6248 Members
57 Forums
16105 Topics
277497 Posts

Max Online: 282 @ 05/29/08 05:08 AM
Google Adsense
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#302314 - 07/14/17 05:34 PM Re: BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion [Re: pdx rick]
pdx rick Offline
Carpal Tunnel

Loc: Puget Sound, WA

Remember when Don Jr said there was only the Russian attorney lady, himself, Manafort, and Kushner at the June 6th 2016 Trump Tower meeting to "get dirt" on Clinton? Now it's up to six people who attended.

#302318 - 07/14/17 07:21 PM Re: BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Loc: Highlands, Tx
let me refer you guys to a previous post

Does anyone see any Republicans heading to the impeachment door?

First Spkr Ryan won't allow anyone to file charges and second if the Democrats (they would be the only ones who would file charges) were to get a vote on it, the Republicans would defeat it.

So far there is no morality clause in his contract and incompetence is not a crime, what do you guys have??? alleged collusion? that is not a crime. what about alleged criminal collusion?

Just saying ... keep it real

#302323 - 07/14/17 09:55 PM Re: BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion [Re: rporter314]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Who needs a crime? Impeachment is POLITICAL. If Congressional Republicans are convinced the USS Trump is sinking, they will desert the ship ahead of the rats. They like their jobs.

Their whole reason for being there is for the good of the country and for the power that comes with the job. ($174,000 a year is nothing to these guys.) They lose that power if they don't get reelected.

Oh yes, and they can't do "good" for the country if they lose. Mustn't forget that pretense.

Lowering taxes for the 1% is important but winning reelection is much more important.

#302326 - 07/15/17 12:19 AM Re: BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

Let me remind everyone of Art II sec 4

Originally Posted By: US Constitution
The President, Vice President, and all civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors

So the next order of business is to find out what
Quote:
The charge of high crimes and misdemeanors [ed. is and that it] covers allegations of misconduct peculiar to officials, such as perjury of oath, abuse of authority, bribery, intimidation, misuse of assets, failure to supervise, dereliction of duty, conduct unbecoming, and refusal to obey a lawful order

now we are in the political arena.

So again I ask, has anyone seen any Republican ringing the impeachment bell?

#302329 - 07/15/17 03:40 AM Re: BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion [Re: rporter314]
pondering_it_all Offline
veteran

Loc: North San Diego County
Quote:
has anyone seen any Republican ringing the impeachment bell?

I don't think they have to yet. In 2018 when the polls start to look really bad, then they will. They have no reason to care yet.

Of course, they could pass a repeal and replace bill and really piss a lot of people off. Men with dead wives and children could start descending on the Capital looking for some Republican ass to kick. That might give them some reason to do something different.

By The Way: How about that "conduct unbecoming" charge? That pretty much covers anything the House wants it to cover, doesn't it?

#302341 - 07/16/17 11:03 AM Re: BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion [Re: pdx rick]
rporter314 Offline
old hand

conduct unbecoming does not apply to Mr Trump.

I do not think the Founders knew of anyone so blatantly odious so they could have found a better phrase.

Also note he is refilling campaign coffers early and people are stepping all over themselves to contribute.

Note in addition his polling numbers are historically low.

Be aware only the anti-Trumper Republicans have said anything and none of them have breathed the "I" word.

Your point is taken regarding political reality and elections, however, they have a willing tool to accomplish their anti-government agenda. This is a tough equation to solve. In fact there may not be a solution.

How bad does it have to get for the majority party to initiate impeachment proceedings against a president of their own party? My answer ... nothing yet, including the potentialities of political reality looming in 2018. There will be no damage in Trump country and minimal in the Swing. All those angry townhalls? Simply bused in liberals who don't count toward a conservative agenda.

I would not bet too much on the proposition Mr Trump will not make it through his first term .... yet

#302385 - 07/19/17 07:02 PM Re: BREAKING!! Don Jr admits to collusion [Re: pdx rick]
jgw Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
Jr proved that, in the Trump family, the acorns are not falling far from the tree. We can, obviously, count on the whole bunch of them to lie, even when the truth is better. They simply cannot help it. I also believe that, when they are lying, they don't even know it, and tend to actually believe their own BS. What is amazing is that Jr seems even more ignorant than daddy and not particularly bright.

WE (American voters) have proved, yet again, that ANYBODY can be president!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Who's Online
0 registered (), 37 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
TrentonP, Nosf50, erumonej, Jensen Breck, Albertapkr
6248 Registered Users
A2