6248 Members
57 Forums
16104 Topics
277471 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#302147 - 07/09/17 07:35 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: Jeffery J. Haas]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: Jeffery J. Haas
Imagine the conservative reaction if Barack Obama had told Malia to sit in his stead at the G7 meetings.

#302148 - 07/09/17 07:37 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: bigswede
What are the 14 words you are referring to?

Ask Sarah Palin, it's her Tweet. Hmm

Clearly she heard the white nationalist dog whistle. I simply pointed out her Tweet. smile

...if you're asking about what the 14 white nationalist words, they are:

Quote:
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children.

#302149 - 07/09/17 07:40 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Well, if it's any consolation, I believe now that McCain/Palin had been a worse presidency than Trump/Pence.

#302150 - 07/09/17 08:02 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Originally Posted By: Trump Warsaw speech written by S Miller
We must work together to confront forces, whether they come from inside or out, from the South or the East, that threaten over time to undermine these values and to erase the bonds of culture, faith and tradition that make us who we are

Miller has refined policies positions built on the framework of xenophobic bigotry and alt-right extremism. His positions are well known to be anti-globalist, which in itself is a buzzword for anti-immigration. Miller is directly attacking Islam.

The fundamental problem with the right when they "say" they know they are against radical-Islam, it is a lie. For example when Sen Ron Johnson kept saying it for years he finally slipped and said what he really meant .... he was against Islam. Anti-globalists are not just against radical Islamists, they are against all Muslims.

If it were true or valid that the right was against radical Islamists they would also say they are against radical Christians and yet I have not heard a sound. Religious extremism is not limited to Islam.

Quote:

Obviously you do not possess the will to defend our western culture that President Trump urges us to muster
What you mean is the will to defend white supremacy.

Why do you think the alt-right endorses Mr Trump? For his genius? Nope.

Listen to his words. He wants a Muslim Ban. He did not say he wanted a radical Jihadi ban .... he wanted a Muslim Ban.

With the election of Mr Trump we have found out the truth about bigotry in America. There is a huge chunk of American voters who are bigots and they love Mr Trump.They love the wall. They love that he wants to deport non-whites. They love he wants a Muslim Ban. Why would you believe these are qualities I want my children to possess?

#302151 - 07/09/17 08:08 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Originally Posted By: rporter314
There is a huge chunk of American voters who are bigots and they love Mr Trump.They love the wall. They love that he wants to deport non-whites. They love he wants a Muslim Ban. Why would you believe these are qualities I want my children to possess?

***Mic drop***

laugh

#302152 - 07/09/17 08:43 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
bigswede Offline

If it were true or valid that the right was against radical Islamists they would also say they are against radical Christians and yet I have not heard a sound. Religious extremism is not limited to Islam.

Again and again you ascribe to me things that are untrue about me! I have over and over again said I fon't care for any religions.

Quote:

Obviously you do not possess the will to defend our western culture that President Trump urges us to muster

What you mean is the will to defend white supremacy.

Nope, still lies about what I say and mean!
You out of only your own imagination come up with extreme conclusions. You must therefore be an extremist.

Listen to his words. He wants a Muslim Ban. He did not say he wanted a radical Jihadi ban .... he wanted a Muslim Ban.

He clearly referred to his meeting with arab head's of state, where he urged them to root out the inhuman violent extremists in islam, for the benefit of peaceful islam.

#302154 - 07/09/17 10:00 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Quote:
I fon't care for any religions

It doesn't matter. You have cast your lot with people who do.

Now the question is, if religion is not why you object to Muslims (of any brand) then why say radical jihadist. Why not get to the point and say you object to terrorists of every variety.

Do you understand why religion is mentioned now?

Quote:
Nope, still lies about what I say and mean!
While you have not used those words you tacitly endorse white supremacy when you endorse Mr Trump's people policies. Why would you think the alt-right endorses his words? They love his hair? Nope. They love his tacit support of white supremacy.

So let me ask you, do you believe Western Culture refers to African culture? Arab culture? Chinese culture? Western culture is composed of white europeans. O you didn't know. So the next time someone yells about Western Culture, they are in fact referring to white peoples culture (whatever that means).

Rep Steve King says it best.

Quote:
He clearly referred to his meeting with arab head's of state, where he urged them to root out the inhuman violent extremists in islam, for the benefit of peaceful islam.
Reading politically correct speeches or should I read his tweets?

His handlers have to corral him and force him into saying the PC thing.

Do not pay attention to speeches someone else writes for him. Pay attention to his tweets. They reflect what he is really thinking. He was thinking Muslim Ban.

#302158 - 07/10/17 02:26 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
NW Ponderer Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Mr. RP, you're getting very personal, and not really responding to what is said. I'd ask you to stick to the topic, please.

bigswede, if you are still in "wait and see" mode, you're not paying attention. There is more than enough evidence to reach conclusions, and they are all bad for Americans (although good for Putin). It has been thoroughly established that Trump is a serial and outlandish liar. He has destroyed US credibility on the international stage and engaged in numerous activities that are directly detrimental to the United States. He has no grasp of even the basics of important policy issues, and doesn't seem to care to understand them. If you have any evidence that refutes any of these assertions, I await their presentation.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#302160 - 07/10/17 02:58 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
NW Ponderer Online   content
Carpal Tunnel

Reading more carefully, I see that you, Swede, are also assuming facts not in evidence in rp's posts. He was talking about white supremacists, not ascribing that to you. His point was that if one isn't rejecting their positions, that is collusive/accepting in nature. The line between white supremacists and Trump is direct and not blurry. They are his base. That there are many Republicans who excuse or minimize that behavior just demonstrates the moral vacuity of the party.

Here, as elsewhere, people are outraged at what feels like a rigged game -- an economy that won't respond, a democracy that won't listen, and a financial sector that holds all the cards. - Robert Reich

#302161 - 07/10/17 03:02 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

this is one of the fundamental problems when discussing some issues.

examples is Mr Trump. Everything he does and says has to be filtered through the lens of his personality disorder. Only then does any of it make sense. However no reporter will broach a response from that perspective. I believe it becomes a grave disservice in understanding the presidents message. It actually simplifies his message as in, o it makes him look great, o it makes him appear to be the savior, o etc etc.

Many people obfuscate their true beliefs with patriotic words. If 100 Trump supporters were asked some question about illegals, and 80 said we should deport illegals. How would we know that any of them were actually for enforcing the law as opposed to bigots who don't care what the law is but want them deported anyway? The example I like is Sen Ron Johnson. He for several years talked about stopping radical jihadist Muslims, but then let the cat out of the bag when he let it slip, he wanted to ban all Muslims from entering the country. Of course we could suspect that is what he always meant from the language he used, but one could never be sure until he actually said it. And the list could go on.

Trump's Muslim Ban. Here is why it is a Muslim Ban and not for security reasons. Mr Trump has been president for almost 6 months, far longer than 90 days. He has had plenty of time to devise "extreme vetting" in that time period. Since he is the chief executive, he could implement the new regulations and not need a ban. Why hasn't he done that? For obvious reasons. The ban was a temporary cover which would be extended indefinitely and had nothing to do with security. Security was the disguise.

If he was really interested in security, he would have stopped all immigration. It is just that simple.

When people throw in with the KKK crowd and say the confederate battle flag does not mean anything, who are they kidding? If a nazi sympathizer were to fly a nazi flag at a synagogue, would anyone believe it was a symbol of good fortune?

Of course we could be as oblivious and clueless as Mr Trump and accept what Putin says, he didn't do it, so it must be the guy in the basement.

The point is, sometimes it is personal and not policy, and to determine which it is, a spirited discussion is necessary.

There is a thunder storm approaching ... I'll sign off

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
1 registered (jgw), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2