6248 Members
57 Forums
16104 Topics
277471 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#302217 - 07/11/17 07:14 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Originally Posted By: pdx rick
Originally Posted By: bigswede
There is nothing wrong with being white. Nothing wrong with being proud of your culture. White-bashing is discriminatory and counterproductive.

Um...THAT's the very definition of Alt-Right white supremacy.

You...are...welcome. laugh

BS, totally!
Welcome to yo.

#302218 - 07/11/17 07:16 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA
Originally Posted By: pdx rick
There is nothing wrong with being white. Nothing wrong with being proud of your culture. White-bashing is discriminatory and counterproductive.

Um...THAT's the very definition of Alt-Right white supremacy.

You...are...welcome. laugh

BS, totally!
Welcome to yo.

Stay in denial. The rest of us know who and what you are. Have a good day. smile

#302224 - 07/11/17 08:42 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
Quote:
No I did not appeal to authority, if I had I would have chosen one to point at. Instead I tried show the plethora of scientists, from a broad variety of disciplines, who oppose the IPCC claim that anthropogenic CO2 will cause catastrophic Global Warming.

When you listed a bunch of orgs and folks you consider experts in their field, you have appealed to authority .... sorry

since i suspect you do not have a scientific background, you are at a loss to appeal to the facts. I know just enough science to make me dangerous but recognize the truth of the arguments and a lot more about modelling, so understand deniers criticisms of the modelling and how real scientisits take thw criticism and correct their errors.

Here is a stange but true fact. You like to claim EA manipulated data to create hat you believe is a hoax.(Unbeknownst to you all raw data must be standardized in order to get meaningful results of modelling). So Berkeley took all known data and did this experiment. That used every denier criticism, created their own criticisms, super manipulated the data and ran it through numerous models and guess what? yep they all resulted in the same conclusion .... so much for your lie about data fraud

The argument about CO2 is not about how poinsonious it is or could be but about its physical properties as a greenhouse gas. Since your comments did not include that I have to conclude you do not understand what AGW is.

Quote:
Mark Steyn makes good arguments! Love the guy!
Ego without portfolio. He is not a scientist and his disingenuous AGW arguments are meant to appeal to people like yourself i.e. who believe the evil empire is out to get people. Sen Cruz did the same thing in hearings last year. He only had non-scientists show up and explain science and when they could not he pontificated about science as if he was a scientist. How could data from NOAA be pertinent to life at the surface of our planet. No one lives at 50k feet above the surface.

More to come

#302225 - 07/11/17 09:49 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
The Met Office crew at Hadley Centre of University of East Anglia were caught cheating with their datasets graphs. Search the internet for "hide the decline" "hockeystick", "climate gate" and you will screen full of stuff to read about it.

Aha! The infamous Merry-Go-Round Gambit!

-You cite a source to back up your not actually stated position on CO2;

-Your source relies upon data provided by EAU;

-I point out the flaw in your source's use of the data;

-You argue that the EAU data is flawed.

-Logically, according to my source (which is you) your source cannot have proven anything using EAU data.

Please describe what scientific method does the Merry-Go_Round Gambit utilize?

#302229 - 07/11/17 11:57 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: logtroll]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Brass Ring - historically it was discovered by Shaolin monks who devised techniques to spin peoples heads in clockwise directions ... when the move was finished the subject did not know whether they came and went or were even there at all

#302230 - 07/12/17 12:03 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

International Climate Science Coalition

Originally Posted By: Ben Cubby
The function of the International Climate Science Coalition has less to do with science than with public relations, a strategy and budget document released by the group last year said.

Gee they are not experts at all .... PR folks and you got conned by these people ....

more to come

#302235 - 07/12/17 10:29 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Climate Depot by Marc Morano

Marc is a propagandist not a scientist.

Where's the science????

More to come

Please note I am picking at almost at random (if the name looks a little interesting so not quite at random)

Edited by rporter314 (07/12/17 10:30 AM)

#302236 - 07/12/17 11:02 AM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: rporter314]
bigswede Offline

Poor rporter, completely engulfed in climate scare, so you have to make up straw men for your arguments.
We'll just have to wait and see who's right. If I live to 2050 I've had a long life. Perhaps your'e younger and can check your thermometer in 2060 or 2070.
I'm convinced that by 2100 science will understand that man does not influence Global Climat. But politics, politicians and policy inventors will still claim their efforts saved the World.
Den som lever får se!

#302238 - 07/12/17 12:53 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: bigswede]
logtroll Offline
veteran

Loc: New Mexico (not old Mexico)
Poor rporter, completely engulfed in climate scare, so you have to make up straw men for your arguments.
We'll just have to wait and see who's right. If I live to 2050 I've had a long life. Perhaps your'e younger and can check your thermometer in 2060 or 2070.
I'm convinced that by 2100 science will understand that man does not influence Global Climat. But politics, politicians and policy inventors will still claim their efforts saved the World.
Den som lever får se!

Aha! It was slow coming, and a bit backdoor, but our friend bigswede has finally elucidated his position enough to show that he is truly a man of beliefs unencumbered by scientific thought.

"Poor rporter, completely engulfed in climate scare, so you have to make up straw men for your arguments."
"We'll just have to wait and see who's right..."
"I'm convinced..."

These are not statements derived from scientific thought, which always remains open to skepticism and new data. Bigswede has made up his mind, based upon marginal and suspect data, cherry-picked to support a prejudged hypothesis, and is unwilling to engage in discussion of the strengths and weaknesses of the diverse arguments, instead resorting to condescending insults to others' intelligence.

The mind numbing consequence of the climate change denier's position of "we'll wait and see who's right", is that if they are wrong, we will have substantially destroyed the planet - apparently for the benefit of not being inconvenienced by having to change some of our nasty and pointless habits concerning the profligate use of geologically sequestered carbon. But if the "climate scairdy cats" get their way and we do take corrective action, the benefits will be real and substantive - cleaner air, lower cost living, abundant and clean water, more productive agriculture, avoided displacement of inhabitants of low lying coastal regions, healthy oceans, ...

Bigswede's way is one of global Russian Roulette - gee, I wonder if that has a connection to the Trump family?

#302240 - 07/12/17 01:27 PM Re: BRUTAL: Australian Journalist Sums Up Trump's G20 Visit In 2 Minutes [Re: pdx rick]
bigswede Offline

Say, Logtroll, why is it you state "You can't fix a problem until you know what the problem is." in every post, yet you are not willing to wait and see if CO2 really is a problem?
My mind is open, what about your's?

You claim "But if the "climate scairdy cats" get their way and we do take corrective action, the benefits will be real and substantive - cleaner air, lower cost living, abundant and clean water, more productive agriculture, avoided displacement of inhabitants of low lying coastal regions, healthy oceans, ..."

But that will not be the case. The outcome of climate action is loss of freedom, monopoly business, economic ruin, a corporatist state and unfortunately ever more pollution (albeit of a different and probably more severe sort).

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Who's Online
1 registered (jgw), 23 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2