good speech in Warsaw and it was nothing like a Hitler speech. It was not inflammatory against islam, but it was against jihadi-islam. There is an important difference.

It was an Alt-Right white nationalist speech. Even Sarah Palin caught the "14 Words" euphemism of Trump's Poland speech:

#302145 - 07/09/17 06:18 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

OObviously you do not possess the will to defend our western culture that President Trump urges us to muster.

The purpose of what Trump is doing is to isolate the United States as an island unto itself and not engage in world activities.

#302146 - 07/09/17 07:07 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
OObviously you do not possess the will to defend our western culture that President Trump urges us to muster.

The purpose of what Trump is doing is to isolate the United States as an island unto itself and not engage in world activities.

Maybe you'll be OK, once you start quoting correctly.

What are the 14 words you are referring to? Did they stun in a good way or a bad way?
I believe Trump is trying get not only America, but the World onto new tracks. I'm not judging for now, I'll wait and see.

#302147 - 07/09/17 07:35 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Imagine the conservative reaction if Barack Obama had told Malia to sit in his stead at the G7 meetings.

#302148 - 07/09/17 07:37 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

What are the 14 words you are referring to?

Ask Sarah Palin, it's her Tweet. Hmm

Clearly she heard the white nationalist dog whistle. I simply pointed out her Tweet. smile

...if you're asking about what the 14 white nationalist words, they are:

Quote:
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

#302149 - 07/09/17 07:40 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Well, if it's any consolation, I believe now that McCain/Palin had been a worse presidency than Trump/Pence.

#302150 - 07/09/17 08:02 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: Trump Warsaw speech written by S Miller
We must work together to confront forces, whether they come from inside or out, from the South or the East, that threaten over time to undermine these values and to erase the bonds of culture, faith and tradition that make us who we are

Miller has refined policies positions built on the framework of xenophobic bigotry and alt-right extremism. His positions are well known to be anti-globalist, which in itself is a buzzword for anti-immigration. Miller is directly attacking Islam.

The fundamental problem with the right when they "say" they know they are against radical-Islam, it is a lie. For example when Sen Ron Johnson kept saying it for years he finally slipped and said what he really meant .... he was against Islam. Anti-globalists are not just against radical Islamists, they are against all Muslims.

If it were true or valid that the right was against radical Islamists they would also say they are against radical Christians and yet I have not heard a sound. Religious extremism is not limited to Islam.

Quote:

Obviously you do not possess the will to defend our western culture that President Trump urges us to muster
What you mean is the will to defend white supremacy.

Why do you think the alt-right endorses Mr Trump? For his genius? Nope.

Listen to his words. He wants a Muslim Ban. He did not say he wanted a radical Jihadi ban .... he wanted a Muslim Ban.

With the election of Mr Trump we have found out the truth about bigotry in America. There is a huge chunk of American voters who are bigots and they love Mr Trump.They love the wall. They love that he wants to deport non-whites. They love he wants a Muslim Ban. Why would you believe these are qualities I want my children to possess?

#302151 - 07/09/17 08:08 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: rporter314
There is a huge chunk of American voters who are bigots and they love Mr Trump.They love the wall. They love that he wants to deport non-whites. They love he wants a Muslim Ban. Why would you believe these are qualities I want my children to possess?

***Mic drop***

laugh

#302152 - 07/09/17 08:43 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
bigswede Offline

If it were true or valid that the right was against radical Islamists they would also say they are against radical Christians and yet I have not heard a sound. Religious extremism is not limited to Islam.

Again and again you ascribe to me things that are untrue about me! I have over and over again said I fon't care for any religions.

Quote:

Obviously you do not possess the will to defend our western culture that President Trump urges us to muster

What you mean is the will to defend white supremacy.

Nope, still lies about what I say and mean!
You out of only your own imagination come up with extreme conclusions. You must therefore be an extremist.

Listen to his words. He wants a Muslim Ban. He did not say he wanted a radical Jihadi ban .... he wanted a Muslim Ban.

He clearly referred to his meeting with arab head's of state, where he urged them to root out the inhuman violent extremists in islam, for the benefit of peaceful islam.

#302154 - 07/09/17 10:00 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Quote:
I fon't care for any religions

It doesn't matter. You have cast your lot with people who do.

Now the question is, if religion is not why you object to Muslims (of any brand) then why say radical jihadist. Why not get to the point and say you object to terrorists of every variety.

Do you understand why religion is mentioned now?

Quote:
Nope, still lies about what I say and mean!
While you have not used those words you tacitly endorse white supremacy when you endorse Mr Trump's people policies. Why would you think the alt-right endorses his words? They love his hair? Nope. They love his tacit support of white supremacy.

So let me ask you, do you believe Western Culture refers to African culture? Arab culture? Chinese culture? Western culture is composed of white europeans. O you didn't know. So the next time someone yells about Western Culture, they are in fact referring to white peoples culture (whatever that means).

Rep Steve King says it best.

Quote:
He clearly referred to his meeting with arab head's of state, where he urged them to root out the inhuman violent extremists in islam, for the benefit of peaceful islam.
Reading politically correct speeches or should I read his tweets?

His handlers have to corral him and force him into saying the PC thing.

Do not pay attention to speeches someone else writes for him. Pay attention to his tweets. They reflect what he is really thinking. He was thinking Muslim Ban.

#302158 - 07/10/17 02:26 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Mr. RP, you're getting very personal, and not really responding to what is said. I'd ask you to stick to the topic, please.

bigswede, if you are still in "wait and see" mode, you're not paying attention. There is more than enough evidence to reach conclusions, and they are all bad for Americans (although good for Putin). It has been thoroughly established that Trump is a serial and outlandish liar. He has destroyed US credibility on the international stage and engaged in numerous activities that are directly detrimental to the United States. He has no grasp of even the basics of important policy issues, and doesn't seem to care to understand them. If you have any evidence that refutes any of these assertions, I await their presentation.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#302160 - 07/10/17 02:58 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Reading more carefully, I see that you, Swede, are also assuming facts not in evidence in rp's posts. He was talking about white supremacists, not ascribing that to you. His point was that if one isn't rejecting their positions, that is collusive/accepting in nature. The line between white supremacists and Trump is direct and not blurry. They are his base. That there are many Republicans who excuse or minimize that behavior just demonstrates the moral vacuity of the party.

#302161 - 07/10/17 03:02 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

this is one of the fundamental problems when discussing some issues.

examples is Mr Trump. Everything he does and says has to be filtered through the lens of his personality disorder. Only then does any of it make sense. However no reporter will broach a response from that perspective. I believe it becomes a grave disservice in understanding the presidents message. It actually simplifies his message as in, o it makes him look great, o it makes him appear to be the savior, o etc etc.

Many people obfuscate their true beliefs with patriotic words. If 100 Trump supporters were asked some question about illegals, and 80 said we should deport illegals. How would we know that any of them were actually for enforcing the law as opposed to bigots who don't care what the law is but want them deported anyway? The example I like is Sen Ron Johnson. He for several years talked about stopping radical jihadist Muslims, but then let the cat out of the bag when he let it slip, he wanted to ban all Muslims from entering the country. Of course we could suspect that is what he always meant from the language he used, but one could never be sure until he actually said it. And the list could go on.

Trump's Muslim Ban. Here is why it is a Muslim Ban and not for security reasons. Mr Trump has been president for almost 6 months, far longer than 90 days. He has had plenty of time to devise "extreme vetting" in that time period. Since he is the chief executive, he could implement the new regulations and not need a ban. Why hasn't he done that? For obvious reasons. The ban was a temporary cover which would be extended indefinitely and had nothing to do with security. Security was the disguise.

If he was really interested in security, he would have stopped all immigration. It is just that simple.

When people throw in with the KKK crowd and say the confederate battle flag does not mean anything, who are they kidding? If a nazi sympathizer were to fly a nazi flag at a synagogue, would anyone believe it was a symbol of good fortune?

Of course we could be as oblivious and clueless as Mr Trump and accept what Putin says, he didn't do it, so it must be the guy in the basement.

The point is, sometimes it is personal and not policy, and to determine which it is, a spirited discussion is necessary.

There is a thunder storm approaching ... I'll sign off

#302162 - 07/10/17 03:51 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

To understand, take this quiz.

#302163 - 07/10/17 03:53 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: NW Ponderer]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
He has no grasp of even the basics of important policy issues, and doesn't seem to care to understand them.

I would say he has the same understanding and interest in policy issues as his fan base. That's one of the reasons they love him. The British had a nice nugget that summed up the attitude perfectly:

"Wogs begin at Calais."

#302164 - 07/10/17 03:58 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

To understand, take this quiz.

I got six correct - all of the Trump quotes. smile

The other nine were one of those European fellas and I got everyone of them wrong. gobsmacked

#302167 - 07/10/17 04:12 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Actually, the quiz is cheating. Sometimes Trump quotes the others. Donald Trump Quotes Mussolini And Says “What Difference Does It Make?" He's done it more than once.

All of the other autocrats are more articulate than Trump.

#302169 - 07/10/17 05:31 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

I just think you guys are seeing ghosts in broad daylight!

#302172 - 07/10/17 10:01 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Quote:
Cowardly men always plot to label Freedom as anarchy!

hmmmm

#302174 - 07/10/17 10:28 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
bigswede Offline

Quote:
Cowardly men always plot to label Freedom as anarchy!

hmmmm

Yup!

#302175 - 07/10/17 11:42 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

I just think you guys are seeing ghosts in broad daylight!
Or, perhaps, you are refusing to see the corporial entity in front of you? Trust me, I don't want to believe it either! But, I am a creature of evidence, and the evidence (as I've noted earlier, and you've not disputed) is overwhelming.

Under George Bush the United States was directly attacked, relations with our allies soured, we engaged in a war that had no basis in reality, incompetent and ideological jurists were elevated to the Supreme Court and the economy tanked as a direct result of the policies he pressured. And he, at least, has been a Governor. Trump is far less experienced, less interested, less competent, and more prone to dangerous utterances unrelated to the real world. Can we really expect his presidency to fare better? Based upon what evidence?

In six months Trump has done more to tarnish American values and reputation than Bush did in 8 years. We won't make it to the midterms without disasters and deep wounds. Can you name A SINGLE positive thing he has done for the nation? Just one. I'll wait.

#302176 - 07/10/17 12:01 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

DT took US out of the Paris accord. A great feat I wish he will follow up on in other areas.
We've talked about this some time ago and the evidence is just piling up that CO2 is no threat to the climate, mankind cannot influence climate, the small changes measured are all natural variation.
All claims to the contrary are research fraud, fake news and propaganda.

#302177 - 07/10/17 01:00 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
DT took US out of the Paris accord. A great feat I wish he will follow up on in other areas.
We've talked about this some time ago and the evidence is just piling up that CO2 is no threat to the climate, mankind cannot influence climate, the small changes measured are all natural variation.
All claims to the contrary are research fraud, fake news and propaganda.

That's certainly a discussion stopper. And you think that science supports your beliefs?

I would be interested in a discussion about how folks decide on what the "best" science is and what the motivations are to believe one theory over another.

Edited by logtroll (07/10/17 02:21 PM)

#302178 - 07/10/17 06:23 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
Ma_Republican Offline
old hand

Loc: USA
Who the hell cares? He is from Australia, now the only way he could be dismissed any easier is if he was from CNN.

Tim

“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

#302180 - 07/10/17 08:13 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: logtroll]
bigswede Offline

Science supports my stance on the CO2 issue. It's not a belief.

I would also like to see such a display of why people prefer to play "Simon Says" with self proclaimed authorities, instead of analyzing facts with logic and support the most reasonable position.

#302181 - 07/10/17 10:09 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

You can fill a glass-walled chamber with different levels of CO2 in air, and then point a bright light into the chamber for a fixed period. You will see different absorption of heat into the gas that increases with CO2 level. The science is so simple grade school kids could do it. The only equipment required is a thermometer.

Nature puts CO2 into the atmosphere from various sources, and nature removes CO2 from the atmosphere (mostly into the ocean where it precipitates out as calcium carbonate). That was in rough equilibrium before the industrial revolution. Since then humans have added a lot of CO2, but the movement of that CO2 into the ocean has not increased much. That's why human contribution to atmospheric CO2 is important and maybe ultimately lethal to the human species.

#302185 - 07/10/17 11:08 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Science supports my stance on the CO2 issue. It's not a belief.

Okay, cite a few scientific sources for your claim. You can start with telling us what your stance is on the CO2 issue.

Edited by logtroll (07/10/17 11:57 PM)

#302188 - 07/10/17 11:56 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: logtroll]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Al Franken explains a few things:

Boiling the frog

#302192 - 07/11/17 03:43 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Wasting your time trying to discuss climate change with Mr Swede. There is no proof he would accept for any of the firm scientific principles used including the mathematical modelling.

#302193 - 07/11/17 03:44 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

you missed the point

#302196 - 07/11/17 09:43 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: Ma_Republican]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: Ma_Republican
Who the hell cares? He is from Australia, now the only way he could be dismissed any easier is if he was from CNN.

Tim

YOU should care. John Ulmann is a conservative - albeit an Australian one. Aren't conservatives supposed to be Patriotic and love their county and not want their President to cause the United States to cease being a world leader?

Guess it was all breathy, hyperbole on the American conservative's part. coffee

#302204 - 07/11/17 11:16 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Do you wish to read up on the climate fraud?
Since reporter didn't want to give the time of day in not explaining what he meant by 14 words. Here is a long list of links to sites telling the story you don't get in MSM. No, I won't take the trouble to url every link. Use these phrases to search the internet. Plenty of facts to be had there.
Knock yourselves out, gentlemen!

1000Frolley
Bishop Hill
Climate Audit
CO2 Coalition
Climate Etc.
Dr. Roy Spencer
No Tricks Zone
Climate Exam
Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow
CO2 Science&
Climate 4 You
Real Science
WiseEnergy
International Conferences on Climate Change
C3 Headlines
Cornwall Alliance for the Stewardship of Creation
Global Science Report
Gelbspan Files
Climate in Review, by C. Jeffery Small
Center on Climate and Environmental Policy, The Heartland Institute
Climate Policy, The Heritage Foundation
Global Warming, Cato Institute
Center for Global Food Issues, Hudson Institute
JoNova, hosted by Joanne Nova;
GlobalClimateScam.com
Center for Energy and Environment, Competitive Enterprise Institute
GlobalWarming.org
Cooler Heads Digest
Power for USA
Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)
ClimateWiki
Master Resource
The Climate Bet
International Climate Science Coalition
Climate Scientists' Register
Science and Public Policy Institute
Climate Depot by Marc Morano&
World Climate Report by Dr. Patrick Michaels
Biweekly Updates from the Cooler Heads Coalition
Watts Up With That? by Anthony Watts
ICECAP by Joseph D'Aleo
Junk Science by Steve Milloy
Galileo Movement
Australian Environment Foundation
Carbon Sense Coalition
Clexit Australia
Mann-Ball on Hockeystick
Tim Ball
Mark Steyn
Donna laFramobise
Judith Curry
Klimarealistene
James Delingpole
Ocean DMI

Edited by bigswede (07/11/17 11:21 AM)

#302205 - 07/11/17 12:19 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Quote:
Since reporter didn't want to give the time of day in not explaining what he meant by 14 words

I have concluded you must be typing about me and yet I have never typed any words which include any phrase "14 words". I had to look it up and found the conservative genius xGov Palin being accused of using Nazi code words. Mt Take is she is too dumb to know what they are and so probably did not know anything she may have said could in any possible situation have meant those code words.

Now as for the other, I will point out the obvious. It is a logical fallacy to appeal to authority, however I will take the opportunity to respond in time about your selections as authorities in the "matter" of global warming.

CO2 Coalition - first ... morons ... and now some facts

Originally Posted By: Jim Marston
The CO2 Coalition bases its main argument on the following: “CO2 is a nutrient that is essential to life. CO2 at current levels and higher enables plants, trees, and crops to grow faster and more efficiently. It is essential for life.”

This is a clear misunderstanding of how chemistry and biology work. Yes, CO2 is essential to life – but not at current levels, and certainly not at higher levels. Magnesium, for example, is an essential mineral for humans too, but too much is toxic.

and you think morons who don't understand science are valuable authorities in the debate.

more to come (Mark Steyn!!!!! ..... give me a frakking break)

#302207 - 07/11/17 12:31 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Damn you, RP!! You beat me out by 3 minutes!!!!

Here is my comment anyway...

Quote:
Bigswede, I think my favorite scientific fact in your magnificent list of definitive and authoritative papers is that CO2 does not cause climate change because it is necessary for plant respiration.

#302208 - 07/11/17 01:19 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
logtroll Offline
veteran

I followed one of the first sources for a graph in the CO2 Coalition "Primer" on climate change - the graph "showed" that according to UAE data there is no identifiable evidence of anthropogenic warming.

Here is the source: University of East Anglia

UAE does not agree with the CO2 Coalition's interpretation of it's data.

Perhaps you can provide an explanation for this discrepancy, bigswede?

#302209 - 07/11/17 03:34 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: logtroll]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Loc: Michigan, USA
Originally Posted By: logtroll
I followed one of the first sources for a graph in the CO2 Coalition "Primer" on climate change - the graph "showed" that according to UAE data there is no identifiable evidence of anthropogenic warming.

Well following the above link and we find hard science, like this graph on Global Temprature Record the provided explanation provides some interesting conclusions. I also like this information sheet; Causes of climate change in particular the third paragraph from the bottom on page 4.

Oh Bigswede googleing one of the organizations (International Climate Science Coalition) on your list, I find the Executive Director holds "B. Eng., M. Eng. (Mech., thermofluids)" degrees, how does being an engineer make him an authority on Climate Change?

Life is like a PB&J sandwich
The older you get, the moldery and crustier you get.

Now, get off my grass!

#302210 - 07/11/17 04:02 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
bigswede Offline

Quote:
Since reporter didn't want to give the time of day in not explaining what he meant by 14 words

I have concluded you must be typing about me and yet I have never typed any words which include any phrase "14 words". I had to look it up and found the conservative genius xGov Palin being accused of using Nazi code words. Mt Take is she is too dumb to know what they are and so probably did not know anything she may have said could in any possible situation have meant those code words.

My apologies to you rporter. It was pdx rick (of course) who named the 14 words. I had to look it up too. And no I don't agree with pdx rick that Trump spoke key words to please nazis.

Now as for the other, I will point out the obvious. It is a logical fallacy to appeal to authority, however I will take the opportunity to respond in time about your selections as authorities in the "matter" of global warming.

No I did not appeal to authority, if I had I would have chosen one to point at. Instead I tried show the plethora of scientists, from a broad variety of disciplines, who oppose the IPCC claim that anthropogenic CO2 will cause catastrophic Global Warming.

CO2 Coalition - first ... morons ... and now some facts

Originally Posted By: Jim Marston
The CO2 Coalition bases its main argument on the following: “CO2 is a nutrient that is essential to life. CO2 at current levels and higher enables plants, trees, and crops to grow faster and more efficiently. It is essential for life.”

This is a clear misunderstanding of how chemistry and biology work. Yes, CO2 is essential to life – but not at current levels, and certainly not at higher levels. Magnesium, for example, is an essential mineral for humans too, but too much is toxic.

and you think morons who don't understand science are valuable authorities in the debate.

more to come (Mark Steyn!!!!! ..... give me a frakking break)

You just don't seem to get it right, do you? Of course CO2 in the atmosphere is essential to life! This has been known practically since the gas was discovered.
And yes Earths plant life will benefit from a bit more CO2, it already has! The world is greener today than it was 100 years ago. Crops yield more, and not just from technology and fertilizer.
Also it won't be poisonous to us until it hits 3-5 % in the atmosphere. Todays 0.04 % is far far away from that level.
Mark Steyn makes good arguments! Love the guy!

#302211 - 07/11/17 04:10 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: logtroll]
bigswede Offline

Originally Posted By: logtroll

The Met Office crew at Hadley Centre of University of East Anglia were caught cheating with their datasets graphs. Search the internet for "hide the decline" "hockeystick", "climate gate" and you will screen full of stuff to read about it.

And yes, they are still at it!
https://thsresearch.files.wordpress.com/2017/05/ef-gast-data-research-report-062717.pdf

#302212 - 07/11/17 05:03 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Quote:

My apologies to you rporter. It was pdx rick (of course) who named the 14 words. I had to look it up too. And no I don't agree with pdx rick that Trump spoke key words to please nazis.

Is reading comprehension not a forte of yours? You asked what the '14 words' were and I delivered in the reply post.

You seem hung-up on the '14 words' - why is that? Clearly you knew the term '14 words' meant something. I will go out on a limb and spit-ball that you knew that '14 words' were associated with white nationalism, but you were not exactly sure what those '14 words' were.

That Sarah Palin recognized Trump's Alt-Right white nationalism dog-whistle in his Poland speech, speaks volumes.

Your turn. smile

#302213 - 07/11/17 06:22 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

No rick, I was completely clueless on those 14 words. You see I'm not the least bit interested in nationalsozialismus. To me it's just another take on socialism, just like fascism. It's left wing all of it.

I know we are being fed false information, they say it's right wing. But when the government decides who gets to own business, what the business is to produce and at what price, for the greater good of the nation. Then, that is socialism any way you slice it.
If you haven't noticed there is growing awareness on the internet of those corporatist ideologies being left wing.

#302214 - 07/11/17 06:26 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

No rick, I was completely clueless on those 14 words. You see I'm not the least bit interested in nationalsozialismus. To me it's just another take on socialism, just like fascism. It's left wing all of it.

White nationalism is an Alt-Right phenomena. Do you see the word "right" there? That means it's on the right-side of the political spectrum.

You...are...welcome. Bow

#302215 - 07/11/17 06:47 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

I have not seen any alt-right either, only heard lefties talk about it. Must be a fantasy they have.

There is nothing wrong with being white. Nothing wrong with being proud of your culture. White-bashing is discriminatory and counterproductive.

There, you are so welcome!

#302216 - 07/11/17 06:51 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

There is nothing wrong with being white. Nothing wrong with being proud of your culture. White-bashing is discriminatory and counterproductive.

Um...THAT's the very definition of Alt-Right white supremacy.

You...are...welcome. laugh

#302217 - 07/11/17 07:14 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

BS, totally!
Welcome to yo.

#302218 - 07/11/17 07:16 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

BS, totally!
Welcome to yo.

Stay in denial. The rest of us know who and what you are. Have a good day. smile

#302224 - 07/11/17 08:42 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Quote:
No I did not appeal to authority, if I had I would have chosen one to point at. Instead I tried show the plethora of scientists, from a broad variety of disciplines, who oppose the IPCC claim that anthropogenic CO2 will cause catastrophic Global Warming.

When you listed a bunch of orgs and folks you consider experts in their field, you have appealed to authority .... sorry

since i suspect you do not have a scientific background, you are at a loss to appeal to the facts. I know just enough science to make me dangerous but recognize the truth of the arguments and a lot more about modelling, so understand deniers criticisms of the modelling and how real scientisits take thw criticism and correct their errors.

Here is a stange but true fact. You like to claim EA manipulated data to create hat you believe is a hoax.(Unbeknownst to you all raw data must be standardized in order to get meaningful results of modelling). So Berkeley took all known data and did this experiment. That used every denier criticism, created their own criticisms, super manipulated the data and ran it through numerous models and guess what? yep they all resulted in the same conclusion .... so much for your lie about data fraud

The argument about CO2 is not about how poinsonious it is or could be but about its physical properties as a greenhouse gas. Since your comments did not include that I have to conclude you do not understand what AGW is.

Quote:
Mark Steyn makes good arguments! Love the guy!
Ego without portfolio. He is not a scientist and his disingenuous AGW arguments are meant to appeal to people like yourself i.e. who believe the evil empire is out to get people. Sen Cruz did the same thing in hearings last year. He only had non-scientists show up and explain science and when they could not he pontificated about science as if he was a scientist. How could data from NOAA be pertinent to life at the surface of our planet. No one lives at 50k feet above the surface.

More to come

#302225 - 07/11/17 09:49 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
logtroll Offline
veteran

The Met Office crew at Hadley Centre of University of East Anglia were caught cheating with their datasets graphs. Search the internet for "hide the decline" "hockeystick", "climate gate" and you will screen full of stuff to read about it.

Aha! The infamous Merry-Go-Round Gambit!

-You cite a source to back up your not actually stated position on CO2;

-Your source relies upon data provided by EAU;

-I point out the flaw in your source's use of the data;

-You argue that the EAU data is flawed.

-Logically, according to my source (which is you) your source cannot have proven anything using EAU data.

Please describe what scientific method does the Merry-Go_Round Gambit utilize?

#302229 - 07/11/17 11:57 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: logtroll]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Brass Ring - historically it was discovered by Shaolin monks who devised techniques to spin peoples heads in clockwise directions ... when the move was finished the subject did not know whether they came and went or were even there at all

#302230 - 07/12/17 12:03 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

International Climate Science Coalition

Originally Posted By: Ben Cubby
The function of the International Climate Science Coalition has less to do with science than with public relations, a strategy and budget document released by the group last year said.

Gee they are not experts at all .... PR folks and you got conned by these people ....

more to come

#302235 - 07/12/17 10:29 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Climate Depot by Marc Morano

Marc is a propagandist not a scientist.

Where's the science????

More to come

Please note I am picking at almost at random (if the name looks a little interesting so not quite at random)

Edited by rporter314 (07/12/17 10:30 AM)

#302236 - 07/12/17 11:02 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
bigswede Offline

Poor rporter, completely engulfed in climate scare, so you have to make up straw men for your arguments.
We'll just have to wait and see who's right. If I live to 2050 I've had a long life. Perhaps your'e younger and can check your thermometer in 2060 or 2070.
I'm convinced that by 2100 science will understand that man does not influence Global Climat. But politics, politicians and policy inventors will still claim their efforts saved the World.
Den som lever får se!

#302238 - 07/12/17 12:53 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Poor rporter, completely engulfed in climate scare, so you have to make up straw men for your arguments.
We'll just have to wait and see who's right. If I live to 2050 I've had a long life. Perhaps your'e younger and can check your thermometer in 2060 or 2070.
I'm convinced that by 2100 science will understand that man does not influence Global Climat. But politics, politicians and policy inventors will still claim their efforts saved the World.
Den som lever får se!

Aha! It was slow coming, and a bit backdoor, but our friend bigswede has finally elucidated his position enough to show that he is truly a man of beliefs unencumbered by scientific thought.

"Poor rporter, completely engulfed in climate scare, so you have to make up straw men for your arguments."
"We'll just have to wait and see who's right..."
"I'm convinced..."

These are not statements derived from scientific thought, which always remains open to skepticism and new data. Bigswede has made up his mind, based upon marginal and suspect data, cherry-picked to support a prejudged hypothesis, and is unwilling to engage in discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the diverse arguments, instead resorting to condescending insults to others' intelligence.

The mind numbing consequence of the climate change denier's position of "we'll wait and see who's right", is that if they are wrong, we will have substantially destroyed the planet - apparently for the benefit of not being inconvenienced by having to change some of our nasty and pointless habits concerning the profligate use of geologically sequestered carbon. But if the "climate scairdy cats" get their way and we do take corrective action, the benefits will be real and substantive - cleaner air, lower cost living, abundant and clean water, more productive agriculture, avoided displacement of inhabitants of low lying coastal regions, healthy oceans, ...

Bigswede's way is one of global Russian Roulette - gee, I wonder if that has a connection to the Trump family?

#302240 - 07/12/17 01:27 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Say, Logtroll, why is it you state "You can't fix a problem until you know what the problem is." in every post, yet you are not willing to wait and see if CO2 really is a problem?
My mind is open, what about your's?

You claim "But if the "climate scairdy cats" get their way and we do take corrective action, the benefits will be real and substantive - cleaner air, lower cost living, abundant and clean water, more productive agriculture, avoided displacement of inhabitants of low lying coastal regions, healthy oceans, ..."

But that will not be the case. The outcome of climate action is loss of freedom, monopoly business, economic ruin, a corporatist state and unfortunately ever more pollution (albeit of a different and probably more severe sort).

#302241 - 07/12/17 01:28 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Wow.. I leave for a day and this thread morphed into something unrecognizable.

#302243 - 07/12/17 01:36 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Bigswede, I started another topic where you can explain that for us, if you please.

#302248 - 07/12/17 03:05 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Say, Logtroll, why is it you state "You can't fix a problem until you know what the problem is."

Though circular logic, it is a simple immutable fact, "You can't fix a problem until you know what the problem is."

Bigswede, I find you current signature to be a bit ironic.

Now, get off my grass!

#302252 - 07/12/17 04:43 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

No one has yet shown that anthropogenically added CO2 to atmosphere is a problem. Thus far it's only a hypothesis.
So, is there a problem?
If so, what is the problem?
Will any of the proposed actions cure the imagined problem?

#302258 - 07/12/17 05:28 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

No one has yet shown that anthropogenically added CO2 to atmosphere is a problem.

NASA has: https://climate.nasa.gov Hmm

#302259 - 07/12/17 05:41 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

No one has yet shown that anthropogenically added CO2 to atmosphere is a problem.

NASA has: https://climate.nasa.gov Hmm

Debunked! Even by James Hansen himself.

#302261 - 07/12/17 05:51 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Oh! You mean this James Hanson? Climate guru James Hansen warns of much worse than expected sea level rise coffee

Quote:
Former Nasa researcher and father of climate change awareness says melting of ice sheets could cause ‘several meters’ rise in a century, swamping coastal cities

Quote:
Without a sharp reduction in greenhouse gas emissions, the global sea level is likely to increase “several meters over a timescale of 50 to 150 years”, the paper states, warning that the Earth’s oceans were six to nine meters higher during the Eemian period – an interglacial phase about 120,000 years ago that was less than 1C warmer than it is today.

Global warming of 2C above pre-industrial times – the world is already halfway to this mark – would be “dangerous” and risk submerging cities, the paper said. A separate study, released in February, warned that New York, London, Rio de Janeiro and Shanghai will be among the cities at risk from flooding by 2100.

...from James Hanson's research paper in Atmospheric Chemistry and Physics

#302265 - 07/12/17 06:05 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Yep, he has described in detail how he staged meetings with politicians when his case was weak, to get the desired outcome. A total fraud, funded with tax money.

#302266 - 07/12/17 06:06 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Originally Posted By: Richard Muller
It is neither a hypothesis or theory. It is an observational result, one that presently can be explained only by the greenhouse theory. I attach the chart published by my organization, Home - Berkeley Earth. Our published, peer-reviewed papers are available on our web site.

This plot shows a measurement of global warming that directly addressed all of the objections raised by the skeptics (urban heat island, data selection bias, poor station sites, data adjustment bias, manipulated global climate models). It shows that the only theory (and by theory I include only those that make predictions) that matches the data is the theory that the temperature change is driven by greenhouse gas emissions. Volcanic eruptions contribute only short-term effects (the dips). Changes in solar activity account for less than 5% of the observed change.

Global warming is observed, and the only theory that accounts for it is the greenhouse theory.

So as opposed to your list of publicists and propagandists, here is a scientist who works in the field of climatology.

So why is this guy lying????

#302270 - 07/12/17 06:17 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Yep, he has described in detail how he staged meetings with politicians when his case was weak, to get the desired outcome. A total fraud, funded with tax money.

tinfoilhat Oh! I see. coffee

#302277 - 07/12/17 07:34 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Volcanoes are interesting. When they erupt they release a lot of CO2, but they also throw a lot of sulfur into the atmosphere as well. Putting sulfur compounds into the upper atmosphere is one of the ways humans can actually make it cooler.

#302279 - 07/13/17 12:57 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Only bad thing about the Sulfur, it comes back as sulfuric acid eek

Now, get off my grass!

#302280 - 07/13/17 02:28 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Sulfuric acid very quickly reacts with many different substances to yield sulfate salts. The acid is a very energetic reactant so will not really exist for long outside of a glass bottle or tanker car. It makes acid rain or VOG, and then reacts immediately once it is in contact with almost anything besides water.

#302293 - 07/13/17 01:14 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
Ujest Shurly Offline
stranger

Ahhhh, I see what I did, typed "Only" when I meant "One". That is what I get for not reading backwards (checking my post before hitting ENTER)...

dunce

Edited by Ujest Shurly (07/13/17 01:15 PM)

Now, get off my grass!

#302294 - 07/13/17 01:15 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Citation, please. (Be specific)

#302295 - 07/13/17 01:19 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Can we move the climate discussion to the other thread?

#302302 - 07/13/17 04:45 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: NW Ponderer]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Can we move the climate discussion to the other thread?

Is it possible to move all of it? smile

#302303 - 07/13/17 06:35 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Offline
Carpal Tunnel

With some effort.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2